It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sorry to rattle your oppressed cage so much...

Maybe you should read ATS's T&C's regarding the use of bad language and attitude towards other members (myself) as you clearly can't be bothered to read anything else, especially regarding the shooting of Gangsta number #1 Mark Duggan.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
It isnt about social depravity or you would see all the different communities acting in the same way.

Ah, so communities with only white people have no violence or gangs! That explains Scotland and half of Eastern Europe

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

For instance, there has been nothing in the news about Thursdays shooting (although im in Wales and maybe the shooting only made it to the local Tottenham press) which would make headlines unless it is being swept under the carpet.
Similar to the Bristol riots two months ago, about a new supermarket opening which had minor coverage.

Why would this happen? ...maybe because the killing of a 28 year old man was not, and can not be justified by the police.

Exactly mate.... that's what I'm saying.
Isn't it odd that we still don't know how or why a man came to be shot in the face with a sub-machine gun by police?

I think people deserve an answer to that and not one single police spokesman has come forward to offer an explanation.

It's a very odd incident indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Also the media seem to be saying this guy was a gangster.... I'll wait and see what actually comes out about it.
Even if he did shoot and police and he did so out of aggression (which I don't believe) is shooting him in the face with a sub-machine gun acceptable?

They have offered no reason as to why Mark Duggan was shot??

This is WHY the protests occurred.

This man was shot on Thursday.... and NOBODY knows why?

There are reports that the guy was shot while laying on the floor....

The point is we don't know so just parroting that he was a violent gangster who was shooting at the police, just because the Nazi Mail says so, is ignorant and stupid.

People must have forgot about Jean Charles de Menezes. The police didn't cover their arses there, did they.

Not to say this guy who was shot was innocent. Maybe he wasn't, but I'd like to see the facts first.

From the text message he sent to his girlfriend he didn't sound like he was about to shoot at the police

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC

Originally posted by Surreptitious

Gangsta number #1 MARK DUGGAN was killed by SO19, a tactical firearm unit the Police use mainly for TERRORIST operations, such was the danger of Mark Duggan.

You cant say that someone was dangerous just because of the police unit that was used, look at Jean Charles de Menezes. By your argument he also must have been a very dangerous person.
edit on 7/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

I can say that and here is why.

The SO19 are only used in operations where the most DANGEROUS TERRORISTS or CRIMINALS are involved.

THE "TSG" or Tactical Support Group are used for 'normal' criminals.

Mark Duggan was a Gangsta, sorry if actual facts throw a spanner in your works.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

Sorry to rattle your oppressed cage so much...

Maybe you should read ATS's T&C's regarding the use of bad language and attitude towards other members (myself) as you clearly can't be bothered to read anything else, especially regarding the shooting of Gangsta number #1 Mark Duggan.

#Translation:

Maybe I should just stop trying to debate because clearly I have no argument and this guy is just showing me up to be the liar I am. There is no evidence this guy was a gangster but if I keep saying it then maybe that will sink in or at least annoy this guy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia

People must have forgot about Jean Charles de Menezes. The police didn't cover their arses there, did they.

Not to say this guy who was shot was innocent. Maybe he wasn't, but I'd like to see the facts first.

From the text message he sent to his girlfriend he didn't sound like he was about to shoot at the police

Exactly mate.... I find it odd that [people] come in saying this guy is DEFINITELY a gangster and deserved to be shot...

Hello???

We don't have the facts... the police lie and cover things up.

Lets wait for the facts.

Crazy isn't it?

edit on 7/8/11 by masqua because: Replaced uncivil descriptor of members with a particular mindset

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i saw this earlier, like hours ago.

you brits just have to one up on us, don't ya??

ya'll imploding?

i just find this weird, who is behind this?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
3) Had a white person been shot by Police, would we be now looking at mass rioting?

Yes. There's plenty of communities in the UK that would see the same reaction were the local community to believe a local had been murdered without justification by the Police.

Police stations are attacked up and down the country quite frequently, without much cause.

Plenty of riots last year in Greece when the police shot someone

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
It's yet to be confirmed, but a gun was found at the scene and a bullet was lodged in a cops radio.

I understand it's wrong to speculate, but it doesn't sound like a case for Sherlock Holmes...

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 7-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

No worries mate, im not going to criticise anyone for speculating, were all human, we all do it at some point or another however based on the facts present at the moment i do think it is wrong to label him as a criminal just yet.

Have a good day matey

edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by Revolution9

I have a feeling we are descending into civil war, and it will not be a war of clear sides, but everyone for themselves. Gangs vs other gangs, muslims vs the rest of us, neighbours vs neighbours. Society is barely functional, especially in the cities, with law and order (relatively) intact. When that barrier is broken, all hell will literally break loose. The UK is full of animals.

I'm sad to say that I have the same feeling, and as an experienced senior strategist that may be a very bad thing.

