It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surreptitious
Gangsta number #1 MARK DUGGAN is shot by armed Police because he was carrying a gun (completely illegal) and shot a Police officer.

Well I wouldn't say he was gangster No. 1..... and he shot "at" an officer and didn't shoot an officer.

Not defending the guy but at least get your facts right.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Well sorry to burst your appeasing bubble but my facts are 100% correct.

Prove me wrong, please supply links etc to back up your claims I'm wrong.

.....waiting......

edit on 7-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jinni73

That is the demography of the borough, not, I suspect based on the photographs, the demography of the rioters. I also believe the stats of 11 years ago to be inaccurate considering the speed of social change in the UK in the past decade.

link   

Originally posted by almeister 5000
Why does everyone seem to be condoning this? A criminal was shooting at the police, the police shot him. How are the police the bad guys in this?

I honestly do not know why there is this hatred of the police, I can't speak for any other country other than the UK but I have never had a problem with them, any times I have been questioned (twice for fitting a discription and once for looking suspicious for hanging around the doors of my block of flats). I always was co operative because at least they are doing their job. I would rather have police question someone looking suspicious than turn a blind eye and risk it.

Well not everyone condoning it, but a lot of people seem ok, I was a bit hastey to jump to that conclusion of people condoning the acts
edit on 7-8-2011 by almeister 5000 because: On reflection, too hasty to make assumptions

Hi Matey,

I have to admit im still catching up on this and therefore not yet in possession of all the facts however i was curious.

How do you know he shot at the police? As far as i was aware they were still carrying out ballistic tests.

As we don't yet know if he fired or not, why have you already labelled him as a criminal?

Cheers matey

link   
reply to post by Surreptitious

Well there are conflicting reports about the shooting, some say that the bullet Duggan fired hit the police car, the ploice radio or his bullet proof vest..... so unclear on that.

As for Gangster Number one?

He'd never been to jail? I'm pretty sure there are bigger and badder gangsters in the UK than this guy?

Apart from it being sad when ANYONE dies, I have no interest in the guy, don't know him.... but to say he is gangster number one and all that is just nonsense.

Daily mail reporting...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I live in Hackney which isnt very far from Tottenham..for those of you that don't know Hackney and Tottenham have a history of violence towards one another that to use a metaphore of Bloods Vs Crips would paint a relativly accurate picture. In saying this i personally never took part in the gang culture between to two mind sets. Only recently was a young girl shot and killed in Hackney by two men who drove by on Motor vehicles and sprayed up a fast food joint.. they were from Tottenham. To say that the gangs are very much race related is an understatment. For many years black people mainly youths accounted for probably over 90% of gang violence. Today we see the rise of the Turkish community also who are mainly behind the drug culture in London now. These riots were a direct result of an injustice against a black man and the black community rose up against that violence. I dont condone it in the slightest but i am aware of the fact that every action has an equal and opposite reaction and thus cause and effect has played its part here. From my own opinion i think the black culture is a very ruthless one. That isnt to say that all black people are violent and gang orientated. I have very humble black friends. However what i would say is that in london when you see something kicking off it mainly involves black youths. Why this happens is unknown. It isnt about social depravity or you would see all the different communities acting in the same way. We are all effected by the economy and we all are given the same opportunities to succeed. Perhaps it is a cultural thing dating back to when blacks were exculded from white culture and found safety in numbers. From that point on they realised that in groups they stood a better chance of gaining the upper foot. What happened in Tottenham was a very misfortunate event because those who had no part to play in the matter were effected. This means that all that pent up anger and agression was misdirected. An intelligent person would have taken the issue to source and not just lashed out like a wild animal. That being said i think this will eventually blow over but it is a warning to all that matters in the UK are becoming sensetive and it only takes a small spark here in London to set the fire alight. I sincerely hope we all learn from this..but i wont hold my breath!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanPLC
As we don't yet know if he fired or not, why have you already labelled him as a criminal?

Carrying a gun is a crime in the UK.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Here's some videos from RT that Ive found.

During the riot -

A lot of damage.

And the aftermath this morning

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Also the media seem to be saying this guy was a gangster.... I'll wait and see what actually comes out about it.
Even if he did shoot and police and he did so out of aggression (which I don't believe) is shooting him in the face with a sub-machine gun acceptable?

They have offered no reason as to why Mark Duggan was shot??

This is WHY the protests occurred.

This man was shot on Thursday.... and NOBODY knows why?

There are reports that the guy was shot while laying on the floor....

The point is we don't know so just parroting that he was a violent gangster who was shooting at the police, just because the Nazi Mail says so, is ignorant and stupid.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Was he carrying a gun? Im not being awkward i just cant find anything to confirm this.

If you could provide a link mate i will be happy to take a look.

Cheers mucka

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by Surreptitious

Well there are conflicting reports about the shooting, some say that the bullet Duggan fired hit the police car, the ploice radio or his bullet proof vest..... so unclear on that.

As for Gangster Number one?

He'd never been to jail? I'm pretty sure there are bigger and badder gangsters in the UK than this guy?

Apart from it being sad when ANYONE dies, I have no interest in the guy, don't know him.... but to say he is gangster number one and all that is just nonsense.

Daily mail reporting...

I presume your task in like (looking at the +8K posts you have made) is just to highlight your complete ignorance of the situation and to try and rile enlightened people like myself, who sadly for you only deal in FACTS.

