It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Conspiracy that has it ALL...... Phone Hacking, Corporations, Police Collusion.........

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swanseadog
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Just think for a moment, if the powers that be wanted more control over the press and thus have more control over what we read or hear in the news, what would be the best way of going about it without actually using force? Conjure up some massive scandal that affects not just celebs but the ordinery man on the street and thus disgusts the whole country, I am not saying this is what has happened, before you start attacking me lol, but it is food for thought and I bet in the course of the investigation more will come out, food for thought.

SD

Interesting but the comparison here is that TPTB are trying to control a blood thirsty Tiger in the middle of a busy shopping centre...... I think the media is Part of TPTB..... they already control the Law makers (politicians) in this country........
My line of thought here is that TPTB have actually been caught out and somewhat exposed !!!! The trouble is that the Publics attention will be focussed elsewhere with something else soon and this ''Exposure'' will be forgotten........As a population we have to act NOW by refusing to buy newspapers and associated media connected to this media empire.................. as individuals we need to encourage others to do the same or this ''OPPORTUNITY'' will be lost...........

I bet in Swansea tommorrow, if you look at all the white vans going by, then they will all have a SUN or Mirror on the dash board........... the battle is already lost ...

UNLESS WE ACT NOW

PDUK
edit on 6-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: correcting drunken spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Lynda101

....so who has to gain by all this?

Sepp Blatter, perchance?

He's probably sitting in Switzerland thinking, "So these guys think I'M corrupt?"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Quite an interesting article by Peter Oborne about the medias complicity in dodgy methods which explains the lack of outrage in much of the press.

This should have been one of the great stories of all time. It has almost everything — royalty, police corruption, Downing Street complicity, celebrities by the cartload, Fleet Street at its most evil and disgusting. One day, I guess, it will be turned into a brilliant film, and there will be a compulsive book as well.

The truth is that very few newspapers can declare themselves entirely innocent of buying illegal information from private detectives. A 2006 report by the Information Commissioner gave a snapshot into the affairs of one such ‘detective’, caught in so-called ‘Operation Motorman’. The commissioner’s report found that 305 journalists had been identified ‘as customers driving the illegal trade in confidential personal information’. It named each newspaper group, the number of offences and the number of guilty journalists (see above). But, as the commission observed, coverage of this scandal ‘even in the broadsheets, at the time of publication, was limited’. The same reticence has been seen, until now, over the voicemail-hacking scandal.

www.spectator.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Watch this Video exchange between the Journo (?????)) Paul Mullen , former NotW and Actor Hugh Grant........ brilliant....the idiot from the paper is shown to be a complete and utter clutz and slimey scumbag out for profit and greed.....

www.bbc.co.uk...

I hope NotW and News International goes under...I really Do !!

PDUK

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
With Murdoch operating empires that run into the £billions, I'm not even sure this will dent his pockets in the long term. The public have shown their attention spans to be fairly short, and reasoning quite fickle. The only way I could possibly see this whole horrible debacle having any impact is if it drags itself out for a long time, like the MPs expenses scandal did. A long time without important advertising will surely hurt. Really, high profile advertising enables enterprises like Murdochs, and if they are holding him to ransom I can only hope their resolves hold out.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Except for the Sun I think the rest of News International is subscription only. Surely, they've got to be hurting financially. Hopefully this will be the final nail in the coffin.

PDUK, I thought Hugh Grant was brilliant there and showed balls for speaking out about the PMs, went up in my estimation tenfold

edit on 6-7-2011 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I for one have not bought a newspaper for about 3 years, I have no interest in reading about celebs, footballers etc, and you are probably right tptb control the press, or is it the other way round,joke, this could be to distract us from something else for a while, but I know in a week or so it will be something else being reported and this brushed away. The paper buying public are so numb to whats going on, because we are controlled and ultimately will do nothing because it is the way we are programmed, programmed to accept what we are told and not make waves because they know what is good for us, some of us see whats wrong but what do we do nothing except extrapolate our views on here while sitting in our homes its as much use as spitting in the wind and thats the way tptb want us.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Aother example of how CORRUPTED our society is was just broadcast on Radio 5 Live this morning..

A Phone in guest, a lady who used to be a PR Manager for an Entertainments company told this story...

One of her companies events went wrong and members of the public were hurt in an accident......She was called to the scene and arrived on site within 15-20 mins to discovers 10's of photographers taking pictures of the injured and 'getting int the way' of the emergengcy services.....
They were cleared away but the Woman and the company held an enquiry to understand why so many of the 'media' had arrived before everyone else...

It transpired that it was Not an internal leak to the press BUT the EMERGENCY SERVICES had tipped off the press about what was going on !!! ffs

Wether it was the Paramedics, Police, Fire Brigade or call centre staff it doesn't matter......... it actually beggars belief that they are OBVIOUSLY accepting BUNGS for info too...............what a sad society we have become !!!

I'm not suggesting for one minute that ALL emergency service personnel are the same but Obviously some let the side down !!

Also on the phone in it was discussed that since 2007 there have been around 200 criminal convictions of Policemen for breaching the Dat Protection Act......... CONVICTIONS .........and nearer 700 internal disciplinary actions to serving Officers and staff.......................

These figures are Shocking............

