It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Grievere

Very, very few do- especially newer ones.

One thing hammered into their heads from day 1 is that if you rip off dealers or backdoor "confiscate" dope or crack heads you WILL get caught, prosecuted and tossed into a big place that you can't walk out of filled with people who really hate cops.

Not saying there isn't the occasional knucklehead or thug on a power trip but it isn't that common.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time before a scene like this turns into a violent riot, and in addition to one dead person at the hands of the cops, there will be 5 dead cops at the hands of the citizens.
edit on 19-7-2011 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well if it's true he fired at the officers. this is what he gets for it. Dumbass. Don't fire at people that carry guns, unless you're prepared to die.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
See that nice bright red oxygen rich blood?
He's not living with pressure applied or bandages or sweet words, he's dead, even while he's bugging on the sidewalk.

Sounds like he was well on his way to being dead long ago by the trail of choices behind him.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Really, all you having a problem with the cops just standing around, and the rest of you defending it with "possible threat" LEO's are under NO OBLIGATION to server and protect the citizens, are you all so stupid as to disregard case after case, all the way to the SCOTUS that says just that? Really, use your damn brains for just one moment a day please. As it stands, the police account appears to be accurate. And until further evidence appears I will wait before passing judgement.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Sure as poop looks like a gun to me, the cell phone was in a different location if you would actually look into the evidence posted rather then running off at the mouth

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
america is one step closer to a police state, with every other man woman or kid killed by the police in the US .
from watching this video its just even more evidence of abuse of power , you dont need to shoot someone to check if they have a gun. You ask them to drop their weapon they say they dont have one , then you slowly approach them under cover from a fellow officer then restrain them.

Dont shoot first and ask questions later

I hope these guys get the sack and heavy compensation paid to the family of the guy who bled on the sidewalk for nothing

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I'm going to have to go with;
The title is misleading false and inflamatory.
After further review of All the information available this was a justifiable shooting,
and he probably should have been hugged and cuddled long ago by his parents, he should have had better care given to him when he was little and younger, and he should have studied harder and stayed in school and developed into a nicer person who actually gave something back to the world and made it a better place, it's a shame that this once sweet little baby had to end up this way, it really is, BUT it is what it is and the only thing that could have made this less painful would have been a head shot, but those are hard to accomplish on the run.
edit on 19-7-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I'm going to have to go with;
The title is misleading false and inflamatory.
After further review of All the information available this was a justifiable shooting,
and he probably should have been hugged and cuddled long ago by his parents, he should have had better care given to him when he was little and younger, and he should have studied harder and stayed in school and developed into a nicer person who actually gave something back to the world and made it a better place, it's a shame that this once sweet little baby had to end up this way, it really is, BUT it is what it is and the only thing that could have made this less painful would have been a head shot, but those are hard to accomplish on the run.
edit on 19-7-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.
NO-one deserves to die. Why are you promoting shooting in head instead of not shooting or shooting in a leg?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

yeh isnt it police proticol to disarm someone first before going for the kill shot , if possible.
AS far as I can see they made no attempt to ask for him to drop any weapon.
Instead they are just trigger happy and wanted to kill someone.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
what i want to know is when did anybody in the croud have time to pickup a gun, the police were right there & from what i can see on the video quite a few of them immediately surrounded the guy so nobody could get close to him. i am a avid supporter of our men & women in blue its a dangerous job thay do but when thay do wrong thay should be held accountable just like the rest of us

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ill admit I read up to page 15 then stopped. It seems strange that people are saying oh yea he got what he deserved and so on. Dont you realize if justice was served to him this way that it can be to you too. Just because its a very bad area, doesnt mean cops acted any different than they would in the same situation in a different city. Im sorry but it seems strange that police officers who train on a daily basis would react to a situation like this. And then to watch a man bleed to death. Forget all the negative ideas you fools have attached to this "human" and realize that that is someones son, possibly father, brother or even best friend. So how can shooting him make anything better, if anything that bullet creates a ripple effect most of you fail to comprehend. It just continues to perpetuate this system of greed and wealth, controlled by elitism. Like I said people need to start waking up and stop bickering amongst themselves over their own perceptions of events. It is what it is, police shot and killed a man, regardless of if he was shooting. Its his right to carry a weapon anyway. Rip me all you want for this, but you people are the ones losing your humanity. The more you do the more we lose. PEACE

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

If ONE of those officers had have attempted to provide aid whilst the others covered him, I believe the crowd would have been subdued considerably.

