It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

yes at 1.18 a guy points to some sort of card on the floor and picks it up, i suppose a card type object could be a gun. i believe the filmer dropped something and the guy knows them points it out and picks it up for them.

as for the 11 to 15 seconds, i am certain the police would leave a gun unattened with members of the public walking around it or near it. i don't think so.

what ever it is, it is not a gun you are pointing out.
edit on 17-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

yes at 1.18 a guy points to some sort of card on the floor and picks it up, i suppose a card type object could be a gun.

No, the guy is acting when he picks up the trash because he sees a cop headed toward and thinks cop saw him pointing. Keep an eye on the guy who was right next to him, he starts moving faster to where the guy was really pointing.

as for the 11 to 15 seconds, i am certain the police would leave a gun unattened with members of the public walking around it or near it. i don't think so.

The cops secured the perimeter where the suspect was shot. Took them many minutes and backup just to keep that area secure. The gun was way in front where they secured the perimeter. They had people coming at them from all 4 sides. What do you expect them to do?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

that might be what you see but it aint what i see. maybe it would help if you could actually point out what you think the gun is, we could both be looking at different things.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

Portland cops are on edge because this thing is so common.

What's common? Common in that there have been a lot of officer involved shootings or are you suggesting officer involved shootings where police had no reason to shoot are common?

I expect a bunch of police arse lickers to defend this but the fact is shot in the back,no gun until it is "found", and witnesses who say he ran hands in air and then was dropped. then cops stand arund ad let the guy bleed to death, no opposing story from the perp,eh? eat it up people, seed

From what has been reported so far, one could presume that the suspect shot at police, then dumped the gun while he was running. The police in pursuit may not have been in position to see him dump the gun, and this would explain why they found the gun later. If a man is suspected of being involved in a drive-by homicide, it is not a stretch to think he might use deadly force if apprehended by cops.

I'm sorry, but by the looks of this situation, I suspect there are going to be a lot of witness accounts that are less than credible.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

silver looking thing about 11 to 16 seconds of first video on bottom right corner. Earlier in video you see it from a distance and it glitters when sunlight hits it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

silver looking thing about 11 to 16 seconds of first video on bottom right corner. Earlier in video you see it from a distance and it glitters when sunlight hits it.

If it, indeed, is the gun, it resembles a small semi-automatic. It would also explain the dude's apprehension in picking it up.......
edit on 18-7-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Just finished two replays of video without audio on. Couldn't tell what happened except saw black person on ground bleeding --- to death. How sad but a hard lesson for everyone else stupid enough to make peace impossible for others. First, don't steal. Second, don't run away from the law. Third, expect consequences. Above all, be honest. Is it worth the fight for a couple of bucks? Bad behavior won't be tolerated.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Above all, be honest. Is it worth the fight for a couple of bucks? Bad behavior won't be tolerated.

Pikypiky, please note that this man was not shot over a couple of bucks. It sounds more like it was a bus fare investigation at first, then the guy tried to flee and reportedly shot at the police, who shot back. Now it's reported the guy was suspected of involvement in a homicide.

No one was shot over two bucks, nor would that be justified even if they were unarmed and tried to run away.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

ok it took many replays to pause it in the correct place, once i managed to get it right it does look like a gun, your right.

however i am still unsure if the part at 1.18 as anything to do with picking it up, there are many who seem to walk to the area where the object is, the guy pointing no matter how many times i watch seems to me to be pointing directly at the card which the filmer seems to drop whilst filming.

it could be a planned action to get rid of the gun, but it could be totally innocent, i going to rewatch the other angle to see if you can tell from that one and to see if you can see them in the background.

edit to add: if you watch the first video the police are the first on the scene, so to not spot the gun and secure it is a HUGE fail for the officers.

edit on 18-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Forget the deceased’s activities prior to this occurrence for a minute. Forget everything right up until the moment he was shot.

No matter which way you look at it, the Police had an opportunity to earn some respect here. That opportunity was completely squandered.

If ONE of those officers had have attempted to provide aid whilst the others covered him, I believe the crowd would have been subdued considerably. Would have they then needed assault weapons that only further increased any escalating anger?

