It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by haarvik

hell sometimes we didn't get a countdown!

i had a kid scream at the top of her lungs for 5 stops on the train.

we were on the express and it took 15mins.

she was right next to me, standing in the middle of the train. she was about 5 or 6yo.

i took a vid on my phone, gotta find it.

i had a seat and it was late and i didn't have the energy to kill her and her family and all the witnesses.

they didn't even try to stop her!

the little sweetie was doing it for spite, we locked glares so i know!

she was white too, why is that relevant? chinese kids don't do that here.

What were they supposed to do, they were on a train. It's not like they could send her to her room. Kids have tantrums, the best way to deal with them is ignore it. If it were me, I would have apologized to you profusely but there was not much else that could be done. Six is old for a tantrum though, for the most part that crap is done by 4.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

You know your local babysitter now runs about 15 dollars an hour now? Some even 20 or more. Which is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

The parent should have gotten off at the next stop and spanked the hell out of that screaming brat. Ignoring public temper tantrums tells the child that the behavior is tolerated.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
dude, no prob but don't forget others are spending the same or more,

with babysitters and an anniversary thrown in for good measure.

like i've said in other threads, let the mgmt know ya got kids when you make a rez.

there are kid/family friendly places and there are not.

just like there are bars and there are strip joints.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yeah its totally lost on them anyway. Why spend $40 for your kid to not like his salmon tar tar, asparagus with goat cheese and souffle. Go to McDonalds and Denny's if you want your kids to eat. Or, heres an idea, spend that $40 on a babysitter and go out with out your kids?

Wasn't there just a post about McDonalds? Not letting my kid eat those nuggets, thanks. We like to go to a nice (somewhat upscale) Italian restaurant after a day of shopping or after the movies. For the most part my 4 year old is well behaved, but we go at 6 so we don't disturb other diners. Sometimes she will bang her fork on her plate, sometimes she will say hi to other patrons. Occasionally, she behaves badly and then we get doggie bags.

Kids may not be as well behaved as they used to be but I think the general population don't have the tolerance levels they used to. Problem is adults whining about everything (including whining about whining children).
edit on 28-7-2011 by minettejo because: extra word

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

It sounds like you did a great job at raising your children. Unfortunatly parents like you are the minority today. As long as the parents are making a genuine effort to control their kids (removing them from the situation if they act up), I'll give them a pass. The thing that gets me is when a child is screaming, running around, etc. and the parent does nothing about it. The reason these rules are cropping up is that the majority of parents do not bother to discipline their kids anymore and good parents such as yourself suffer the consequences.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

that's what i thought!

but no!

every dirty look i gave her she screamed louder! lolololol!!

i got to find that vid, it was on my old phone. i sent it to my wife. truth, it was about 2 yrs ago.

i work with disabled kids and never seen anything like this from them.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sad to see so many adults advocate violence. Then they wonder why there is so much hurt and violence in the world. Violence begets violence. Teaching your kid to be afraid of you might work in the short run, but then you wonder why divorce is up to 50%.
There are plenty of societies that discipline their children, use brute force, and their society still sucks.
Running around advocating laying hands on children is not the answer to anything.
I find this all quite disturbing.

My child is the best behaved in any room and in his pre-school. And that is by his own choice, not out of fear. Because I treat him with respect. I treat him as my equal emotionally. Just because he is little does not mean that he is a second rate citizen like so many here are advocating. I draw strict lines, he knows where they are. If you ignore your child, they act for attention. You reign with an iron fist, you get a tyrant later. Children express the upbringing they receive. You teach your child what their emotions are, give them undivided attention and love, and strict lines, and they flourish and can learn to make decisions for themselves. No matter what camp your in, emotional intelligence is lacking.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

in all fairness, it is a scripted dialog with pictures not readily corroborated as truth.

it might not be his mom and the kid might have some real problems.

if there was the vid, i might believe it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

AND incidentally, IF we're going to spend $30-$40 bucks a head minimum, for a main (at an okay restaurant) the owners can bloody well tolerate all they get from my kids, I've paid for the right, haven't I? Don't they want the money? Are they so comfortable with their finances they don't need my moola?

Wellll. Just because you pay people money doesnt mean you can do whatever you want to them. They're chefs, servers and bartenders...not prostitutes. And some restaurants dont want the "family" dollar. In fact, many restaurants lose well paying adult customers because of noisy, messy kids. Happened at many of my restaurants. Kids actually cost the restaurant more money (and hassle) than its worth.