Your appraisal of the situation is completely baseless. You have no idea what should be done in a situation such as this. The guy just shot at the officers and obviously the officers did not see where the gun went after they shot him. It could have been sitting underneath him and who knows what the dirtbag's reaction would have been if an officer approached him quickly.

EVEN IF all of the other officers covered the one officer that immediately ran up and attempted first aid, if the dirtbag still had the gun and had the intention to use it, the officer would be in great danger. So, they did the smart thing and covered him until it was reasonably safe to say that he did not have the gun anymore and was no longer a threat. Then an officer clearly goes over and attempts first aid.

The crowd would have been angry no matter what the situation. I do not know the exact composition of the crowd but I think it is safe to say that it was composed of people who, one, did not know exactly what happened and were making knee jerk decisions like some here and, two, was composed of people who already do not like the police no matter what the circumstances and will do anything in their power to hinder the police at every turn, like some people in this forum, and, three, those that were not in the first or second group are now stirred up by mob mentality by the other two groups. This crowd of people would have been angry with the police no matter what.

Let me ask you what would have happened if the crowd would have lashed out at the police who were guilty of nothing more than performing their duty. Would that have been justified? This is the EXACT reason why others and myself try to provide a defense for police officers.

It is amazing that there is clear video evidence that the police did everything correct and performed their duty to the fullest extent, putting themselves in harm's way, and we STILL have people critisizing them for what happened. It is disgusting to tell the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

They're too busy 'securing the suspect' and not doing any 'scour and secure the area'. The firearm should have been found quicker.

Imagine - one crowd member spots the pistol (a friend or person who sees a souvenir), he attempts to collect it, and he too is shot.

Riot ensues.

You sir are rediculous. You have no idea what it takes to do police work and no idea how to handle a situation such as this.

If there was no angry crowd acting on a knee jerk reaction, the police would have had a much easier time securing the scene and recovering the handgun.

The police acted flawlessly and yet you still ridicule them.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

yes because it makes senese that these guys were right on his tail and chasing him and while they were chasing him, and he was obviously in their view cause they were able to shoot him, he dropped a gun that they didn't see him drop and didn't automatically confiscate. yea that story makes alot more sense doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I dont know for sure if he had fired or not. If he did not and its a lie then the KARMA will show. If he infact fired at them risking hitting another innocent then the policia who are to guard the populace were to stop him. Were the policia trained to shoot targets well yes. Can the policia of shot him in a less fatal way YES. This is where moral and principles play major parts with the individual policia. Did the officer have a chance to make a wounding shot or not and if so why did they not.

Rip to another sent Earth is violent in so many ways its just sickning.

Be well
edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Based off the intended misleading thread title alone....heck yeah! The more people the kill stealing from public transportation the better. I work too hard for my money to pay for this idiot to steal it.

But kidding aside, glad this moron is dead. Only wish he suffered more. The only real problem here is the cops didn't double tap his ass so we didn't have to see his criminal ass crawling in agony as he died. Oh wait....yeah I like that. I only wish it took longer for him to die. Then I wish that we would find his dysfunctional family that turned him out and kill them to. Time to start thinking about the bottom line. Prison and welfare costs us
all way too much.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I live in the area and there are a lot of witnesses saying the guy didn't fire shots, nor have a gun. But I, personally, wasn't there so...
I mean, you can here a lot of people in the video saying "Where's the gun at?"
And what is with the cop with the M-16 lookin rifle (un-related, but creepy)?
Last time a cop shot an unarmed man in the Bay area there were huge riots, and the cop that did it did like 2 years in jail, he just got out about a month ago.
Also, I agree with what the people were saying at the beginning of the video. F THE POLICE! And no, I have never had any encounters with police (thank goodness), I have just lived in MANY areas where every other day there is a big story about corrupt officers of the "law".

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Dude, angry much?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Straight up man. This dude has been brainwashed by too much Call of Duty. I play my share too bro but come back to reality when the headsets not on.

Originally posted by upgrayeddc310t
reply to post by MainLineThis

Dude, angry much?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join