It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Xcathdra

i am not following, are you saying there were two guns? or are you saying the handgun on the ground shapeshifted into a cell phone gun later in the video which the guy in the striped top picked up?

I was pointing out that when the term shots fired is used, people automiatically assume its from a traditional gun. I am pointing out that, in additional to traditional guns, that there are other instruments out there that shoot bullets that are anything but traditional.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
ps. if youre reply is more than 1 sentance, no one reads it.

well some oddballs do. but pls this threads a joke make with the one liners a;ready..

Think you're on to something there.
Or maybe the actual information isn't as "fun"
as the made up possibilities.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Hopefully this sheds some light on the issue. Sorry if its not what you are looking for.

thanks for the answer

it was perfect, i am just trying to understand the actions of the police in the o.p. video and you have helped to answer my questions, earlier in the thread i was unaware of all these procedures and rules(rightly or wrongly) so i could not understand why no help was given.

but with that explaination of how it works i can at least understand why, although i still think it is wrong, although it sounds like more of a procedure or rule that is to blame rather than the police themselves.

the information helps as one of the main factors in this thread was why the police did not help him, i think this will be helpful for others to.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Its jacked up I agree...

The courts say we are not required to act.....

......and yet we can be punished when we do act.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Don't mention the inconvenient facts, like, oh, you know:

The suspect was a state parolee wanted for questioning about the shooting death of a pregnant 19 year old girl

There is cell phone video of a "witness" (read: fellow gang banger?) picking up a gun the suspect was carrying and taking off with it.

I'm not fan of cops but some of you will spin anything to make them look bad. The title for your thread is pathetic. It's the same kind of blatant lie that they put out for the sheep, as another poster said.

Carrying a gun while committing a crime? Running from the police when they stop you for questioning? That kind of behavior is a deathwish, not to mention extremely suspicious.

But I guess police should just stop investigating crimes, amirite?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Oscar grant....new years....bay area incident ring any bells, police use brutal force because they think they are above the law when in fact they are charged to uphold the law there is a difference.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grievere
Oscar grant....new years....bay area incident ring any bells, police use brutal force because they think they are above the law when in fact they are charged to uphold the law there is a difference.

I love how you guys constantly state above the law. In the Oscar Grant incident the officer was charged with a crime, and found guilty of that crime by a jury. The officer was charged using the exact same laws that apply to the civilians. In addition, the only special treatment the officer is going to get is being charged again at the Federal level for a 1983 violation.

Not quite sure how you are getting above the law out of that incident.

Above the law means we would be immune from prosecution. Above the law means we can violate it at anytime without consequence.

Every time you guys invoke that phrase, its always in a threa dealing with the officer being charged, tried and convicted of a crime, which would mean they are NOT above the law.

If someone pulled out a gun and shot at you, are you going to just shrug your shoulders and just keep on minding your own business? No, you will defend yourself , just as the officers in the OP did.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

b wtf are you talking about even the original source shows the "gun" in question was a cell phone. you sound more like a sheep because you believe the spin story

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

yea you're right... shhhh the tv is on.

don't question the media because they always tell the truth shhhhhhhhhhhhh we have it all under control go back to your x-box and ps3s because your government loves you and police unlike other people are perfect right?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

what gun? the source obviously shows a cell phone a sparkly one at that being picked up not a gun... shhhhh the government never lies.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Whether to shoot him or not is the question, but that's for more practiced folk to decide. But what in the name of God possesses an officer of the law to just stand by while a man bleeds out?

My mind keeps demanding that there must be something else to this. No human being with all the training that cops are given could just sit there while another bleeds to death.

No human being? Let's face it, half, if not more of today's police forces are made up of Iraq and Afghanistan soldiers..They are used to watching other humans bleed out, whether by training or just seeing it happen so many times before, it doesn't phase them at all. Some of them actually enjoy it.

