It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances of so many coincidences in Deep Impact?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Interested. Can you link us to that info?

TIA

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well Elenin isn't supposed to hit us, but we are supposed to go through its tail. I agree that this movie is predictive programming as much as almost every other Hollywood film. I am not completely concerned, but I'd just pay attention. Universe does reward those who listen and pay attention..nuff said

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Fact can often be found in fiction. Now...lets review what we all can agree is fact regarding TPTB; they lie habitually to the masses, have built vast underground shelters, have technology that is more advanced than the public is aware of, are at the point were the masses are no longer needed to sustain their bloated lives, have created a culture of fear and death worldwide, and are presently practicing genocide as a means to their ends. Is Deep Impact, and other fiction, giving us bits of truth wrapped in improbable crap? I think yes. It seems apparent to me that there is more truth in select entertainment than in the mainstream news. Are we going to get hit by some comet/asteroid that causes an E.L.E. in the near future? Probably not, but it certainly is possible in my opinion. I think it's more probable that TPTB will cause an engineered E.L.E. -One thing is for sure, and that's when something serious is coming down the line, they will certainly keep it on a need to know basis.

p.s. TPTB are certainly behaving as if something big and out of their control is coming soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hey,

I only noticed it because I had recently watched a video of some guy in Russia on his way to work and videoed two suns so when I was watching deep impact (its been on twice in the last two months!) there was this scene I think where the journalist was after talking to her mother and in the sky above the skyline were two suns as opposed to the sun and a comet! Anyway, I had a look on youtube and couldnt find an exerpt that shows that particular scene and but Im sure its about half way through!

Sorry! Unless someone wants to watch the whole movie and let us know......I'm in work....eh....working....so....

edit on 20-7-2011 by soundofathousandbirds because: Im an idiot

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

What about this: Elenin is not the direct threat, it will cause the real threat!

While Astronomers and Niburu watchers discuss about Elenin, the real threat is 2005YU 55, distracted by Elenin. Read these facts, acknowleged by NASA and Leonid Elenin (If he is real)

Fact 1: On 11th september 2011, 2005YU 55 will align with Sun and Comet Elenin.

Fact 2: At that same moment (9-11-2011) Comet Elenin will be at its closest point to the Sun. (perihelion)

Fact 3: According to Leonid Elenin himself, Comet Elenin can evaporate at that moment. (see comments on: spaceobs.org...

Fact 4: Comet Elenin has effected Earth everytime our planet was in alignment with it and the sun. But still NASA can not determine the mass and gravity force of Elenin for there have not been changes in other planet's orbits yet.

Fact 5: But 2005YU 55 is very small, therefore NASA can also not assure that Comet Elenin wil not affect 2005YU 55's orbit.....

Fact 6: And what if Comet Elenin will affect the orbit of 2005YU 55? Depending on the change this NEO can collide with our Earth or Moon...

Fact 7: Government and NASA therefore MUST be watching 2005YU 55 closely after 9-11, to calculate if there will be an impact.

(I belive this is a) Fact 8: But they will not tell us about it until some days before impact.

Is there anyone in position to hack NASA, or leak info from the government and NASA? And share the info with us?

You can save a lot of lives.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Just like 9/11 was predicted way before in the Long Kiss Goodnight...

This is weird. I don't know whether Hollywood is actually giving us hints of the future or their movies are pure fictional and don't mean anything..

edit on 20-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sundaysnack
reply to post by Signals

What about this: Elenin is not the direct threat, it will cause the real threat!

Is there anyone in position to hack NASA, or leak info from the government and NASA? And share the info with us?

You can save a lot of lives.

I definitely agree that the threat isn't of impact - more of the affect on Earth. There is a lot of scientific evidence floating around about the connections of those alignments and earthquakes. My biggest thought was what would happen when Elenin gets that close to the sun? I mean... it's been in a very frozen space for a long time... and now it's being pulled closer to the sun than we are.... it's going to get hot really quick. And on top of that, no one is agreeing on what it's chemical composition is. So... we really have absolutely no clue about what it's going to do or how it's going to affect the multiple celestial bodies around it.

As for hacking?? I'm sure if anyone was able to hack NASA, they would get caught reeeeaaalllllyyy quick. Then again, it took them awhile to find the Anon hackers.
edit on 20-7-2011 by CeeRZ because: additional info

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Certainly a good bunch of coincidences... But who and how -whoever it was- had advanced knowledge of it and why put it in a film?

EDIT: and answering your question title: really few, that's true. I have to agree.

edit on 20/7/11 by AboveTheTrees because: to add

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Has anyone ever noticed how that huge wave came in from the east, but the impact was in the north? surely the wave should have come down from the north? not the east?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Hmmmm, thanks for that, amazing "coincidence".
Actually it's pretty much what really happened.

