It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

globalgrind.com

The incident occurred around 4:45 p.m. (Saturday, July 16) on Third Street and Oakdale Avenue when a 19-year-old man, who was believed to have been carrying a gun, was shot and collapsed on the sidewalk, police said.
A police spokesman said the shooting began after two uniformed officers conducted a fair inspection on a Muni light rail vehicle.
They detained the man on the platform, but he fled on foot.
During the foot pursuit, police said the suspect fired at the officers, and the officers fir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
FTP! Witnesses disagree with the "official" police story. It makes my blood boil watching them just stand there as he slowly bleeds out, this country needs change immediately before there's massive riots and martial law implementation. Warning GRAPHIC MATERIAL IN VIDEO

globalgrind.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-7-2011 by DJLateralus because: (no reason given)

Original Source

edit on 17-7-2011 by DJLateralus because: Added original source

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
SF police recover gun after police shooting

(07-17) 17:44 PDT San Francisco, CA (AP) --

A gun believed to have been used by a suspect who was fatally shot by San Francisco police officers Saturday has been recovered by investigators, police said Sunday.

The gun, which was not found immediately after the 5 p.m. shooting in the city's Bayview District, was believed to have been taken from the ground as officers tended to the suspect, said police Sgt. Michael Andraychak.

Investigators were able to find the gun after a member of the public provided video taken after the shooting, said Andraychak.

"I do not know the source, but it does appear to have been taken in the moments after the incident," said Andraychak.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Dang man!! While it is hard to judge without the facts, is it standard procedure to shoot and then watch them for 2 minutes as they bleed out? Shouldn't one officer, like one finally did, step forward to check the guy, for weapons AND to aid him? "Where's the gun?" Good question, but agin I don't know the facts, it just seems a little whack.
What a volatile scene too, it could have gotten a lot worse, for everyone.

FerrisBueller -

The gun, which was not found immediately after the 5 p.m. shooting in the city's Bayview District, was believed to have been taken from the ground as officers tended to the suspect, said police Sgt. Michael Andraychak.

That doesn't make much sense, that they found it later. If there was a gun, would it not have served everyone better to show it at the scene and incident? Unless they found it somewhere other than on the guy.
edit on 17-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow all I can say. This could be a catalysis for riots in the street. Is the MSM covering this? google this 37.734705,-122.390298 location of vid. Also this is the same as what soldiers do let um bled out F-um. I don't condone this at all but it is a war on the streets of the US.
edit on 17/7/11 by Arkansas because: add cords

+59 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here's a solution: Don't shoot at the cops and don't run. I'm not saying the cops are right (many times they are wrong) but if you shoot at people you should expect to be shot at.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
SF police recover gun after police shooting

(07-17) 17:44 PDT San Francisco, CA (AP) --

Tended to the suspect is a complete lie....!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've only seen it in the local area news so far, nothing nationwide yet. While I can believe that the police really did find his gun, the witness reports that say the man never shot at police seems to speak otherwise. This wouldn't be the first time police planted/lied about evidence to save their own behinds

edit on 17-7-2011 by DJLateralus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've always been under the impression the officers are bound to get medical help for a perp once they are subdued, or at least offer first aid

awful

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Wow, that was incredibly difficult to watch..
Finding the gun later seems a little to convenient.
Not buying that.

link   

link   
My question is..Was he shot in the back ? If so then he was no threat .
How do we know the gun was his and not a "throw down " dropped later
In a book titled No Second Place Winner ..the officer shot a man on a bridge and stated the small hand gun he shot at the officer with fell into the creek..When they dredged the creek they found 10 25 cal pistols .Dropped after the fact
Thin biue line !!
edit on 17-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

edit on 17-7-2011 by granpabobby because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Whether to shoot him or not is the question, but that's for more practiced folk to decide. But what in the name of God possesses an officer of the law to just stand by while a man bleeds out?

My mind keeps demanding that there must be something else to this. No human being with all the training that cops are given could just sit there while another bleeds to death.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
COP BASTARD COP BASTARD COP BASTARD COP BASTARD COP BASTARD

So the guy runs from the police and also is shooting at them and you blame the cops?

I say this guy had it coming.
The 2 dollar crap is for the sheep to eat up.

When you run from the cops and are shooting at them you deserve lethal force. What if one of his bullets hit a kid or innocent bystander.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Monday morning. Watched footage of a guy bleed out on the pavement at the hands of Police.

There's my rage quota filled for the day.

Don't Police have first aid training? The crowd may not have been so angry if the Police had tried to assist the incapacitated suspect. I am truly shocked to see their callous nature towards an individual who is slowly bleeding out as a result of their actions. They make no attempt to save him at all. Whether he had a gun or not, this individual is in no way a threat to them once he had been shot.

Isn’t human life so cheap these days…?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

Well I cannot discount that this crowd of people would not hide a weapon held by the suspect. I would need more then the guy laying on the ground to form any opinion of the matter. The police did not appear hostile as I have seen them when they really do something wrong. My inclination is to side with the officers unless there is something more.

My only question in regard to the police shooting is why the hell are we chasing people over a $2 charge? Those buses have cameras on them...let them run and capture peoples photo's, the next time they are arrested let them pay the fines.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

If the perp in question DID have a handgun, i'd say the chance of him hitting an innocent bystander is about the same as a police officer hitting an unintended target with the assault rifles some of the officers on the scene were carrying

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
A good question would be why would he be carrying a gun on a bus anyways?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Don't we have a slight problem here?

Witnesses had a different story and said police overreacted.
As the man was running he had his hands up in the air, and then hit the ground when he was shot, one witness said.

Are there any witnesses saying the opposite? Or did this gun and shell casing just turn up out of a cops pocket, later to be "found"?

Guess it doesn't matter. We all know who a judge is going to listen to. I'm not just going off on cops, but so far the available info doesn't add up.
edit on 7/17/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join