It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Pot has no medical purpose

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

If members here cannot abide by the RULES set in place that everyone agreed to when they signed up.....the thread will be closed.

There is no linking to marijuana sites or any other discussion boards.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents).

There is no talk of personal use or legalization:
Alt. Sub. Conspiracies: This forum is for the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the trade and trafficking of illicit drugs, and inequities in enforcement of drug-related laws. Personal use, advocacy of legalization, and related non-conspiratorial topics are not allowed. Members posting about personal recreational use of drugs and related mind-altering substances may be banned without warning.This forum is not intended for discussion of legalization advocacy or speculation of enlightenment or spiritual possibilities related to drug use.

edit on July 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.
edit on July 10th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

second line

edit on 10-7-2011 by mustard seed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I'm sure the post title is very appealing, hence the life so far this thread is allowed lol

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
reply to post by greeneyedleo

There seems to be another conspiracy involving revenue streams from advertisers and search engine ranking systems that perhaps penalizes sites like ATS for attempting to have open discussions on drug related topics and is inhibiting such sites from engaging in such discussions.

Yes?

The conspiracy between big pharma, media and government regarding cannabis is deeply rooted in society. So much so a "conspiracy discussion board" will not discuss the enormous conspiracy which has made a weed grounds for prison in society and ostracism from sites such as this. It is too bad as the general members here are oblivious to the huge shell game happening right now that will affect what kind of meds they will get over the next decade.
I have asked the mods for guidance in posting and have gotten the canned TOS which does not address a lot of issues coming forward like the Frank/Paul bill and if we can even discus it and no answer thus far as to the dipossition of the TOS in this matter. I guess one can deny ignorance but you can't fight fear

seed

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

I had considered that. It was unintentional on my part. I am used to following rules for BAN and simply titled my thread verbatim as to the article title I linked in the op.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Seriously guys, if you follow the T&C your post(s) will stay.

Linking to a site that advocates using alternative substances is AGAINST T&C. Heck I even messaged that poster stating that they should compile the list manually.

There is no agenda that I can see, other than enforcing the T&C

As for me I must discuss the topic, or I too will be bad.

Pharma makes money off of you being sick, if they give a cure you are no longer sick and they no longer make money. Super simple, money is always at the root.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Seriously, did you even see my post? I thought it was related to alternative substances conspiracy discussions, relevant to the activity on this thread, and related to the topic we were discussing. I mean the site no disrespect, and am trying to stay within the t&c's.

I know this is a touchy subject, and I guess I went too far in the estimation of some. Please forgive me.

Based on their current stance, it doesn't seem like the feds will ever come around to what I consider conventional wisdom with regard to medicinal uses for cannabis.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yeah I did and you were not talking about the thread you were discussing moderator actions, as you are trying to do now. That post was not on topic, that is why it was removed.

The post with the link of sources was removed because it linked to a site that advocates drug use, again against the T&C.

I have talked about this current topic (Pharma vs Medical Marijuana) several times in the past, and have had no troubles. I bet I can scroll through this and other threads with posts in favor of medical advancement, and that are still on the boards.

Bottom line, this is a touchy subject. All the more reason to go over the rules with a fine tooth comb.

Now, again I must lean to the topic or be a hypocrite.

Marijuana has no medical purpose? Then why do they supply a small portion of people with medical marijuana? Not a state, the FEDERAL government grows and supplies medical marijuana to a portion of people. I think I would focus on that, more than the other "proof of medical property" papers. (PLENTY to choose from, of course.)

All boils down to money though, until you can convince Pharma that marijuana has MONITARY properties, there will be no medical properties (That they will admit to.)

EDIT (One star recieved before edit)
I was referencing your first post on this page, I did NOT read your second post. (Icarus) And my first T&C comment was directed to the link that led to a no-no place. Compile the list manualy, and it should be of no consequence (mod wise)

As always, thank you mods for your hard work. (Seriously)
edit on 7/10/2011 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

We can disagree about the intent of my last post. It was in response to yours, and I assumed it was being watched closely.

