It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Deploying 20,000 Troops In U.S.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
"."

northbound train heading towards sacramento, bay area, ca. taken july 24th
edit on 25-7-2011 by thepupils because: trying to post pic properly, apologies first time poster

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Tried to post this story to my facebook page, got this error message: "This message contains blocked content that has previously been flagged as abusive or spammy. Let us know if you think this is an error."

I find that almost as disturbing as the article itself.
edit on 25-7-2011 by ErasmusSB654 because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Surely American troops wouldn't take action against their own people???

I know British troops wouldn't.

TBH this "civil unrest" won't be due to a terrorist attack, it will be due to economic meltdown.

ALS

There's only ONE thing Americans "hate" worse than foreigners: POOR VERSIONS OF OURSELVES

Just look at the ex-military crowd. Where do we find them? LAW ENFORCEMENT. In other words, beating the crap out of the poor and disenfranchised.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Wow, open plans to use the military against U.S citizens. Of course, it will be in the name of terrorism or protecting infrastructure, but we all know the game by now.

If mass protests happened you'll be begging and praying for more militants to protect you from looters and rapists... But obviously you think the general public are all good guys and the only bad guys in the world is "them"...

The military will be the ones saving your ass.

Correct. In N.O. after hurricane Katrina what did the police do??

They ran.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
""

"404 Not Found"

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jaycen420

This is a violation of the The Posse Comitatus Act of the USA.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by kykweer

Wow, open plans to use the military against U.S citizens. Of course, it will be in the name of terrorism or protecting infrastructure, but we all know the game by now.

If mass protests happened you'll be begging and praying for more militants to protect you from looters and rapists... But obviously you think the general public are all good guys and the only bad guys in the world is "them"...

The military will be the ones saving your ass.

Correct. In N.O. after hurricane Katrina what did the police do??

Not to much I think the whole world knows that.

However when the state is doing something many people still whines... but yes of course it is good to have backup plans. Think about all of Africa storming you because you have no protection? Not nice right?

Thanks,
They ran.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
20,000 troops isn't many, really. one soldier for about 15,000 people. a city with a million people would only get about 60 troops. doesn't seem like too much of a big deal.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

What makes you think they would be deployed primarily to western states? I would think the primary targets would be large cities nationwide especially those with high levels of poverty, gang activity, etc. I would also think that states with less restrictive gun laws would be a concern for them as well due to the fact that less restriction equal better armed civilians. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
"."

edit on 25-7-2011 by thepupils because: trying to post pic properly, apologies first time poster

I honestly dont think that the trains really mean anything cause if it were for something evil i dont think they would have them in the open like that. I think they would be concealed so we couldnt see what they were transporting, or where they are going
edit on 25-7-2011 by jaycen420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

Please don´t forget to mention Justin Beibers haircut. Text

LMAO........

Wow.........

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When you join the military, you have to take an oath:

Oath of Enlistment

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

AGAIN: FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow! There is a lot of information to go through here. 20 pages and counting. This may have been covered here all ready, but...

Any Federal troop deployment would be in a support capacity to the National Guard in the event of a natural disaster or terror attack. Since the civil war, federal troops are not to be deployed domestically except in that capacity.

20,000 is not that many in the grand scheme of things, but if they are positioned to be "overseers" for the National Guard, it could be enough. Chain of command could be like this...Dictator-in-...excuse me...Commander-in-Chief -> Federal Troops -> National Guard -> Local Law Enforcement.

You could wrap a lot of the things on ATS into this. False Flags leading to Marshall Law, a real terror attack, comet ELEnin, economic collapse, take your pick. The truth is that "we the people" won't know what's going on until TPTB want us to, and then only WHAT they want us to.

