It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

You went to a superhereo movie that was "dumbed down" and then complain that children went to it.

Next, you'll go to the wading pool and complain children are upseting your suntanning.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Im not complaining that there were children.

I'm complaining that children were talking.

I didn't pay 10 dollars to get the 5 year old's view of the world.

I paid 10 dollars to see Captain America.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Aeons

Im not complaining that there were children.

I'm complaining that children were talking.

I didn't pay 10 dollars to get the 5 year old's view of the world.

I paid 10 dollars to see Captain America.

So children can't go to your "adult" places....and they can't go to kid places either. Because, YOU are WAY too important and shouldn't ever be put out.

Someone sure is spoiled.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

We just want parents to parent their children. This should be a wake-up call that not everyone is charmed by your child screaming as you ignore it and let your child cry it out in a public space. That might be okay in your home, but in public you have to keep your children under control. And yes, us awful childless babyhaters don't hate all children, we just hate BAD parents!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Everyone wants children to shut up, don't go anywhere, not leave the house, not get fat, don't play anywhere, don't be unsupervised, develop independence, never question, learn critical thinking, etc.

You cannot imagine how ridiculous you all are. You want parents to control their children, but you cannot even control YOURSELVES.

link   
reply to post by Aeons

It's a movie theater. It is not a talk free zone..
I was going to defend you for not being a troll, but it's pretty damn clear you are now. Or are people so damn stuck up that they think it's ok to use the movie theater for a place to express ones views?

I'm pretty forgiving on those screaming and loud kids, seeing as how they seem to be everywhere. Is it so un-acceptable that I just want to fairly quietly enjoy the movie I waited for a year to come out?

Lets be clear, it isn't a kids movie. They only dumbed removed some of the adult concepts because they understood kids would end up watching it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Is that another nail i hear, being pounded into the couffin? Who needs 'martial law' when you can just make laws, to prevent people from going anywhere. Yeah, i like that idea MUCH BETTER. Makes it that much easier, to 'control' the population. This 'world' is turning into a prison...and we are all being held captive....and no one seems to care! You know what's really sad...people acting like it's all good. IT'S NOT GOOD!

You know....people need to look deep down inside, and evaluate themselves. I haven't seen anything being done to BENEFIT our planet....just dictate and destroy it. What kind of future are we creating for the children we are denying a future to?

Generation X....meaning YOU...have the same NWO mentality. Rockefeller is on his way out...and he wants to make sure, NO ONE gets to enjoy the life he's enjoyed; and that's pretty much the very attitude people have these days.

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for ANY THING!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

A child acted like a child at a movie directed at children.

You find this upsetting and unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It's pretty clear that a no kids allowed movement is a response from society that kids should be controlled in places of business. People are tired of hearing screaming children while having a nice dinner. What more can be said?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It's not directed at children though.
It really wasn't. Is there some part of this that you can't grasp or are you just not reading my posts?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Everyone wants children to shut up, don't go anywhere, not leave the house, not get fat, don't play anywhere, don't be unsupervised, develop independence, never question, learn critical thinking, etc.

You cannot imagine how ridiculous you all are. You want parents to control their children, but you cannot even control YOURSELVES.

All people are asking is for PARENTS to take responsiblity for their children and not force others to endure a maddening situation just because it makes life easier for you. Nobody, with or without children, wants to see/hear your kids in a stressful environment like an airplane, dining at a fancy restaurant, watching a movie in a crowded theater ect..

Until YOUR children are able to behave themselves in public, don't put them in situations such as a cramped airplane. Stop placing the blame on others for your lack of parenting skills.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Past generations would have likely controlled their children in public.

Now the business' have to do it, because misbehaving children hurt their income. This isn't about the NWO, it's about basic manners.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

...It is a fact that since Dr. Spock put out his wonderful work of science fiction that society has eroded, and crime has gone up. I don't think it's a coincidence.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c03212bb3959.png[/atsimg]

Also how well have American children raised under "No spank done in schools???

"For 10 years, William Schmidt, a statistics professor at Michigan State University, has looked at how U.S. students stack up against students in other countries in math and science. "In fourth-grade, we start out pretty well, near the top of the distribution among countries; by eighth-grade, we're around average, and

by 12th-grade, we're at the bottom of the heap, outperforming only two countries, Cyprus and South Africa."

Source

How are they at competing for JOBS???

... Surveys of corporations consistently find that businesses are focused outside • the U.S. to recruit necessary talent. In a 2002 survey, 16 global corporations complained that American schools did not produce students with global skills. United States companies agreed. The survey found that 30 percent of large U.S. companies “believed they had failed to exploit fully their international business opportunities due to insufficient personnel with international skills.” One respondent to the survey even noted, “If I wanted to recruit people who are both technically skilled and culturally aware, I wouldn’t even waste time looking for them on U.S. college campuses.”
Junk Food Diet

Three Strikes - Your out! Aeons

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't like it, and I don't have little kids.

I don't like the idea of being in a culture that doesn't value kids.
In my ideal culture, if a kid was screaming, everyone would try to make sure they knew why and comfort the kid.

When I see a baby crying in a store, I always try to talk to him/her or make faces or something at the child so that they get diverted.

I don't like the idea of censorship, and I don't like the idea of excluding anyone.

The reason kids scream in the first place, and the reason it is so annoying, is because mother nature meant for it to be so that we would try to take care of the child's needs.

The most annoying part of it is ignoring it and trying to act like it isn't happening. That isn't the child's fault though -it's the adults.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

There are just some people who have to pick fights because they got picked on as a kid. They have no friends and hide behind computers so they can fell all superior to everyone else while secretly nursing their insecurities. No matter how well you respond, and point to the obvious that any rational adult would grasp they will bash. Just reinforces the previous statement even more.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

You have to know that kids don't always scream because they have needs.

As they get a little bit older, those can quite easily just be wants. We should not cave to giving children what they want because they cry of course. That would be a terrible way to do things..

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Don't you DARE tell me I simply need to "deal with" YOUR child's rotten behavior!!!! When you're on a plane, in a restaurant, or anywhere else where other people have to share the space with you and your child, It's EXCLUSIVELY YOUR JOB to see to it that the child can behave him or herself. It's parents like you, who do absolutely nothing but expect the rest of the world to just keep quiet and put up with little screaming "Baby-Junior-Power-Lungs" as he makes a total nuisance of himself to everyone within a 1 city block radius, that makes me sick. I don't usually blame the child at all, because parents are always dragging their children into all sorts of situations that they should not be expected to handle. Just like the 2 women I saw at a department store the other night at almost 11pm who had a child with them who was barely a toddler. This child was being dragged through the store crying and screaming. He was obviously up WAY past his bedtime and looked like he was exhausted, but the 2 women just kept right on shopping like they couldn't hear a thing. When YOUR kids act up, its YOUR fault and I shouldn't have to just 'deal with it"!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by crimvelvet

There are just some people who have to pick fights because they got picked on as a kid. They have no friends and hide behind computers so they can fell all superior to everyone else while secretly nursing their insecurities. No matter how well you respond, and point to the obvious that any rational adult would grasp they will bash. Just reinforces the previous statement even more.

Great psycho (ehem) analysis

seems to me you are projecting. There is no way for you to know anyone's actual life situation from YOUR computer screen.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join