Just like videos like this don't phase me anymore...the police have been getting away with filmed murders for years now, they wonder why their murder rate has sky rocketed, rightfully so. The balance of power will not be righted until all hell brakes loose on a large scale, and it is all of us against the police. Only then will police go back to the distant memory of when they used to be proud to "Serve and Protect" the nations citizens. Sadly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

hateful yes.. . i hate people that shoot other people... i'm a horrible person i know. you are so right cops are F'ing perfect why do i question these things... they get this super training and it makes them perfect. what was i thinking? oh yea i forgot they are people just like us only difference is they know they can get away with ANYTHING

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

protection is a better reason... don't make people out to be evil. shoot if i had cops like that in my neighborhood i'd carry a gun too. but SHHHHHHHH the TV is on don't make me escape my reality of reality TV it's too pretty and cops are only here to help me cause i'm a good guy...... RIGHT? dude STFU

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

subjective i don't have to call you cruel every post you make does it for me.
2nd

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by PersonalChoice

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Whether to shoot him or not is the question, but that's for more practiced folk to decide. But what in the name of God possesses an officer of the law to just stand by while a man bleeds out?

My mind keeps demanding that there must be something else to this. No human being with all the training that cops are given could just sit there while another bleeds to death.

No human being? Let's face it, half, if not more of today's police forces are made up of Iraq and Afghanistan soldiers..They are used to watching other humans bleed out, whether by training or just seeing it happen so many times before, it doesn't phase them at all. Some of them actually enjoy it.

Im sorry but you are wrong. Most of your Police are and most of the time always have been civilian until they turned cop.
Cops and Soldiers dont play by the same rules and have totally different mindsets.
I trust our soldiers and troops WAYYYYYYY more than I trust a cop.

And troops that turn cops, are usually the most cool headed out of all of them due to all of the hard situations they have been put through in war.

Not a personal attack on you, I just dont like it when people lump the military and the police force into one category. Especially people who have been in neither.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PersonalChoice

your post makes your argument invalid.. yea it's ok they're used to being low life b@stards so you can't blame them... yea... it makes it ok that we hired LOW LIFE B@STARDS to patrol our streets

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

yea because he's black he was apparently trying to rob people.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

The gun would be in the third in the series of videos.

Not the OP nor the one with the guy in the striped hoodie but the other one. Small handgun is visible on the lower left of the frame of the video as the person runs towards the scene about 20 ft out from the body.

Again it is not visible in the video with the cell phone as the firearm is behind the person who recorded that scene.

There's also a video that allowed identification of whomever picked up the discarded weapon and beat feet with it.

Source

The part you may wish to pay attention to is:

As documented in a cell phone video of the shooting incident posted on YouTube, a witness to the shooting had retrieved the gun and ran off with it. Investigators tracked down the weapon several hours later.

“Due to the cooperation of the community, independent witnesses, and the incredible teamwork of the Bayview officers and the gang task force, we recovered the weapon at 10:30 last night,” Suhr said. “God bless the Bayview community members who had the courage to come forward and pretty much tell us the entire story.”

Others who lived in the area identified the man seen in the video absconding with the discarded weapon and passed this info on to the police department which went out and recovered the weapon.

Short answer... THAT video.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stuncrazy

Well he was a convicted rapist so maybe he had it so he could rape people.

He was fleeing his parole officer in another state so maybe he had it to shoot the PO if he came to rearrest him.

He had already killed a pregnant teenage girl and her unborn baby and shot three others so maybe he had it because he liked shooting & killing folks.

He has numerous warrants out for murder, aggravated assault and ADW so maybe he had it because he was going to shoot anyone who tried to arrest him.

Then again it's all "the man's" fault I suppose. "The man" forced him to stick his Johnson into an unwilling girl and forced him to beat her when she resisted. "The man" put conditions on his parole agreement to stay within his home state. "The man" forced him to kill a teenage mother and her unborn baby and shoot three other people....

Yup it's all because he was black and the man was keeping him down

edit on 19-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

hence why I said the officer THINKS he is above the law, not that he is.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join