Keep watching. Remember the "little" things that kind of go under the radar on the newscasts is what you should really pay attention to.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
20,000 troops, mmmm, thats only like 150,000 to 1.... wouldn't want to be the military
I Don't think..... There's alot of armed citizens, and do you wonder why we need to be? for horse# like our own government turning against us. It's all meaningless for them to come up with laws inspired to stop patriots and instead call them terrorists. I can tell you this........ once the snowball gets moving, I wouldn't want to be a politition either. I'm sure there will be all kinds of stories of them meeting very unpleasant demise's, not unlike the French Revolution.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

These troops will be the 20,000 male and female gay soldiers that are in the US armed forces and they will be wanting to get revenge on all the "straight" people who despise these homosexuals and lesbians.
Watch out, getting cought be them will be painful!
LOL.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonyinawareness

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
So, um, isn't this against the Constitution? Also, doesn't this pretty much blatantly show that something is very, very wrong?

What is against the Constitution ? having troops deployed at home? I think not especially when you have the war powers enacted so because your country is in a constant state of emergency a lot more can happen without any say from your congress and you individual rights could be trampled in a min.
Posse Comitatus has already been suspended since 2006.

September 19, 2006: Defense Authorization Act Gives Bush Enhanced Ability to Declare Martial Law, Suspend Posse Comitatus
Edit event

President Bush signs the 2007 Defense Authorization Act into law. The bill contains a provision that allows the president to more easily declare “martial law” in the US. If Bush or a successor does so, the bill gives the administration the ability to strip much of state governors’ powers over their National Guards and relegate that authority to the federal government. Congress is likely to challenge that provision in the future. The bill makes significant changes to the Insurrection Act that allows the president to invoke the Act during events such as natural disasters, and thereby suspend the 1878 Posse Comitatus Act that prevents the US military from acting in a law enforcement capacity. Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) says, “[W]e certainly do not need to make it easier for Presidents to declare martial law. Invoking the Insurrection Act and using the military for law enforcement activities goes against some of the central tenets of our democracy.” [US Senate, 9/19/2006] The relevant section of the bill is entitled “Use of the Armed Forces in Major Public Emergencies.” This section states that “the President may employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States, the President determines that domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of… maintaining public order, in order to suppress, in any State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy.” [US Congress, 9/19/2006] GlobalResearch’s Frank Morales will write that the new law allows the federal government to, if it chooses, “commandeer guardsmen from any state, over the objections of local governmental, military, and local police entities; ship them off to another state; conscript them in a law enforcement mode; and set them loose against ‘disorderly’ citizenry….” Under the new law, the federal government may more easily order National Guard troops to round up and detain protesters, illegal aliens, “potential terrorists,” and just about anyone else, and ship them off to detention facilities. Those facilities were contracted out for construction to KBR, a subsidiary of Halliburton, in January 2006, according to the Journal of Counterterrorism and Homeland Security International, at a cost of $385 million over five years. The Journal noted that “the contract is to be executed by the US Army Corps of Engineers… for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing [immigration] Detention and Removal Operations (DRO)—in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the US, or to support the rapid development of new programs.” [GlobalResearch (.ca), 10/29/2006] Virtually no Congressional lawmakers seriously objected to the bill’s provision during debate. One of the few exceptions is Leahy, who will, six weeks later, sharply criticize the provision during debate over a separate piece of legislation. Leahy will say, “Using the military for law enforcement goes against one of the founding tenets of our democracy, and it is for that reason that the Insurrection Act has only been invoked on three—three—[occasions] in recent history. The implications of changing the Act are enormous, but this change was just slipped in the defense bill as a rider with little study. Other congressional committees with jurisdiction over these matters had no chance to comment, let alone hold hearings on, these proposals.… This is a terrible blow against rational defense policy-making and against the fabric of our democracy. Since hearing word a couple of weeks ago that this outcome was likely, I have wondered how Congress could have gotten to this point.… [I]t seems the changes to the Insurrection Act have survived… because the Pentagon and the White House want it.… Because of this rubberstamp Congress,… [w]e fail the National Guard, which expects great things from us as much as we expect great things from them. And we fail our Constitution, neglecting the rights of the States, when we make it easier for the president to declare martial law and trample on local and state sovereignty.”

Link

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfenz

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
reply to post by Nobama

A few shots are enough to disperse a crowd of thousands, regardless if half of you are armed, a few handguns is no match for a professionally trained army.

