It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Impeach Them All

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

The OP probably just meant that we need to fire them, one way or the other. The average citizen, myself included, has little understanding of the convoluted self-serving legal system they've created for themselves. Another reason to impeach them.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Excellent point. Another is why are those millionaires fighting so hard to avoid paying a little more? They might say that is how they became millionaires.

I've been considering the issue at hand. We don't elect the President. I'm not sure we ever did. Time to change that, regardles of who is holding that office at this time. It isn't about him. It's about us. I know many email sites crashed in response to the President asking people to contact their representatives. And we do elect them. I don't know for a fact but would guess many of those messages leaned toward this plan or that...What if in the next 36 hrs that message changed? What if we started telling our representative to "fix it or clean out your desk"? Both the Senate & Congress have built in protection that requires action be taken on a governmental level. Those measures need to change as well. That needs to change as well, but time is limited. It will send a strong message.

We have to quit just going with the flow if we ever want any change. There is no sweeping "fix" for this. There will be no fix if we don't demand it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

It is our duty as american citizens to demand what is good for the people. Our ancestors did it, and we will do the same. If we don't we are basically saying, hey, thanks for dying for our freedoms and rights, but meh, whatever, we really don't care.

that is not what america nor what our people are historically about, nor should we be complacent.

complacency and indifference, will never incite change. Ever. Never has and never will. I don't recall ever in our history hearing "the people did nothing, and got what they wanted." just doesn't work that way.

we have more freedoms and rights than most in the world, if not the most, and if we take their abuse, then what example do we set for the rest of the world, let alone our compatriots and future generations.

the people are what makes our country so great, not our selfish, greedy, lawmakers making decisions that harm our very people that put them in their positions of power.

that would be like a friend hiring you if you needed work, you get hired, then turn around and fire your friend. Ungrateful for their positions, unappreciative for their respective power, and we must change. Now or never. Act before it's too late.

we must be heard. It is our right, and most importantly, our duty!
edit on Sun Jul 31 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: remove ALL CAPS "yelling"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would agree they all need to go.
But like people have said who would you replace them with.
It's the system not the people.
We need to take back control of our country and government.
Get it out of the hands of the big corporations.
But the people would still not be happy.
The country is too divided.
ATS is solid proof of that.

I have often thought the country needs to be divided into a Republican and a Democratic nations.
But one would be nuked and the other would go bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think it is a great idea, but if were to cleaned house entirely, TPTB's eyes would light up with the chance to put everyone exactly where they wanted. And with the Supreme Court ruling that now allows corporations to donate infinite amounts to the candidates of their choice we would probably end up in a worse place than where we are now.

But I think it's worth a shot because if we don't do anything we are screwed.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You must decide, you are the American people getting screwed by this Government. Whenever I hear of a comprise that tells me we lose more money or more freedoms or both.

We have politicians that exempt themselves from the very laws they pass on us??? Obama Care rings any bells? The government forcing us to pay for something they can't provide.

They believe they are better than the rest of us.

Sounds familiar, the very reason we had a revolution against Great British Empire 235 years ago....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
300+ million people, scattered about the 3rd largest landmass... Each with a different opinion, if any interest at all.

Do you see why we cannot seem to come together? Do you see why those who want to take advantage and be dishonest are in positions of power? Do you see what greed and non-unity does/has done/will continue to do to this country?

2 Year Term Limits. No more lobbying, period. No more fundraising, jockeying for votes, or unlimited campaign funding (EQUALIZE EVERYTHING-- they must have a limited budget!). No determining your own salary or when you work--that's OUR JOB to determine FOR you.

MANDATORY voting by every single citizen, no exceptions! None!

Government jobs should not be a free for all," I can do whatever I want with no consequences"... The little man gets no such luxury!

We're headed towards total materialist, corporate fascism if something doesn't change soon.

WAKE UP!

P.S. All of you out there: Stop falling for the division that IS the party system!!! It gives people in this country impetus to fight one another and point fingers instead of working together towards the common cause of betterment! This isn't a game, a popularity contest, or a competition-- our very livelihood is at stake (rich, poor, old, young, ignorant, intelligent, EVERYONE). Know the issues, educate yourself, do not let conquer and divide endure for any longer!

Power to the People! Get it back Now!!!!!
edit on 31-7-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A couple of budget thoughts. Get us out of war in two countries that carry a price tag of around $10B a month.

How muxh ! $10b a month

Think again it's 2.5bn a day in fighting zionist wars so the corporations can profit

Look at the report and tell me i'm wrong

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

These men are guilty of slaughtering their own civilians either because they disobey a simple rule, being gay or lesbian, protesting, etc.

Meanwhile, in America...

Democrats propose ideas that could fix the economy.
Republicans say no.
Democrats insist.
Republicans say no.
Obama gets frustrated and the Right wingers call him immature.
Meanwhile, Republicans propose an extensive list of programs that should stop receiving funding, based on their religious ideologies of course.
Democrats sigh.
Republicans sigh.
Americans bitch and complain.

Our economy is weak and neither Party is providing a proper solution (especially the Republicans). However, I am extremely grateful we don't live in an oppressive nation such as North Korea, or Iran, or Libya, or Syria....or of course Saudi Arabia.

