The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I don't care how you manage your child. (except for abuse of course, no one wants that.)

Whatever works for your parenting method, as long as the child can learn and not become a disruption, that's what is important.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by caladonea

You're right. They do thrive on gentleness.

That's why they're completely out of control now.

(laughing out loud!)...Many, many children who were raised with love, kindness and gentleness....have grown up to be good adults....and they are not out of control. You are just too funny....(lol)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Time out?? ROFL!!!

Yeah, The whole Dr Spock ( not the star trek guy, the REAL Dr Spock) type BS started when I was a kid in the 60's and my mom tried time out for about 5 seconds. Some of us are strong willed and naturally rowdy. I happen to be the OG of rotten bratty strong willed kids.
She claims If youd put me in a time out Id get up and run off.If I was given a choice between spanking and being grounded.. Id invariably choose spanking. You wont kill me, pain is temporary, and being grounded sucks a heck of a lot worse. My parents figured out that not all children are little robots and there is no one size fits all form of discipline.. and chose to instill accountability for my actions and discipline. It paid off.. for me, my future, everyone involved, and the world at large.
I still love and respect my parents to this day.. regardless of strong discipline because in my case.. I definitely was way too bone headed and strong willed to comply with passive demands. I may even respect them more for not laying down on the job of parenting properly since I see and work with kids who's parents did lay down on the job.. and I see the result of it.

I dont like demands of group think.. if your time outs and reasoning works.. yay. To demand it of others in their own unique scenarios.. is arrogant and foolish. You probably need to pray to whomever you pray to you dont have a kid like I was and like many many children are. It will take more thought and work at hands on parenting than sitting it in a corner to reflect on its misdeeds to raise it properly.

Never considered it before this moment, but perhaps thats why I can identify with the kids I work with. Boneheads of a feather and all...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I've seen the hands-off approach.

Every time the parent went to the store the child extorted the parent into buying a toy by throwing a high decibel tantrum.

The child was in charge because daddy didn't have the balls to be a man and put a stop to the behavior.

Oh, isn't my screaming brat cute?

NO.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I have three young children, two are ok. My oldest is autistic, so she seems unruley most of the time. so I am kinda offended by your comments. some kids don't know the difference

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Time out?? ROFL!!!

Yeah, The whole Dr Spock ( not the star trek guy, the REAL Dr Spock) type BS started when I was a kid in the 60's and my mom tried time out for about 5 seconds. Some of us are strong willed and naturally rowdy. I happen to be the OG of rotten bratty strong willed kids.
She claims If youd put me in a time out Id get up and run off.If I was given a choice between spanking and being grounded.. Id invariably choose spanking. You wont kill me, pain is temporary, and being grounded sucks a heck of a lot worse. My parents figured out that not all children are little robots and there is no one size fits all form of discipline.. and chose to instill accountability for my actions and discipline. It paid off.. for me, my future, everyone involved, and the world at large.
I still love and respect my parents to this day.. regardless of strong discipline because in my case.. I definitely was way too bone headed and strong willed to comply with passive demands. I may even respect them more for not laying down on the job of parenting properly since I see and work with kids who's parents did lay down on the job.. and I see the result of it.

I dont like demands of group think.. if your time outs and reasoning works.. yay. To demand it of others in their own unique scenarios.. is arrogant and foolish. You probably need to pray to whomever you pray to you dont have a kid like I was and like many many children are. It will take more thought and work at hands on parenting than sitting it in a corner to reflect on its misdeeds to raise it properly.

Never considered it before this moment, but perhaps thats why I can identify with the kids I work with. Boneheads of a feather and all...

I love and respect my parents and they never laid a hand on me for discipline. Physical abuse is not necessary to get a child to behave. Consistancy in the discipline and follow through are the cornerstones to a well-behaved child.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAYSEED
I have three young children, two are ok. My oldest is autistic, so she seems unruley most of the time. so I am kinda offended by your comments. some kids don't know the difference

I.

Don't.

Care.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo

Time out?? ROFL!!!

I love and respect my parents and they never laid a hand on me for discipline. Physical abuse is not necessary to get a child to behave. Consistancy in the discipline and follow through are the cornerstones to a well-behaved child.

Funny, I never once mentioned my parents beating me or striking me. Maybe you shouldnt assume. last I checked spanking wasnt physical abuse.
edit on 28-7-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
For the hell of of it, I and my wife are at wits end. Any other parents of Autistic children out there who would have any advice for the uninvited

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Funny, I never once mentioned my parents beating me or striking me. Maybe you shouldnt assume.

