It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Pot has no medical purpose

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I am gonna go blind thanks to the governments policies on pot.
The year before last I was diagnosed with Glaucoma, and I do not live in a medical marijuana state. It was supposed to be one, but the governor shot it down after it passed the house.

I am tempted to move to Cali where I have 2 medical conditions that would qualify me for medical mj.

This is all about control and money, not about our well-being. Most of the people who smoke medical mj will tell ya it has a lot of good uses, it does make a difference in their lives. Those who smoke and just sit around doing nothing, well, I've been there too, it does happen, but at least they are not out beating up women or robbing banks, they are at home eating candy and cookies and getting fat.

And someone like me, who doesn't want to go blind, will have to go to constant doc appointments, paying tons of cash for eye drops and more doc visits, when I could just be enjoying life.

Who the hell is the government to tell me how I should live my daily life? I pay my taxes, I worry about my fellow man, I help people when I can, and am no criminal, but if I buy a bag to help slow down and reduce eye pressure, and prevent blindness and pain, I guess I am a criminal....this is a sad topic for me, and for anyone who does not live in a medical mj state.

I hope that eventually the US gov will pull its head out of its butt and allow people to be FREE again, free to choose. Freedom of choice, give it to me to make my own medical choices.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Have you watched Run From the Cure? If I'm remembering correctly there was a guy in there with Glaucoma who found the healing oil to be extremely beneficial.

Please make sure it doesn't come to that.

"Anyone who believes that all laws should always be obeyed would have made a fine slave catcher."
-John J. Miller

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

I honestly think the feds are going to take another look at this through the court system and, in the end, come around to recognizing the value of medicinal marijuana. And by value, I mean $$$ value. That's really the only thing that matters to them. Can they maintain control and make lots of money from it? I think they can. Not everyone has a green thumb, or the space, necessary materials, and environmental conditions to grow their own.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrinkYourDrug

Have you watched Run From the Cure? If I'm remembering correctly there was a guy in there with Glaucoma who found the healing oil to be extremely beneficial.

Please make sure it doesn't come to that.

"Anyone who believes that all laws should always be obeyed would have made a fine slave catcher."
-John J. Miller

I will look up Run from the Cure, ty for the advice.

I won't allow myself to go blind if I can help it, it just sucks that in order to go the easy cheap route I gotta break the law. Especially now with things the way they are.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I will look up Run from the Cure, ty for the advice.

Glaucoma is only touched on briefly, with cancer the main focus of the film. Just looked up the transcript. One guy talks about how the pressure in his eyes was reduced from 31 and 32mmHg to 14 and 16mmHg. He was taking the oil to cure skin cancer and I'm not sure if he needs regular doses to maintain those pressures.

I won't allow myself to go blind if I can help it, it just sucks that in order to go the easy cheap route I gotta break the law. Especially now with things the way they are.

I agree, it sucks very much that people wish to threaten violence against others to protect them from using the "wrong" medicine. Stay safe and exercise all necessary precautions. In time this war and their law will be looked back on and viewed by most as the crime against humanity it really is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join