The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
They got rid of the good old spanking and there you go, nasty foul mouthed little kids that cannot behave in public. There's nothing you can do about crying babies because they're so young. But a five year old, well that''s different. I've seen teenagers that are really bad. I would ban a lot of them too if I had my way.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i will not be spending my dollars in any of these buisinesses discrimination is discrimination.
i can understand why kids aren't allowed at the liquor store or adult bookstore but banning them at a grocery store
come on now thats just stupid. i would shop at an over priced whole foods store anyway. what about parents who dont have money for sitter or one is not available their money no good because they decided to procreate. sounds like a bunch of people who aint getting none are just being whiny get over it children are the future crap on them now and in fifty years its going to flip places will be banning all the smelly old people think about it

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Well then maybe those parents should have thought about how they raised their brats! Just because you can procreate doesn't mean you should. Stupid people shouldn't breed!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not priceless ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes the're different things.

Thank you for saying that.

The no spanking movement is DANGEROUS!
YES It is dangerous. No one documents how many children are injured or killed because THEY WILL NOT OBEY!

I caught a kid as he ran off a thousand foot cliff. He was seven and looking over his shoulder at his mother who was chasing him. HE was literally airborne when I snatched his arm!

He is a clue about how much damage no disipline has done:

the United States buys and uses 90 percent of the world's Ritalin

According to most estimates, more than 75 percent of Ritalin prescriptions are for children. Boys are about four times as likely to take Ritalin as girls.

....by 1996 had U.S. youngsters consuming 90 percent of the world's Ritalin. Boys, no parent of one will be surprised to learn, are much more likely than girls to be diagnosed with ADHD. In 1996, 10 percent to 12 percent of all American schoolboys were taking the addictive Ritalin....

...Recent research by Volkow et al. at Brookhaven National Laboratory has demonstrated that Ritalin (methyphenidate) is more potent than coc aine in its effect on the brain’s dopamine system....

Another note

Earlier a school nurse practitioner [...] decided the Carroll's seven year old son, Kyle, was suffering from attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) because he was restless in class. A physician, under contract to the school (whom had never "examined" Kyle) prescribed Ritalin for the youngester. [...] [sep article] By second grade, 7-year-old Kyle was sleeping just 5 hours a night, eating only one meal a day, and showing significant personality changes. Concerned about the drug’s side effects, the Carrolls informed the school that they were going to take Kyle off the drug on a trial basis until they could have Kyle examined by their own physician. A school administrator reported them to Child Protective Services. The school had accused them of child abuse for ordering the school to stop administering Ritalin to their son. They not only found themselves facing Family Court Judge Gerald Maney but also later discovered they had been "posted" on a statewide list of alleged child abusers. The charge against them by the school was "educational neglect" not child abuse.

There was no defense. The hearing, requested by the "Law Guardian" who argued the school's position, was not a fact-finding hearing in which the school board would have to support, with medical evidence, that the child did, indeed, have ADHD.

The Carolls believed they would be able to contest the administration of a very addictive psychotrophic drug to their offspring without their own family physician examining him and either agreeing or refuting the school nurse practitioner's "diagnosis." They were wrong on both counts. This was not to be a hearing where actual evidence was examined. Judge Maney told the Carrolls if they did not agree to the school's demand that their son be placed back on Ritalin, the court would order their children removed from the home and placed in the foster care system.

Child abuse proceedings are notorious for their lack of due process, immediate presumption of guilt, unethical investigative techniques, and social workers’ unchecked ability to traumatize children by removing them from their homes. Even innocent parents fear them with good reason. In court and threatened with the theoretical loss of their child, the Carrolls agreed to continue the drug....
www.firedocs.com...

I suggest you read the rest of the article.

And now we know what is behind the GOVERNMENT's no spanking campaign, removing children from parents.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
There are no consequences anymore. I have heard my sister, my sister-in-law, my friends basically threaten the kid... "If you don't stop that...." And what happens? The little brat acts up again and instead of actually enforcing consequences for their bad behavior, the mother just ignores it. Hell if I was still a kid and I could get away with and/or manipulate parents like kids do today, I would too!

All I hear from my nieces and nephews at family things are "I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored" ggrrrrrr... In other words if it's not electric and if it's not all about them, they're bored. It drives me crazy.

My husband and I were at the bar at a 99 with some friends. Yup, we were buzzin and talking somewhat innapropriately. The parents who were also at the bar, with their six year old got offended because we were talking football and dropping a few F bombs here and there. When the manager was called over to hear both sides of the story, he told us that we would have to tone it down or leave, that kids are allowed to sit at the bar at that particular restaurant... because it is a "family" restaurant. Personally, I would never sit my six year old at a bar in front of endless bottles of alcohol and a bunch of drunk adults. wtf!

Every year I have a summer party at my house with a live band and about 100 guests. I basically prepare and cook pretty much every kind of appetizer, food item and dessert that you could imagine. My sister in law walks in and immediately says to me: "Hey do you have peanut butter and jelly?" for her kids. I was shocked and told her I have every food imaginable out on the table... She said they didn't like any of that stuff and she made them PB&J sandwiches. Really? I could have slapped the crap out of her right there and then. When I was a kid we ate what my mother cooked and put in front of us... or we went to be hungry, period, not negotiable and we would never even think of acting up in a public place. We didn't fear them, we respected them and we believed them because when they told us we would be punished? it was guaranteed.