This is still America. Appreciate what you have.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would not mind if Obama and the democrats were impeached and thrown out of office. I voted for people who would stop all the normal tax and spend as usual and help to slow down the rate our debt keeps increasing. If we don't reverse course, our currency will become worthless and there will be no hope of stopping it. This debt ceiling debate is just a bump in the road and if our country doesn't change, we are all doomed to be holding a worthless currency.

I believe the people I voted for are making a stand to politics as normal. The democrats had full control of congress and the white house just a few months ago and they could have easily raised the debt ceiling back then if they had a brain. Instead they can't seem to believe there is a growing rebellion to their constant increase taxes and spend more policy. I say it's time to get rid of the dinosaurs in office. Cut the spending and cut the taxes. Repeal the health care that was rammed down our throats and cut spending. Apparently Obama and the democrats can't believe people really want them to cut spending. I can believe Obama and Pelosi might be having a fit that the destruction of America might be getting a set back because some people are standing up to them. If they stay in office our destruction is almost guaranteed I believe. I do like the strategy of having one of the most hated members of congress remain their congressional leader. I don't hate her but I read that many do. I'd just be happy to see her hit the road and lose big time in the next election. It's almost a given in my opinion that Obama will not be office another term unless he assumes full dictatorship and then that will not be a term, it will be supreme ruler unless we have a civil war.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

They need complete and total reform. These politicians are looking out for their own wallets and looking out for their re-election. They take bribes, vote only to suite their needs and bury us in the process.

We need to have 1 term for all politicians.

Fixed salaries.

Zero lobbying and "donations"

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

our Constitution set forth that it was a personal burden to work for Congress. You got a minimum pay and no special deals. Today our Congress give themselves special benefits, well above the average pay, special health care, special retirement, exempt from the very laws they pass on us. This is where you find people to take their place. Find people who are willing to serve the people not the party. We have a Department of Education system run by the Government that has failed the people. We have a Department of Energy that has failed the people, We have a Department of Transportation that has failed the people. We have a Congress that has failed the people. Where do we get people to fill in for the removed politicians? Ask for volunteers minimum pay and under the same laws they force upon the rest of us. We will have many years of trouble but with the Grace of God and the arrest of the corrupt we can bring back America to the vision our founding fathers sought for us.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undertough
OK fair enough.
But then replace them with who?
What is the plan to guarantee we can replace them all with anyone better?
Otherwise I guess I am with you.

Replace them with me I'll balance the budget real fast lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451
reply to post by kno22

They need complete and total reform. These politicians are looking out for their own wallets and looking out for their re-election. They take bribes, vote only to suite their needs and bury us in the process.

We need to have 1 term for all politicians.

Fixed salaries.

Zero lobbying and "donations"

Well said and we also need to use the laws of treason we already have and get to see the bank accounts of these politicans because most are zionist puppets and need to face justice but that won't happen why they also control the judges, police and are trying to control the internet.

Politicans that have nothing to hide won't mind will they

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

Point well taken. And in response to another post it is our duty to tell our elected when they are wrong. For too long we've let this build to and now we are at the boiling point. It isn't one party or the other. It's all of them. Professional politicians are par for the course now & suspect in my mind. Mr/Ms Smith from down the road has great ideas but because they don't have the backing professionals have we will never hear them....except here.

Our politics is in some sort of weird inbreeding situation. How many of our representative were millionaires before they went to Washington? They have the money, the contacts & it buys them the power. The result is regular people find it almost impossible to run and win in an election. Should Mr./Ms Smith manage to make it into the "polls" the hatchet job begins. Every single detail of their lives is laid out for everyone to see. Heaven help them if they made a mistake in their lives. Recently there has been a couple of cases of pros dirty laundry being aired in public, but look how far they got before it hit the fan?

There are good people. I know there are. But they find themselves so buried in the dung heap they can't claw their way out.

Replace them with who? Bring it back to the individual state. We will find someone to sit in that chair and many who will know just how honored they should be for being selected.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Wow, you really know how to pump out the Democratic propaganda don't you.

We know who the true enemies are - those who sit in the government, puppets to the corporations....on both sides of the table - Republican and Democrat.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth
reply to post by Undertough

Hang them all for treason.

Go back to the letter of the original law.

Take away the individual rights of corporations.

Go back to printing our own money versus printing debt notes.

As far as who goes, require a candidate manifesto with measurable goals that can be reviewed at term.

Replace the 13th Amendment with the original and NEVER alow lawyers to hold public office and NO lobbyists EVER!!!!!

Common Law courts instead of equity courts and NO long term service in either house!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Term limits is the obvious answer.

However, It takes a politician to write a bill.

14 Trillion in debt.

We could replace them with children.

Could they really do worse that 14 trillion in debt?

If they are in office right now...They are the problem.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think we should all agree at this stage in the game, almost all is lost.

Our hate is strong, as strong as our confusion.... the only hope, the only solution is a violent revolution.

impeachment wont be enough, they will find loopholes to exploit during the process.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Here Here, WhyAmI Here !!!

I think you've just about said it all...Bravo...!!

I think we should replace the ENTIRE U.S. HOUSE of REPRESENTATIVES in the next Election - (I hope they're watching this) and if you're an incumbent, you are OUTTA HERE !!!!!

And about that raise in salary you just gave yourselves...well...enjoy it while it lasts, buckos !

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join