It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Impeach Them All

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

Misconduct is an impeachable offense & they have all become extremely offensive.

All governments exist by consent of the governed, but in the United States it is expressly acknowledged that it is the people who hold the inherent political power at all times. Given this, it should be clear where the problems lie, and blaming politicians for those problems is akin to blaming a tumor for cancer.

The corruption of government officials is symptomatic of a corrupt people. A people who have willingly become complacent and stupid. A people who have as a majority taken a reprehensible view of unalienable rights and law. A people who have stupidly abdicated their own inherent political power in order to have "leaders".

Impeach scapegoats all you want. This will not fix the problem. Until individuals are willing to respect each others rights profoundly this nonsense will just get worse. Until people are willing to accept law as natural and legislation for what it is - words, words, words, - the corruption will continue.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kno22

A nobal idea but there is no body to replace them ,in otherwords no one person with integraty and honor that wants to come to DC,do a job for there state and leave after one or two terms (term limits).They feel the power and graft and being human beings.......CHANGE............just like that.

Easier then Impeachmnet is "Term Limits",why won't anyone talk about or run for office that would put up a bill for term limits,get a political person to answer that and you will find out why there is no one to replace the bottom feeders,they are "ALL" that way...............................hell you can't even get people on blog sites like ATS to talk about term limits.If I have missed it,please refer me to where they are.

Untell you take away the reason for crooks and lifers to come to DC you will never find an honest politician that goes to DC for the people.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sounds like nation building to me. Who replaces them? Do we really need total chaos? I thought we have a system to replace them. I think the real problem is the press and how the Americans are fed information. Karl Rove and Bush proved an important lesson. The more you stick to the "points" the more likely the people listening will repeat the message and believe it, even if tis wrong. The people here really want to just be told something and left alone. I was golfing with one of my buddies and he flat out said, the people running the nation should just be left alone to run it. That's why we put them there. I said "what if they are doing the wrong thing" and he simply said that it's their problem. I couldn't disagree more but, I didn't want to get into it on the course.
I say vote them out. I've been watching the process over the last few weeks, particulary, my representatives in my home state. They so far, have reflected my points of view. It they stop, I vote against them.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

New elections but of course. Ban anyone whose been in office already. done.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Democrats propose ideas that could fix the economy.

How's TARP working out and the summer of recovery?I guess the banks and execs, along with GM, are ok so all is well?
I haven't seen Harry Reid attempt anything on the deficit until today? All he has proclaimed was the House bills are DOA. Obama hasn't proposed a thing except raising the debt ceiling and threatening people on SS, which we directly pay into. That is akin to my bank 401k(savings) or company 401k threatening not to give me my money!
If they do not give back my money, is that a crime?
they should all be charged with embezzlement from stealing from SS.
edit on 7/31/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kno22
Everyone in Washington is pointing their fingers at everyone else in Washington and still there is nothing settled. We've all seen the news reports, heard the dire warnings, over and over again. A few weeks back my thoughts were they should all sit down, shut up & do their jobs. That boat has so sailed.

It has become more apparent by the hour that the folks we sent to Washington on our behalf are doing just about everything other then acting in our behalf. I don't think they can. They have taken the politics of fear and turned in inward in the form of a pissing contest. If this country can not take care of it's veterans, elderly & disabled then it's time for major reform. Pensions and homes people worked so hard for are slipping away. I think they are all guilty of gross misconduct and as such do not have the right to speak for anyone. Have those "on the Hill" taken a cut in pay? No. Of course not. Will they manage to work a pay raise in to some bill? Of course they will.

A couple of budget thoughts. Get us out of war in two countries that carry a price tag of around $10B a month. Stop the 'war on drugs'. That battle was lost before it got started. Contact all those bail out companies and tell them it's time to get out their check books. And more then ever our representatives should remember it is a honor to have been chosen. They aren't doing anything to earn their salaries so why should we go on paying them? Misconduct is an impeachable offense & they have all become extremely offensive.

I love this country. As I'm sure you do. But at this point I can anyone say they feel secure in our home'.
edit on 30-7-2011 by dbates because: Caps Lock Title Edit

I would spend my money and time to support an effort to Impeach Obama and the entire Congress.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Term limits would be good. I say, let the people alott money for each wannabe. No special interest money. They go in to office with the people's platform. What the people want in their district, they go on that platform. Big business has hyjacked the system. Get their interests out of of politics and let the system run based off the people. What a concept eh? Gee, I think that's been thought of before... Like 230 some years ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The last statistics I saw were clear.