Gangsta number #1 MARK DUGGAN was killed by SO19, a tactical firearm unit the Police use mainly for TERRORIST operations, such was the danger of Mark Duggan.

Duggan was travelling in a taxi when the SO19 moved in, Duggan SHOT at Police and had it not been for Duggan's bullet from his gun hitting the officer's RADIO the officer would have been killed also.

Quite amazingly, your comment and I quote "As for Gangster Number one? He'd never been to jail?" does this mean in your opinion that to be a "real" Gangsta, you have had to do jail time......

Perhaps you should go see some facts about this whole incident, before you make yourself look even more uncredible than you already do.

Regards.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: Spelling (as usual)

edit on 7-8-2011 by Surreptitious because: Spelling mistake.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
About time something like this happend.

Mate of mine last night was out in the city clubbing. At the end of the ngiht when he's about to head home he needs to pee - lines up outside some public toilets (there's a que...) which just happens to be right nextdoor to a police station. He's wearing a jacket which is black, and has gold cannibus leaf decorations on it.

Two pigs walk up to him - ask if they can have a chat to him - at the same time they ask one of the officers points towards the toilets.

He's had a bit to drink - the first thing that comes into his head is hell no i aint goin into no bathroom with you. He says to the pigs "No thanks" - and turns to walk away to leave.

One of the officers tackle him. As in he took a leap/dive like he was playing football - brings my mate to the ground. They haul him off into the police station nextdoor. They are shouting abuse at him - calling him a "Junkie Druggo" - And he's shouting back demanding to know why they're abusing him and detaining him. (He was not orderd to do anything - they asked him something - he declined)

Incide the police station, the 2nd officer (the one that did not dive at him) grabs him by the hair and slamms his head into a brick wall 4-6 times.

He's searched - Ordered to piss into a cup. They find nothing with either. He's released. His face does not look pretty right now.

Its more than time we stood up to these thuggs and paid them back come of the "Kindness and Protection" which they've been showing us all these years.

No, i cant get him to contact the crime and misconduct comission. He's convinced they've removed all the video footage and complaining will result in more retaliation from the two officers that allready beat him up.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Indeed, punishable with up to 10 years in jail.

Regards.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Was he carrying a gun? Im not being awkward i just cant find anything to confirm this.

If you could provide a link mate i will be happy to take a look.

Cheers mucka

It's yet to be confirmed, but a gun was found at the scene and a bullet was lodged in a cops radio.

I understand it's wrong to speculate, but it doesn't sound like a case for Sherlock Holmes...

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 7-8-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yeah your probably right id imagine the core of these are his mates hey especially as it was the police setting him up its not surprising they said he fired his gun

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Three things spring to mind for me

1) Had I been stopped by police whilst travelling in a taxi and I waved a gun around, never mind even shooting it, I would expect to be shot myself, no questions asked. I would also go as far as to say I would deserve it.

The posession of a firearm in the UK is a serious crime, period.

2) Had the units who stopped the taxi not been armed officers, we may well have been looking at an entirely different outcome. Ie a shot or dead unarmed police officer.

3) Had a white person been shot by Police, would we be now looking at mass rioting?

However untill we know all the facts this is all speculation and indeed the entire riot appears to be based on speculation and fitting the incident toward a violent agenda.
edit on 7-8-2011 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surreptitious

Gangsta number #1 MARK DUGGAN was killed by SO19, a tactical firearm unit the Police use mainly for TERRORIST operations, such was the danger of Mark Duggan.

You cant say that someone was dangerous just because of the police unit that was used, look at Jean Charles de Menezes. By your argument he also must have been a very dangerous person.
edit on 7/8/11 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Quote now attributed to right person

edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi Everyone.

There are a few issues that could be inter linked to this story.

For instance, there has been nothing in the news about Thursdays shooting (although im in Wales and maybe the shooting only made it to the local Tottenham press) which would make headlines unless it is being swept under the carpet.
Similar to the Bristol riots two months ago, about a new supermarket opening which had minor coverage.

Why would this happen? ...maybe because the killing of a 28 year old man was not, and can not be justified by the police.
I dont want to come to any conclushion untill I know the facts, but what I will say is that there will be more riots like this due to tensions being put on us. The people.

We are taking it from all fronts. Jobs, Econamy. You get paid, it goes straight on bills and leaves you scratching around untill your next pay day. We live to work these days due to the consumer nation we have become, but now as sparks ignite the volatile words and current mind sets, we react in the most simplest animal instinct.

Then people who observe from the sidelines look for their scapegoats, and blame gang culture/left/right/nwo whatever is their current pet hate.

What I can say is that this is our current state of reality, volatile and ready to pop. It just takes a match. The people are not very happy and need a punch bag.

To point out to all readers, people of all races and ages took part in this. And for the big wigs being interviwed on T.V. to say they are not local is the usual plot. Why would a 10 year old kid get out of bed, travel through London to throw stoned at police cars!? Which is what a local community leader said! You can see in the BBC/Sky News broadcasts, teenagers labbled as 'gang members' bricking a car, then a middle aged white man casually walks past, picks up a cone and throws it at the rear window of a police car. GANG CULTURE... INDEED.

Even now, normal people are taking pictures of their friends possing by burnt out cars/buses/shops thinking its some sort of victory ( -or to post in facebook to look cool).

Look at the bigger picture everyone.

eee.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join