It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Conspiracy that has it ALL...... Phone Hacking, Corporations, Police Collusion.........

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Great thread, this shows just how morally corrupt Murdoch and his lackey's are.

As there are more and more instances coming to light one has to wonder just how common and widespread this practice is and what other illegal and immoral practices were / are standard within the industry as a whole?

I also wonder how far Cameron will want this pushing given that Coulson was his Communications Director for well over 3 years, including during the election.
One has to wonder what practices he may have used whilst performing that role?

And after supporting Coulson surely Cameron's judgement must be questioned.

In addition Murdoch and News International are well known supporters of Cameron and The Conservative Party.

Just one thing slightly off tack;

IT STINKS and this is a turning point in our history when the people need to take back some of the power we have lost to big corporations and TPTB

It does indeed stink and just shows the complete lack of morals and scruples of those that seek to govern us. Oh how I wish that it is a turning point, I suspect however that it will be one of a series of revelations that severely tests the patience and goodwill of the British people, just who is pulling the strings?

But I digress and to my point; exactly what powers have we lost to corporations and the elite etc?
As far as I can see we've never had any significant power other than that of the mob etc, what power we've had / have is illusory....that's not to say that they aren't seeking to impose more controls over us and deny us our freedoms and liberties.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
To Both

FreeBorn and Woodward Jnr

You both know in the past I have ranted about Politics and the fact that there seems to be an anti-Conservative bias BUT after watching your fillm WW Jnr it has started to make me feel Quite unsettled that it is becoming VERY CLEAR...... we, as the free (?) population are being governed and influenced by a group / cliche of people who may well be corrupt, greedy, money focussed and basically dis-honest............ IMHO it is not good enough.......

The fact that in the film it talks about Andy Coulson being the 'bridge' between Cameron and friends (ReBEKa et al) and the common people............... It seems that Andy Coulson is nothing much more than a spiv wide boy who has done well by being in the right place at the right time.! He does not illustrate the common man or working middle class...! he is a little scumbag who apparently does anything to climb the career pole......

I do NOT want these people representing me, setting laws down which govern me.......... As a Conservative Voter I am actually APPAULD by this BUT remember that TPTB, IMO are actually the Media moguls, newspaper editors etc whom subvert peoples 'free thinking' with the garbage they flogg on the street corners and through Sky TV .......

We the people need to rise up and 'hurt' this lot............. as i said in my opening............ I will NOT buy anymore Papers, I will NOT subscribe to SKY tv, I will not Knowingly buy any products or services advertised through these media people............

Enough is enough ...

PDUK

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I have heard that Rebekka Brooks spent Chrismas day at 10 downing Street and
is a close and personel friend of the Prime Minister..
he also has connections to the Murdock empire..
Sorry but this stinks to high heaven..
I feel sorry for the relatives of these abhorent crimes and the scumbags who did
this need to be turned over to the police..
Some of whom have been paid by the newspapers..
Peace and love to all ATS members
regards
Plazmuh

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mfc1PLAZMUH

Turned over to the police? Sounds like it all started with them selling on the victims phone numbers.

My bet is that there will be a few more revelations, followed by investigations, then enquiries, and by then everybody's lost interest and gone back to gawping at pictures of Colleen Rooney walking down the street with shopping bags

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Well this all began under a a Labour government, so we should definitely not let New Labour off the hook either. Both parties are just as culpable to sucking up to the Murdoch empire. I imagine Murdoch is reasonably a polictical. He wont care who runs the government as long as whoever does allows him to make money.

edit on 6-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Cameron, Clegg, Blair.....New Labour, Conservatives, ConDems.....same old same old......same Old Boys Club, same agenda.
And the same network behind them.

Only the naive and the stupid still believe there is any significant difference with any of the three major political parties and their long term goals and obgectives.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Latest from the 'beeb' is that NOTW is loosing advertisers at a growing rate, if all advertisers cancel, they wont have enough money to print, one less NWO mouth piece. I think the term 'gutter press' is correct.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

We need a revolution .......

Get rid of the whole thing imo, then perhaps we will have integrity back in this country and people like myself will not be sent on illegal wars across the globe on behalf of corporations and their interests...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Doesn't matter what colour tie they wear, they are all the same.

The system is obviously completely and utterly broken.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Now the Police are suggesting that one of the 7th of July Heroes, Paul Dages phone was hacked........ he was pictured helping the wounded after the terrist attack in London..

7/7 photo man Paul Dadge's phone 'possibly hacked'
www.bbc.co.uk...

The bottomline here to all this is that ANY event , however serious and upsetting for those involved has been (and is ?) open season for those in the media to ''CRAFT'' a story from and sell to the desensitised public hordes who buy this crap.......

For all the Vile stories emergijng..... it is actually the publics morbid and short attention span which drives this Activity........ I think we need to look at ourselves as well as the Corrupt Journ's and Medi empires !!

PDUK

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I think this goes a little deeper than just satisfying the publics appetite for a tabloid story. Police have been taking payments from the NofW and governments have colluded with the very top of News International. It is a threat to democracy if one media company can yield so much power in British politics.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There was an interesting piece on Rebekah Brooks in the latest issue of Private Eye.

