It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Nobama

A few shots are enough to disperse a crowd of thousands, regardless if half of you are armed, a few handguns is no match for a professionally trained army.

Please dispatch a courier as soon as possible, to bring this news to Al-Qaeda and those peski Taliban fighters. I hear the Iraqi insurgents have cell phones now, so we can just text 'em. The Taliban though, don't have service in their caves, so we'll need to actually send someone to personally tell them that they're no match for the worlds most modern, well-equipped and trained army in the world.

Too bad nobody thought to tell them all this a decade ago...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by tonyinawareness

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
So, um, isn't this against the Constitution? Also, doesn't this pretty much blatantly show that something is very, very wrong?

What is against the Constitution ? having troops deployed at home? I think not especially when you have the war powers enacted so because your country is in a constant state of emergency a lot more can happen without any say from your congress and you individual rights could be trampled in a min.
Posse Comitatus has already been suspended since 2006.

September 19, 2006: Defense Authorization Act Gives Bush Enhanced Ability to Declare Martial Law, Suspend Posse Comitatus
Edit event

President Bush signs the 2007 Defense Authorization Act into law. The bill contains a provision that allows the president to more easily declare “martial law” in the US. If Bush or a successor does so, the bill gives the administration the ability to strip much of state governors’ powers over their National Guards and relegate that authority to the federal government. ......

According to wiki , the section that allowed this was repealed in 2008.

so another bit of disinfo from the CT's

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jaycen420

This is a violation of the The Posse Comitatus Act of the USA.

so many people are so ignorant about the provisions of this act!!

Having troops prepared for civil emergency is not a breach of the act.

the act prohibits using federal troops for LAW ENFORCMENT - ie arresting people & detaining them, etc. There are a lot of activities they can be used for in an emergency that do not breach that standard.

And even then they can be allowed to do so by congress so it is not a blanket ban as many seem to think

Here's a rundown from wiki - en.wikipedia.org...

Deny some ignorance - go have a look at what the act actually means!

As for shipping armoured vehicles around by train - how on earth do you think they get moved around?? how do they get from teh manufacturer to operational units? How do operational units shift them from their bases to embarcation points? Or how are reserve/replacement/repaired vehicles shifted to and from embarcation points and reserve parks, etc??

edit on 25-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hey Americans!!!1!

how is all that military up in your CONUS felling? Usually they are doing business outside your CONUS, but now!! Well, I tell you I wouldn't want to be in that position!

Seriously, I think that, in reality, the real choices are up to each soldier (military in general) to choose how bad are they going to allow being manipulated into doing what they are suppose to be avoiding.

Sad thing is, mind control works on many levels.

Peace
* CONtinental US.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

Hey Americans!!!1! how is all that military up in your CONUS felling? Usually they are doing business outside your CONUS, but now!! Well, I tell you I wouldn't want to be in that position!

As soon as you explain what a CONUS is, we will be happy to tell you.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
More ATS sensationalism.

I am willing to bet my house, my car and my ATS membership that absolutely nothing comes of this.
No military rule, no martial law nothing...

You do know that most countries have a few thousand troops set to internal duties.
In fact, I think every country does. Its nothing new.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
Hey Americans!!!1!

how is all that military up in your CONUS felling? Usually they are doing business outside your CONUS, but now!! Well, I tell you I wouldn't want to be in that position!

No, actually they usually are NOT doing all their business outside the continental USA - there are normally a million or so troops in the continental USA - 941,000 according to wiki as of 31 Dec 2009.....

Sad thing is, mind control works on many levels.

Yep - but the most common seems to be that it reduces teeh person being controlled to a state of stupidity.....

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Deny some ignorance - go have a look at what the act actually means! As for shipping armoured vehicles around by train - how on earth do you think they get moved around?? how do they get from teh manufacturer to operational units? How do operational units shift them from their bases to embarcation points? Or how are reserve/replacement/repaired vehicles shifted to and from embarcation points and reserve parks, etc??

Duh......the military has hecka more advanced technology than we know about. They use teleportation machines to beam their equipment to the battlefield. This way, they can move the equipment without being detected by enemy radar and stuff.

Dude, do your research. You should already know this, especially since you are here on ATS a lot.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
and i thought that marshal law and FEMA camps were all internet conspiracies..