I've seen that a bunch of times, can't believe I missed it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Thanks, you are the first poster to answer the question,

I was thinking 1%? 5%?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
definitely worth a watch too-

interesting tie-in with the Illuminati Card Game-

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
perhaps the script writer of deep impact had info from the future......if not than look who financed the making of the movie...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
personally i think the movie "Wag the dog " stands a better chances of being a real event, but then time will tell.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Elenin has a better PR person than Honda....that's all!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sadly I read your entire post. While some of your conclusions of the links between reality and a 10 year old movie are intriguing most border on complete nonsense. Let me give you a few examples.

* first, the obvious - Morgan Freeman, black president, Barack Obama. Both of 'em have grey hair too. Through the Wormhole, eh? Let's dig a little deeper...

Black guys with grey hair....as far as proving a case of Elenin striking the earth this one is, I want to be nice, ummm....is not good. And Obama did not star in "Into the Wormhole", so where is that connection? Let's dig a little deeper.

* Discoverer of comet in movie - LEO.....Elenin discoverer also named LEO.

Named after the Russian Astronomer Leonid Elenin, how many people you know have a nickname for their surname? This one is stretching but amusing.

* the movie mentions we have 2 weeks to solve a budget crisis....SOUND FAMILIAR?

Their budget crisis revolves around not being able to hide the space station budget any longer. The real world budget problems center around spending money that isn't there and then printing money that we don't have.

in the movie, we constuct a ship named "Messiah"...MeSSIah....SSI...ISS ?

What about the other letters? I see Messi in there, is a famous soccer player going to save the planet? People find what they want in words and numbers, that isn't evidence.

* in the movie the shuttle Atlantis is sent up to join the craft Messiah, hmmmmm, Atlantis, what's it been up to lately?

this one, as far as conspiracies go, I like. But elaborate...what has it been up to lately? Do you have anything more specific? It is docked with the ISS but does that mean it is building a new space craft?

* in the movie, resignation of a president's cabinet member. Our current Sec. of the Treasury Geithner is set to resign www.theatlanticwire.com...

Read what you wrote... Tax dodging TREASURY Sec. Geithner, how is he involved with building a space station? People resign from presidential cabinets all the time.

* in the movie, the President says August 16th is Doomsday. October 16th is Elenin's closest approach to Earth. Comet Honda will be closest to Earth on what day - I'll give you one guess

This one I like as well but we'll just have to wait and see.

* in the movie, the President says we are bringing home the troops, to help with unrest at home, and to be with their families. Obama just announced we are bringing home 33,000 troops.

This isn't a shock those troop coming home were part of a temporary "surge". I think he would need more that 33,000 to pacify a nation of over 3 million.

in the movie, they are building huge underground bunkers across the planet....So are we.

* in the movie, the President speaks of large vaults of stored seeds, yes, we have those too.

yes we do.

* star in the movie - Tea LEOni

* anybody notice how cable tv is showing this movie more and more lately?

Just when some of your points were starting to make a little sense BAM! You strike with this one, for the love God man, really? So a producer in Hollywood had prior knowledge of a comet strike and hired an actress not because of her acting ability but because she/he liked her name?

And no I haven't seen it on more, you got figures on that?

Disaster movies are a great genre of movies and hollywood has been making them for a long time.

You do know Bruce Willis is just an actor right?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder
reply to post by Signals

True,Im a firm believer that there is no such thing as a coincidence but if a big honkin space rock is headed our way theres not a lot you or me can do about it except put our head between our legs and kiss our collective @rses goodbye

actually there is a lot we could do about it...not necissarily to stop it but I guarentee you that If I and probably many others knew a comet was coming by XX date...I would be living my life completely differently until the end...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sundaysnack

this vid suggest that elenin will collide with 1993VD asteroid... sending debris to earth....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You are forgetting one obvious thing. Money.

"We've spent more than we can easily hide."

We were playing around with conspiracy theories and Hollywood the other day and I said, "Hey, nearly every first world government is deep in debt. Where the heck did all that capital go?" It's not only us. It's Greece, Ireland, Italy, Spain, England. I could go on and on.

So, do you think the deficit is all about the recession, or are we theoretically having some big spending hidden from us?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The "facts" in the video and the thread are merely conjectures. While there do seem to be a lot of similarities, that's only because of how hard people are looking to find them.

Here's what I mean. Let's say I have a sheep. We'll call him Leonard

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4eadad0591e.jpg[/atsimg]

If I were to make a movie about this awesome little fellow on youtube, someone would try to say I was alluding to a comet killing everyone for several reasons:

1) The sheep is a white fluffy thing with a tail, clearly it's a metaphor for a comet.
2) Leonard must mean something: Life Ending Orbit, North America Really Dies
3) I have a telescope and a youtube video with a sheep in it.

I could go on and on. But my point is, finding a coincidence like this is bound to happen if you look at small bits and pieces to paint the picture you want to paint.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join