It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Impeach Them All

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Going back to the Constitution w/out endless amendments is exactly what we need to do. Some one else mentioned we need a government that represents us. It's already suppose to represent us. In fact this country fought a revolution TO GET REPRESENTATION. Now days I feel like we are sitting on top of a tinder box & don't know who has the matches.

I went to a different thread looking for some indication as to what this 'deal' is. In all honesty, I only listened to one report by MSNBC. I need to look into it a bit more before making comment. I will say, at this point, it sounds like a bandaid on a festering wound.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by solardez
money is the issue here.

money is driving the decision process of every politician in the united states government.

because money is power. and those in power wish to keep on making money.

consider the army of lobbyists in washington. they are a means to ensure money drives the decision process.

consider how much money it takes for a politician to be elected.

removing politicians, electing new politicians will do nothing to solve the rampant ineffectiveness of every politician now in office.

instead....

take away the money. outlaw or drastically reduce the enormous benefits given to politicians. cap their salaries. outlaw lobbyists. outlaw donations. remove the factor of greed.

make all politicians realize that in order to lead a nation, they must live as the people they wish to guide.

there is no other solution.

You are right. These politicians wouldn't be elected if it wasn't for money and the corporate business money that backs them with their lobbyists. Their perks, their under the table deals, etc. etc. They have sold themselves to the devil. May they rot in hell.
edit on 1-8-2011 by Stargate2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by myiisred2

I'm telling you, if martial law (or anything similar) were to be implemented nationwide, a revolution would begain.

I'm telling you, it is way beyond foolish to wait for martial law before beginning the necessary revolution to reign in an out of control government. Waiting for martial law only guarantees the unnecessary bloodshed that can easily be avoided by acting now!

Do you genuinely believe you are so powerless, that all you can do is sit back and wait, salivating like some Pavlovian dog, for a violent revolution. Do peaceful revolutions disturb you that much?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The legislature, as we all know, is the most powerful branch of government, and I guarantee that if citizen legislators simply outnumbered the corporatists in the House and Senate, this country would be ours again. The difference between these ordinary citizens as legislators and the career politicians we have today is that the citizens would vote to lower congressional pay, to pass the 28th (term limits -- maximum of two) and 29th (defining lobbying as treason) Amendments to the U.S. Constitution, to abolish the Federal Reserve System and the IRS, etc. And the greatest thing about these citizen legislators serving? Without a doubt, the New World Order would be stopped the moment they entered office. The bankers and corporations could not do anything to them, but they could certainly do everything they are constitutionally delegated to do and fry them and their cronies. Friends, fellow ATSers who are 25 and older, please run for Congress, as Independents if you wish but preferably as either Democrats or Republicans. The two-party system is corrupt, yes, but most Americans don't vote for Independents and if there's any chance at winning you'll have to infiltrate the parties to do it. God speed.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Also, if anyone here lives in Colorado's third district, or is otherwise interested in someone running who cares, please check out my friend Tisha's website. She's an Independent candidate for the House in 2012.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Blood doesn't need to be shed. That has already been done to make this country ours. Peaceful revolution is the only action that makes sense. First we need to realize a revolution is needed. Before long there will be another crisis in the news to take our minds of this one to keep us quiet & passive.

This forum allows people to speak their mind. We don't always have to agree, in fact if everyone agreed all the time no progress would get made. I've learned here. I expect to go on learning here. We can't count on the msm for information. Demonstrations do happen, frequently. Back during the VN war tptb noticed if a demonstration was reported more people joined in. So, don't report it and no one notices it. We need to find a way to notice it.

I'm not running for any public office. I have no agenda beyond trying to save what is already mine...and yours.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lapi7
The American people have neither the intestinal fortitude, the mental or emotional ability nor the moral aptitude or courage to implement "blowback" or resistance to ANY TYRANNY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER!

I SINCERELY BELIEVE that if the American people were told by the Federal government that Federal Agents were making sweeps from city to city and town to town and would rape all girls and women over the age of 7, would shoot and kill all firstborn males children regardless of age, would sodomize all other males and then rob and plunder all household valuables, then demand a politely worded "Thank you sir, may I have another?"...I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT ONE WOULD SEE ABSOLUTELY NO RESISTANCE FROM AMERICANS WHATSOEVER!

A lot of blogs crying the old standard of "Yeah...we're not going to take this crap...time to fight back for our freedoms..." etc...etc.. Yes, we'd see a lot of that...

But the idea that Americans would ever TRULY take a viable stand against their owners...NEVER !!!

