It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoria Mob Shielded by MSM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
i would implore all, before loosely throwing "animal/savages/ashamed to have african bloodlines" around, to use higher thinking and try to work out WHY or what the primer is that kicked off these riots.

there's always a primer.

can we use critical thinking, like is done with more fringe topics here on ATS and find what is causing this?

or even IF it is even going on.

edit on 27-6-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

interesting thoughts.

perhaps the Caterpillar factory layoffs as well as others are contributing factors ?

but then again, what can the average citizen do ?

the money is long gone, tax revenues are way down, property values are shot.

the social programs have proven to be failures.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This trend is actually getting to the point of disturbing. This isn't the first time in Peoria and the "mobs" seem to increasing in size. Philly teen mob raids a Sears store and a Chicago teen mob raids a Walgreens in broad daylight on Michigan Ave.. That takes some balls.

I guess it is too late to suggest that these teens go get jobs in the fast food industry. Those jobs are still there in most areas and always will be for the most part.

The scariest thing about this is the fact the police are unable to protect anyone in such a situation. Especially in areas that have had serious staffing cuts. I'm not dissing the police by any means. This is just a reality of a growing trend in law enforcement. They cannot protect you. You must protect yourself. The police for the most part are reactionary forces responding to calls after the crime has already occurred. The only prevention/protection service they can effectively provide is setting up a radar speed trap or a sobriety check point. They might get lucky on a patrol but in reality they are just waiting for the next call.

You must protect yourself and your family and the people of Peoria need to turn out in full mass to resist this threat to their livelihood and safety. They all need to sit on their porches to "clean" their shotguns when these goons show up. Perfectly legal.

Very sad. I fear that this is only the beginning and the writing on the wall indicates that we will see much worse as we get closer to the 2012 election. This is the chaos that is being orchestrated to lead this nation into large scale civil unrest. Shake the foundation long enough and the whole structure will collapse. Evil will always arise in the aftermath to loot all that has been left behind.

These mobs have absolutely no fear whatsoever and the Summer has only just begun.
edit on 27-6-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
to say there is always a "primer" is to sometimes over intellectualise matters- sometimes people with no moral compass decide it is a good idea to attack others who are of a different race, tribe etc

edit on 27-6-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
to say there is always a "primer" is to sometimes over intellectualise matters- sometimes people with no moral compass decide it is a good idea to attack others who are of a different race, tribe etc

It won't just be attacks on someone of a different race or culture. These goons will go right for the jugular of the wealthy and the "fat cats" that our own president has worked to demonize. In many ways he has fostered the behavior that we are seeing now by ridiculing his opposition at every opportunity. By demonizing the wealthy with one hand all the while he is accepting their "donations" with the other.

I have yet to see the leader of this nation rise above the fray to improve the discourse. He would rather feed it and throw himself right in the middle of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by blueorder

It won't just be attacks on someone of a different race or culture. These goons will go right for the jugular of the wealthy and the "fat cats" that our own president has worked to demonize. In many ways he has fostered the behavior that we are seeing now by ridiculing his opposition at every opportunity. By demonizing the wealthy with one hand all the while he is accepting their "donations" with the other.

I have yet to see the leader of this nation rise above the fray to improve the discourse. He would rather feed it and throw himself right in the middle of it.

oh absoloutely, race is part of it, as is supposed "wealth", I'm sure some of these sub human goons are automatically assuming all whites are wealthy and indulging in some sort of oppressive/power antics

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Subhuman?

Seems human nature to me.

Countless idiotic things humans do.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
And here's the re-write of the events.

Allegations of racist threats and mob-style intimidation in a West Bluff neighborhood Friday captured national attention over the weekend, but some say the claims were exaggerated.

Story

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by blueorder

Subhuman?

Seems human nature to me.

Countless idiotic things humans do.

Well I am counting these actions as sub human, as most humans do not do it

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
And here's the re-write of the events.

Allegations of racist threats and mob-style intimidation in a West Bluff neighborhood Friday captured national attention over the weekend, but some say the claims were exaggerated.

Story

gotta love it !

sounds like a big disclaimer to me !

I like this:

A group of 50 or so young people was walking down Thrush Avenue toward Sheridan Road about 10:50 p.m. Friday, concerning some residents..........

Khalid Davis, who lives on Thrush, said the group blocked a few cars but was very orderly.

blocking cars but were "orderly"

In the meantime, police have increased patrols in the area, and Ardis, who is out of town, expects more reports on the incident to be available when he returns Wednesday.

Kenny Rogers, who has lived on Sheridan for 10 years, called police Friday after he saw the group "hollering" and stopping traffic on the street. He did not hear anyone yell that they wanted to kill white people.

Rogers says the crowd was running wildly around yards and porches. It was the largest Rogers, 38, had ever seen in the neighborhood.

"They were doing a show of force," he said, "to show everybody, 'Hey, this is their hood.'"

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
so if some people hear racist comments, but not 100% EVERYONE, does that mean the racist tree never fell in the forest

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Oh, how they twist and turn the truth, ridiculous. This needs sorting out asap. No explanation needed.

In South Africa the younger generation of whites does not support anything the older generation have done wrong and yet they are slowly being forced back into it. Here the blacks sing on numerous live broadcasts "Kill The Boer" aka "Kill the white", and sadly many in the rest of the world believes that us white Safricans deserve it.

