It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

this did happen to me, a freind was stabbed and killed by approx 20 blacks in croyden for no reason at all, gangs shouldnt have guns if they do then they are just cannon fodder as far as im concered.
i would love to see justice done and have every single one of these bangers hunted down.
If he was a banger and shot at the police then tough

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Repost:

I'm not sure what videos everyone else watched but given the ethnic make up of the area you're being deceptive to suggest the turn out was slanted in race.

Of course most people are going to be non-white when most the area is non-white, that's a given. However, there were plenty of white and jewish people present.

You can tell from the thread which people are familiar with Tottenham and which people aren't. A hugely multi-ethnic area with a huge amount of non-whites and therefore that's reflected in the turnout.

When the Irish fight the police do black people come out and say "Herp derp derp, no surprise that it's all white people fighting the police, where are the Africans?" No, because that would be stupid, as obviously it's just a reflection of area demographics. But I suppose logic and reason aren't a good fit with racism.

edit on 7-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

Thats what I thought at first but after seeing some of peoples posts recently the more I assume it was also aimed at a specific race.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
theres more of us than them.....the masses will rise up and fight against what they dissagree with!!
if everyone in london alone stood up against the government and the police then they would have alot of trouble on their hands. that was ony 1 street in tottenham and they had their work cut out for them.
listen to what devlin says at 2min in his end of days track (well worth listening to
)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismartin38

I completely agree that the gang culture needs addressing. But its a symptom of a far larger problem, one that these people are ultimately victims of. Racism is rampant in Britain, regardless of how many people are in denial, and it reaches right up to the top of society. It is the politicians, the police, the elite, who are the real problem.

They come here with the promise of a better life, which IMO they are completely entitled to do because British wealth is generated at the expense of their homelands. Yet when they get here they are met with hostility and ignorance, they are treated badly by natives and the system. People are always moaning cos they claim benefits and run around with knives and guns, yet when they try break out of the cycle, they are constantly knocked back. They are forced to live they way they do to survive.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah I reported it too....

I think ATS has turned into a haven for racists and bigots.... It's been steadily growing for a few years.

*sigh*

It's all these EDL and racist types who think there's some left wing conspiracy so come to conspiracy sites like this and ruin it with their bigotry and hatred.

It's funny but it's sad. These people only see race when someone from a race other than there own does something. When some white person or collective group of white people do something race doesn't even register. When protests of largely white people turn violent these racists don't see it as white people running amok, no they make distinctions for their own race - Commies, hippies, anarchists - But certainly not "white people".

Furthermore half these people are kidding themselves. I saw plenty of white kids.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Just watching sky news loads of people running from the police including quite a few orthodox jews
in their full black traditional suits. I am surprised such religious men would get caught up in this awful violence. Edit to add they just showed the clip again and there was about thirty of them running as fast as they could away from the police then regrouping some talking on phones.
edit on 7-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

shhhhhh, you didn't see Jews and community elders. You only saw Muslims and Africans, look closely

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Tottenham and other areas like that (built up tower blocks) are a bomb waiting to go off at the smallest thing

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Yes, it is us lefties who are just kill joys, trying to ruin the fun of the racists with our Liberal/marxist/Islamic political correct agenda.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

The question here is : Did Duggan actually fire his gun?

If he did then the Police were entitled to shoot back!! if he didn't fire his gun then i'd say the Police were wrong to shoot to kill!! Shoot to injure maybe if Duggan was waving his gun about...

Someone posted on the first page that a bullet was found lodged in the Police Car so looks like Duggan did fire his gun unless that was put there afterwoods!!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by Revolution9

I have a feeling we are descending into civil war, and it will not be a war of clear sides, but everyone for themselves. Gangs vs other gangs, muslims vs the rest of us, neighbours vs neighbours. Society is barely functional, especially in the cities, with law and order (relatively) intact. When that barrier is broken, all hell will literally break loose. The UK is full of animals.

All of that from this little riot? wow.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Anyone know the demographic of these rioters?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Why does everyone seem to be condoning this? A criminal was shooting at the police, the police shot him. How are the police the bad guys in this?

I honestly do not know why there is this hatred of the police, I can't speak for any other country other than the UK but I have never had a problem with them, any times I have been questioned (twice for fitting a discription and once for looking suspicious for hanging around the doors of my block of flats). I always was co operative because at least they are doing their job. I would rather have police question someone looking suspicious than turn a blind eye and risk it.

Well not everyone condoning it, but a lot of people seem ok, I was a bit hastey to jump to that conclusion of people condoning the acts
edit on 7-8-2011 by almeister 5000 because: On reflection, too hasty to make assumptions

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

We can all expect more of this stuff in the UK. at the moment, with with all this phone hacking stuff, faith in the British copper is at an all time low...every day there are more stories coming out about corrupt officers guilty of one thing or another from sex crimes to violence towards members of the public. It's always been there, but now its highlighted and exposed more, esp with mobile phones and Youtube around.
I remember a famous poster from the 70's 'Help your local police - beat yourself up'
You have to laugh. Don't you?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Do you support the police shooting people as well?

demographics

2001 Census Demographics
Total 2001 Population: 109473
Male: 48.1%
Female: 51.9%
Under 18: 25.8%
Over 60: 12.9%
Born outside UK: 43.4%
White: 55.1%
Black: 28.6%
Asian: 7.6%
Mixed: 4.9%
Other: 3.7%
Christian: 50.9%
Hindu: 2.2%
Jewish: 1.6%
Muslim: 15.2%
Full time students: 9.9%
Graduates 16-74: 27.6%
No Qualifications 16-74: 30.2%
Owner-Occupied: 39.8%
Social Housing: 38.6% (Council: 25.5%, Housing Ass.: 13.1%)
Privately Rented: 17.4%
Homes without central heating and/or private bathroom: 9.8%

edit on 7-8-2011 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by almeister 5000
Why does everyone seem to be condoning this? A criminal was shooting at the police, the police shot him. How are the police the bad guys in this?