YES...THIS IS A NON ELOQUENT RANT IN CAPS !!

THE TIME ATTEMPTING TO REACH WITH REASON AND BY MEANS OF THOSE ELOQUENT ELOCUTIONISTS HAS NOW FADED INTO THE SUBTLE LONGINGS OF THE PAST.

AMERICANS ARE STRIKINGLY DEAF AS WELL AS DUMB...THEY ARE FREAKING MUTE, UNLETTERED, ILLITERATE AND INSUFFERABLY STUPID BEYOND ALL MORAL AND INTELLIGIBLE COMPREHENSION !!!

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TILL YOU AMERICANS MAKE IT STOP !!!

WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU SUPERIOR NEWTONIANS UNDERSTAND ???

THE TIME FOR MASS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE ATTENDED BY ALL AMERICANS OF GOOD CONSCIENCE AND NOBLE BLOOD ON A NATIONAL SCALE HAS ARRIVED !!!

GANDHI, ONE OF THE GREATEST HUMAN BEINGS TO EVER GRACE OUR PLANET. FREED AN ENTIRE NATION FROM THE BONDS OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT AND INSPIRED OVER 300 MILLION PEOPLE TO TAKE THE BLOWS THAT RESULTED IN THEIR EVENTUAL FREEDOM !!!

ARE WE AMERICANS OF ANY LESS HONORABLE BLOOD AND NOBLE STOCK AS THESE?

YA GRUMBLING, MUMBLING, STUTTERING, MARBLE MOUTH, DROOLING, STAMMERING DOPES !!!!

I POSTED THIS EARLIER THREADS BUT NOBODY LEARNS ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTINUAL REPETITION AND I'LL POST IT AGAIN UNTIL SOMEONE WITH AN IQ JUST ABOVE PLANT LIFE FINALLY GETS IT !!!

AMERICANS ARE GETTING EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR AND THUS DESERVE...AND THEY CAN"T SEE IT !!!!

YOU SIT AROUND ALL DAY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BUT NOT A ONE OF YOU HAS THE STONES TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!!!!

YOU'RE ALL NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF PINKY FINGER TAPPING, BLOG POSTING, BS WANNABE HEROES WITH NOT A OUNCE OF HONOR OR A DROP OF GUTLESS BLOOD IN YOUR VEINS !!!

WHEN IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO ACTUALLY LEARN FROM HISTORY?

TAKE A FEW TRUE HISTORY LESSONS...THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR FOR AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE, THE CIVIL WAR, THE FRENCH REVOLUTION...THAT'S WHAT THESE GUYS WERE FIGHTING FOR...AGAINST POLICE AND GOVERNMENT BRUTALITY !!!

AT LEAST THEY HAD THE HONOR AND GUTS TO STAND (AND DIE IF NEED BE) AGAINST SUCH BRUTALITY !!!

NOT LIKE THE REST OF YOU WIMPS !!!

SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS SO BADLY !!!

QUIT YER BITCHIN' AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YA HALF A SISSIES !!!!!!

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT THE OLD WARS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TODAY'S POLITICAL CLIMATE THEN I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN AND LEARN THE REAL HISTORY BEHIND THE CONFLICTS !!! AND NOT THE LIES AND BS THAT SO MANY OF THE ILL INFORMED WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE !!!

THE EXACT SAME THING WAS HAPPENING TO THE CONFEDERATE STATES THAT IS HAPPENING TO ALL AMERICANS NOW, NORTH, SOUTH, EAST & WEST...TODAY !!!

NOW THAT IT'S HAPPENING TO YOU HOW DO YOU LIKE IT ???

HOW DOES IT FEEL ???

NOW YOU KNOW HOW THEY FELT AND WHAT THEY FOUGHT FOR !!!

YA BUNCH A GARBLING, BLUSTERING, LIP LICKING, MEALY MOUTH, DODDERING, STAMMERING, KNUCKLE-DRAGGING, MEAT EATING, NEANDERTHAL, DWEEB-NUT, DOLTS !!!!

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU IMPOTENT, GUTLESS FOLKS FROM OTHER STATES BUT I URGE ALL TEXANS OF NOBLE STOCK AND HONORABLE BLOOD TO UNITE !!!

LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE TRUTHFUL VIDEO LINKS BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

QUIT BLOGGING AND DO SOMETHING !!!

FOR GODS SAKE SHOW SOME F***ING PRIDE !!!

SHOW SOME F***ING GUTS !!!

HAVE SOME F***ING COURAGE !!!

AND THIS IS THE FACE AND VOICE OF THE GLOBAL ENEMY WE'RE ALL FACING !!!

