It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I don't think it's far fetched at all. I spoke to some London policemen during a protest and they fully supported the protesters. Right now I believe many of them are doing a job to feed their families, but when it comes down to the wire, I believe many know exactly what's going on and will be with the people.

The riot police in their NWO black uniforms are a different story imo. They are being hyped and brainwashed and turned into violence machines.

Agreed - there are good guys in the police force too. In fact, there is a problem prosecuting the Fortnum and Mason tax avoidance protesters (they were the subject of politically motivated/dictated mass arrest - an example by political request). The senior officer at the scene is actually on record as saying that the protesters were behaving in an orderly fashion and well within the law... which means that any charges brought will likely be trumped up and politically motivated to provide a showcase. This was the aim of Theresa May, Home Secretary, which seems to have floundered quite considerably; to my great delight.

PS. More on F&M. Charges of aggravated trespass against 109 people accused of storming Fortnum and Mason have been dropped. www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Okay, I misread the posts and offer my apology. I'm not a liar though.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Okay, I misread the posts and offer my apology. I'm not a liar though.

Thank you, very decent of you.

It was a false accusation and not a lie, I merely said that to show you how it feels to be accused of something you did not do, It always helps to read the thread.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Common theme seems to be "we need answers", "police transparency".

Well, despite the shooting being subject of an investigation, as is usual when the police kill someone, these rioters couldn't be bothered to wait for the outcome before going on a rampage. It's bizarre that people expect the investigation to be concluded within days.

There is no justification for what we've seen, none at all.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the looted and burned-out businesses just close down and don't bother reopening, so further damaging the community.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yesterday I got accused of the same. I guess in the frenzy of debate it's easy to see what you wanna see. Anyway let's get back to the debate now.

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
these days what is going on in Canada, US and the UK is racial tension, of course they are tired of the police going after these guys, but it is turning out more and more that they are going after those who are of Caucasian decent.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The prisons in the UK are full of these wastes of space gang bangers and I for one commend the police who have bypassed our pathetic judicial system and snuffed one of them out.

That will save me and my family a few quid in taxes that I begrudge paying to keep these oxygen stealers in prison.

More please police!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DSSONE
Common theme seems to be "we need answers", "police transparency".

Well, despite the shooting being subject of an investigation, as is usual when the police kill someone, these rioters couldn't be bothered to wait for the outcome before going on a rampage.

I know, the thing is with this shooting, the police have been extremely quiet about it.
It's almost shrouded in mystery, very odd.

There is no justification for what we've seen, none at all.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the looted and burned-out businesses just close down and don't bother reopening, so further damaging the community.

Absolutely... mindless thuggery which not only targeted the police, but also people in their homes, women, children and innocent business owners.

The police need to answer some questions and start talking to and listening to the community.
edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ok, still have no clue who is who here. so i'll post this from an american view.

you guys are messed up,

i can't tell who for what in this thread.

i know this is not the US but most of you guys would be screaming about the fascist racist police brutality and the rabid gun culture.

the dude had a gun, the cops took him out after he fired at them and they only firing 3 shots.

nice shooting guys.

and then people riot even giving his history.

it's all bad and sad.

Gotta say, you have a good point. I joined today (after being inspired by watching Jesse 'interviewed' by *Piers Moron - as we refer to him). and though there is some digression on the Tottenham subject, it's enjoyable and relevant. The personal insults and attacks are not, even when provoked by outlandish (trolling?) statements.

Before I signed up, I read the ATS Ts and Cs - pretty clear to me what the ettiquette here _should_ be. Friendly!

Anyways, another point fooks made me consider is the glamourisation of gang culture and how this will inevitably generate support for the gang members and growth of the gangs themselves. I'm not looking to make a judgement on Mark D, though the facts appear pretty damning in terms of his life style, what I will say is that when gang leaders become 'elders', 'heroes' and 'examples' to the community we are in some serious trouble.

This is however what is marketed to kids/young adults about the 'gangsta' lifestyle and, naturally, if they idolise gang leaders they will come out on the streets looking for trouble when the 'chief' gets downed. Their values have been so significantly poisoned by a culture of violence and greed that they believe their fight is one of loyalty and honour, when it is in so many cases just an example of ignorance and negative social conditioning.

Violence and greed are promoted everywhere we look - is it a surprise we are creating animalistic monsters?