I honestly do not know why there is this hatred of the police, I can't speak for any other country other than the UK but I have never had a problem with them, any times I have been questioned (twice for fitting a discription and once for looking suspicious for hanging around the doors of my block of flats). I always was co operative because at least they are doing their job. I would rather have police question someone looking suspicious than turn a blind eye and risk it.

Well not everyone condoning it, but a lot of people seem ok, I was a bit hastey to jump to that conclusion of people condoning the acts
edit on 7-8-2011 by almeister 5000 because: On reflection, too hasty to make assumptions

This is the working class viewpoint. Unfortunately most poor people have had their families abused, quite often physically, by corrupt police officers and bullies. So trust and faith in the Police just isn't there.

One of the main problems is that rather than changing their ways, the police try to "build public relations" within a community. What that means is that they're not making an effort to change their ways, but rather are looking to brainwash and convince people that what they do is acceptable and should be tolerated.

Listen to the Police on TV when they speak and they say this. It's a very sinister way of words, they don't accept any responsibility. They don't want to change and help build the local community, they want to reprogram the local community and convince them that the Police are right.

Of course the rioting and burning of local shops especially was abhorrent. But until the police listen and work with the community, rather than trying to manage the community, these issues will remain.

You've been stopped twice in your life? I used to get pulled over twice a night, and some, when I was a more social animal. I've been pulled over hundreds of times, bullied and physically assaulted by the police on many occasions.

It's far worse in the poorer areas of London. Police in London are literally insane. Police up North in comparison are well-meaning hippies
I can't believe how bad the London Police are, it's like something out of Orwell

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
It's all these EDL and racist types who think there's some left wing conspiracy so come to conspiracy sites like this and ruin it with their bigotry and hatred.

I know mate, a few years ago I could have counted the racists on ATS on one hand.....and now because of the amount of hatred that has been allowed to fester here, I think there are actually more racists on here than "non-racists"

It's just disgusting.

And yes, it is the EDL/BNP/Far-right mentality that has caused it....

It's funny but it's sad. These people only see race when someone from a race other than there own does something. When some white person or collective group of white people do something race doesn't even register. When protests of largely white people turn violent these racists don't see it as white people running amok, no they make distinctions for their own race - Commies, hippies, anarchists - But certainly not "white people".

I know, that's how racists work.... It's only racist if it's another race doing it.
And these racist morons think we don't see what they;'re doing?

Furthermore half these people are kidding themselves. I saw plenty of white kids.

I would say the number one group the majority of people belonged to was YOUTH.
It seemed there were almost entirely young guys aged 14-25..... some older and in the 30's but most were young guys.

Young white guys, black guys, asian guys and jewish guys.

edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This may well be the tip of the iceberg.

Historicaly situations like this lend themselves to copycat riots breaking out accross the UK.

The Broadwater Farm Riots of Tottenham, North London on 6 October 1985

The events of the day were dominated by two deaths. The first was that of Cynthia Jarrett, an African-Caribbean woman who died the previous day during a police search of her home. It was one of the main triggers of the riot in a context where tension between local black youth and the largely white Metropolitan Police was already high due to a combination of local issues and the aftermath of another riot which had occurred in the Brixton area of London the previous week following the shooting of another black woman during another police search. The second death was that of PC Keith Blakelock, the first police officer since 1833 to be killed in a riot in Britain.[1]

The Handsworth Race Riots

The three Handsworth Riots occurred in the Handsworth suburb of Birmingham, England, during the summers of 1981, 1985 and 1991. The riots were allegedly caused by heavy-handed policing and drug-related problems in the suburb, fueled by a nationwide wave of uprisings in the wake of the 1981 Brixton riot

Plus many more accross the country.

Post riot, much was done to improve the community relations between the Police and the community and many of these areas changed very much for the better.

Another significant fact was that during previous riots the UK economy and unemployment was very low leading to social deprivation and very poor living conditions for many. Not to mention very poor prospects and an increasing rise in drug related crimes.

Sounds like it may be happening all over again.

Lets just hope this time that the UK doesn't experience nationwide copycat rioting this time.

Wpedia
Wpedia

edit on 7-8-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Gangsta number #1 MARK DUGGAN is shot by armed Police because he was carrying a gun (completely illegal) and shot a Police officer.

Then the rest of the criminal Gangs (99% blacks) use his death as an excuse for causing a riot and destroying everything in sight.

Unsupprisingly none of the local community leaders who were interviewed this morning, even mentioned the fact that scumbag Mark Duggan was a prolific gang menber and shot at Police, which lead to his death.

The only language these inherently voilent black gangs understand is violence, so if I were in charge I would put troops on the ground in Tottenham, impose a curfew and fight fire with fire.

They want a fight, then "bring it on".

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Some gang scumbag gets shot by the police for shooting at them, tough crap!

Shouldnt have had a gun in the first place. These so called wee hard men pumped up on drugs and violent music are a scourge on our society.

Life is just as crap for me but I do not go around with guns, committing crime.

Then they set fire to property, loot shops.

Looters should be shot too. Maybe if they want to be "soljurs" they should face real soldiers who should reclaim our streets from these worthless animals!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join