page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The No-Kids-Allowed Movement is Spreading

shine.yahoo.com

What's the matter with kids today and why doesn't anyone want them around? In June, Malaysia Airlines banned babies from many of their first class cabins, prompting other major airlines to consider similar policies.

Lately, complaints about screaming kids are being taken seriously, not only by airlines, but by hotels, movie theaters, restaurants, and even grocery stores.

(visit the link for the full news article)

+103 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Unfortunately, parents who won't control their kids far outnumber the parents who will, and everybody pays for it.

You think your kids have a "right" to fly? To dine in any restaurant? Here's a clue. They have no right to be anywhere in a private business where the owner does not want them to be. Last I checked, the Constitution says nothing about discrimination against children; in fact, they're discriminated against legally all the time. They can't go into bars, can't see certain movies, can't go in the pool during "adult swim", can't do lots of things.

Some restaurant owners will welcome families with kids. Some will bar them. Each caters to a segment of the population, and their businesses' survival will be determined by how well they do that. If you don't like that Chef Snob won't let your kids eat there, don't eat there yourself. If you like it that Crapplebees welcomes kids, then patronize them with and without your kids. It's called freedom, folks. It works.

shine.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 28-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well said!!

Also, Crapplebees?!

+69 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
You mean I can't bring my screaming out of control kid who I refuse to discipline out to dinner in public?

How inconsiderate.

+117 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thank goodness, because as much as I do like children, the sound of a screeching child is torture to my ears and sours my mood. Especially if the parent does nothing to stop them. I certainly don't blame the child, it's the parents fault for not disciplining them properly.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
to be honest, kids seem to get everywhere and i do find it annoying when I am in a BAR and I can't have a cig outside without worrying the smoke will get into a pram somewhere. the other day i was enjoying a white wine with a friend in a beer garden and a woman had a baby that just screamed from start to finish. we had to wait until the child was between breaths to be able to say things to eachother.

our local bar, sundays are for kids, drawing contests, kiddie theatre etc. I stay away from that. I like kids, but sometimes I just want to go for a quiet drink.
edit on 28-7-2011 by looming because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So what about the kids who are quiet and behave themselves in an exemplary way?

Guess discrimination is the in thing now.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I can remember, years ago (I'm talking geological time here) where a parent would say to a crying child" stop that, or I will give you something to cry about" it very often worked, shame it does not work these days.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Quite the opposite actually. Thanks to an overly litigious society it has to be all or nothing. The moment somebody decided "yea" to one kid and "nay" to another all hell will break loose.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think teen are a bigger problem where I live. I make monthly trips into downtown St. louis and surrounding areas. Next week I have to go and started researching the different places to shop and get some school stuff for my daughter (5). I noticed on a lot of "review" sites (YELP) that there were pretty frightening claims of teen overrunning the shopping areas. The complaints ranged from teens just being teens..to actual physical intimidation, rudeness, etc.

When I was younger the STL galleria was "the" place to go for shopping. It had upscale stores, nice atmosphere and was usually an exciting trip. Now I read that the place is overrun with unruly teens and a lot of people even complained about being frightened and intimidated by them.

WTF happened? Where the heck are their parents? My husband thinks since so many people work that there is no one raising the children anymore. Take my neighbor for example...she has three girls ranging from 5 to 12. They are at home by themselves all day 5 days a week. She works two jobs and is gone from morning until around 12:30 at night..

Sometimes I'm not sure both parents in the workplace is a good idea..i mean look what's happening...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Babies not being allowed on airlines? being on a plane truly is that much closer to heaven.

I do believe that kids should not be allowed in certain places like on airplanes though.

link   
When my daughter was a baby, I timed going to dinner to coincide with her dinner as well. If she ever got to the point where she started making noises, I picked her up, got my check, food to go and left. When she was good(most of the time) she got complimented on being such a well behaved child.

Some parents just eat through that racket for whatever reason. A Child laughs and the restaurant laughs with them, a child screams and the patrons do too. Logically a childs voice is some form of mind control.

link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
I can remember, years ago (I'm talking geological time here) where a parent would say to a crying child" stop that, or I will give you something to cry about" it very often worked, shame it does not work these days.

Not even that. At the very least take the screaming kid outside or away from people. They wont even do that anymore. I sat in a movie with some kid screaming a few rows down for over half an hour. The "adult" just got louder and louder along with the kid. Naturally while on the phone with another person discussing the childs behavior.

link   
reply to post by looming

You do understand that in such situations the babies can feel the increasingly hostile attitude towards them from people who are so stuck up they need to be able to drink their white wine in peace. This results in more crying, which results in more anger etc.

Deny ignorance.

The hell is wrong with you man...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

And nobody went to ask what the problem was or if she's okay?

Disturbing if nobody did that...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the no kids allowed movement.

Why should I be subjected to your kids whining, screaming and moaning when I"m trying to enjoy the world. Heres a clue for all you parents out there: Your kid is not special. There I said it.

Now smack him upside the head when he messes up, praise him when do actually does something worth praising and quit trying to be friends with your kids...that happens when your kids are adults. Your kids are kids, deal with it.

What cracks me up is all these parents (my friends included) who try to rationalize with kids, they try to explain to them why they can't eat rat poison or drive the car. They're kids! They're stupid! Their brains aren't even ready for rationality until middle school. Punish your damn children, dont treat them like they're the judge at your parenting trail.

The no spanking movement has created a generation of American kids who are obnoxious and lack self discipline.
Heres a secret: its ok to hit your kids. Theyre kids. Not pricelss ming vases. I'm talking punishment here, not abuse and yes theyre different things.

(disclaimer: not all parents and kids are like this but, it seems, terrible parents and children are EVERYWHERE!!)

I am a parent who has decided against corporal punishment, but that doesn't mean that I think it would work for all parents and I respect their family decision on whatever method works for them. I did slap the hands and yell at them when they tried to touch the oven in order to give them a healthy fear of and respect for the appliance that could do some damage. I have seen some truly out of control kids who are hit, and quite frequently, that do not have the self control and discipline of my oldest at 3.75 years. It's all about selecting a method of punishment and being consistent with the rules and expectations. And you can rationalize with children, you just need to use terms they understand.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
For people who do not have children, or for people who teach their children to behave, unruly children are a horror. I agree that everyone should not have to put up with children who do not behave, who's parents do not teach them to behave. So as the song goes, "Teach your children well". Take responsibility for your children.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

I agree. I always thought it was wrong when school teachers did it and I still think it's wrong now. Everybody should NOT be punished for the transgressions of the few. It is the few who should be punished.

Kids are a part of society and should be treated as such but as a society we have become way too tolerant of obviously #ty parenting. It was common when I was a kid (in the 70s) for random old ladies to scold ANY kid they saw misbehaving in public.

Now the culture is 'my kid my business' and usually the worst parents are the ones that take the most offense to strangers 'interfering'.

Perhaps a bargain - businesses allow kids, but only on the condition that if they misbehave the staff have the right to verbally correct the child, and if the parents object, buh-bye.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join