It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the chances of so many coincidences in Deep Impact?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

They are building HUGE underground bunkers like the ones in the movie? Care to provide some proof

If you're looking for a pillar of the business community in Kansas City, Missouri, think down ­ way down -- more than 100 feet underground, to be exact, where Hunt Midwest SubTropolis has carved out the world's largest underground business complex in old limestone mines.

The Kansas City area ranks as the leader in subsurface development with over 20 million square feet of commercial and industrial space, more than 10 percent of the total. Some 30 underground business parks populate the area, housing over 400 businesses. To give an idea of scale, SubTropolis covers 913 acres and has 6.5 miles of roads and 2.1 miles of rail corridors.

But the underground is becoming big business in other parts of the country as well, as underground facilities have also sprouted around Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Louisville, Kentucky; St. Louis, Missouri; and Indianapolis, Indiana

Progressive Engineer Article

Many of these are just tunnel systems but are in a wiki entry on worldwide underground cities

* Albany, New York - Empire State Plaza in Albany, New York features an underground city which contains banks, a YMCA, restaurants, several food courts, retailers, a police station, a bus station, and a visitor's Center. The Plaza connects several government buildings to the Egg (a state-owned theater), the New York State Museum, The New York State Library, The Corning Tower (the tallest building between New York City and Toronto), Legislative office, Judicial offices, and the Times Union Center.
* Atlanta, Georgia - Atlanta's “Underground” actually represents the original surface level of downtown Atlanta; the present streets are in fact raised roadways (viaducts) built in the 1920s. The shopping center Underground Atlanta, taking advantage of the former street-level storefronts, covers six city blocks, and includes retail shopping and restaurants. It was begun in 1968, and re-opened in 1989 after a financially-forced closure. Underground Atlanta homepage
* Chicago, Illinois - (Chicago Pedway) consists of approximately 4 disjointed tunnel systems, the largest covering about 10 blocks, connecting such buildings and transit stations as Metra's Randolph Street Station, the Chicago Cultural Center, the Macy's (former Marshall Field's) store at State and Randolph, Chicago Transit Authority's State Street and Dearborn Street subway stations, City Hall, and the James R. Thompson Center. Pedway Map
* Cleveland, Ohio - The Tower City Center, located on the public square at the center of downtown Cleveland, houses a shopping mall with a food court, two hotels, and the Tower City Rapid Transit Station, the central station on RTA's Red, Green, and Blue Lines. The building connects to several office buildings, and also has an enclosed skyway to the Gateway Sports and Entertainment Complex.
* Crystal City, Virginia - A residential and commercial area of Arlington County, Virginia next to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Crystal City features an extensive underground city connecting its hotels, office buildings, and apartment towers and is lined with 173 shops, restaurants, banks, medical, and other services. Map/Directory
* Dallas, Texas - (Dallas Pedestrian Network) has a network of tunnels connecting various buildings in the downtown area.
* Walt Disney World, Florida (South-West of Orlando, Florida) has a network of tunnels utilized by its employees (Cast Members) for transportation between venues, rest, staff preparation, and first aid. The main system exists under the Magic Kingdom theme park. Other tunnels lie under future world at Epcot. * Duluth, Minnesota has a small network of skyways and tunnels connecting some buildings, including the Federal Courthouse and Convention Center (DECC).
* Havre, Montana
* Houston, Texas - The seven-mile (11 km) Houston tunnel system is set about twenty feet below Houston's downtown street system, and is composed of a series of underground passageways which, with above-ground skywalks, link office towers to hotels, banks, corporate and government offices, restaurants, retail stores, and the Theater District. Only one building, Wells Fargo Plaza, offers direct access from the street to the Tunnel; otherwise, you must enter the Tunnel from street-level stairs, escalators, or elevators located inside a building connected to the Tunnel.
* Irvine, California - A network of large tunnels running beneath the University of California, Irvine connects many of the campus' major buildings to a central utility plant.
* Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota - There are three major systems consisting mostly of above-ground skyways in the Twin Cities. Minneapolis's skyway system covers approximately five miles with 62 skyways. St. Paul's skyway system connects buildings in a 30-block radius in the downtown core. [7] On the University of Minnesota campus, the Gopher Way connects most buildings and parking structures together using a number of skyway links and underground tunnels.
* New York, New York - Several subway stations have direct access to one or more buildings. Additionally, most of the lower floor of Rockefeller Center qualifies as an underground city, as it features connections to subways, an extensive underground concourse, building connections, and several restaurants, all below ground.
* Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - The Oklahoma City Underground, formerly the Oklahoma City Conncourse, named after its founder, Jack Conn, is an underground tunnel system connecting nearly all the downtown buildings in a 20-square-block area. The OKC Underground is one of the most extensive all-enclosed pedestrian systems in the country, extending three-quarters of a mile and connecting over 30 downtown buildings by tunnel or skyway. The original tunnel link was built in 1931 and the system was extended in the 1970s. Offices, shops, and restaurants line the OKC Underground system. It underwent a $2 million renovation in 2006-2007. Upon completion of the renovation, the Conncourse was renamed the Underground.[10][11]
* Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - There are several underground concourses in Center City built around the Center City Commuter Connection including parts of Suburban Station, Market East Station, the Market-Frankford Line, and Broad Street Line. It is possible to walk from 8th Street to 18th Street east to west and Arch Street to Spruce Street north to south.
* Richmond, Virginia - There are a series of connected tunnels between state government buildings in the city of Richmond. Certain passageways are locked off but a good portion of the tunnels are accessible from different buildings. The purpose of the tunnels is not generally known; the two most common explanations are that they were built to allow people to move between buildings in inclement weather or that they were built as part of an emergency evacuation plan.
* Rochester, Minnesota - The Mayo Clinic's various buildings in the downtown area are interconnected with tunnels and skyways. Various other businesses also exist along the corridors, including a number of hotels that often house clinic patients. It is often called a subway, although there are no underground rails in the city.
* Rochester, New York- Nazareth College in the southeast portion of Rochester has an extensive underground network of tunnels leading from the dormitories to the major buildings on campus. Rochester Institute of Technology also has several underground networks connecting dormitories and academic buildings together. * Seattle, Washington - Several modern undergrounds and a historical tour exist. The main shopping district around Westlake has an underground connected with the bus tunnel. Another substantial corridor extends from Two Union Square to Rainier Square with connections to hotels, the 5th Avenue Theatre, and many retail shops along the way. The Seattle Underground Tour in Pioneer Square takes visitors on a humorous guided walk showing the original ground level of many buildings in that area.
* Washington D.C. - All of the buildings in the United States Capitol Complex are connected by a series of tunnels and underground walkways, which provide easy passage between legislative office buildings, the Capitol building, the Capitol Visitor Center, and the Library of Congress in cold and inclement weather. The tunnels connecting individual office buildings are open to the public, but those connecting to the Capitol require security clearance to use. Small electric tramways run from the Capitol building to the Russell, Dirksen, and Hart Senate Office Buildings and to the Rayburn House Office Building. The tunnel between the Capitol and the Cannon House Office Building displays winning pieces of artwork from the annual Congressional Art Competition for high school students.

