It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances of so many coincidences in Deep Impact?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by copernicus2012
Ok......Personally I love these kinds off threads!!! It's 4:10 am where I am right now and it gives me something to Watch and Read. I don't care how doom and gloom it is, it's entreating as he'll and some one to want o go through the trouble of embedding these videos and writing a small synopsis well quite frankly you have my vote to continue!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread, but it fits in this one much better. Kind of a sideways coincidence but two of the actors, playing an astronaut and a reporter were the same 2 actors that played President Elias Martinez (another black president) and Leader of the Aliens Sophia in the recent TV series "The Event". That show was said to be predictive programming as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

in the movie, the President says August 16th is Doomsday. October 16th is Elenin's closest approach to Earth. Comet Honda will be closest to Earth on what day - I'll give you one guess

August 15th 2011 is the exact date.

Remember that Comet Honda is still 8.98 million kilometers away from the earth which is far more closer than elenin will ever be (274 million kilometers)

NEO site

JPL link

From what I have learned, both are not worth worrying about but I cannot for the life of me understand why people are not making a fuss about Comet Honda if there is to be a fuss of any kind as it comes much closer.

Ah well, must be the name I guess.

edit on 20-7-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Well said.

So, is the collective conscious waking up?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

I am sure there are more but that's all I've got for now.

Anybody really think this is all just coincidence?

Anybody got Bruce Willis' phone number?

Some will claim it's a coincidence, I personally don't think so. I am currently on the fence as to whether Comet Elenin even exists. So from that you can gather than I don't think for one second Elenin will be an impact event.
Elenin is not the problem, if it exists, it will miss us by millions of miles.

My theory is that TPTB are intentionally mirroring events from the movie to lesson the effect of coming news. An impact event of non-extinction proportions.

You could ask why will the 'fake birth certificate' not go away? Is it because they want you to know/believe he has been 'planted' there for a reason? Then again, maybe it's just because some people don't like him.

It's probably worth pointing out also, that the events of 9/11 also mimicked a scene from the movie 'Armageddon'. But just one scene, visually.

As for Bruce's phone number, I got it, but with the recent phone hacking dramas, its probably best I dont give it out!

st.
edit on 20-7-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by SatoriTheory because: hmmm

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well that is interesting.

This is one of 4 movies that truly freaked me out and still do each time I watch them. It take a lot to scare me in a movie and this one and "The Day After Tomorrow" are tops...followed by "Signs" and "War of the Worlds."

These certainly are a lot of coincidences!

If it is just that then it's a good one...if not

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
well, it is a coincidence. I would say the real elenin..even the way it just happened to be 'discovered' is remarkable to say the least but for the other stuff..black president.. i think there are plenty of that if you go back long enough, it was the idea then..just as 'a woman president' can be marketed...throw in the budget, resignations, spendthrifting..welcome to the politics of every known government my friend

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

From what I have learned, both are not worth worrying about but I cannot for the life of me understand why people are not making a fuss about Comet Honda if there is to be a fuss of any kind as it comes much closer.

Because it's named after a rather dull motorbike and car manufacturer - therefore the comet itself must be rather dull and really not worth worrying about.

Whereas Elenin is named after, er, some place in Russia no-one has heard of ...... but the first 3 letters were once used in a film to mean something therefore it must mean this comet will destroy the entire world (ie the USA).

Obvious innit

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
All your threads sound like they are made by a paranoid schizophrenic to be honest.

Coincidences are just coincidences...it happens.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

* anybody notice how cable tv is showing this movie more and more lately?

YOU are NOT kidding there.. Think we've had Deep Impact and Armageddon repeating on Sky for the past few weeks.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Well that is interesting.

This is one of 4 movies that truly freaked me out and still do each time I watch them. It take a lot to scare me in a movie and this one and "The Day After Tomorrow" are tops...followed by "Signs" and "War of the Worlds."

These certainly are a lot of coincidences!

If it is just that then it's a good one...if not

Those were good movies, (well I disagree with the Day after Tomorrow, personally) but one you forgot...Knowing.
That movie really struck a chord with me. Just watched it again last week. Throughout the movie you see leaves and wind blowing, showing to me, it was fall. And it was. The date of the giant solar flare in that movie, October 19th.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
All your threads sound like they are made by a paranoid schizophrenic to be honest.

Coincidences are just coincidences...it happens.

Thank You for this honest review of my ATS posting history.

I would like to have you dig deeper and tell me where I should go next, any advice is appreciated.

You are a Doctor, right?

Back on topic