It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well those saying that this wasn't a riot... I think we can safely say that it is now.
Soooo much damage, looting, violence and arson.

Absolutely crazy.

Been watching the footage and it's insane.

It's certainly not the biggest or worst but it is the most violence and damage we've had in quite a while here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I just reported that comment to the mods, Amazing that it gets 2 stars, just goes to show how deep the racism is around here.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah I reported it too....

I think ATS has turned into a haven for racists and bigots.... It's been steadily growing for a few years.

*sigh*

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Mod Edit - Quote of Extreme T&C Violation Removed

I agree, if they would keep attacking the police only i would be able to justify their actions. Yet now they are spreading the violence towards innocent people/business' that did nothing wrong but have their shop in that spot.

IF you want to spread a message with riots the last thing you wanna do is attack your potential supporters. Imo now theyre just looting and rampaging for the fun of it and it's despicable.
edit on 7/8/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
"Rioting is the language of the unheard" Martin Luther King Jn

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
is it just me who didnt see anything racist in that comment?

Do you known what.... there is SO MUCH racism on ATS that it's almost safe to assume that it was a racist comment....but then who knows right?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

i get your point i already made my reply when i read your responses and it made me read it again.

Can be picked up both ways.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i watched the unfolding events on ppg1 in the early hours, sorry i forget their are a few sheeple on here that would be bbc1 to you and not Probably Proper Ganda 1, anyway it seemed to be going on as a normal small disturbance and actually believable for a change, the crowd seemed to be throwing lots of bricks and other projectiles and any passing police vehicles and within 10 minutes of being shown this guess what, thats right the ppg1 camera started to point behind where this was going on and theirs a police car parked up with no policemen inside and the crowd start to smash it up what a set up for the veiwers, really ppg1 who do you and your government puppets think your trying to kid.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A scumbag gets shot by the police and people arent happy about it, apparently he shot at a policeman in the chest but the coppers radio saved him, why was this scumbag carrying a gun in the first place...sounds like a gangmember to me, they all ways come out saying" he was sucha goodboy, nota troublemaker"...
yeah right, one less scum in this world and now all the other scum are rioting just for the sake of it,,,the police should tell it as it is " i am the police, you will do as i say "

make no mistake, this was a gang member and most of the youths rioting are also gang members
edit on 7-8-2011 by chrismartin38 because: spelling mistakes etc...gotta stonker of a vodka hangover

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
These are just lazy doll scrounging parasites protesting against the death of some scumbag.
In the UK police dont shoot people for no reason.

On the news this morning many residential properties and businesses have either been burnt down or looted on an unpresidented scale. These parasites dont know anything about community, they are destroying their own neighbours livelihoods. In a few years time they will probably moan because there are no jobs or opportunities in their area.

Rant over

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

i get your point i already made my reply when i read your responses and it made me read it again.

Can be picked up both ways.

I know, It can be.

If I hadn't seen the levels of Racism on ATS, then I would perhaps see it in a different light.

Not sure if you've seen the youtube footage and the comments on there?
Talking about the N-Word who got murdered and all the other N-words coming out like animals and so on?

I guess that has an effect too.

I dunno man....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

No i didn't see any footage yet i simply responded to the replies here without any visuals so i wouldn't know how the crowd "looks" (let's keep it PC)

If it's mainly minorities then the reasons behind that kind of wording are clear indeed.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

If it's mainly minorities then the reasons behind that kind of wording are clear indeed.

Well only the person who wrote the comments knows how they intended it.
As for the youtube comments, you don't want to read them....:shk:

People aren't so blatant on ATS, (Unlike youtube) the racists are always subtle and ATS seems to allow much of the racism here anyway.
edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
"Rioting is the language of the unheard" Martin Luther King Jn

Well if Martin Luther King Jn said it, then it must be ok.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just watching sky news loads of people running from the police including quite a few orthodox jews
in their full black traditional suits. I am surprised such religious men would get caught up in this awful violence. Edit to add they just showed the clip again and there was about thirty of them running as fast as they could away from the police then regrouping some talking on phones.
edit on 7-8-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yeah its Tottenham, Jews, Blacks, Whites who think they are Black and stupid whites...all part of the riots
99.9% the violence/killings over here is black on black, the community knows it and so does everyone else, majority of these rioters are black, its just fact im afraid.

Pictures....ninth picture down outside barcleys bank, whats he hiding ...pictures here
edit on 7-8-2011 by chrismartin38 because: pictures from daily mail

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If this happened to someone you knew personally and loved, im pretty sure you would want to do the same thing to the cops, regardless. But the fact is there is a LOT more to this story than is being told. If you understood the culture and the situation down there, you would know why its such a big deal. They not only carry guns to protect from other gangs, but from the police themselves, who are the legal gang.

Who knows who fired first, but the truth as it happened is something rarely reported by the media where the police are concerned. I am expecting a twist in this story in the coming weeks, as there often has been in cases regarding police brutality.

And the way the white british treat these people, its no wonder they behave and live the way they do.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Oatyhorse

Who are you? What gives you the right say Rev9 is a guest here when they were born here? It's m*r*ns like you
that are at the root of this country's problems...Let me guess...were you sat there last night cheering the rioters on? Whilst they burned uor public transport, caused more suffering to our small business that are under a huge amount of strain already, and burnt down ther homes of innocent victims??
Poeple like you make my ENGLISH blood boil

edit on 7-8-2011 by MissConstrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MissConstrood

He was probably cheering the police on, hoping they would spill some "immigrant" blood.

Those rioters were probably as british as the rest of us.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join