en.wikipedia.org...

I left out the credible information on the D.U.M.B.'s simply because there weren't any mainstream articles on them (because if they aren't acknowledged by the mainstream apparently they aren't "provable")

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by awcgs

Awesome - Thanks for the link!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

You failed to address any of the "coincidences" in the OP.

Contribute something better if you hate threads like this so much.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

hmm. Well I mean here is a sever problem with that video. Pretty much, the re-institution of "Civis Romanus sum." would more than supply the arms companies for generations to come, as the clauses behind the argument when applied to American citizens are so broad that any sort of situation could be used to justify military presence. I mean, Civis Romanus sum being reintroduced would not only attract aggressors but also be so undefined that you could pretty much bring all your top military tech to any location an American lives.

Okay...so what you got out of that video was that it was totally about increasing the arms supply? You chose to focus on a now obscure Roman idea instead of the fact that the character uttered the phrase "They are going to fly a plane into the World Trade Center" fully 6 months before it happened in real life? Oookay then...

Incidentally, if there was a thread exactly like this one back in March of 2001 after that Lone Gunmen episode aired where the OP was saying that someone really was going to ram a plane into the WTC and that the episode was TPTB telling us what was going to happen in advance people would have responded in much the same way as they are with this thread. They would have said the OP needed to check his tin-foil hat, they would have told him to quit fear mongering, they would have said that there's no way someone could pull that off in America, much less that elements of the government could be involved.

