It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Police Shoot and Kill Teenager over $2 bus fare GRAPHIC VIDEO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Wow, that was incredibly difficult to watch..
Finding the gun later seems a little to convenient.
Not buying that.

It's well known that gang members will watch other gang members backs like picking up drugs or weapons and hiding them from the police, so it's really not that hard to believe. Secondly, we didn't see what happened here, we don't know the story through a first hand experience. All we know is what the police tell us through the media and what the video shows us which isn't much except for a guy laying on the ground bleeding.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The title of the article is a lie. He was shot because of the gun not the bus fare.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

yes and i say it again if you like, i dont care...they just standing around and doesnt helped him, i mean isnt it a cops job to help people, even if they are "bad" ?

Those little Cop boys are no man to me.
bastards!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DJLateralus

What a poor guy just minding his own business and gets shot over 2 dollars. I call bull sh*t on this entire thread.

Lets just make the piece fit to fill our hateful hearts.

link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Wow, that was incredibly difficult to watch..
Finding the gun later seems a little to convenient.
Not buying that.

It's well known that gang members will watch other gang members backs like picking up drugs or weapons and hiding them from the police, so it's really not that hard to believe. Secondly, we didn't see what happened here, we don't know the story through a first hand experience. All we know is what the police tell us through the media and what the video shows us which isn't much except for a guy laying on the ground bleeding.

You're right, it's not hard to believe. But I'm still not buying it.
Sorry that's just my opinion.

link   

Originally posted by buster2010
The title of the article is a lie. He was shot because of the gun not the bus fare.

But had the incident in question of the bus fare not occurred, the man would not have been shot.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Words can not even described how #ED this is. Absolutely atrocious and despicable. I am unsure how the commuting system is like for San Francisco's Muni light rail, but I have to assume it is sort of like a subway system. Pay at the entrance and then you have access to the light rail.

I assume what happened here is this person did neglect to pay the one dollar and change fee to the subway. And when he was caught I would say the worst thing that happened is he resisted ticketing. Maybe ran. But murdered for apparently carrying a weapon the police can't find? ...

What doesn't make sense is that he is in the middle of the sidewalk and I don't see any light rail station. So what happened? Did police harass him as he tried to walk away from the situation? Maybe he ran and the police chased him down?

San Francisco Chief of Police Greg Suhr - (415) 553-1551
San Francisco Police Community Relations Unit - (415) 734-3280

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vlady95
A good question would be why would he be carrying a gun on a bus anyways?

Why do a number of people in American cities carry guns illegally? Drug dealers, criminal intents, robberies, muggings, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
reply to post by Subjective Truth

yes and i say it again if you like, i dont care...they just standing around and doesnt helped him, i mean isnt it a cops job to help people, even if they are "bad" ?

Those little Cop boys are no man to me.
bastards!

They have a crowd of people swearing them out and you want them to turn their backs on the crowd to help a criminal who probably deserved everything he got.

I did not feel bad when the LA bank robber died behind the car after that shootout either. Call me cruel.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJLateralus

But had the incident in question of the bus fare not occurred, the man would not have been shot.

I guess if the incident never occurred, he could be sitting on that bus waiting to find a place to rob? or maybe he just wanted to sell the gun so he had food for his family..... I wonder.....

edit on 17-7-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJLateralus

That was his choice not the cops. But by all means blame the people who are just doing there jobs. He made a choice and paid for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

Words can not even described how #ED this is. Absolutely atrocious and despicable. I am unsure how the commuting system is like for San Francisco's Muni light rail, but I have to assume it is sort of like a subway system. Pay at the entrance and then you have access to the light rail.

I assume what happened here is this person did neglect to pay the one dollar and change fee to the subway. And when he was caught I would say the worst thing that happened is he resisted ticketing. Maybe ran. But murdered for apparently carrying a weapon the police can't find? ...

From the article, it sounds like their light rail is run like ours here in Denver, on the honor system.

A police spokesman said the shooting began after two uniformed officers conducted a fair inspection on a Muni light rail vehicle.

What doesn't make sense is that he is in the middle of the sidewalk and I don't see any light rail station. So what happened? Did police harass him as he tried to walk away from the situation? Maybe he ran and the police chased him down?

They detained the man on the platform, but he fled on foot.

Does the link to the article in the OP not work for everyone?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We do not know what happened. Drawing a conclusion from the video is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just say Karma...
the hole world will become back their good or bad Karma soon..

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Somebody that my "lady friend" has known since childhood just got killed by a cop last week. The kid was accused of stealing something from a friend's house, they got into an argument, and he left. I guess she called the cops on him and an off-duty officer stalked him. He was confronted, the kid got into a drunken fight, and the retarded cop pulled a gun on him and shot him. I don't care if a cop gets punched in the face. A gunshot to the head is a little overkill, don't ya' think?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

I don't by that either...I here most carry throw a ways for this very reason. The bad apples do anyway...but what makes it worse is that those bad apples are usually protected by the rest of them
It just leaves me not knowing which is worse...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
there is no way of telling what happened from the video so we can discount them, they only prove something happened not what happened.

then there are two versions of events, the reported story/what the police say, and then what the crowd say, untill someting becomes available to prove who is telling the truth again there is no way of knowing.

but i agree with others, why leave him there to die? why no help to stop the bleeding or slow the bleeding untill medics arrive? why leave him on his own to die with no attempt to save him?

he might of done something wrong but he is still a human being with a family.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vlady95
A good question would be why would he be carrying a gun on a bus anyways?

2nd amendment.

it's strange, either he was shooting at the cops and tossed it, then got shot in the back or he was holding the pistol while running and got shot. but you figure the cops had a complete view of him all the time.

and if a cop is close enough to have a line of sight to hit him in the back, he would have saw the general area were it was thrown or the gun would have been laying beside him and would have seen a citizen take it.

the only thing that makes sense is that they lost sight of him for a few moments and didn't know he wasn't armed when they shot him.

but then they say a citizen might have took the gun. with the reputation american cops have, there was no gun to begin with and the cop most likely thought it was legal to shoot unarmed fleeing citizens.

the video is disturbing watching a man trying to stay alive, while the ambulance arrives 20 minutes later.

edit on 17-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I find it sad that the cops just stand around with their guns pointed instead of helping the guy.

They waited 1:39 seconds into the video before somebody got close.

And for those that want to say they feared he had a gun, why did the cop and the cop with the assault weapon in front of the camera have their back to the suspect?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join