I could go on and on an on about this...

I always say that I wish the mall had kids hours so that when I went to the mall I didn't have to deal with screaming spoiled rotten dirty coughing all over the place kids tripping over my Victoria's Secret bag! ugh!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

I can remember, years ago (I'm talking geological time here) where a parent would say to a crying child" stop that, or I will give you something to cry about" it very often worked, shame it does not work these days.

I lived in those geological times
and one of my earliest memories was that exact sentence and what it meant.

GEE, I did not get preggers as a teen, I never smoked, I took care of the house and grounds after Mom was permanently injured, I got good grades, I went to college...

That horrible horrible disipline at a tender age really ruined my life

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I laugh at the ignorance of those who say the parents should discipline them.

The article was about babies on planes. Guess what babies cry, its there way of saying something is wrong. Kind of like the way you guys moan and complain everytime your life gets uncomfortable.

You going to slap a baby upside the head (an actual suggestion in this thread) when he/she starts crying? No, you are not, you're just talking out your rear ends.

You keyboard commandos make me laugh.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

And you have no respect for children or parents. No understanding of development. And you views are killing your culture.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Really? Then apparently you missed my post about MY children! I do have kids, and once they reach a certain age they have learned that they have to respect others. My kids have only had to be spanked two or three times to get the message that misbehavior will not be tolerated. They know better, and now that they are older I can take things away or ground them which is worse than a spanking. But I did set the precedence when they were young. More parents need to do the same!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by proteus33

Well then maybe those parents should have thought about how they raised their brats! Just because you can procreate doesn't mean you should. Stupid people shouldn't breed!

Hopefully you have taken your own advice and not reproduced.

Nothing as stupid as another person thinking they know how to raise a child better then the actual parents.

Just read you had kids. By the way you talk I'm thinking they should be perfect little angels who are always well behaved and never get into trouble, never make a scene and all around just the perfect children.

You should write a book
edit on 28-7-2011 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

You are correct. Never been to the principals office at school, no trouble with other kids, no drugs/alcohol/cigarettes. In fact, my 15 year old would rather go to the movies with us than his friends! His friends tell him how cool his parents are, and our house is the neighborhood hangout. Guess I do know a tad about raising them!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Really? Then apparently you missed my post about MY children! I do have kids, and once they reach a certain age they have learned that they have to respect others. My kids have only had to be spanked two or three times to get the message that misbehavior will not be tolerated. They know better, and now that they are older I can take things away or ground them which is worse than a spanking. But I did set the precedence when they were young. More parents need to do the same!

Thank you oh expert on child parenting.

Apparently, my children are made of stermer stuff than yours. But thankfully, I have you around to assure me that beating them harder will surely make their brains grow faster, them developm into adults quicker, signal the stem cells in their brain to finish development, etc. for my personal convenience.

Thank you, oh expert on psychology.

Oh, and all of you who think that children were not like this before. - your ancestors put those children out at 8am and didn't see them again until 8pm. Or they put them to work in places that stole their childhood, and did beat the snot out of them for your convenience.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You are correct. Never been to the principals office at school, no trouble with other kids, no drugs/alcohol/cigarettes. In fact, my 15 year old would rather go to the movies with us than his friends! His friends tell him how cool his parents are, and our house is the neighborhood hangout. Guess I do know a tad about raising them!

And mine are fabulous and people love them,

And I still hate the self-righteous, beat your kids into submission because all the adults around them hate them people like you.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You are deluded.

Of course you are going to say those things because it backs your arguement. Let me know when that book comes out, I will look it up under fiction/ super egos. Until then, keep your nose out of other parents buisness.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Great idea. I'll be forwarding it to the movie theater here.

Nothing ruined the Captain America movie more for me than some kid commenting on everything in the background and a parent who wouldn't quiet them.

Then there are movies where kids just don't belong in, but their parents seem to take them anyways.
Like the Hangover 2. I'd love to see some of the explanations parents had to give after that one.

Anyone who saw it.. knows pretty well what Im talking about.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Not deluded, fact. I don't particularly care whether you believe it or not. I have what I have and I know how I got there. It is a fact that since Dr. Spock put out his wonderful work of science fiction that society has eroded, and crime has gone up. I don't think it's a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

There are no family units anymore.....grandma is the sole provider ....

For a while I thought it was normal for kids to live with their grandparents and not know where their parents were because that's how every house within 10 blocks of me was set up. Never knew where daddy was. Mommy was a phone conversation once in a while and grandma did all the feeding, clothing and raising of the child.

This is the new modern family.

Grandma, product of the 60's and 70's "Love Movement" is now reaping what she has sewn. Her undisciplined daughter STILL expects Mommy to clean up her messes!

Unfortunately I doubt she has the brains to connect the cause and effect... They got fried on drugs.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join