IF THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUTLESS COWARDS THEN PERHAPS THE LATE MR. CARLIN CAN SET YOU STRAIGHT...IF IT COMES FROM ME YOU WON'T LISTEN...BUT IF IT COMES FROM HIM ("Hey Clem, he was famous, let's listen!") PERHAPS YOU WILL !!!

WELL IF THAT DIDN'T REACH YOU THEN PERHAPS MR. BEALE CAN REACH DOWN AND IGNITE SOMETHING WAY DOWN IN THAT SICK, APATHETIC, SLOTH OF A THING YOU CALL A SOUL !!!

NOW DARE TO LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE ANTHEM BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

DO NOT GIVE INTO SLAVERY !!!

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As expected there was a last minute save. I've not seen it yet, but then I doubt those who voted for it saw much of it either. This does not change the fact that this government held many of its most valuable, and most vulnerable, hostage to this drama. The single fact that our troops, on the ground in a far away place, were told they might not get paid, but were still expected to fight...is appalling. Their world isn't stressful enough? Lets let them worry about bills getting paid back home. And this is, at best a temporary fix.

Everyone is breathing a sigh of relief today. Me included. But I know it isn't over. Not by a long shot. Bring our troops home. Stop these wars that can not be won. Put that effort, and money, where it's needed most. Right here at home. Demand the bailout money be repaid. Make Washington a place for our government & not a place of professional politicians. Stop the corporate lobbys from sucking the life out of our world.

No. It's not over by a long shot.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

With all due respect, other then a call all Texans, and ranting here, exactly what is your plan? Civil disobedience is one thing. Dissolving into chaos is another. Do you have a place for Texans to meet & organize? Once you do put a plan in action how will you let the rest of the country know? Obviously we can't depend on our press any more.

I'm in Kansas. We have a Peace Center here, but unless a person is signed up to the site no one knows when they are protesting. I found them because I happened to drive by them during a peaceful march in protest of the wars we are in. I asked if I could join them & they welcomed me? There was no prior press notice. That night there was a 30 sec news blip that a few folks decided to brave the heat and partake of peaceful protest. That was it. Mind you I counted the number of marked police cars & it was significant. Apparently they knew.

So. Give me a plan.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

I read the opening thread and thought it was excellent....all of the mean-spirited answers are unecessary....yes, the whole bunch needs to go....NO INCUMBENTS IN 2012, should be one of our rallying cries!

edit on 3-8-2011 by doryinaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by doryinaz

Thanks for saying what I hadn't gotten around to yet. I will not vote for any incumbent next year. I would suggest everyone give thought to doing the same. In what has come to be business as usual, Congress beat it out of town before any citizen had a chance to say anything, leaving behind work that needed to be done. When did they become the elite? When did they start believing they don't answer to us?

My suggestions:.
1) Lobbyist need to be booted out of Washington and not allowed to contact any elected official for any reason.

2) All elected officials need to live & work in the state that elected them.

3) No elected official should earn more then a small percentage above that states average income of that state.

4) Decisions should be made among those elected within regions.

5) At the conclusion of such decisions then, and only then, the elected can take it to Washington. This is the computer era, conferences can be held without any travel.

6) When travel is necessary the elected will travel in the most economic means. They can have 2 assistants. If they want to take family they can buy tickets like the rest of us.

7) As one responders to this thread suggested, if we have to pass pee tests so should they. If we can't smoke in our offices, neither can they. (Regardless of what each individual might think of either of these issues the basic idea is, they be handled in the same manner we are....and personally, I'm getting really tired of the back of this bus.)

It's time to reign these people in...or out as the case may be.

As another responder pointed out, it's time to stop complaining and start doing. This is a land of law. And above all else, this land is ours.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