*Good chance that the smarmy stooge is headed for deep do do, he was editor of the Daily Mirror when they were hacking phones. The list of people this arrest would make happy is a very, very long one...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Yesterday I got accused of the same. I guess in the frenzy of debate it's easy to see what you wanna see. Anyway let's get back to the debate now.

Peace

Respect to you guys - this is what it's about

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I thought the scenes that we all seen last night and early this morning were shocking and no-one could have predicted them, regardless of what's happened in the past the relationship between the police and communities has changed a great deal.

The shooting of Mark Duggan was justified, he shot at an officer and the bullet became lodged in the officer's radio. What these mindless thugs and supporters of Duggan don't understand is that the police were not at a fault in anyway shape or form. I always find it laughable that the police always find themselves getting grief from everyone - how could they have done any better last night? What was (allegedly) a peaceful march became infiltrated by hardcore elements which only had one thing on their mind; trouble.

Some of the posters in this thread have amazed me too. How do you expect any country to run smoothly without police presence. Would you rather have murderers, rapists and thugs running about to do as they please? Honestly, stop with all the ridiculous conspiracies and look at the facts instead of pretending our police service is corrupt or this guy was shot because he was 'innocent'.

These idiots on the news have no idea what its like being a police officer, criticising the MPS at every opportunity and trying to condone the violence and public order offences. How does the austerity measures imposed by the government relate to this particular incident? Are the officers just meant to stand around and accept this is the norm?

The people that committed these crimes and public order offences have cost their local area millions of pounds worth of damage and its going to be the ordinary tax payers like me that end up forking out for the repair bills. Think about those who have lost their homes, businesses and possessions...Would you still agree with the rioting if this was you?

Its time the public had more respect for the police instead of using old incidents to stir hatred and make excuses.

I hope all the officers injured make full recoveries and the thugs, looters and arsonists are brought to justice.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zanoni7

Respect to you guys - this is what it's about

Indeed.

I always apologise if I'm wrong and Mr Lizard is a decent, nice guy and a long standing member and I knew he would too and we would sort it out.

No probs at all

edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surreptitious
If you cannot provide any facts to disprove me then there is nothing more to be discussed.

Goodbye.

I provided plenty of evidence. It's your turn. Show me the thousands of pictures and videos that show the protesters and rioters to be predominately black. I've shown more than enough evidence to prove they were predominately white.

Where is your evidence? I cannot believe you can lie in the face of truth as you're doing. You should be banned from the forum for your outrageous behavior and racism.

It highlights the lack of honesty and integrity that none of your fellow racists have shunned your far fetched lies. Because if I said that the riots last night were mainly white people even blupblup would laugh at me and dismiss me, as would every "PC" lefty on here.

And you even got a star. I would love to know who starred you.

Where are all these black people you claimed were behind the riots - Are they hiding in the background with Waldo?

edit on Sun Aug 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Seriously mate, the guy has shown exactly what he is and he wont back anything up, he hasn't even got an argument, he just came in to spout his racism, we all called him out on it and now he is just playing games, just ignore him.

Seriously.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

I can't agree more with what you've said.
Speaking to a friend who lives in the area, apparently what started off as a peaceful if ill-informed protest quickly degenerated into a violent excuse to do a bit of early and free Christmas shopping.
Strange how the "protest" moved very quickly from the High Street to the nearby retail park.

Too many people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon on this site without knowing the facts.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by NadaCambia

Seriously mate, the guy has shown exactly what he is and he wont back anything up, he hasn't even got an argument, he just came in to spout his racism, we all called him out on it and now he is just playing games, just ignore him.

Seriously.

Even Stormfront would laugh at him for saying the Greek protests in question were caused and carried out by black people. It's just so outrageous, I cannot believe he's arguing such a blatant lie!

It's paramount to me saying the Islamists in Somalia are all Celts

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this topic cannot be debated on topic and civilly, it can be closed.

Before you attempt another personal remark, I suggest reading this:

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

What's with the anger on ATS?

and, as always,
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sorry, I got carried away

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by Tachalka

And you have access to CCTV in London? ain't that interesting, what's your job if i may ask?

Yeap, I did mention on the first page I work for the Department for Transport, the Highways Agency to be more specific. I am actually only really responsible for motorways in my role but being a civil servant that regularly works alongside Transport for London, we share the same CCTV system.

Peace

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join