You said "Id invariably choose spanking. You wont kill me, pain is temporary"

They struck you hard enough to cause you pain - you said it, I didnt assume anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

For the hell of of it, I and my wife are at wits end. Any other parents of Autistic children out there who would have any advice for the uninvited

I have to get off here pretty soon.. real life calls.. u2u me if you wish and I can give my email.

My oldest is autistic.. and was a handful. Now she is doing very well. High functioner though. Is yours high functioning or what end of the spectrum.. and was your diagnosis by a pediatric neurologist? There are several different things that are being passed off as a form of autism that arent.. and from what I read and hear others speak of, require different techniques.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

This is good. Should teach parents to be parents and not friends.

I can say it's better for them to be at home and to learn some discipline. Children are far too cared for these days and it makes them unable to understand restraint. They cry, they get a hug and a cookie. They smile, they get a hug and a cookie. The template emotions children have are there to differentiate behavior and learn, not to cuddle bear and do nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Our next door neighbour's boy is autistic and they have had a lot of luck using natural supplement. Glucothiamine is one, and another is cod liver oil. His behaviour improved remarkably after 6 weeks of using them. Try googling autism and natural supplements. Best of luck, tough road.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbc650mike
Kid's really do need a spanking now and then. Spank them, not abuse them, let them cry, then tell them why they got spanked. I know someone who was going to spank his son, and the son picked up the phone and said he would call 911 to report child abuse. WTF? My dad would have whooped even harder if I tried to pull a stunt like that. Im actually glad I was spanked as a kid, teaches discipline and respect.

That's hilarious. When we immigrated to the U.S. ,that's the first law my younger sister learned to use against my parents. When my dad threatened to discipline her, she stood in front of the window and told him she'd call the police. My parents (for whatever reason) took her seriously and didn't do much disciplining after that. It wasn't like the old country.
They didn't know the laws very well, they didn't speak the language at the time, so they were afraid that social services really might come in and take her away from them. Needless to say she grew up to be a spoiled brat, and has been recovering from it ever since.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Funny, I never once mentioned my parents beating me or striking me. Maybe you shouldnt assume.

You said "Id invariably choose spanking. You wont kill me, pain is temporary"

They struck you hard enough to cause you pain - you said it, I didnt assume anything.

and spanking is PHYSICAL ABUSE?? Spanking is striking or beating?? Maybe you need to realize the difference. I also suggest getting out and working with kids and people who arent a carbon copy of you and in your unique circumstance.

link   
One thing I've noticed about parents is that they always have some lame excuse for why their kid is a complete ****head.

My kid is tired.

My kid is cutting his teeth.

My kid is sick.

My kid isn't usually this way.

How about accepting responsibility without providing some pathetic excuse for negative behavior.

link   

I have to get off here pretty soon.. real life calls.. u2u me if you wish and I can give my email.

My oldest is autistic.. and was a handful. Now she is doing very well. High functioner though. Is yours high functioning or what end of the spectrum.. and was your diagnosis by a pediatric neurologist? There are several different things that are being passed off as a form of autism that arent.. and from what I read and hear others speak of, require different techniques.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The "movement is spreading"... thank the gods.

If I want to hear screaming, uncontrollable misfit children, and be around their hippy liberal parents who cant discipline them, Ill go to chucky cheese or another kid place. If I pay 900 dollars for a gigantic leather EZ boy chair in a plane with servants for 12 hours, I sure as hell better not be sitting in ear shot of any wailing brat
edit on 28-7-2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I can tell you though, not too many parents have their young children out after 8 pm, so make your reservations then if you dont want to be around children.

We are very mindful, when making dinner reservations or choosing the time we see a movie, in an effort to avoid screaming children. Believe me, it does not matter. We saw the new Harry Potter movie a few weeks ago and chose the 10:15pm start time, thinking it would guarantee a pleasant movie experience. We were wrong. Two young women came in with four (4) children all under the age of the 3 and those children talked, laughed, played with the adults cell phones, refused to sit still and eventually resorted to crying and screaming. Did those women remove the children from the theater? No. Did anyone, including the children, enjoy the movie? No. Did anyone chance making an even bigger scene by asking them to leave? No.

Would I pay more to see a movie in a theater where children are not allowed? You bet I would.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes Asvantage My little one is high functioning. Glad your daughter is doing well

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum