It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Conspiracy that has it ALL...... Phone Hacking, Corporations, Police Collusion.........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was goin to go to bed but then another peice of news just caught my eye...... Wed 6th July @ 00.45am)

News of the World to close on Sunday – live coverage

• News International closes paper in wake of scandal
• Government announcement on BSkyB will take several weeks
• News of the World paid £100,000 bribes to Met police officers
• Miliband questions Cameron's 'close relationships with NI
• Met police going through 11,000 pages containing 4,000 names

'News of the World 'paid police for stories'

www.bbc.co.uk...

News international has uncovered e-mails that indicate payments were made to the police by the News of the World, during the editorship from 2003-7 of Andy Coulson.

HOW CONVIENT that a Newspaper Corporation (News International) who have earlier been exposed as using 'vile' methods of gaining news scoops have just uncovered these NEW e-mails suggesting that a previous employee was PAYING the British Police for more News worthy stories !!!???!!!

Earlier in the day it was suggested that the News International Corporation had Journalists and freelance agents out there looking for news stories........... i'm sure we are aware of the 'hacking' scandels involving 'celebrities', (Sienna Millar, Hugh Grant, Lord Prescott etc etc) ...... these agents and employees of the newspaper have ALSO hacked the mobile phone of a murder victim, Milly Dowler WHILST she was still being searched for !!! They even allegedly 'deleted' messages so as to free up more message space from relatives OBLIVIOUS to what was going on ???!!

The Whole sorry story here is that there is a possible very DEEP rabbit hole with alot of people trying to make as much as they can without a care for those who are suffering.............

IT STINKS and this is a turning point in our history when the people need to take back some of the power we have lost to big corporations and TPTB............

I am fuming because it is just so wrong on the part of the GREED focussed...it pisses me off....!!

I will NEVER buy another newspaper again, I will NEVER subscribe to SKY tv and any other type, I will NEVER actively support any product or service related to these people.....

Phone-hacking police meet murdered Soham girls' parents
www.bbc.co.uk...

Calls grow for inquiry into newspaper phone-hacking
www.bbc.co.uk...

Timeline: News of the World phone-hacking row
www.bbc.co.uk...

There is an emergency Enquiry in the House of Commons today (Weds)......... Lets see what comes from this or will it be alot of hot air and sentiment but not really very much because the CAREER politicans will want to keep their heads down from the Massive Media Corps and The real powers that be ..?

Regards

PDUK

edit on 5-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition of a link

edit on July 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: added new source per OP's request....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I was watching that news story and as much as I tried listening to the details I was more interested in the fact that the CEO at the centre of inverstigation was a woman.

She got all the info and a powerfull position.

Sorry, just had to share, you dont see many women in a position like that.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I was watching that news story and as much as I tried listening to the details I was more interested in the fact that the CEO at the centre of inverstigation was a woman.

She got all the info and a powerfull position.

Sorry, just had to share, you dont see many women in a position like that.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

To quote a song title

''the female of the species is more dealy than the male''

Rebekka Brooks is VERY close to Murdoch, he treats her like one of his daughters apparently......

She was around when some of this was going on and if she wasn't aware of it then she must be either
(a) incompotetent at her job or (b) aware and possibly frantically covering tracks ??

PDUK

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

That's not entirely true.. At least not in America.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I kinda agree with the BBC agenda to point out that many UK Mp's are downright scared of News Corp.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashwhy

I kinda agree with the BBC agenda to point out that many UK Mp's are downright scared of News Corp.

BBC are just a s bad, they just havnt been caught,

i hate the Media in the UK, tabloids a litterally mind rotting, itv news is dim, bbc news has an agenda and i pay for them to do so!! it worries me as the people making decsions in the uk are controlled by these idiots and there fat (sometimes under the counter) pay checks

if i have to watch somthing i'll watch channel four but i'd rather swing by my local conspiracy nut page n see whats really happening.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

News international has uncovered e-mails that indicate payments were made to the police by the News of the World, during the editorship from 2003-7 of Andy Coulson.

And what did Coulson do after leaving NOTW? Became Cameron's media advisor. The whole thing stinks. It's now coming out that the parents of the two murdered schoolgirls in Soham may have had their phones hacked as well. It's one thing hacking a celebs phone to get some juicy gossip, but these stories are something else.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is stirring up a VERY uncomfortable feeling in me. It's almost perverse that journalists would snoop around to such an extent, and all this to sell, sell, sell.

I personally think that Ms Brooks is more involved than she lets on, acting like she is clueless about this. I wouldn't like to think how many other murder cases they've been spying on.

This is indicative of the morality of these people, if they are even human, and the insane trek they are willing to undertake for one sick snippet of information that they have no business being party to. And can I see anything changing? Unlikely, they'll just hide it better in future.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think rather a lot of it comes down to simple lazy journalism, fuelled in part by editorial demands for the instant sensational headline. Back in the 90s I used to drink with a guy who was a senior crime reporter on a big local paper here in Bristol, and he would rant about this sort of thing even back then. He'd often decline offers of this kind of tapped info, preferring instead to actually do RESEARCH, and investigate a story (you know, like he spent 4 years at journo school learning to do), and would often spend weeks or months working on a big story. Then he'd have a sideline piece that he might spend two or three YEARS on. He used to get a lot of flack from his bosses for this too. I think in today's media, if he wasn't now retired, he'd have long been fired or not even have been given the job in the first place.

If or when these latest allegations against the News of the World are shown to be true, then in all honesty, I hope the UK public turn right on 'em and put that crap-rag out of business, and I don't think it should stop there. I hope that if their pals at the met won't do it of their own choosing, then public demand will force the police and the CPS to bring charges against the investigator, the former editor and some very high-ups at NewsCorp.

If Mr. Murdoch is the proprietor of the comic, I mean "news"paper, then I think he should personally face some of the consequences.
edit on 5/7/11 by superwurzel666 because: changed a possibly ambiguous term

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The intrusion into peoples' privacy is getting worse and more flagrant.

I'm sickened how most people on the street have no idea that their freedom is merely an illusion.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
It was just a couple of weeks ago it came out that the Police sell details of vehicle accident victims to injury claim lawyers. Then we have countless TV shows about Police activity chasing around after car thieves, shop lifters, and drunks, they must sell these shows to the TV companies. And now we find out they sell phone numbers of victims to newspapers.

I take it the Police see the rest of us as a money making opportunity now. They must be delighted when crime happens as they see pound signs light up.

It's absolutly sickening.

edit on 6-7-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
scumbags galore in the uk!
this has been sat on since 2006. with andy coulson being the hub of payments to phone hackers and once commanding a position as pm mr cameron's aide, i find it sickening that police, media and government are all involved.
these organisations who intruded into victims lives by hacking their phones, i hope they all get multiple bleeding piles for every phone they hacked.
after what ms wade has said claiming she knew nothing, if it is the case she was involved, i hope the other newspapers splash her all over the front pages and maximise the effect of what she stands for.
7/7 victims hacked-- those involved want lynching for this
milly dowler's phone hacked in 2002? bring back the wheel!
i am wondering, how deep and how wide is this?
f

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The problem is, nearly 1 in 3 news papers read in britain are Murdoch owned. Politicians from both sides know damn well that they have to get into bed with Murdoch if they want to win an election. The Sun newspapers backing is essential for any government in the run up to an election.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that the Murdoch media is normally so self righteous, pontificating on broken Britain and stifulling any mature debate on immigration or drugs, yet the Murdoch tabloids are beyond moral bankruptcy in their practices.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
And now we have the news that they may also have hacked the phones of families who lost loved ones in 7/7..

www.bbc.co.uk...

A solicitor representing some of the relatives said one family had been contacted by police and told their phone may have been hacked in 2005.

tho standing back a bit.. isn't Vince Cable attributed with saying that he has declared war on Murdoch? and if so, could this be a part of that?

"You may wonder what is happening with the Murdoch press”, Mr Cable said. “I have declared war on Mr Murdoch and I think we’re going to win”

linky

If recent disclosures is part of that war, have they only recently been found or are have some people known about this for longer...

I hope these are new discoveries, but wouldn't be surprised if they had been sat on for months waiting for this moment..

I deeply dislike the direction this country seems to be heading..
edit on 6/7/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
How sad that this thread about a genuine conspiracy will quickly fall by the wayside to make way for more 'exciting' conspiracy theories involving impossible holograms, aliens, magic and unicorns...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Here is Rebecca Wade in 2003 admitting that they paid police. This has been going on for years. There can be no justification for paying police or for police accepting money for information.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I totally agree, it's absolutely disgusting the way they've behaved, and I'd imagine that it's not just the News Of The world who are up to this either, they're just the ones who got caught.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
How sad that this thread about a genuine conspiracy will quickly fall by the wayside to make way for more 'exciting' conspiracy theories involving impossible holograms, aliens, magic and unicorns...

And that is why it will fall to way side in favour of the more sensational... the truth is sometimes not quite so exiting.

I have wondered at times (when my tin foil hat gets a bit tight) if there really are interests out there on the internet that deliberately bury some topics and threads.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
This is quite an interesting video of the relationship between the new government and the Murdoch empire. It was made before Coulson was sacked, but still shows a relationship that is too close for government and media tycoons.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I have to add to the mix of this disgusting affair the shear lack of judgment of Cameron's choices of friends..

Unintentional and without knowledge?

He his good friends with both Coulsen AND Rebekah Brooks....

Not to mention best buds with David de Rothschild...

Kind of shines the light on who really does run the country huh???

They are all scum

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join