It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So I am sat at work and I see breaking news about riots breaking out in Tottenham as a result of police shooting and killing somebody in the area a few days ago.

The rioters are said to have set fire to two police cars and as I have access to all London traffic CCTV cameras I though I would take a look and sure enough I have a live feed of the riots, and there is indeed burning police cars and growing crowds of angry folk, it is getting pretty lively I must say!!

I am unsure right now if the rioters are doing this because they feel the police shooting was unjust or whatever but I will look more into this as the riot progresses!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
film the live feed and post it or something.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Maybe there are some people from Vancouver visiting?

There's not even any soccer games on right now !

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Any chance of either a link to a feed or if not, some stills?

How is it you have access?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have since found this: www.bbc.co.uk...

It says that Riot police have been sent but they are nowhere to be seen on the footage I am watching at this time, seems to me like all the police are hiding for the moment!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not quite a riot from reading this (I remember Brixton - and believe you me Belfast and Derry had a few)

but here is a link for you -

BBC News

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Maybe there are some people from Vancouver visiting?

There's not even any soccer games on right now !

They don't need any pointers from us, i'm sure. What happened here in Vancouver was a joke that got out of hand.
Started with some people saying, when the canucks lose I will get drunk and get myself a new PS3 which escalated into a riot, again. We're not that bad.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

How is it you have access?

It's on the breaking news feed live on Sky News as we speak. If possible, check it out. They were discussing it a few moments ago and I'm sure they'll bring it up once again.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am glad this is happening, because the police in this country need to be put back in their place. The government has given them way too much power, and it has gone to the heads of the police. Justice has clearly failed, so this is the alternative.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My CCTV system is independant of the 'Internet' PC I am writing this on so wouldnt even know where to start, let alone the fact I would likely lose my job if I did haha.

I work for the Department for Transport by the way.

Since my last post lots of Riot police have shown up and are kicking some ass with batons and shields, it sure is making for an entertaining watch I wish I could share :'(

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I used to work for the DfT, Boring admin job tho.

Is it still happening or have they moving along now?
edit on 6-8-2011 by Glz00 because: Confused by ATS Timezone

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

When Cameron and his shabby coalition came to power and declared war on the poor I wrote to the BBC on a commentary predicting riots. There will yet be more.

I am not really one for destruction of property and certainly not against people or police, but it is just a symptom of the bs created by the authorities. They have been so so corrupt and greedy, totally uncaring and are letting our countries disintegrate.

I am afraid when they lose the plot like this we have a duty to let them know one way or another, otherwise their disgusting abuses of power will only get more severe and dangerous. Speak out, shout out, it is your moral duty!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I have a feeling we are descending into civil war, and it will not be a war of clear sides, but everyone for themselves. Gangs vs other gangs, muslims vs the rest of us, neighbours vs neighbours. Society is barely functional, especially in the cities, with law and order (relatively) intact. When that barrier is broken, all hell will literally break loose. The UK is full of animals.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Okay well my shift has just about come to an end, so no more fun and games for me (except a bit of XBOX when I get home)

Currently the rioters have not dispersed and are standing their ground pretty well against the riot police, good on em!

I agree with the comments about how we should speak out against the corrupt police forces that are supposed to protect us and just abuse their powers.

Sorry I couldn't get some footage sorted, if my manager wasn't at the desk beside me today I could have

Peace

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
120 people protesting the death of some lowlife who starting shooting at the police. 2 panda cars were set on fire.

a small embarresing riot at best.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

At least they are doing something about it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Take it to the Queen's place where it belongs...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

about what?
do you support criminals shooting the police?

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
reply to post by Revolution9

I have a feeling we are descending into civil war, and it will not be a war of clear sides, but everyone for themselves. Gangs vs other gangs, muslims vs the rest of us, neighbours vs neighbours. Society is barely functional, especially in the cities, with law and order (relatively) intact. When that barrier is broken, all hell will literally break loose. The UK is full of animals.

I wish I could say you are wrong, but you are only too correct. The UK is indeed a brutish, nasty place full of animals.

It is, however, lack of care, poverty, oppression and a moral vacuum that has created this modern UK zoo.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

about what?
do you support criminals shooting the police?

If the police themselves are the criminals then justice finds a way regardless. Who is to say these people are criminals?
The confusion of the times I suppose. Can't say the police are really here to help us anymore after what i've seen.
There is always that one good cop but most of them are unaware they are the State's personal security rather then defenders of the civilian population.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join