PDUK
edit on 7-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
the state of scrutiny is showing it's true colours.
when public services tout their connections for profit, who is then deemed trustworthy?
it has now been revealed that a possible hacking excercise has been conducted on the armed services in far off wars.
again how deep and wide is this mess?
the establishment if found to be complicit with this, needs circumventing to a degree that the general public tethers any and all statute and legislation powers. whilst debates are ongoing in parliament as to engaging with the bigger society, they seem to be deciding as to the scope of inclusion we all deserve within their comfort zone.
a public independent oversight structure should be created to firstly vet and test all political candidates. it should then identify waste and kick the public school network brown nosers where it hurts.

i wonder if the sky deal will still go through or will we hear another simpering statement from you know who (senior downgraded business secretary junior)?
f

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobby

Whoever the police sell this information on to gains, because its not information they can access from the public domain, its people's private information. We only know they have sold to the press so far. Don't you think if you can earn a buck from one market you wouldn't be open to trading that same information in another?

The Police work to a budget and a set of expenses both of which are having a very short hair-cut. They are a private company with a commodity of information. Firms whether media or whatever buy information.

What I do think we need to be very careful about is the actions of Government, Royals, celebrities in short the elite lobbying the lawmakers at a prime time, to bring in privacy laws geared to protect their specific privacy in the guise of 'protecting the public'.

We would loose out if that happens because nothing would change re the proptecting the public but the elite would have their expensive lawyers suing any mention of their discretions.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Sainsburys has also pulled its advertising, until further notice. So basically the NofW will have no adverts and a massively reduced circulation this Sunday. There is a whole load of people cuing up for their compensation or their day in court that will cost the NofW a small fortune. Will be interesting to see if they can weather the storm , but like a poster above said, most people have short memories and will be getting their fix of odious Murdoch media within weeks. People will forget this continue to read and continue to be influenced by the moral posturing or a morally bankrupt newspaper.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Whooops wrong thread =D
edit on 7/7/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

wwjnr

Royal British Legion suspends NoW ties over 'hacking'............

www.bbc.co.uk...

I share your concerns over the very short term memories of the population......... the public have been de-sensitized to news by the very same media organisations whom have been committing these vile acts YET i think this one will actually run and run in people's minds....

The more stories like the one above , Hacking Deceased Soldiers and families phones become understood then there will be more and more anger building....

The BBC are having a field day at the moment with this because News Corp are direct competitors but lets hope that when the enquiry gets going some are whiter than white ...

PDUK

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I guess the controlled media is in cahoots with the police and the govt. Just another arm or the govt. The press admit making payments to the police. That is a crime, how ever I doubt if the police will be charged. The editor may be thrown to the wolves, but she will be well paid for it and no doubt offered another job, in the organisation. I havent bought a paper in years and dont watch the box. Most of my news I get from the net.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This all thing stinks. Didn't murdoch fund camerons election campaign too? or at least give him his backing in his media corps so that cameron would relax a law if he came to power allowing murdoch to buy sky outright? Even the average person is pissed off with news corp now (but i think that will blow over with a couple of facebook groups) I cant seethe govt doing much about tbh.
edit on 7-7-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Here's another great article from Peter Oborne in The Telegraph about the Chipping Norton set. I live about 4 miles from Chipping Norton.

It was called the Chipping Norton set, an incestuous collection of louche, affluent, power-hungry and amoral Londoners, located in and around the Prime Minister’s Oxfordshire constituency. Brooks and her husband, the former racing trainer Charlie Brooks, live in a house scarcely a mile from David and Samantha Cameron’s constituency home. The two couples meet frequently, and have continued to do so long after the phone hacking scandal became well known.
PR fixer Matthew Freud, married to Mr Murdoch’s daughter Elisabeth, is another member of this Chipping Norton set. When Mr Cameron bumped into Freud at Rebekah Brooks’s wedding two years ago, he and Mr Freud greeted each other with exuberant high-fives to signal their exclusive friendship.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Typical...

This is the biggest scandal in the world right now (illegal wars and invasions aside) and involves police, politicians, a major corporation and all manner of criminal activity, not to mention some truly disgusting goings on...

And there's barely a peep on ATS about it

Just because it's not happening in America.....

*sigh*

Oh well, back to other sites that are discussing this and giving it the attention it deserves.

Nice thread though OP, at least you tried.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Cheers BB

I will keep adding info and interviews over time as I do NOT want this off the radar........... the more that is uncovered and Understood then the more this may well prove to be a turning point in British History....

I do not think many really understand the Ramifications of the enquiry which will start soon and how it affects our daily lives........

It will become more obvious soon BUT the 'surpressed' masses who have been fed a diet of sanitised news to dumb down the senses may lose interest UNLESS there is a celebrity or a pair of tits involved !!

PDUK

I can think aof a pair of tits already... Andy Coulson and Paul McCullen for a start !!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There is a page here offering a continually updated record of events, headed with a picture of David Cameron and Rebekah Brooks 'Chipping Norton set'.

12.30pm: Hélène Mulholland has more details on Ed Miliband's comments on phone hacking this morning. The Labour leader suggested David Cameron's leadership on the scandal suffers because of his "close relationships" with individuals embroiled in the affair at News International.
He quipped that Cameron and News Corporation chief Rupert Murdoch appeared to be the only two individuals in the entire country who believed that Rebekah Brooks, News International chief executive, should stay in her post.

edit on 7/7/11 by Mark Harris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Harris

Cheers Mark

Good link to that blog from the Guardian (? - are they just as bad ?)

www.guardian.co.uk...

Just looked and saw that Boots the Chemist is suspending ads...

1.09pm: Statement from Boots, courtesy of colleague Rupert Neate:

"In light of the evolving situation, we have put on hold further advertising with the News of the World. An advertisement, which was printed some time ago, however, will appear in this Sunday's Fabulous magazine."

Rupert adds that Boots is NOTW's 7th biggest advertiser, spending £900k a year.

The Snowball is growing I think ....... It is probably also convienient for many Big Advertisers to run a little experiment of reigning back in ad spends and seeing the impact on business............ Without a reason to try then they are all in the same pack together.........

PDUK
edit on 7-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join