It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call to Impeach Them All

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Here is what I do not understand. We have a bunch of millionaires who could easily pay for their own health care out of their own pockets. Yet they get one of the best health care plans imaginable paid for by us the taxpayers all the while crying that they have to eliminate our social security, medicare and medicaid to balance the budget. It makes much more sense to me to make the millionaires pay for their own health care and let us keep our social security, medicare, and medicaid.

The Pentagon eats up almost one half of all the federal budget. Let's bring the troops home from Afghanistan, and Iraq and close one half of all the military bases, especially the ones overseas. That one move right there would probably balance the budget.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well there actually is something already in place to help remove them all. They only need support.
Check them out. They offer just about everything I have seen mentioned in this thread so far.
goooh.com...
I joined in 2009 after the bailout. They were just starting out and were not able to impact the ' 10 elections but they have their sites on ' 12.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undertough
OK fair enough.
But then replace them with who?
What is the plan to guarantee we can replace them all with anyone better?
Otherwise I guess I am with you.

We replace congress with these guys.

(sorry don't know how to embed, I'm slow in the tech area).

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kno22

They aren't doing anything to earn their salaries so why should we go on paying them? Misconduct is an impeachable offense & they have all become extremely offensive.

This is like saying everyone of a certain race is bad and should be done away with.

Certainly not true. There are some hardworking dedicated people giving it the good fight every day and going unnoticed because they don't appear on the nightly news stations hollering about their cause and their beliefs.

Blanket solutions are like cutting off the leg to save the body.
Maybe you don't need to go there. Tackle the trouble spots. The most recent election attempted to do just that but unfortunately it did not work out as many thought or planned and the Tea Party is gumming up the works.
There will be another election and the people will have a chance to speak again.

There are some bad people and they are the most powerful. Get rid of them. You cannot dismantle the system and toss our system of government and then just fend for ourselves. It might be nice but is hardly realistic or even desired. It is not the government I am afraid of it is corporations who don't mind creating a product that will kill me. Although I charge the "government" for letting it get approved as a product or a foodstuff in the first place.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Here is what I do not understand. We have a bunch of millionaires who could easily pay for their own health care out of their own pockets. Yet they get one of the best health care plans imaginable paid for by us the taxpayers all the while crying that they have to eliminate our social security, medicare and medicaid to balance the budget. It makes much more sense to me to make the millionaires pay for their own health care and let us keep our social security, medicare, and medicaid.

The Pentagon eats up almost one half of all the federal budget. Let's bring the troops home from Afghanistan, and Iraq and close one half of all the military bases, especially the ones overseas. That one move right there would probably balance the budget.

This is a great reply and I could not agree more.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Members of congress are paid to represent "We the People". instead what we now have is them representing "The Party". That is not them doing their job, you know the one "We the People "pay them for. By not representing us the way they are supposed to. They are guilty to one degree or the other of TREASON!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kno22

I can not find one person to talk with who doesnt believe that our government is corrupt. With that in mind, I wonder how we would go about petitioning the government. A revolution does not have to mean war or anarchy, but it is obvious we could use one. What would happen if NOBODY were to vote for anybody running for office? I'm guessing politicians would just keep on like they are, but how do you get the job without being hired first? I cant speak for everyone, but I dont remember spending any of the money we are all forced to concern ourselves with. Who would be held responsible if america were to default? I am a 34 year old white male with no children and i have never been married, therefore i have never qualified for any government assistance programs. I feel I speak for most american citizens when i say i'm tired of all the political drama surrounding me, especially in these times. I dont vote because it is a full time job to educate myself well enough to make an intelligent decision, its all just so overwhelming. Matter of fact, even if our votes did count, patriotism seems to guilt people to vote, whether educated or ignorant, people think it is thier duty. It is also our duty to run our government, not be ran by them, so until i feel i have ahold of the reins and can ride this ride, it seems it would be more irresponsible for me to vote for the sake of voting. Oh yea, I thought that persons with a title of nobility could not legally hold office in our country, but our presidents were knighted.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

No one wants anarchy. The last thing we need is chaos on top of this dog & pony show. But what happens if, on Aug 2, 2011, this nation defaults & can not meet its obligations? Interest rates will sky rocket, retirement funds and, for many, the only income they have to live on tanks. We've seen what happens in other countries and its not been pretty.