There must be a misunderstanding. I DO NOT want a violent answere for the problem, I am only attempting to prepare for violence, because, isnt that what they are doing? I am concerned about the citizens who look forward to it. My ideas dont include a violent solution. I know we can petition the government and that we have options, I just dont know how to do such a thing to THIS government. Maybe you can explain the inner workings of a sucessful peaceful revolt, and the process in chronological order, please. Im in. I.m not sitting and waiting, I,m preparing my loved ones, and talking with others, and it is very hard to get people to even participate in a discussion, let alone commit to action. I can see the extent of the attack to be given to us, and I know those same people who wont entertain discusssion are going to not know the big picture and will instinctively, and emotionally react violently. Lets do something before this ever starts, your in charge, what do we do first?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I have a thread in political madness, If you feel our country is in distress (USA) hang the flag upside Dow
in the thread I explain with links how this apply yo today situation plus I put a pic link that shows how I put my flags out. Let us all go to the Whitehouse and scream, leave our house leave our house to the tyrannous gov that leads our country. Start with a few and others will join. People are scarred however I believe the people are on a breaking point also, it would be nice if we can eject the current gov in a peaceful manor, show the world riots are not necessarily a good thing. Personally I don't like hurting people and I don't like destroying my town or city. (Pondering on the current euro riot).We don't run that way in USA.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
Sounds like nation building to me. Who replaces them? Do we really need total chaos? I thought we have a system to replace them. I think the real problem is the press and how the Americans are fed information. Karl Rove and Bush proved an important lesson. The more you stick to the "points" the more likely the people listening will repeat the message and believe it, even if tis wrong. The people here really want to just be told something and left alone. I was golfing with one of my buddies and he flat out said, the people running the nation should just be left alone to run it. That's why we put them there. I said "what if they are doing the wrong thing" and he simply said that it's their problem. I couldn't disagree more but, I didn't want to get into it on the course.
I say vote them out. I've been watching the process over the last few weeks, particulary, my representatives in my home state. They so far, have reflected my points of view. It they stop, I vote against them.

i commend you for your restraint. i can imagine what must have gone through your imagination upon hearing such drivel.

when i was a very young boy my Mom told me we were in the silent majority. as a child that didn't know better i was proud of that. as a grown man i now understand things better. Mom, in her late 80's, still believes what she sees three times nightly on TV news and it just breaks my heart.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yep, get rid of them all.
Blow Out Congress - www.blowoutcongress.com...

Heck, they no longer honor the Constitution anyway, so why not finally have term limits.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You are going to have to ask The Federal Reserve for permission to impeach op

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sorry folks. I had a family emergency on the east coast & just got back. I've read the posts & we seem to have reached plateau. I think any one here suggesting anything that sounds remotely violent are just giving voice to frustration that we all feel. Unfortunately history has shown there often has been violence when people are trying to make a huge change. We also know, from history, it can be done without violence from one side...but too often the response of the otherside has sparked violence. We need to be aware of that. In a perfect world I would like to send a letter telling most of Washington they are fired & then have them clean out their desks and leave. Although I have fired them many times, none of them seem to be paying any attention.

It is possible for a system to malfunction. None of the elected or the appointed are immune to the law. That even one person among them thinks they are immune it is proof of the disease. We don't need committees on top of Congress if Congress would just do their job. We don't need an entity called Homeland Security. We have people to do that if they would just do their job. My point is creating new layers isn't the answer. The answer is really very simple. They need to do their job. If they can not, or will not, they need to step aside and let someone who will do the job they have been hired to do. And we have hired them. When we go to the polls we are doing exactly that. We pay them. They work for us. All too often it seems to be working the other way. Again, a symptom of the disease.

So. What do you do when you have a disease? Most of America will be happy to wait until 2012 to vote people out of office. I would love to believe we have the time for that. Really. But I don't think so.

Someone here said, leave your home and go to Washington. I agree. If you can't go, and believe me I know the economic challenges involved, then go to a federal building...and sit down. Refuse to move. Someone will come along who will be willing to drag you away. That's why it needs to be many of us willing to take that stand. And once free to do so, go back and sit down again. Try to find someone who will be able to let many others know this is happening. MSM won't necessarily help. I don't like the social network like facebook, but so many of you do. Spread the word any way you can.

I am praying this can help before someone throws a match on this tender box.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct. Waiting for something that triggers Marshal law, which is by definition our military taking control of our cities and neighborhoods, & by extention, us, That pretty much guarantees violence. Taking a peaceful stand is the only rational choice.

People in power don't like giving up that power. They will resist it being taken from them. If that mind set was only their problem it would be much easier to deal with. But by our system, and the resources available to them that mind set is, pretty much, our problem as well. But to resort to violence as a first response will only give cause to a violent response from them. The people of this nation have done amazing things. We still have that power within us.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
July 30 2011 seems so long ago now. And now here we are smack dab in the middle of a revolution. A long over due revolution. Now it's no longer a call to Impeach them all. Now it's time for a reckoning. Our system is broken and can not, in it's current form, be fixed. I salute those willing to stand up for you & me. I stand for all of you when ever, when ever I can. We can bring this country back to the place we all remember and long for...it's just over there in the haze of corruption, dirty deals, and the predators that thrive on us. There's clean up to do certainly. It won't be over night. But we can do it. I know we can. .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join