What happened 6 months later? Oh yeah, planes rammed into the WTC and people have been saying that elements within the government were involved ever since. "The plane is 10 miles out, do the orders still stand Mr. Cheney?"
edit on 21-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: last paragraph

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

It's a world icon and an obvious target. When I was a child in New York and started building clay cities after I got bored with legos, do you now what was one of the first things I made? The twin towers. Do you know what I did as a young boy with war on the mind? I crashed stuff into the twin towers and obliterated them, scattering little pieces of rubble onto the landscape bellow, then creating little clay soldiers to move around through the debris.

If it was some obscure unknown building and event not world changing then I would be surprised, but quite frankly the idea of targeting monuments is ancient in strategy, and the idea of destroying them just as old. Hell even the Bible predicted the destruction of the great temple. It;s ancient strategy.

In addition, The idea of protecting all american citizens is not obscure nor out of date. It is quite relevant. And a strategy change from "not negotiating with terrorists" to "invade any nation that kidnaps our people" would irreparably demand more weapons and arms and intervention. All the same goals, no need to blow up the towers.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I ahem I..... I would just like everyone to recognise that I am not only one of the co- flounders of these remarkable coincidi you find in this thread. Also that blah blah bla..... Oh hell ! Did I just type that out loud ?

Nice thread signals. This stuff still bogels me mind.

Good point you make and this will serve very well to keeping it fresh in mind.

SnF
edit on 21-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

It's a world icon and an obvious target. When I was a child in New York and started building clay cities after I got bored with legos, do you now what was one of the first things I made? The twin towers. Do you know what I did as a young boy with war on the mind? I crashed stuff into the twin towers and obliterated them, scattering little pieces of rubble onto the landscape bellow, then creating little clay soldiers to move around through the debris. If it was some obscure unknown building and event not world changing then I would be surprised, but quite frankly the idea of targeting monuments is ancient in strategy, and the idea of destroying them just as old. Hell even the Bible predicted the destruction of the great temple. It;s ancient strategy.

Yes, but, the point is in timing and the coincidence of means. It could have been anything that crashed into anyplace for the purposes of their story. They could have chosen the Statue of Liberty, that's an icon. They could have chosen the White House or the Congressional Building...those are strategic. Those would have actually been more obvious choices for the purposes of the television story. For the purposes of the story they could have used a nuclear bomb, they could have used a truck bomb like Oklahoma City, which had already happened. But in this fictional story they chose a plane and the WTC? Iconic or not it could have been anything for the purposes of that story and yet...

In addition, The idea of protecting all american citizens is not obscure nor out of date. It is quite relevant. And a strategy change from "not negotiating with terrorists" to "invade any nation that kidnaps our people" would irreparably demand more weapons and arms and intervention. All the same goals, no need to blow up the towers.

In addition, amusingly, you seem to be getting the story mixed up with the real thing. Your idea of the end result of Civus Romanus Sum might have met the same goals, but that doesn't make much sense to add that into a television show. It wouldn't make for very good TV or fit into the plot-line of the rest of the show. So how is that a flaw in the video since the point of the video is that what the writers chose to write about actually happened?

And that is the point of this thread. Questioning whether or not coincidences add up to something more. It is not about the iconic nature of the WTC. It is not about the logic of ancient or modern strategy. Iconic or not, the fact that in that case, life imitated art so closely makes one wonder if this is also the case for Deep Impact (although with a little more time lag than just 6 months.)

edit on 21-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hey interesting thread
Did you know if you translate

(el en in honda) to spanish you get the result,

(on in the deep)
Coincidence or not?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Cool this thread is still going ... add this to the mix....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Movies like Deep Impact, Knowing, 2012 - these are the very classic example of the brainwashing and conditioning films that Hollywood makes. They are intended to open up the minds of the viewers to the possibilities presented in the film actually happening.

I am always amused at people that scoff at what is in these types of films and call it "coincidence". The original Terminator film from 1984 actually has the date of 9/11/01 appear in it. There are many more such egregious examples in movies. Yet, you always have some people saying it is "coincidence".

There is no way in hell that it is coincidence.