Don't get me wrong. I think there will be an 11th hour save. I've got a feeling in my gut telling me this whole thing has been a psychological drama being played out it your life as well as mine. Washington has stalled on this issue for years and now it's this frantic, 'the sky is falling' problem? .That would make this nothing more then manipulation playing on our fears. For what? Press coverage? It's certainly gotten them all that. Distracting people from other issues? Or did they all, like children, take a 'I'm king of this hill' stand & now can't, or won't, back down from it? When did Washington become romper room filled with brats?

I've already told my state representatives to fix this, or clean out their desks. Not that I think that will work either, but it felt good to say it. Washington needs to remember this is a country that lives by the law. And here that law is a government of the people, by the people, for the people.

kno

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kno22
Everyone in Washington is pointing their fingers at everyone else in Washington and still there is nothing settled. We've all seen the news reports, heard the dire warnings, over and over again. A few weeks back my thoughts were they should all sit down, shut up & do their jobs. That boat has so sailed.

It has become more apparent by the hour that the folks we sent to Washington on our behalf are doing just about everything other then acting in our behalf. I don't think they can. They have taken the politics of fear and turned in inward in the form of a pissing contest. If this country can not take care of it's veterans, elderly & disabled then it's time for major reform. Pensions and homes people worked so hard for are slipping away. I think they are all guilty of gross misconduct and as such do not have the right to speak for anyone. Have those "on the Hill" taken a cut in pay? No. Of course not. Will they manage to work a pay raise in to some bill? Of course they will.

A couple of budget thoughts. Get us out of war in two countries that carry a price tag of around $10B a month. Stop the 'war on drugs'. That battle was lost before it got started. Contact all those bail out companies and tell them it's time to get out their check books. And more then ever our representatives should remember it is a honor to have been chosen. They aren't doing anything to earn their salaries so why should we go on paying them? Misconduct is an impeachable offense & they have all become extremely offensive.

I love this country. As I'm sure you do. But at this point I can anyone say they feel secure in our home'. [edits by]edit on 30-7-2011 by debates because: Caps Lock Title Edit[/edit by]

Know this is what I am talking about. Was it Egypt that took out their government ant went a couple months without a government? they fa ired just fine. We as a nation need to step up and stop the tyranny of who we put into leadership to uphold their duties of thinking about the American people and our soil first. They have failed on an unprecedented scale and truly need to be held accountable to.

This Thread is well written and with your permission I would like to face book share it, and go even further and try to get the local news paper to print it. I'm serious. We will tumble off the cliff regardless of their debt deal. They are out for greedy selfish reasons, not for us the American people nor do they care about the worlds people or we wouldn't be in wars we have no business in.
Impeachment is a American right it sounds scary but which ever path America takes is our future outcome, get out the shiz and find all new, or take their shots and crumble willing under their thumbs...
edit on 31-7-2011 by lbndhr because: spell check

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Belgium hasn't had a government since April 2010 and seems to be faring okay. Their economy is growing, inward investment is on the rise, they've participated in the NATO action against Libya. The Belgian civil service & the regional governments are running the whole show, in the absence of national political leadership.

So if it works for them ...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

I believe it would work. However looking at the larger picture to impeach, to change the govenrment extends past the president, congress, senate, house of representitives, it goes to our states to governors, mayors council people. SOmetimes I wonder, why cant the states separate fromt he government creating running systems in each state workign together with each state, like in europe? Im serious about this, but we dotn need no queen or president. Each state works with its resources, and we would do national trading to each other? why not? Im tired of circuming to them. Think of the old show, Little House on the Praire", they had their own township with local leadership, the families makign the decisions, and it worked just fine. we need to push some sort of peaceful movement without using hateful symbols words meanigns as to keep gov off our backs. Their is alot to changing a government or a way of life. I have asked many family memebers and neighbors, we all agree its time to change things it is just we are all a little scared of THEM and not sure how to start

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot4Revolt
HOW ABOUT NO ONE PAYS THEIR SALARIES? IF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING BACK THE BENEFITS WE HAVE PAID FOR, WHY SHOULD GREEDY WEALTHY GOVERNMENT GET THAT MONEY TO LINE THEIR POCKETS?

NOT AT ALL WHAT OUR COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED FOR.. TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY, STAND WITH YOUR COMPATRIOTS, ACCEPT THIS AS A DUTY OF BEING AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, AND MAKE OUR COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN.

