It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I'm waiting for the first report of this happening outside the capital too man, if that is confirmed then damn.... this is gonna get crazy.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
Why don't they attack the houses of parliament rather than, doing this. And now it is kicking off in Hackney, live on the news now.

Does anyone think this is going to spread all over the UK or just remain in the Capital?
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

You should check out Mark Thomas Seriously Organised Criminal video - hilarious. The govt (Blunkett) introduced a law that you have to have permission to protest within x distance of the Houses of Parliament. He did it so they could get rid of Brian Haw the anti-war protester who was camped outside the HoP. Irony is that even tho the law was passed, Haw's QC proved it wasn't applicable to Brian Haw because his protest started before the law! Mark Thomas has a lot of fun a the law's expense on this one...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Yep, this whole media promoted line of paraded politicians saying, 'There's no excuse for this' makes me sick. There may not be an excuse, but there is a reason; injustice carried out on a nation by YOU the UK govts...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

I hear you there... we come in peace, they bring the water cannons and tear gas. Time to put the 'kettle' on thinks plod!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Disturbances in Birmingham now, live on sky news.

Incidents in London are being blamed on a police officer, using stop and search powers, on an individual who was doing nothing, the individual said he did not want to be searched, others stepped in to stop the officer, a police van came on the scene, police officers got out to arrest the individual, then the crow who was protecting the individual started pelting the police. Nothing like provoking the situation.
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This may seem a very "simplistic" comment BUT

Watching the live coverage there are huge numbers of under 16 's involved. I have seen some kids I reckon to be about 10 years old.

We are 3 week into the summer school holidays. Where i live we always see a peak in vandalism, gang gatherings and car thefts.

The poor darlings are bored (sarcasm)

These rioters arent targeting powers that be, banks or authority.
They have simply escalated things BUT are still targeting their OWN communities.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
WARNING!

I have been told that the Croydon mob is headed to Purley Way IKEA. I can't say this is for sure going to be their route, but I trust my man on the ground. Anyone in the area, take care.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Have heard now several incidents in Liverpool also, as well as Birmingham, a unmanned police station on fire, and also all over London.

100 Arrests made in Birmingham.

Also reports of someone being shot, and another individual injured.

They are reporting the riots are spreading North

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
But don't worry folks it is just a relatively minor portion of black youths and Islamists , sprinkled with a few Anglo rent a thugs who are not controlled by an Anti western agenda.
It is totally random folks.
Move on , move on , no sleeper cells to blame , no siree, its all just hormonal youths.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm replying to all threads about this so the truth gets out.
This is mainly young people around 13-25 or possibly a bit older using the
death of the guy killed who is well known throughout his area, like in world
war 2. The main reason is because the governments cuts have reached
a certain point and now poor community's are suffering. Due to cuts
like the EMA and increase in pensioners money which is ridiculous.
So that is what actually ignite the whole thing, enough is enough for them.

Its not just black people or any other ethnic minority but every young
person who has any confidence will grab anything they can even though they
will be deported sooner or later. They haven't come to my street which is lucky
since we have lots of parked cars here . Turkish people have armed themselves
in Haringey area so if that place is to get attacked there is going to be a massacre.

All I can say is those who are not in the now called "Riot" are those who can afford
a home for themselves and live in luxury compared to immigrants who cannot find
a job unlike what they say that they do not want jobs, bull unemployment has
increased by far, this is putting pressure on young people and cuts is causing
frustration and anger in the younger population. The police can just arrest a few
and young won't listen to them, things are not gonna be under control untill I guess
martial law is declared.

Sincerely: A voice from London

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

harping on about it being the cut of ema is bull. where i live was where they trialed the EMA scheme in 2002. was in my second year of Alevels, as i already ahd a part time job the EMA money to me, and most of my friends was just a bit of extra cash we used to buy booze/tobacco etc. its just mindless thuggery from people who cba to get a job, or who know they wont get a job when tehyre older because they are bone idol. blame it on all you like but the EMA arguement is rubbish sprouted by ken livingston in a bid to win voters for the next london mayoral ellections. he's a #### too!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

The only cuts this is about is the police cuts.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by foobies

I never had EMA when I was a school. I come from a background that would have qualified for it if it were around back then, but the lack of it made no odds. Guess how I got to school? I walked there. Guess how I got books and stuff? The library. I got free meals at school. There was even stationery provided at the school. The EMA reason is a complete joke, because its not an essential, and should not really have existed in the first place. Kids these days...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

indeed. also watching news24 atm, people "rioting" in west bromwich are all 18+, which if i remember correctly means they wouldnt qualify for EMA anyway, oh and add to that the fact that you have to actually do your GCSE's and get onto an ALevel (or similar) course, which i seriously doubt any of these "Rioters" could accomplish looking at some of their stupidity on twitter.

(for "Riot" or "Rioters" read Thugs, yobs, ####'s etc.)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by foobies

Comes to show that thugs will be thugs, I know the EMA is just an excuse. They
buy drugs from other teens who get them from gangs and mafia's, this is the
reason why they act so stupid, if the american police force switched an took
place in London, there would be a massacre but in the end the police force will win
and loads of teens would be shut up in their homes. Too much mercy for their types here.

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join