Showing some common sense here may have helped to increase respect from people who are anti-Police. The fact that they stand there, watching this guy bleed out has just created more tension.

This sort of tension they really don't need.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Never been shot at have you? If you had been you'd know that you tunnel in on whatever the threat is, almost to the utter exclusion of everything else around you.

the threat was the gun, not the bleeding person on the ground who was no longer a threat. i would look for where the gun was, if it were not visable on the person i'd start looking around. untill i did find the gun, i would not feel safe untill it had been found. especially with an angry crowd near by.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This guy didnt run for a $2 dollar bus fare

www.sfexaminer.com...

The chief said the suspect was on parole for two Washington felony convictions and is a person of interest in a fatal quadruple shooting in Seattle on Wednesday. According to Seattle police, two men and two women were shot while sitting in parked cars. A 19-year-old woman was killed. News reports said she was pregnant. Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: www.sfexaminer.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by SFA437

Never been shot at have you? If you had been you'd know that you tunnel in on whatever the threat is, almost to the utter exclusion of everything else around you.

the threat was the gun, not the bleeding person on the ground who was no longer a threat. i would look for where the gun was, if it were not visable on the person i'd start looking around. untill i did find the gun, i would not feel safe untill it had been found. especially with an angry crowd near by.

Utterly and completely incorrect.

I can place a firearm on a table and it will remain there, inert, until it rusts into powder 300 years later. The firearm is not a threat.

The individual who picks up that weapon and fires it is the threat. The individual who has been shot remains a threat until he is following commands and is secured. The officers missed the firearm being discarded therefore they thought the subject was still in possession of it. Being that he was laying on the ground how would you see through his body to determine if he was laying on it? How would you know if he stuffed it in his pocket? Are you Superman with X-ray vision- able to see through walls and whatnot or are you a mere mortal cursed with the MK1 Mod0 eyeball?

Threat = Double murderer of a woman and her unborn child as long as he is moving, non-compliant and alive.

End of story.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Also from my experience working in a large city it is very common for people to toss there weapons while being chased in hopes that the Police will not find it, and they wont be caught with it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Don't confuse the issue with facts man!

It's all the cops fault. I bet the cops were the ones who actually shot those people, killed the woman and her child and they pinned it on this poor innocent guy, planted the gun, happened to have matching ejected shells on hand and were just waiting for him to sip on train fare so they could shoot him and cover it up.

Yup- according to the mental midgets who post this tripe that is the more likely scenario.
edit on 18-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They're too busy 'securing the suspect' and not doing any 'scour and secure the area'. The firearm should have been found quicker.

Imagine - one crowd member spots the pistol (a friend or person who sees a souvenir), he attempts to collect it, and he too is shot.

Riot ensues.

edit on 18/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

the area was very clear before the crowd started to arrive, are you telling me the cops cannot spot a silver object laying on the ground not far from the scene out in the open?

what are they blind? did you forget about the angry crowd? guns can move once an angry crowd gets close, as is proved if the gun went missing. just lucky they did'nt start shooting i suppose.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

edit on 18-7-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Believe me- if you get shot at the SOLE thing you're looking at is whoever is doing the shooting. BTDT quite a few times and unless you're some super secret squirrel CAG or SEAL shooter you're gonna miss the small things your first few times.

All kinds of training go out the window once you start playing on two way ranges- there is simply no way to simulate the stress so anything taught tends to be forgotten rather quickly. Took me a buttload of times before I got to the point where I wasn't having tunnel vision.

When you tunnel you literally do not see anything but the focus of your attention. Hunters call it "buck fever" and is the exact same physiological response to massively increased stress- part of the fight or flight response wired into our ancestor's monkey brains.

reply to post by Lysergic

Some of the mental midgets posting in the previous pages have said quite a bit worse.

I'm just intensely curious as to what their reaction would be if the police told them they weren't gonna do a damned thing about their dead woman and child or if they'd be railing against the cops if they found the guy and he got shot after popping off a few rounds at the cops.

I too am a believer in karma- I am simply hoping some posters on this thread get to experience it

edit on 18-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join