We teach our kids what is right and they grow up oblivious to the harsh reality which stares them in their face. They will always be targets because of that deep rooted hatred. Fact.

edit on 6/27/2011 by qonone because: Grammar

edit on 6/27/2011 by qonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

very true my friend, I face a conundrum with my own two kids in the sense that I have always tried to treat people as individuals and judge them on their own worth, however I notice their seems to be an acceptable hatred directed towards all things white/european (often from fellow whites who must have deep seated psychological issues)- basically will have to teach them to treat people as individuals, but never lose sight of the bigger picture or be ashamed of their ancestry (if anything, it should be a badge of honour, given all that European civilisation has brought)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

blocking cars but were "orderly"

Evidently "orderly" means that no one got killed. My dad said that this is the big talking point at the coffee shop he goes to religiously. All the good old boys are saying, " just let them come down my street or in my yard and I will introduce them to my friends, "Smith & Wesson" "!
He lives just over the River in East Peoria. There is definitely a huge push by the city council to hush this up. Peoria is hurting financially like every other major city in Illinois and doesn't want anything to scare away people away.

These gangs are destroying the quality of life in several neighborhoods in Peoria. In 2009 the Peoria Journal Star ran an article about the huge problem with gangs:

PEORIA —

Lawmakers, local law enforcement and Peoria's mayor on Tuesday made a public push for legislation to remedy an embarrassing statistic:

Illinois has the highest ratio of criminal gang members per capita. So says the 2009 National Gang Threat Assessment compiled by the National Gang Intelligence Center and the National Drug Intelligence Center.
"In order to solve a problem, you have to recognize where you're weak," U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock, R-Peoria, said during a news conference at the Peoria County Sheriff's Department.....

Officials see rising gang threat in Illinois

They are spending $20 million dollars a year for anti-gang efforts. This has been a huge failure. Gangs are more powerful than ever before. It has been reported that there are up to 25,000 gang members in Peoria. The governments answer to the problem?...spend more money! When will they figure out that this is almost never the answer to problems like this.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
White people seem to forget all the Racial policies in our collective History.

Up until thirty years ago, white people got the lion's share of everything, whatever was left over was for everyone else. Institutional racism was rampant, and minorities felt the sting everyday.

How is it that everyone on here expected there would be no pendulum swinging in the opposite direction?

Racism is abhorrant, no doubt, but just because you gave up being overtly racist when the law made you doesn't mean that racism is over.

I'd say whites, fair or not, are due for some unfair treatment, because generations of unfair treatment towards other races doesn't just evaporate overnight.

It's unfair, it's not right, but then again, niether was all the crap African Americans have dealt with for the last 300 years.

You don't just forget that, in fact, it becomes part of a cultures identity.

Sorry for those in Peoria, and Afrika, and Boise, but injustice is injustice, and right or wrong, there will be comeuppance.

Sucks, sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So the cops have tear gas and mob gear on for a college protest.

When some kids walk down the street and yell," Kill white people" this is perfectly fine.

reply to post by Sparky63

The government cant do what a parent should.

edit on 27-6-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Plus if you go the drudge report there are 3 different storie including one where a group of african americans savagley lynched a young white male minding his own bussiness. I am not one to draw a race card but everyone of these stories the perps are all african americans do these crimes in 'flash mob' style. This will not end good is all I can say. Like I said come to denver and try that stuff kids

They did NOT lynch the young man. They beat him almost beyond recognition and were charged "under the lynching law" currently on the books in that location.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

These mobs have absolutely no fear whatsoever and the Summer has only just begun.

I agree entirely, it's going to be a long, hot, bloody summer. I predict riots in every major city ... we already had riots here on Long Island, in New York City, and in upstate Rochester over Memorial Day Weekend.

Look at this past Memorial Day Weekend with the riots all over ... that's what the entire summer is going to be like. But hey, I am ready for them. Anyone know if civilians can legally posses tear gas grenades in NY? Probably not but it's worth asking.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

I agree entirely, it's going to be a long, hot, bloody summer. I predict riots in every major city ... we already had riots here on Long Island, in New York City, and in upstate Rochester over Memorial Day Weekend.

Look at this past Memorial Day Weekend with the riots all over ... that's what the entire summer is going to be like. But hey, I am ready for them. Anyone know if civilians can legally posses tear gas grenades in NY? Probably not but it's worth asking.

Throw a can of wasp and hornet spray in your bag... Bear spray works well also. Lots of volume in one of those cans. Enough to make someone think twice about advancing on you.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

Really?

Whites have never had unfair treatment? Ever?

You might want to go to Eastern Europe and explain that to all of the whites that were issued into 'indentured servitude' to the Soviet Empire.

Or you could go explain to Africa that the vast majority of slave takers were (and still are) from the Middle East.

Unfair treatment of people has been a trademark of humanity, ALL OF HUMANITY, for most of our existence.

I highly doubt it will go away anytime soon judging by some of the responses on here.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Arm yourself, are yourself very well.

And Practice practice practice with your weapon.

And then practice some more.

The problem is, if you are alone, you will only be able to take a handful with you---and, you can plan on "going" cause they aren't there to ensure your safety.

Just tell the cops... Only YOU can attempt to defend yourself 24/7/365.

Oh, an arm your wife too.

PS: Please keep these two principles in mind:

Dead Men Don't Tell Tales.....
Better be Judged by 12 than Carried by 6....

edit on 6/27/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join