To me there is an almost tangible air of disgust, unrest and rebellion brewing in the UK. Though the people are supplied with plenty of bread, circus and carefully designed propaganda they are not ignorant of the real effects of the collusion between the government and bankers in terms of the recession and the austerity measures we, the people of the UK, are facing in order to fund the bailout of bankers who appear to be getting away with the biggest bank robbery in British history - somewhere around the 1,000 billion sterling mark.

The unwritten agreement of immunity granted by successive governments to their predecessors must end. To this effect; Tony Blair must stand trial in a European court of law (where there may be less opportunity to dictate the outcome). Bankers must be held to account and prosecuted accordingly. Britain must be governed in the interests of the people as opposed to the interests of the collusion between politicians and bankers. This is a start.

What are the chances of this happening without civil unrest in the UK? Consider this: David Cameron's (UK prime minister) list of guests at his official retreat (Chequers) included; Stephen Green (former Chairman of HSBC, now conveniently a Tory minister in the house of Lords), Terry Burns (Santander), John Varley (Barclays CEO), Brian Wilson (HSBC), Peter Sands (Standard Chartered) and many, many more money brokers.

Does anyone think that the UK can change this sick and disgraceful situation by peaceful protest alone? Since when was any real right of the people won over the government by peaceful means - here I can refer to both the UK and the US. Our forefathers fought fascist, despot regimes in the name of freedom only to have their offspring face a new, more sophisticated form of governmental despotism in their own home countries!

We need to cure the UK of this endemic, evil illness. Until we do Britain will just keep getting sicker and sicker.

Keep calm and carry on.

Zanoni

PS. Though this may be a little of the Tottenham topic, it was inspired by the pictures I've seen and the thought that there is more of this to come. The flashpoint for Tottenham was the killing of one man, the flashpoint for the rest of the UK is the social and moral death of a nation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yes, it is us lefties who are just kill joys, trying to ruin the fun of the racists with our Liberal/marxist/Islamic political correct agenda.

Thanks. I've been trying to remember that mans name since I saw him on Beeb 2 last year

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

3) Had a white person been shot by Police, would we be now looking at mass rioting?

Yes. There's plenty of communities in the UK that would see the same reaction were the local community to believe a local had been murdered without justification by the Police.

Police stations are attacked up and down the country quite frequently, without much cause.

Interestingly it was exactly the same "type" of gangs unvolved in Greece as well as here in Tottenham and for exactly the same reasons, they love and thrive on chaos.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Nothing fights injustice like looting a few electrical items hey?

Take that society and powers that be!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

To me there is an almost tangible air of disgust, unrest and rebellion brewing in the UK. Though the people are supplied with plenty of bread, circus and carefully designed propaganda they are not ignorant of the real effects of the collusion between the government and bankers in terms of the recession and the austerity measures we, the people of the UK, are facing in order to fund the bailout of bankers who appear to be getting away with the biggest bank robbery in British history - somewhere around the 1,000 billion sterling mark.

The unwritten agreement of immunity granted by successive governments to their predecessors must end. To this effect; Tony Blair must stand trial in a European court of law (where there may be less opportunity to dictate the outcome). Bankers must be held to account and prosecuted accordingly. Britain must be governed in the interests of the people as opposed to the interests of the collusion between politicians and bankers. This is a start.

London 2012. From now till then I can't see scenes like this being anything more than more frequent.

When the world is looking to London, people are going to abuse the spotlight they're given if you will and really let their voices and displeasure known.

Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on where you stand, but I'm sure we'll see much more trouble leading up to the Olympics.

I don't think it's a good thing. I can see terrorist attacks, by extremists or government, whichever you're inclined to belive.
edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i saw this earlier, like hours ago.

you brits just have to one up on us, don't ya??

ya'll imploding?

i just find this weird, who is behind this?

Mainly black and immigrant criminal gangs, who are infesting London and most major UK cities.

Just look what happens, they don't like 'one of their own' being treated to a taste of their own medicine.

I find it interesting that a few members on here find it impossible to condone the actions of these black thugs.

Why is that? (I already know why)

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Interestingly it was exactly the same "type" of gangs unvolved in Greece as well as here in Tottenham and for exactly the same reasons, they love and thrive on chaos.

Regards.

What "type" of gangs would these be?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What "type" of gangs would these be?

You already know what "type" of gangs I am discussing.

Don't you...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
It isnt about social depravity or you would see all the different communities acting in the same way.

Ah, so communities with only white people have no violence or gangs! That explains Scotland and half of Eastern Europe

I was talking about all the different communities in London not the world...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If you carry a gun in the streets then you aren't exactly mr nice guy are you?

From all accounts the guy shot a police oficer and he was only saved because it struck his radio. The news stated that the man who was killed was on his way to avenge his cousin's death.

No sympathy for him or the rioters.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join