Its not worth the server dealing with them, cleaning up the inevitable mess, not leaving a good tip and the kitchen having to make up special, smaller child plates and design a separate kids menu. Kids meals are cheaper so its less of a bill. All the while they're going to be a lot noisier and rowdier than most adults (drunk adults excluded).

Like I said, not all kids and parents are like this but enough to warrant many restaurants banning rugrats.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

who said keeping kids in fear?

ya, you get smacked or "the look" that's the fear.

not LIVE in "fear" just that there WILL be hell to pay if you mess up.

works good if you ask me.

when my daughter acted up, bam, right outside so mom could eat in peace till she calmed down and was ready to eat and behave.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'll reply later when I quit laughing.

I have a campground and the young girls decided to trash the place over the 4th. Plugged the toilets and broke the mirrors among other things. So we closed it for repairs and brought in 1 porta jon for the rest of the weekend. They had no showers. The mens room was fine. Later the wife caught a bunch of girls in the mens room and the place was trashed and called the police and had them questioned for going into the mens room. If a man went into the womens room all hell would break loose so it was only fair and the police thought the same. Parents were not happy and wanted their money back refused and most left then we re opened it without any problems

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Culture of Hate.

Culture of Self-Destruction.

Most obvious sign isn't the money, it isn't the wars, it isn't the fat, it isn't the alcohol.

It is that people hate their own next generation.

People hate children, and they hate the people who have children.

I didn't realize what I level of pressure I live in my parent and child-hating culture until I was at a restraunt event organized for only parents. One of my friends didn't realize what a culture of parent and child-hate she lived in until she went to a Mormon event with one of her friends. Another friend realized it when he ended up at a Muslim Pakistani event.

You people are poison.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Pretty much living in fear of being hit is what your advocating.

link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

And what does that have to do with the price of rice?

link   

Well theres a difference between punishment and violence. Violence does not have a lesson to learn at the end. Its not violence to spank your kids. Its punishment, just like being grounded, just like taking away xbox. To simply group all forms of physical punishment as violence is to miss the point of punishment.

When it comes to kids violence is abuse, punishment is neither.

And yes, its ok for children to live in fear. Adults live in fear all the time too so dont think we're immune to it. We fear being fired...so we stay in line. Kids live in fear of being punished...so they stay in line. Sometimes kids need different punishments to work and people shouldnt let their kids run wild because they're afraid of some confronting the moral dilemma of hitting your kids.

Besides, the best weapon is one you never have to use. The fear of punishment is usually enough. And living in fear of punishment is how we all live (thats why laws and courts work)...why should children be excused from it?
edit on 28-7-2011 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Dont think thats fair, kids n babys not allowed on airplanes..although by todays reocrd, it seems to me airlines do the cheapest way to fix things on aplane. In other words, if yuor with yuor kid, n flying over oh lets say, the north atlanitc, or pacific, and have a sudden derpessuring of the cabin aka roof flies off* well then the kid is screwed too.
I bet airlines have had their fair share of adults acting like kids too, by comparison.some guy sitting next too you who wont shut up* has offensie verbal t shirts on and drinks like thiers no tomorrow, bet thats annoying for most of us flying...terrorists , grown adults, go on planes too, not to cry n whine, but to blow them up with you in it. so i find this no kiods allowed ruling kinda not fair*

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

This has nothing to do with hate or destruction. It has to do with discipline and respect for others. If you ask people my age I bet 95% will tell you they were spanked at one point in their lives. According to some on here that means that 95% of us should be murderers and thugs. It has been proven time and time again that an undisciplined child will do as they please. I will never be on the same level as any child under 18...NEVER! They are not mature enough to be on my level. When I was young you were taught to respect your elders. You were taught not to interrupt conversation. Children should be seen, not heard!

Kudos to those who are tired of unruly spoiled brats! Now if we could only do the same for their parents! I know, each establishment should have a sign that states:

"Unruly children will not be not tolerated. Should your child disrupt patrons at this establishment, you will be charged a public nuisance fee of $50!"

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by Aeons

"Unruly children will not be not tolerated. Should your child disrupt patrons at this establishment, you will be charged a public nuisance fee of $50!"

Thats a GREAT solution. Now rude parents have nothing they can say when their kid ruins dinner for the 5 tables around them. They should split the money throughout the tables that were affected by it so the parents pay for a portion of the meal their kid ruined. At that point lets make it $100!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join