JOIN ME
PHILADELPHIA SEPT 10TH INDEPENDENCE MALL

I really want to be part of that...I have to see how finances are.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kno22

kno22 i think most aware Americans are very sick & tired of incompetent politicians. sadly i think we are stuck with what we have until we do stand up and take away the power we allow 'them' to have.

it appears the R & D pissing matches cause more harm than good. do away with them.

if i woke up with magic powers this is what i would do:

have leadership chosen by American citizens nominating good people they feel are upstanding, intelligent and hard working. those who wish to lord over others are disqualified, we've already seen the power hungry ego types tend to be mentally unbalanced.

all positions of leadership will be given people to help them, consultant and advisors, also chosen by the people for their merits, education, experience, things of this nature.

have a secondary and if necessary a third-tier group that checks on what the 1st string is doing. keep it honest. keep people accountable.

no more donations, public or private, to sway opinions, curry favor or to buy support.

treasonous acts will not be tolerated. public executions for all to enjoy broadcast on TV. if people can't behave, they can suffer the consequences.

roll back a whole lot of the rubber-stamped documentation that has crippled this country.

make the United States united, every State have differing laws is ridiculous.

voting by citizens on a weekly basis via internet. people will be presented with the issues, the opinions about same, and make their own choices.

input by citizens to government on what their concerns are. the most popular issues get addressed first.

real education in public schools. stop lying. give children good solid education. after 8th grade education will be about what direction is to be taken: vocational, or if college-bound to have a concentration in a specific field.

put real effort into alternative, herbal, holistic and natural health care so it will become available for those who want it.

put genuine effort into green living, recycling, awareness of waste, etcetera.

change our military to one that is ready and capable of defending our land. cease the wars. stop the death & destruction. stand ready to defend, but no more playing big brother to the world.

change foreign aid into real foreign aid, not foreign manipulation. first up: taking care of our own, right here at home, first and foremost.

address the child bearing & child rearing situation our country is in. its obvious we have far too many people having babies that have little to no interest in being parents. children are a precious gift and they should be treated accordingly.

legalize prostitution & put health and safety measures into place, along with benefits for sex workers.

create a justice system that seeks to serve justice and rehabilitation, not generating income and filling prisons.

legalize the green leaf which we are forbidden to call by name on some websites.

put people back to work.

create a fair and just system where every capable person and company kicks in a fair share to cover the expenses of things we all use.

and address everything else that is so screwed up in America.

If I happen to wake up with magic powers like I said, this is where I would start.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Congress has NEVER made so much money.

The Quadrennial Defense Review plan of Clinton to cut our military's Blue Collar Civil Service Wage Grade jobs away....cut all those military units away.....so contractors can do it "cheaper".....

When in fact those contractors have been failing....dropping HUGE chunks of money on Senators and Congressmen EVERY YEAR...so they keep getting their contracts....meanwhile Congress has been spending more money and didn't save a dime...

Meanwhile all the contract workers are making very little money...hence America's middle class dried up....

No impeachments, they all should be on trial for TREASON, then due American punishment per law applied for Treason against the United States....DEATH by Firing Squads.

You all have NO idea how much Defense/Federal Contractors are dumping on Senators/Congressmen every year.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hell yeah. I just hope people keep this anger, since they are (as with any good staged cliffhanger) gonna pull the nose up at the last minute in regards to this debt crisis currently pissing people off. Remember how quickly people went back to apathy once the government told us to F off when we didn't want the bailouts. Time, and a new release iPAD will heal all wounds.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
...impeach them all?...

...okay, well, great idea but before that can be discussed rationally, you first have to create an impeachment process other than the one we currently have (which protects them from impeachment)...

...remember when kucinich attempted to bring impeachment proceedings against gwb?... no one listened to him and the news about that was censored on just about every resource...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just my opinion...but why isn't there a CAP on their pay?? If these people had to live within the means of an income that is more of a national average or slightly less maybe they would learn how to stretch a dollar further instead of living beyond their means! Maybe i am wrong but it does make sense to me...i am not here to argue but people having tons of money that they honestly don't need is what makes a greedy person whom acts childish.

i just don't get how they expect us all to budget our money in our households but yet Obama says," I will not sign onto a balanced Budget" WHAT? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!? No...we'll cut medicare and defense...huh....what?? Doesn't everyone pay into Medicare too along with Social Security?

All this talk,"WHAT'S best for the American People this and that......they aren't doing whats best for US....they are doing whats best for THEM...because in the end thats all they care about!

This whole thing makes me sick!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join