To summarise, it claimed that Murdoch was just about to ask Brooks to stand down from her post but was only saved by intervention from David Cameron.
Brooks has then embarked on a program to get herself pregnant so she can take a bumper payoff and head off into the sunset with her reputation intact ( I'd give her a hand with that).

With the latest revelations I'd be surprised if she didn't get a visit from Knacker of the Yard.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
There was an interesting piece on Rebekah Brooks in the latest issue of Private Eye.

To summarise, it claimed that Murdoch was just about to ask Brooks to stand down from her post but was only saved by intervention from David Cameron.
Brooks has then embarked on a program to get herself pregnant so she can take a bumper payoff and head off into the sunset with her reputation intact ( I'd give her a hand with that).

With the latest revelations I'd be surprised if she didn't get a visit from Knacker of the Yard.

I wonder why Murdoch was suggesting she should stand down?????? Maybe she had re-buffed his advances ...
or maybe Mr M knew more about the current situation and it was pre-emptive damage limitation ????

Either way ......... Mrs Trollop...sorry Rebeka, your not my type..... will have enough resources and assets by now to start her baby farm ....

Cheers

PDUK
edit on 6-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling - how sad, at my age !!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Shouldn't Andy Coulson be getting charged with purjury after lying at Tommy Sheridans own perjury trial?

www.bbc.co.uk...

He told the court: "I don't accept there was a culture of phone hacking at the News of the World."
When asked by Sheridan, who was defending himself, whether his newspaper paid corrupt police officers, Mr Coulson answered "not to my knowledge".
"There is nothing I am not prepared to discuss in relation to my time at the News of the World," he said during heated exchanges with Sheridan.
Mr Coulson also denied he been given a pay-off to keep quiet by the News of the World.

My viewpoint on Tommy Sheridan is slightly different after this. Yes, he obviously lied in court over initial swinger allegations, but I'm starting to wonder how the whole thing started in the first place.

en.wikipedia.org...

Do the journalists acquire phone numbers, hack those phones, discover juicy information then set up undercover interviews to gain confessions from unaware public figures? I'm beginning to think so. If so, isn't that a form of entrapment?

In my opinion, the chances of Mr Coulson not being aware of this rampant phone hacking and information laundering via the police is slim to nil. With the new claims of hacking and collusion, this form of journalistic investigation seems to be at epidemic proportions.
At the root of this, the police really need someone to police them, and there must be severe penalties for allowing this trend to prevail, because if someone on the streets did this it would be called stalking.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Just think for a moment, if the powers that be wanted more control over the press and thus have more control over what we read or hear in the news, what would be the best way of going about it without actually using force? Conjure up some massive scandal that affects not just celebs but the ordinery man on the street and thus disgusts the whole country, I am not saying this is what has happened, before you start attacking me lol, but it is food for thought and I bet in the course of the investigation more will come out, food for thought.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

As I stated in a previous post 'just who is pulling the strings?' and to what ends?
Wheels within wheels it seems.

I wouldn't rule any theory out at present, but of one thing I'm certain - it's not our best interests that are being served.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Totally agree its all smoke and mirrors me thinks.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What really bothers me is the Police corruption here. Selling information is unbelievable. Who authorised them to do this?

Most people mistakenly assume they are part of the Government and consequently under its rules, they are not. They are an unmonitored private company with concessions no other company gets from the Government. When you realise the extent of information the Police, in the course of an enquiry can actually pry into its amazing. If they are selling phone tap records to the media, is that all they are selling? How long before they start selling people's dna, business records, medicaly records etc. This has to stop. Part of our ghastly media controlled tv is programmes with the police strutting their stuff on the roads,raiding houses, grabbing drunks, yes many do a very good job, but you can't have failed to notice the hostility and change in attitude towards the public whom they once were employed to protect. We are clearly a commodity that arrest and it information therein provides them with an avenue to exploit.

Our Media was the best in the world before people like Murdoch took it over and now its corrupt, talentless and shallow. Anyone read a decent newspaper, looked forward to an evening in front of the telly, or even found a really good film you can't wait to be released?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Swanseadog

It doesn't get any better than this.

Top level Government, huge media corporations and corrupt police practices.

Now we have smoke and mirrors

I'm in hogs heaven.

I do find it really ironic that the empire that Murdoch built up by relying on the slabbering, frothing-at-the-mouth public has now turned full circle and has bit him on the cheeks.
He could very well be finished in the UK.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

There are quite a few aspects to this and one of the most concerning is the role the police played in it.

We now have Murdoch saying that News International will cooperate fully with the police and Cameron is resisting calls for an immediate inquiry and that we must wait until the police investigation is complete.

Now did I miss something here, none of this would probably have occurred in the first place if the police hadn't sold private and sensitive information to News International.
I don't know if that's illegal, it should be, but it sure as hell is immoral and insensitive.
Yet hear we have a situation where the police, who have lost all credebility and certainly have vested interests, are responsible for conducting the investigation.

It stinks to the proverbial high heaven!

The links between government, MSM, The Police, Civil Service and large corporations etc are deep rooted and very, very strong....so who has to gain by all this?

I suspect there is far more going on here than we will probably ever know.
edit on 6/7/11 by Freeborn because: bad 'grammer' sic

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join