It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Impeach Them All

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Everyone in Washington is pointing their fingers at everyone else in Washington and still there is nothing settled. We've all seen the news reports, heard the dire warnings, over and over again. A few weeks back my thoughts were they should all sit down, shut up & do their jobs. That boat has so sailed.

It has become more apparent by the hour that the folks we sent to Washington on our behalf are doing just about everything other then acting in our behalf. I don't think they can. They have taken the politics of fear and turned in inward in the form of a pissing contest. If this country can not take care of it's veterans, elderly & disabled then it's time for major reform. Pensions and homes people worked so hard for are slipping away. I think they are all guilty of gross misconduct and as such do not have the right to speak for anyone. Have those "on the Hill" taken a cut in pay? No. Of course not. Will they manage to work a pay raise in to some bill? Of course they will.

A couple of budget thoughts. Get us out of war in two countries that carry a price tag of around $10B a month. Stop the 'war on drugs'. That battle was lost before it got started. Contact all those bail out companies and tell them it's time to get out their check books. And more then ever our representatives should remember it is a honor to have been chosen. They aren't doing anything to earn their salaries so why should we go on paying them? Misconduct is an impeachable offense & they have all become extremely offensive.

I love this country. As I'm sure you do. But at this point I can anyone say they feel secure in our home'.
edit on 30-7-2011 by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
OK fair enough.
But then replace them with who?
What is the plan to guarantee we can replace them all with anyone better?
Otherwise I guess I am with you.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
if you have seen any left right conversation on ats you know the deal in washington

all politics are local and they havent changed too much from the creation of this country.

the only difference between us little people and them is whose corrupt.

clean house is the only way to fix the system but the people replacing them will be just the same.

brainwashing from cradle to grave is a hard thing to over come.

as for one who thinks he doesnt need no stinking government i will just site back let each other fight it out and be on my merry.
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

Hang them all for treason.

Go back to the letter of the original law.

Take away the individual rights of corporations.

Go back to printing our own money versus printing debt notes.

As far as who goes, require a candidate manifesto with measurable goals that can be reviewed at term.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
kno? so how do you know? Now what?

I don't want anarchy. But I'm sick of these 2 party 3rd party wanna be crap.

Suggestions? OK Ron Paul again.... Now what?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have been yelling this for years.

Replace them with people that serve two years then go home.

The problem is people think their Congressman isn't the problem.

Yes, your Congressman is the problem

So is mine....What are we waiting for?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't want anarchy either. What America really needs is a Representative government, by and for the People of the United States of America. What we have not is a gaggle of lawyers, two sides of the same coin, infighting and playing the blame game with each other. I have been watching them. They look like spoiled children! I can't think of any other description that fits. They are a government for themselves, and all efforts are to further line their greedy pockets.

There are plans in place already. The Flat Tax is one plan that nobody talks about.
Floor Speech: The FairTax will bring jobs back to America

Another plan is to END THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANKING CARTEL.

Ron and Rand Paul has been warning us for some time now.....

See what I mean? We the People have the power here. I think a Vote of No Confidence is in order, but have no idea of how to present it to the Congress. Perhaps some of our more educated members could come into play here? We have to do something, or I fear the shooting will start, and once that happens, there will be no stop gap. Cool heads can prevail, but they better act soon.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Kno? Actually, long ago I began using the screen name knonot.& it stuck. Of all the people on this planet I would be the first to tell you there is a whole lot of stuff I don't know. What I do know is we have military personel on the ground being told they may not get their pay checks. Little old men & women are already living minute to minute. How can they cut back? Cut back what? We are all being asked to cut back in a time when major corporations, having run their business in to the ground, got handed blank checks.

Washington is broken. Our system is broken. I can't tell you how many times I've said 'it doesn't matter who is elected into office, they will be walking into a flawed system. If not corrupt the day they walk into office they will be soon enough.

We tell them to pass a measure to get us through the next six months. In that six months every one of them needs to justify their existance as a rep of their state. By then, should a replacement be needed, the people will choose who will step in. And I agree, go back to the letter of the law.

I don't have all the answers, but am hoping THE PEOPLE here will start thinking and discussing & maybe we can find the answers we all desperately need.

kno

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Yes, your Congressman is the problem

My congresswoman is not a man.

Is she still the problem?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I remember when the tea party first started that was the war cry. Impeach them all!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
2 years, limited terms and benefits sounds pretty strong.

I'm in so far.

If you tell me you need 8 years to perform,your a liar.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I knew I would get called out on that...

Congressperson did not convey my anger.

PS.....She is most definitely the problem.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
the current problem is that folks think their vote "means" something. It doesn't. Your "vote" means nothing and most likely hasn't since my birth (50 years ago)

we need more controls on government, not more controls on the populace. if you make a promise (no taxes or what ever) and don't do it, you're out. Corporations need to get the hell out of politics, and no "special interests" groups. Also, you don't get a chance to spend MY tax dollars on a damn thing without a drug test first. If that is an invasion of your privacy as a public figure it damn sure is an invasion of mine as a private citizen. No more "do as I say not as I do" crap

I want leadership by example, just like I do at my workplace, I ask nothing of those that work for me that I am not willing to do first, and better then anyone under me. I am always the first to work and the last to leave.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The...well said. I'm kinda in the "grassroots" side of California business. Your point is well taken. Duly noted.

Are you running for any office at a local level? Or afraid of success?

Zero Sarcasim.

What's the game plan ?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

Impeach them all and replace them with who???
More aspiring politicians? What will change?

Until the mechanics of the system change, it won't matter who we put into office.

It's clear to me that the few cannot fairly control the many.
Because of the greed of human nature, Representative "Democracy" has failed.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
"Nixon's Watergate Testimony To Go Public"

ahh the good old days,,,

news.sky.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

Controls on government and not the people is a great sentiment. Wish there was an objective means to "grade" our elected officials in a manner that would accurately reflect both their effectiveness and intentions. As the supposed employers of our congressmen and women, are there any suggestions for a process or method whereby those who fail miserably to represent our best interests could be fired as any other poorly performing employee would be? As a business owner, I have made the mistake of retaining staff long after they ceased to be productive and almost always paid a heavily disproportionate negative price for doing so.

I certainly intend to be at the voting booth with my "you're fired" memories tattooed deeply in my brain during the next elections.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Look on the bright side, Congress waiting until the last moment to settle something as significant as the debt ceiling just lowers the bar that much further for our students in school. "Yeah I did this entire report last night, I learned it from Congress".

It's almost like they want the US to go to AA status.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
if you have seen any left right conversation on ats you know the deal in washington

all politics are local and they havent changed too much from the creation of this country.

the only difference between us little people and them is whose corrupt.

clean house is the only way to fix the system but the people replacing them will be just the same.

brainwashing from cradle to grave is a hard thing to over come.

as for one who thinks he doesnt need no stinking government i will just site back let each other fight it out and be on my merry.
edit on 30-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I have to disagree. It has changed over the last 110 yrs when the world banks finally got their hooks into the federal gov. They tried to assassinate T Jefferson when he denied them in while he was president. It has changed dramatically. There were occurrances through time, Jackson-cherokee nation- US Supreme court as an example, but it wasn't until about 1900 where corruption really started to grow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join