WHAT ! ?? OMFG !

You do realize that There are Veterans From those Military Force Branches 30 Years Worth that is Still Capable Handling a Military Weapon or Vehicle ( Jet Planes Helicopters to a Jeep/hummer to a Tank )
To Take Over ...

Now Times That From the Discharge (times up , going Home did my 4 to 8+ years ) of Soldiers Every Year!
Especially the Recent One's that are Against the Deployment in Iraq and Afghanistan

In every Branch and they are Professional Trained and Im just talking The Military !!

Dont forget others Like Retired LEO's SWAT Teams ETC..Survivalist & .Militia Groups Most are Veterans that Are Out of the Cloud ! and have Been Awaken !

Hell a Least 80% of The Mohawk Warriors Society are Veteran Marines in My Area OLD & The Recent New

And what about the Many Manufacturers of Hunting Weapons & Ammunition Rounds Would they Seize!
or Would they Continue Supplying Regardless

I Would think IF this comes about.. The Majority of Americans GOVT Laws and Regulation would not Apply anymore! Individuals Would build Their Own Weapons and Americans Would be pretty Much be like
the tribal people Afghanistan have been doing in the last 40 years ! Duplicating Other Well Known Weapons , Crudely made but its effective to do the Job ..

edit on 25-7-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

Lol... you make it seem like the US is a pure military state...

Well wake up, you're the US, not a modern sparta where men were born to only 1 purpose.

And yes, hes right... the people will be scare sh*tless and will disperse as soon as they see the military shooting the first one. It will be mass panic or otherwise called "routing".

Now in the aftermath, yes you may be right... a resistance can be organized etc etc, but do not count on the "ppl" to face the army... just a few minority will join the "resistance". Unless you're highly motivated (ex religious fanatic) you cant, and you're not trained as a civilian endure the psychological pressure of consecutive loss of men, women, children, dying next to you etc. You will give up at some point. This isnt the Terminator.

Pockets of resistance will be crushed because the army has almost an infinite amount of means to get you out. Hell even you manage to last for a week, as soon as you cross the "acceptable numbers" that the army has established, they just prolly blow you up with a tactical nuke and be done with it.

Plus you have the numbers but you dont have the arsenal and again the means to endure a fight against the army... unless you know some friends who own a few M1s and Apaches... which you dont.

So dont underestimate the army based on numbers. I rather have 2 lions guarding my lawn than 1000 kittens. Numbers mean nothing these days... maybe in ancient times but not today. A single 6-8 man specialized team... like your deltas can, alone, prolly wipe out a whole town before the sunrise.

But... doom and gloom away... I dont think this deployment of troops mean anything... I just found this comment funny in some ways.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but how is the credibility of your OP linked source?
theintelhub.com

All other sources seem to originate in late 2008 except for your linked blog. The information there goes on to suggest comet Elenin is not really a comet and we are being lied to.

It appears the ELENIN is some type of advanced warning system (used in conjunction with NASA’s JPL) for the elites, upper echelon military, and people in-the-know to decipher upcoming earth change events prompted by another object (classified) that has entered our solar system.

Notice how Elenin is spelled (ELENIN), it's used as an acronym.

ELENIN, according to some researchers stands for Extinction Level Event Notable Impact November — also encoded into the name is Elevin Nine (Nov. 9), and LEONID (a meteor shower that peaks in November).

Appears to me that this is one big HOAX predicated on the old news article. Elenin is not an acronym for Extinction Level Event nor is it some coded message. So is there anything to this new blog you linked that actually is true?
At least I now know where to buy radiation filters.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I thought this was against the Constitution but then again I dont know everything
Canadian Government has done it in the past (oka Kanasatiki)

being an ex service man (British Army) I would hang for treason before takeing arms aginst my own Countrymen

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitandsnot
20,000 troops isn't many, really. one soldier for about 15,000 people. a city with a million people would only get about 60 troops. doesn't seem like too much of a big deal.

Honestly it isn't a big deal at all.

But it is funny to see people try to pretend it isn't happening...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join