I am aware that the feds grow some of the most potent strains of cannabis for their own purposes. That contradicts the FDA claim about no existing research programs. Maybe someone should file an application as the report cites none existing in that case as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
American Medical Association

www.ama-assn.org/ama1/pub/upload/mm/443/csaph-report3-i09.pdf

(...)

(2) Our AMA recommends that marijuana be retained in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act pending the outcome of such studies. Our AMA urges that marijuana’s status as a federal Schedule I controlled substance be reviewed with the goal of facilitating the conduct of clinical research and development of cannabinoid-based medicines, and alternate delivery methods. This should not be viewed as an endorsement of state-based medical cannabis programs, the legalization of marijuana, or that scientific evidence on the therapeutic use of cannabis meets the current standards for a prescription drug product. (New HOD Policy)

(...)

American College of Physicians

www.acponline.org/advocacy/where_we_stand/other_issues/medmarijuana.pdf

(...)

Position 4 (see Addendum): ACP urges an evidence-based review of
marijuana's status as a Schedule I controlled substance to determine
whether it should be reclassified to a different schedule. This review
should consider the scientific findings regarding marijuana's safety
and efficacy in some clinical conditions as well as evidence on the
health risks associated with marijuana consumption, particularly in its
crude smoked form.

Position 5: ACP strongly supports exemption from federal criminal
prosecution; civil liability; or professional sanctioning, such as loss of
licensure or credentialing, for physicians who prescribe or dispense
medical marijuana in accordance with state law. Similarly, ACP
strongly urges protection from criminal or civil penalties for patients
who use medical marijuana as permitted under state laws.

(...)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

edit on 11-7-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

The only reason the FDA is keeping a PLANT illegal is because they cannot synthetically recreate a plant, but only certain "compounds" (such as THC found in MARINOL).

Wrong. It's because anyone could plant it in their backyard and the pharma industry would lose big bucks.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Smoking pot has no use, while several of the active constituents in marijuana are already used in medical treatments. The entire legalize it movement is a scam meant to allow for the use of a mind altering drug linked to long term cognitive damage.

I couldn't care less if people want to live in a skewed reality full of forgotten joy and misplaced dreams, eat your oreos and tell your stories and laugh at nothing in particular. Enjoy your "inspired" moments when you think realizing that the moon is actually a sphere is momentus.. Go for it if that's what you think you need in life.. But lose the bs about medical use... Almost no one actually cares and those that do know that it's already used!

Call it what it is... A scam to take the heat off drug users.

All of the places that have legalized have seen a declining social quality and increasing crime rate.

The much acclaimed Amsterdam is slowly rolling back it's drug culture...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
After having seen with my own eyes what chemo does to a cancer patient I'd say the Feds are full of #.

Also remember, marijuana is not the term for it, it's ganja. Industrial use = hemp. We can use the feds' terminology if you'd like, but why?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Simple step to everyone who cares, IGNORE THEIR RULES!, they only apply if you follow them.

PS Do so at your own risk.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx

Smoking pot has no use, while several of the active constituents in marijuana are already used in medical treatments. The entire legalize it movement is a scam meant to allow for the use of a mind altering drug linked to long term cognitive damage.

I couldn't care less if people want to live in a skewed reality full of forgotten joy and misplaced dreams, eat your oreos and tell your stories and laugh at nothing in particular. Enjoy your "inspired" moments when you think realizing that the moon is actually a sphere is momentus.. Go for it if that's what you think you need in life.. But lose the bs about medical use... Almost no one actually cares and those that do know that it's already used!

Call it what it is... A scam to take the heat off drug users.

All of the places that have legalized have seen a declining social quality and increasing crime rate.

The much acclaimed Amsterdam is slowly rolling back it's drug culture...

Meh, spose ya like a drink ai, or maybe you enjoy a runners high, or maybe you get that buzzy feeling each Sunday when you talk with your god. I don’t judge you by whatever peaceful activity you enjoy because that would just be rude.

Oh and I gave you a star, as you seem a bit grouchy
edit on 11-7-2011 by deenuu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join