It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances of so many coincidences in Deep Impact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If you've read any of my posts you'll know I tend to look at "coincidence" in modern film, IMO the TPTB like to rub our noses in it.

And YES, I am aware of the ATS search function and of all the similar threads about Elenin - Deep Impact. In the interest of keeping this info fresh, I am posting this.

I think it is crucial you look at all the similarities between the movie Deep Impact and what is unfolding before us right now.

Ran across this video, it puts it all together nicely:

Shocking similarities between the movie and the present-

* first, the obvious - Morgan Freeman, black president, Barack Obama. Both of 'em have grey hair too. Through the Wormhole, eh? Let's dig a little deeper...

* Discoverer of comet in movie - LEO.....Elenin discoverer also named LEO.

* the movie mentions we have 2 weeks to solve a budget crisis....SOUND FAMILIAR?

* in the movie, we constuct a ship named "Messiah"...MeSSIah....SSI...ISS ?

* in the movie the shuttle Atlantis is sent up to join the craft Messiah, hmmmmm, Atlantis, what's it been up to lately?

* in the movie, resignation of a president's cabinet member. Our current Sec. of the Treasury Geithner is set to resign www.theatlanticwire.com...

* in the movie, the President says August 16th is Doomsday. October 16th is Elenin's closest approach to Earth. Comet Honda will be closest to Earth on what day - I'll give you one guess

* in the movie, the President says we are bringing home the troops, to help with unrest at home, and to be with their families. Obama just announced we are bringing home 33,000 troops.

* in the movie, they are building huge underground bunkers across the planet....So are we.

* in the movie, the President speaks of large vaults of stored seeds, yes, we have those too.

* star in the movie - Tea LEOni

* anybody notice how cable tv is showing this movie more and more lately?

I am sure there are more but that's all I've got for now.

Anybody really think this is all just coincidence?

Anybody got Bruce Willis' phone number?

a similar thread, although I am sure there are more - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-7-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It is a movie that was written about an event on this world. Given our politics and abilities. It is very likely that people who helped write the script consulted experts in the field.

This is a coincidence. The movie Pi had a line. If you look for something hard enough, you'll find it everywhere..
edit on 20-7-2011 by etombo because: words

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Don't forget the part where Morgan Freeman says they had spent more money than they knew how to hide.

Kind of sounds like our Government right now. I've been wondering if all this "missing money" has been going into some huge international secret project?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Thanks but you posted that 2 minutes after my OP.

The video takes over 6 minutes to watch, maybe another minute or 2 to read the thread...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I know youre trying this from different angles but it really has been done to death

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

I'm not sure all of these facts have been presented together, and I've never seen the video until tonight.

It's okay to bump ideas if there is new information presented. Besides, it's pretty freaky. All of this is coincidence?

I don't see how.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

True,Im a firm believer that there is no such thing as a coincidence but if a big honkin space rock is headed our way theres not a lot you or me can do about it except put our head between our legs and kiss our collective @rses goodbye

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Oh indeed there are many threads out there on all of this comet thingt, but I haven't seen this video so nice one for finding that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
BUMP

I've been thinking along these lines lately... guess its too late to build a bunker as a fail-safe!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Lol! Everything is similar except one thing: Morgan Freeman tells the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There is a YouTube comment that intrigues me:

it is abit strange i must say! the way the film is based to whats happening know! Have they really known all this time it was goin to happen? cause the orbit on the film is even the same as elenin know! Makes u think. I hope something big does happen might change how # the earth is and all the greed its about time we changed life as we know it.

BDC1CLAN 37 minutes ago (at the time this text-pasting)

Can an expert in the Elenin path do a comparison and confirm or debunk this claim? If the paths are indeed the same, or even somewhat similar, it would be extremely interesting.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Messiah = Saviour ... logical name don't you think?
Atlantis was retired, when it lands the shuttle program ends.
Seed Vaults .. Seems logical too just in case a species of plants goes extinct as for crops ... you never know what the climate has in store for us.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

hmmm .... so if there were any truth to this and of course any thing is possible .... if I myself were in the loop and new this stuff was going to happen and had at my disposal the resources ... I obviously wouldn't tell the world for obvious reasons ,but I would want the survivors of such an event to be of the highest caliper ... so how would I go about achieving that? ... well I would drop hints in movies and via any media available to me .... anyone with awareness and IQ that could pick up on those subtle hints would I'd hope prepare and have a greater chance of survival .... so how's your IQ?

I'm not saying it's real , I'm just giving a possible reason for such things other than that it's likely coincidence.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So, 13 years ago, Bruce Joel Rubin and Michael Tolkin knew that a comet would be discovered by Leonid Elenin and that it would hit the Earth and decided to make a film to warn the public - and either the authorities didn't know themselves at the time or else they just allowed the film to be made anyway?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Philosophy and metaphysics quick Tibet for you people.........

Society and culture inherently perpetuate media.

Physics lesson......

It is known that an object in one place with absolutely no connection to another in another completely separate environment can have an effect on one another.
Double slit experiment also explains how just observing an object can alter its actions.
Also, if two atoms are forced to interact then forced apart at huge distances the interactions seem to increase meaning if two objects have previously interacted with direct contact the interactions heave a greater impact on one another.

You could also look at it this way.......

Someone powerful has known for a long time what is coming or what could come and has been manipulating society through media to increase the chances of his/her plan happening in the desired way.

You could also say that reality is an illusion created by the collective energy patterns and thoughts of everything in existence.

I also have a personal theory I've never seen proposed.........

The human mind has no capability to create anything that could not be possible physically. I know your thinking, I can imagine myself flying and that's not possible. Well in this case your assuming that reality could only have occurred in the way that it did, however I propose you to think about the dramatic effect that one electron interaction could have had if it occurred even a single electron differently during the universe formation. Extrapolate the effects of this difference for trillions of earth relative years. If there was even a slight.difference its completely possible that physical matter may not have ever formed.
Basically I'm proposing that a brain cannot imagine anything that could not ever have any physical chance of happening, even in altered realities.

As I have always said.....
If you can think it, it can be done.

edit on 20-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

LOL ... well if there is any truth to it I guess you won't be surviving

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

Good point ..... which reminds me of an experiment I pondered a few years ago .... if you took a new born child and placed it in a completely artificial environment could it be possible with the use of clever stimuli etc to influence this child to believe and access what ever ability you wished the child to have? (not that I would ever condone such a thing .. just a pondering)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

S&F

Original: check

Interesting: check

Thought provoking: check

Attracting (as yet) shallow skeptical arguments: check

I'm in, looking forward to watching the thread develop -- thanks OP

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

hmm only a few of these are coincidences and even than isn't enough to go around saying that a (not so great movie) is able to predict what Comet Elenin is going to do to us. This thread is just grasping at straws and I will be glad once we get pass October as well as 2012...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ok......Personally I love these kinds off threads!!! It's 4:10 am where I am right now and it gives me something to Watch and Read. I don't care how doom and gloom it is, it's entreating as he'll and some one to want o go through the trouble of embedding these videos and writing a small synopsis well quite frankly you have my vote to continue!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join