People think Congress is the problem.

They also think that their Congressperson is not the problem.

That is the thinking that needs to be addressed.

From the Dog Catcher to the President...You are all Fired !!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Wow, you really know how to pump out the Democratic propaganda don't you.

We know who the true enemies are - those who sit in the government, puppets to the corporations....on both sides of the table - Republican and Democrat.

How is telling you to appreciate the freedoms you have pumping out "Democratic Propaganda?"

Grow up.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
money is the issue here.

money is driving the decision process of every politician in the united states government.

because money is power. and those in power wish to keep on making money.

consider the army of lobbyists in washington. they are a means to ensure money drives the decision process.

consider how much money it takes for a politician to be elected.

removing politicians, electing new politicians will do nothing to solve the rampant ineffectiveness of every politician now in office.

instead....

take away the money. outlaw or drastically reduce the enormous benefits given to politicians. cap their salaries. outlaw lobbyists. outlaw donations. remove the factor of greed.

make all politicians realize that in order to lead a nation, they must live as the people they wish to guide.

there is no other solution.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kno22

No one wants anarchy. The last thing we need is chaos on top of this dog & pony show. But what happens if, on Aug 2, 2011, this nation defaults & can not meet its obligations? Interest rates will sky rocket, retirement funds and, for many, the only income they have to live on tanks. We've seen what happens in other countries and its not been pretty.

Agreed most wholeheartedly! A shooting war is the LAST THING I want to see. We are a Nation of LAWS. Are we not? We have a system of Courts in America. Why not a class actin lawsuit against then all for, oh, I don't know, High Treason? Giving aid to an enemy of the United States? (ATF Gunner Op) Criminal Fraud against the American people? Misuse of powers granted by and fort the People? Theft by Deception? Faulty banking practices, and misuse of a Public Trust? (social security)
Rigging an election for political gain? I'm sure there are more I could think of, it is late, and I am tired. Perhaps some of our learned members on Constitutional and the American Common Law can draft up a motion to bring suit? I will gladly sign on, and offer my own knowledge, and any help I can give to a Just Cause.
Look at my avatar, what it says. "Rebel with a Cause." I am a Rebel, I rebel against the MACHINE. This is an idea we can all get around.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The American people have neither the intestinal fortitude, the mental or emotional ability nor the moral aptitude or courage to implement "blowback" or resistance to ANY TYRANNY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER!

I SINCERELY BELIEVE that if the American people were told by the Federal government that Federal Agents were making sweeps from city to city and town to town and would rape all girls and women over the age of 7, would shoot and kill all firstborn males children regardless of age, would sodomize all other males and then rob and plunder all household valuables, then demand a politely worded "Thank you sir, may I have another?"...I SINCERELY BELIEVE THAT ONE WOULD SEE ABSOLUTELY NO RESISTANCE FROM AMERICANS WHATSOEVER!

A lot of blogs crying the old standard of "Yeah...we're not going to take this crap...time to fight back for our freedoms..." etc...etc.. Yes, we'd see a lot of that...

But the idea that Americans would ever TRULY take a viable stand against their owners...NEVER !!!

YES...THIS IS A NON ELOQUENT RANT IN CAPS !!

THE TIME ATTEMPTING TO REACH WITH REASON AND BY MEANS OF THOSE ELOQUENT ELOCUTIONISTS HAS NOW FADED INTO THE SUBTLE LONGINGS OF THE PAST.

AMERICANS ARE STRIKINGLY DEAF AS WELL AS DUMB...THEY ARE FREAKING MUTE, UNLETTERED, ILLITERATE AND INSUFFERABLY STUPID BEYOND ALL MORAL AND INTELLIGIBLE COMPREHENSION !!!

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TILL YOU AMERICANS MAKE IT STOP !!!

WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU SUPERIOR NEWTONIANS UNDERSTAND ???

THE TIME FOR MASS CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE ATTENDED BY ALL AMERICANS OF GOOD CONSCIENCE AND NOBLE BLOOD ON A NATIONAL SCALE HAS ARRIVED !!!