There are definitely some very bizarre "coincidences" in Deep Impact.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This thread made me search for THIS CLIP.

Guess what happens next?!?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_is_Slavery
Hey interesting thread
Did you know if you translate

(el en in honda) to spanish you get the result,

(on in the deep)
Coincidence or not?

That's not true. I know spanish 100%.

el = He
en = In
in = Not an spanish word.
honda = Slingshot.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The chance of it happening is very possible, the chance of one hitting very unlikely.
It really is a Million to One shot.

If it happens, it happens, not even sending up Bruce Willis will stop it.
If it's a Km long, there is no secret alien technolgy that their going to
whip out at the last second.

Life will go on
We will prevail

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
anyone have a link to the video from the OP? it appears its been removed due to a copyright claim... just in time.. TPTB closed the jar on this one real quick lol

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
After seeing this thread a couple hours ago, I went to go watch the movie.. I've been seeing the title "Deep Impact" thrown around for a few weeks and I'd never seen the movie so I gave it a go.

I have to say..... We gonna F$%K*%G die.

Nah, jk
On a more serious note.. I did see the STRIKING similarities.. especially the trajectory. Then I've been hearing that NASA doesn't know the size or what not.

This is completely different than what those Nibiru peeps are talking about.. I was on the fence at first, then I ran across a video explaining what would happen if Elenin was a Brown Dwarf, saying that we'd see EXTREME changes as of today, but we haven't. So I figured the "EleNibiru" is bunk, it's not a brown dwarf.

BUT NOW... I've seen that it may possibly be a real E.L.E. space rock. Lol so once again.. I'm sitting on the fence..

edit on 21-7-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

sticking to the script

Who writes this stuff? The Hollywood writers write more than scripts like Wag the Dog.
What sort of scripts would non-Hollywood write for the destruction of the Evil Empire?
Where but China has "civilized" war been waged since before Noah learned of flood
insurance? When was the last time politicians told each other the truth? Why wouldn't
AT&T sponsor The Death Star? That was before product placement side-deals :-)
Could foreign political interests be cooking America for dinner?

www.usingenglish.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by Signals

Well....obviously I don't sign on to your stretch of the imagination....but...since your inclined to ignore reality in favor of something less mundane how about this: you sign over all your worldly possessions to me after the date you think the world ends due to your overactive imagination. Not that I need your 10 year old tube tv and your house on wheels (if your station is higher in life I would be very surprised).....come on, put your money where your ignorance is. I promise to give you everything I own after your days prediction is the world does end....lol.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm watching the Movie Currently and will repost all my findings throughout. Maybe. If the Mrs lets me pause that often.

So far:

After discovering the comet, and the Astonomer they get to confirm it dies as his JEEP EXPLODES AFTER RUNNING OFF A ROAD BECAUSE A TRUCK DRIVER WAS DRINKING JOLT AND SMOKING ND DROPPED HIS SMOKE IN HIS LAP....hollywood

Anyway, after the aforementioned over-the-top killing of a character (I mean American/No seat belt/Soft top Jeep/Steep roll....Messy

Next scene....

Opening scene to TV that the presenter states "Call for troops to come home from abroad" Coincidence

Then he talks about "Troops returning home from duty in Japan" Coincidence???

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by LightAssassin

Dude...we don't really need a play by play if the movie here, do we? There is nothing being secretly told to you guys from this movie (or THOUSANDS of movies and books over the last 100 years).

It if far past time to remove our tin foil hats and start being adults. Let those other places on the internet harbor complete ignorance.....

If one is ignorant enough to think this threat has any traction, then they don't understand how to use their brain. I could take the idiocy that results in bs like this and apply it to hundreds....thousands of books and movies over the last 25 years alone.

Where do we draw the line in the sand as to how much ignorance will will not only tolerate but endorse?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Haha, Doing it for fun to find how many...Atleast I'm staying on topic!

Here's an idea....FARK Off. Plenty of other threads for you to dribble yet more urine and faeces.

Or, join in the fun.

Back to the movie...Next Coincidence:

Russia and US in league with each other.

Now thats something I know that you dont know....hehehe. Cold War is/was a veil for the spending of building underground/moon/mars DUMBS / respective space programs, by BOTH countries....and those little green men.
edit on 21-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join