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

uh ohoh there's trouble in America

Only a matter of time now. hope you guys fight back and kick their asses
edit on 25-7-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Deny some ignorance - go have a look at what the act actually means! As for shipping armoured vehicles around by train - how on earth do you think they get moved around?? how

Duh......the military has hecka more advanced technology than we know about. They use teleportation machines to beam their equipment to the battlefield. This way, they can move the equipment without being detected by enemy radar and stuff.

Dude, do your research. You should already know this, especially since you are here on ATS a lot.

Oh yeah - forgot about all that stuff....silly me.....

thanks for setting me straight!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
That many boots on the ground is peanuts. Unless they plan to travel together t0uring city to city, giving giving insurgents "americans" the smack down ?

All jokes aside, this does not mean it is not the precursor for the shape of things to come. Perhaps this is just the tip of the sword? So instead of announcing a million man military force you slowly ramp up 200,000 here, 500,000 there right under our noses so the reality of it does not slap us awake! Because this is how THEY usually do things. Our civil liberties were not stripped over night now were they? It took 10 years of indoctrination to get where we are today. The decline of western civilization. They raided the reserves, downgraded our way of living.. middle class to poor, rich to richer.Used our servicemen to raid sovereign nations for weapons contractors, oil profits. Last time this happened the people got on a boat and sailed away to the new world and even then THEY wanted that too... and they got it. The bankers, the corporate the elite have made it clear who the military works for the military is just a pawn.

This debt crisis will lead to civil unrest you can bet. To have these boots on the ground for a "just in case" scenario that happens to be expensive when we are in a financial situation makes no sense. And the timing? I would bet you they ramp up to a million in the coming months.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Oh yeah - forgot about all that stuff....silly me..... thanks for setting me straight!

No problem, dude. That's what we are here for......to deny ignorance and awaken sheeple like yourself .

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seems plausable, with the announcement on the 2nd of aug if your goin to default or not, if the decision goes that you do default, the country will probly be in panic and marshal law will most likley be enforced untill it blows over (if it does, because if america defaults, then the whole world will feel the effect harshley).

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
polititician scare tactic on debt ceiling, sorry, not working.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
20,000 is a small number of troops as our military goes.it would seem a normal situation ..troops coming back from over seas ect. Not enough to stop a revolt.

The question I have is how did they collect the guns in Aussi Land ..without them putting up a fight ?
Did they use NATO troops door to door ?

Lots to trained veterans here..90% probably have weapons..

I prefer the word revolution ...as its like a wheel it keeps rolling back into your face !!!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

I said that a week ago, they may even just happen to compromise and pull a rabbit out of a hat at the last minute. But i see nothing to gain politically scaring the elderly and disabled? This is making both parties look like a joke because they are. It is not one sided it is an issue of our leaders incompetence and mismanagement.

Lets say y0u are a manager at McDonalds and at the end of the night the cash door comes up short every night a few cents here, a few dollars there. Because the manager gave change to his friends and fellow employees. The franchise would fire the manager. We are the franchise and they work for us. However they are insubordinate "left and right" and are refusing to do the job they were appointed to do.

The answer is always put boots on the ground, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya whenever there is a problem Let the military handle it. Don't think they wont do it here.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
The question I have is how did they collect the guns in Aussi Land ..without them putting up a fight ?

They did a buy-back Gun politics in Australia - it cose AU$500 million, and was widely supported by the public.

Did they use NATO troops door to door ?

ROFL - what a typical closed minded attitude - as if it is not possible for a civil population to think that widespread gun ownership is actually a bad thing!

Lots to trained veterans here..90% probably have weapons..

most probably don't - Australia is not of the same mindset as the USA in regard to weapons at all!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Congress and the president are fighting to buy time.

Wish them luck.

20,000 is nothing to worry about, someone let me know when they deploy 300,000.

By the way, I was stuck in traffic on I-65 in Indiana southbound on Saturday, it was a military convoy, many miles long... I thought it was weekend warriors, may have been, but it was too long and too many... Not sure where they were headed... Their speed maximum was 50 MPH, they need to fix that if they are going to be doing much of this.

I felt sorry for the young soldiers in full gear in the back of those trucks... The heat was insane, and they all looked miserable. Get them some air conditioning!

Terror attacks? possibly

Civil unrest? Likely, if there is an economic collapse.

Who knows?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Congress and the president are fighting to buy time.

Wish them luck.

20,000 is nothing to worry about, someone let me know when they deploy 300,000.

there are already about 1 million service personnel in the USA - there alays have been...always will be as long as you have a large military.

Are you now worried??

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join