GANDHI, ONE OF THE GREATEST HUMAN BEINGS TO EVER GRACE OUR PLANET. FREED AN ENTIRE NATION FROM THE BONDS OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE WITHOUT FIRING A SINGLE SHOT AND INSPIRED OVER 300 MILLION PEOPLE TO TAKE THE BLOWS THAT RESULTED IN THEIR EVENTUAL FREEDOM !!!

ARE WE AMERICANS OF ANY LESS HONORABLE BLOOD AND NOBLE STOCK AS THESE?

YA GRUMBLING, MUMBLING, STUTTERING, MARBLE MOUTH, DROOLING, STAMMERING DOPES !!!!

I POSTED THIS EARLIER THREADS BUT NOBODY LEARNS ANYTHING WITHOUT CONTINUAL REPETITION AND I'LL POST IT AGAIN UNTIL SOMEONE WITH AN IQ JUST ABOVE PLANT LIFE FINALLY GETS IT !!!

AMERICANS ARE GETTING EXACTLY WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN BEGGING FOR AND THUS DESERVE...AND THEY CAN"T SEE IT !!!!

YOU SIT AROUND ALL DAY AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT BUT NOT A ONE OF YOU HAS THE STONES TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT !!!!!

YOU'RE ALL NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF PINKY FINGER TAPPING, BLOG POSTING, BS WANNABE HEROES WITH NOT A OUNCE OF HONOR OR A DROP OF GUTLESS BLOOD IN YOUR VEINS !!!

WHEN IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GOING TO ACTUALLY LEARN FROM HISTORY?

TAKE A FEW TRUE HISTORY LESSONS...THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR FOR AMERICAN INDEPENDENCE, THE CIVIL WAR, THE FRENCH REVOLUTION...THAT'S WHAT THESE GUYS WERE FIGHTING FOR...AGAINST POLICE AND GOVERNMENT BRUTALITY !!!

AT LEAST THEY HAD THE HONOR AND GUTS TO STAND (AND DIE IF NEED BE) AGAINST SUCH BRUTALITY !!!

NOT LIKE THE REST OF YOU WIMPS !!!

SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS SO BADLY !!!

QUIT YER BITCHIN' AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YA HALF A SISSIES !!!!!!

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT THE OLD WARS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TODAY'S POLITICAL CLIMATE THEN I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO BACK TO KINDERGARTEN AND LEARN THE REAL HISTORY BEHIND THE CONFLICTS !!! AND NOT THE LIES AND BS THAT SO MANY OF THE ILL INFORMED WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE !!!

THE EXACT SAME THING WAS HAPPENING TO THE CONFEDERATE STATES THAT IS HAPPENING TO ALL AMERICANS NOW, NORTH, SOUTH, EAST & WEST...TODAY !!!

NOW THAT IT'S HAPPENING TO YOU HOW DO YOU LIKE IT ???

HOW DOES IT FEEL ???

NOW YOU KNOW HOW THEY FELT AND WHAT THEY FOUGHT FOR !!!

YA BUNCH A GARBLING, BLUSTERING, LIP LICKING, MEALY MOUTH, DODDERING, STAMMERING, KNUCKLE-DRAGGING, MEAT EATING, NEANDERTHAL, DWEEB-NUT, DOLTS !!!!

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU IMPOTENT, GUTLESS FOLKS FROM OTHER STATES BUT I URGE ALL TEXANS OF NOBLE STOCK AND HONORABLE BLOOD TO UNITE !!!

LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE TRUTHFUL VIDEO LINKS BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

QUIT BLOGGING AND DO SOMETHING !!!

FOR GODS SAKE SHOW SOME F***ING PRIDE !!!

SHOW SOME F***ING GUTS !!!

HAVE SOME F***ING COURAGE !!!

AND THIS IS THE FACE AND VOICE OF THE GLOBAL ENEMY WE'RE ALL FACING !!!

IF THAT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU GUTLESS COWARDS THEN PERHAPS THE LATE MR. CARLIN CAN SET YOU STRAIGHT...IF IT COMES FROM ME YOU WON'T LISTEN...BUT IF IT COMES FROM HIM ("Hey Clem, he was famous, let's listen!") PERHAPS YOU WILL !!!

WELL IF THAT DIDN'T REACH YOU THEN PERHAPS MR. BEALE CAN REACH DOWN AND IGNITE SOMETHING WAY DOWN IN THAT SICK, APATHETIC, SLOTH OF A THING YOU CALL A SOUL !!!

