It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in Tottenham, London

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
i woke up seeing this this morning & shook my head at the sheer stupidity of some people,homes & lives destroyed..i can't imagine what they are going through at this time.
These sorts of riots are happening all to often lately & it sickens me to think these people live in the same country as me.
Whatever there issues this is a step to far IMO & something strong has to be done,i know what i'd do but in some quarters thats not right.

my country is falling apart

edit on 7-8-2011 by rhynouk because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

"Ignorant" does not equal "racist".

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Are we really, come up to Scotland and stand in the middle of Glasgow and say that. We will see how quickly you exit the country with your tail between your legs.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It does when he constantly calls those who live in that community Immigrants not from this country. They have as much right to be English or British as he does. the fact that he supports and is a member of the BNP proves my point.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
reply to post by McGinty

Sky news have shown live coverage all night...probs got there before the beeb.

I don't think a network can claim dibs on such an event.

Very odd that the Beeb are choosing not to show video!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

I know, and they are funded by the public.

Is someone stopping them from showing any footage?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

So the truth is now racist? no mate its not and the truth should never be branded racist.

What if the comment said something about white gangs would that be ok and not racist? with someone like you it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's shocking to see how the UK has become such a multicultural cesspool Who opened the gates and let this mudslide in?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

I'm no BNP supporter, but I certainly wouldn't call a man "racist" simply because he professes membership. Not everyone who votes for the BNP are racists, and neither are all the members.

A very simplistic, myopic, and - unfortunately - predictable, view.

Sigh.... this old chestnut.

If you support the BNP, knowing the facts of their history, roots and the criminal and racist activity that their top brass and members are involved it then you are a racist.

Simple.

It may be simplistic but that's the point.... call a spade a spade.

See other threads I'm in to read my reasons and proof of why the BNP and EDL are racist.

I really can't see why, in the 21st century, people can not see why or still defend the fact that the BNP are racist.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by NadaCambia

The EDL aren't racist.

You are no better then the racists you say you don't like because you are putting everyone into one category because they speak differently from you.

The EDL are racists. You can pretend it's a small minority but everyone who's seen the EDL at work know that isn't true.

THey're football hooligans and racists. If you have a problem with immigration or Islam then you'd join UKIP, NOT the EDL or the BNP.

Funnily enough the only non-racist EDL members I've met have been on the internet, and I imagine you haven't been to an EDL meeting or met fellow members

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The correlation between those who riot is not determined by race, the correlating factor is usually young men from poor communities, whether that be Tottenham, Northern Ireland or Greece. Even the Canucks in pleasant Canada

edit on 7-8-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
reply to post by McGinty

Sky news have shown live coverage all night...probs got there before the beeb.

What happened was Sky and the BBC were filming people causing trouble very close up. They must have clocked on and then they either destroyed the cameras or destroyed the satellites. I saw on the BBC the camera men being confronted by a group of yobs

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

I actually thought it would have happened over in the US with the death off Kelly Thomas, weird that its kicked off over here in the UK. But as I have said and others have commented. It has been like a time bomb ready to go off over in the UK. And this has seemed to have sparked it off.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

I'm no BNP supporter, but I certainly wouldn't call a man "racist" simply because he professes membership. Not everyone who votes for the BNP are racists, and neither are all the members.

A very simplistic, myopic, and - unfortunately - predictable, view.

Irrelevant. The BNP is a racist organisation and this is indisputable.

I've yet to meet a BNP member who isn't racist. Non-racists would vote for UKIP. BNP members claim they aren't racist but by their views and actions they clearly are, but are in denial about the fact.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The people in this area are amongst the poorest and most disenfranchised in the UK. Child poverty levels in this area are at 40%! It is no coincidence that the poorest areas also contain ethnic communities, they are often cheap rent areas and/or the result of council housing policies. In short, I would suggest poverty provides the fertile ground where negative sub-cultures and gang fifedoms can flourish. Where they flourish, there will always be a powder keg waiting to be ignited. The fuses, as we see, can be many and varied. I think you could take people of any colour, put them in a similar situation and the results would pan out pretty much the same...

London Child Poverty map article:

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

So the truth is now racist? no mate its not and the truth should never be branded racist.

No, Racism is Racist.

The BNP are racist.... that is an undeniable FACT... and that you support them makes you a racist.

The BNP were ordered by the High Court to allow Non-Whites to join, otherwise they would have to "close" their little pathetic group.

Do you know ANYTHING about the BNP?

They are born out of white supremacist groups, the far-right racist groups.... they've had the ex-leader of the KKK speak at their (sorry YOUR) rallies....

The BNP are THE most (legitimate) racist party in the UK.

That is a fact.

What if the comment said something about white gangs would that be ok and not racist? with someone like you it wouldn't surprise me.

Well exactly.... if was white people, no mention is made of their colour.... ONLY if it is blacks and/or Asians..

Do you know WHY??? DUH!!!

Because IT'S RACISM..

Sheesh...

edit on 7/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by NadaCambia

Areas with whites DO have lower crime rates though and Scotland is full of these immigrants.

Oh sorry.......was that racist for you?

False. Working class white areas have an almost parallel crime rate to working class black or brown areas. The only reason the crime rates are lob-sided is because the middle and upper classes are almost exclusively white - Bringing up the rates of white crime massively.

Like I say this is a class issue.

And most of Scotlands crime comes from the white community. Only 2% of Scotland is non-white. And most these people are hiding in doors from the neds like anyone else who has the displeasure of visiting the Scottish inner-cities.

But no, that comment wasn't racist - Just grossly inaccurate

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yes. If some black person was in here making comments to the reverse of yours, claiming to be part of a recognised racist hate group, he would be met with similar disdain.

I don't know where this idea comes from that us Libtards are unable to see anti-white racism, but it's simply not true. Racism is racism is racism.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sorry, a "racist" is determined by his/her actions and/or offensive views. On an individual basis. Not by membership to a club (regardless of that club's history or reputation).

Generalisation is wrong, either way.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I have to agree, sure the BNP is known to be a racist group, and is mostly made up of racist individuals I imagine. Howether being a BNP supporter wouldn't automatically make the person a racist.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join