It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Up: The White House just announced that all public events have been cancelled today...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by Jansy

You can't get rid of welfare or public housing. Some people take advantage of that sure, but alot of people need it. Sure, the system prolly needs to be rebooted and changed, but you can't just take these programs away.

I actually didn't say anything about taking away public housing or welfare, I said we should expect SOMETHING in return...some way of paying back for what is, in effect, a free ride. I know there are people that need help and I understand that, but decade after decade after decade of welfare is helping to suck this country dry. (So is sending billions of dollars in aid to countries around the world, when our own infrastructure is crumbling and we have major problems here). Put them to work in some way, if physically possible, shoring up our communities...doing something to EARN that money. Welfare should be a hand UP, not a hand OUT.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
Burn all of the Walmart's, all of the Mcdonalds, all of the Costco's (not before you loot them) This is perhaps our last chance, we must rise.

What this country needs is another "Boston Massacre" another event in which the police fire on un-armed citizens, we need a "Vendetta".
But who will you fight? Your neighbor? Your family?

Which neighborhood will you destroy? Yours? Your boss's?

Which business will you destroy? Of your employer? Of your employer's customer, or supplier?

Which government office will you destroy? The firehouse that provides rescue services for your neighborhood? The one with the office of your political party?

Which policeman will you rise against? The one with the same opinions you have? Or will you pick out those who disagree with your politics?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by caladonea
I hear that the President is traveling to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to view the remains of the Americans killed in Afghanistan. I also heard no media coverage will be allowed.

I just wanted to repeat this.....anybody awake?
If I were those families I would consider Obama and his entourage in the same category as media. He would not be welcome to a private event.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Dbriefed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
My guess is Obama is trying to avoid being in a situation where he may be asked to respond to any questions. He's been pretty damn scarce lately anyway and the news the past few days is likely to result in unscripted questions asked directly to him if he made himself available. Further, we all saw how the market responded to his little soliloquy yesterday... maybe it is better to keep quiet and be presumed a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt in the White House these days?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think it's because of the Tea party. There can only be one, and John Boehner has lost control.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
omg there is so much drivel on this site anymore it's not even funny. hey genius, you wanna know what's up? the President is going to be in Dover paying his respects to the Fallen. no...sorry...no ELEnin announcement today, and no Disclosure either. find some other nothing to make something out of.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
omg there is so much drivel on this site anymore it's not even funny. hey genius, you wanna know what's up? the President is going to be in Dover paying his respects to the Fallen. no...sorry...no ELEnin announcement today, and no Disclosure either. find some other nothing to make something out of.

Ah...ya...I already said this...twice!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I don't see why obamas visit to the deceased seal team would be reason enough to stop ALL public events, no logic there.

He may cancel his own appointments but even then he would have had some prior notice of the deceased arrival and his staff would have sorted out the problem days ago.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ooooh Oooohh
I know I know what gonna happen!!!!

Absolutely nothing... same as every day.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
My guess is Obama is trying to avoid being in a situation where he may be asked to respond to any questions. He's been pretty damn scarce lately anyway and the news the past few days is likely to result in unscripted questions asked directly to him if he made himself available. Further, we all saw how the market responded to his little soliloquy yesterday... maybe it is better to keep quiet and be presumed a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt in the White House these days?

HA!!!! That'd be a change of pace for an american president!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
LOL that picture of Obama just says it all.....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

yea sorry i didn't even notice. i get so frustrated with this site sometimes. it's like can't. stand. the. drivel. you know, people just make crap up to post. if the damn treasury secretary picks his left nostril, some one will say it was a secret message to the Freemasons. if he picks his right nostril, then that surely is a message to the New Power Elite. if he picks his nose and then pulls a wedgie out of his ass, then that must mean that all the predictions about whatever the hell is susposed to happen in 2012 is for real. just. can't. stand. it. some. times.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Guess 197 - Confirmation of E.T. (I mean walking, talking, shooting ones, not bacteria)

Guess 200 - God will bring the apocalypse on Earth next week.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Anything to do with this?

other thread

Who knows....

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It doesn't need to be a dramatic reason for this, maybe he just doesn't feel too well today and better don't say nothing so it won't affect the market. Maybe he got diarrea, he got lotta crap to dump.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
By the look on his face...this looks like bad news.

Impending ELE...there may have been a debate whether to disclose the "truth" as to why everything is messed up, but perhaps on second thoughts, it may have well started a massive riot and looting, which may hinder their smooth get away for the bunkers.

Ever wondered why so many American soldiers are deployed overseas???.....

Just my guess.

Peace
edit on 9-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S wants the Syrian president to step down, most likely had an emergency meeting about that

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wasn't it just so Obama could attend the return of those soldiers killed in Afghanistan?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

there's been over 4K American deaths in the middle east since this war started, no offense to the Navy Seals but why does the media focus on them just because one of their helicopters got shot down? its WAR, how about the other soldiers, marines, seaman and air man that werent special forces but lost their lives? no attention for them?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If it is not for Obama paying respects to the our fallen soldiers .Then maybe it does have to do with the London riots.?? We should get some kind of answer for all the public events that have been cancelled today.

We deserve a right to KNOW WHY !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join