NOW DARE TO LISTEN TO THE MOST HONORABLE ANTHEM BELOW AND FOR THE SAKE OF ALMIGHTY GOD IN HEAVEN LET IT INSPIRE YOU WITH SOME F***ING PRIDE, GUTS AND THE NOBILITY TO RISE UP AGAINST THE TWO PARTY MONOPOLY OF THESE FEDERAL AND GLOBAL TYRANTS !!!

DO NOT GIVE INTO SLAVERY !!!

edit on 1-8-2011 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shtf2012

This country only appears to be devided, but so far even on ATS everyone agrees on this topic. Which I think is a top of the list topic. It feels good to read the feelings we all have in common. We are all fed up, ready for action, and dont have the knowledge needed to sucessfully accomplish this task. If we do revolt and sucessfully establish a new government, we could then also re-negociate all of our financial obligations with EVERYONE involved with the old government. I would love to help make this all happen, just gotta meet the right group of people who know how to make this happen, where to start.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Its not that I dont appreciate america. I am just sick of being minipulated, fooled, used, and abused; and I know this country is better than this and it should be. Besides it is our duty as americans to run our government and act accordingly when it breaks down. Dont tell me you were all for the wars our country fights. It is harder to appreciate an illusion when you see through it.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sure, you are right, it is our own fault. However that still doesnt mean that we cant change it whenever we want or have to. I'm telling you, if martial law (or anything similar) were to be implemented nationwide, a revolution would begain. And who are we up against? Our own military is not going to come home from war and fight with us, they will fight for us (once they are cought up on whats really going on). Then once we all have been forced to stand up and deal with it, the american attitude will mature and the people will all have to participate again and take pride in holding office for the united states of america. We can make this country great, everything leading up to this has been an illusion (smoke and mirrors, and LIES).

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

New elections but of course. Ban anyone whose been in office already. done.

Not even slightly an answer to my question which was

Originally posted by Undertough
OK fair enough.
But then replace them with who?
What is the plan to guarantee we can replace them all with anyone better?
Otherwise I guess I am with you.

"New elections" is not a who but a how and how is not what I want to know. I know how. Telling me who you would ban is the exact opposite of telling me who should be elected which is again...what I actually asked.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Simple. New people. That answered everything. Preferably, a random lottery of the populations's richest, poorest, and inbetweeners.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is one of those topics where you really can't "impeach them all", but what we can do as a nation is stop listening to them. We can just allow them the illusion of power. When in reality they are up there just messing with themselves for their own ego stroking exercises.

When you step back and look at the situation, it isn't logical to think that the same people who were paid in the form of gifts and campaign contributions are able to fix this mess the way they should. They have no interests in fixing the problems, as if they were to fix the problems they would lose their power that they lied so diligently to gain.

What we should do is just ignore them. Go on about our daily lives and continue to pay taxes and follow the laws that serve us the best. But when it comes to taxes we should only pay what we think they should get. At this point in time I say they should get zero dollars, as they haven't proven that they can spend money wisely.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Well. Alrighty then. I have to admit as I read your post and scrolled down seeing the youtube links I went to George Carlin first. One of the most effective means of spreading the word is thru humor & Carlin was a genious. Then I realized I was hearing my words coming out of his mouth. Now I don't know if my thoughts over the years are really mine, but OK. I can live with it. The FIX is in. We don't have 2-3+ parties anymore if we ever had them to begin with. Those things keep us all very busy discussing who did what & why our party isn't to blame for anything. This keeps us distracted & incapable of joining together. We have let them get a way with this. There is only one party & it's the Federalist Party. Washington is filled with Federalist & not one of them represents me.

I've talked with people who would like to make a more forceful, yet peaceful, stand. We live in a time when the word 'terrorist' flows like water. Then we hear what this country does, under the letter head of National Security or Homeland Security to people who cross them. Apparently breathing is enough to find oneself "a person of interest". From there things rarely go well. Most of us are very busy just trying to hold on to their jobs & homes.

I'm hearing this AM that a deal has been made. Does anyone know anything about this yet? I've called everyone who represents my state & oddly enough came up against a busy signal. I will try again.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
How about we just use this debt fiasco to understand how inefficient and outrageous big government is and the government workers should also learn a lesson that government jobs are not immune from depressions. We should go back to Constitutional government where the money is restrained by precious metals and tangible assets as opposed to fiat currency.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join