It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoria Mob Shielded by MSM

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I never said that whites haven't been treated unfairly.

I am just stating that the injustice cuts both ways.

Whoever bears the brunt of racism now will be the oppressor later.

The cycle will continue until institutional racism is an ancient memory.

Good educations, realistic historical interpretations, and a calm and fair attitude are all invaluable assets in the fight.

'Shootin' thugs' is counter productive.

Insert 'if they come for your family, whatcha gonna do' argument here.

Racism is wrong, but historical amnesia doesn't help either.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

It sounds like someone is trying to spark a major fire. It seems it is easier to start up a bunch of poor angry people into doing things that will cause emotional conflicts among the citizens that it causes. Everyone, resist being drawn in to sides or actions that will lead to civil outrage. We are all americans black and white. Whites are not keeping blacks down and blacks are not stealing jobs from the whites. It seems people are trying to instigate issues of past events that no one alive was a part of. Resist and love one another.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits

Good educations, realistic historical interpretations, and a calm and fair attitude are all invaluable assets in the fight.

We are in agreement.

I must apologize, I interpreted your inital post, to imply that it is 'whitey's' turn at the proverbial short end of the stick.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by peck420

I never said that whites haven't been treated unfairly.

I am just stating that the injustice cuts both ways.

Whoever bears the brunt of racism now will be the oppressor later.

these little twerps have no reason to blame "whitey", and if they do, then they are just inherently bigoted or stupid, or perhaps both, yeah, I'm a gambling man and my money is that these little pieces of filth are bigoted and stupid.

Does whitey hate black for butchering him in Haiti, South Africa or even for the quite one sided cross racial crime stats? Not many, but keep mobbing up and talking about killing my kith and kin, my kids and loved ones, then maybe a lot more will start to get angry, hopefully that doesn't happen.....
edit on 27-6-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2011 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I don't know why or IF white people hate black people. People don't talk about it. There isn't a real "forum" with an in depth discussion going on. But I'll tell you, black people still feel white people hate them or at least feel negatively about them. And at the same time, a good number, almost majority of black people have disliked white people since slavery. Though the civil rights movement was to gain equality, it wasn't necessarily to gain "acceptance". This racial divide has always been here. It's the curse of the slain native americans. See what happens when you slaughter a people for their land?

Seriously though, racism is a tool of satan, and it's one of his best, next to greed, and envy.

Oh and need I remind you that though black people had a damn good reason, there was never a violent mass uprising against white people. Not saying they would have been right, but they DEFINITELY had a reason. So if you wanna find another reason to bring more violence into this world, that's on you. But other people have had their reasons to do so as well, and didn't even follow through.
edit on 27-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DCPatriot

And that makes it alright?
I'd charge them with a hate crime, first degree attempted murder, burglary, and hit them with civil rights violations and make sure they never saw the light of day.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

I don't know why or IF white people hate black people. People don't talk about it. There isn't a real "forum" with an in depth discussion going on. But I'll tell you, black people still feel white people hate them or at least feel negatively about them. And at the same time, a good number, almost majority of black people have disliked white people since slavery. Though the civil rights movement was to gain equality, it wasn't necessarily to gain "acceptance". This racial divide has always been here. It's the curse of the slain native americans. See what happens when you slaughter a people for their land?

Seriously though, racism is a tool of satan, and it's one of his best, next to greed, and envy.

Oh and need I remind you that though black people had a damn good reason, there was never a violent mass uprising against white people. Not saying they would have been right, but they DEFINITELY had a reason. So if you wanna find another reason to bring more violence into this world, that's on you. But other people have had their reasons to do so as well, and didn't even follow through.

I dont want to bring more violence into this world, quite the opposite.

Funny though that you preach to me but then go onto say that a mass violent attacks against "WHITES" (presumably all whites, including women, kids, poor whites, etc) would have been justified

Satan getting to ya there

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have been a long time reader of ATS. Never before have I been so compelled to join and comment on a thread. As a resident of the Peoria area (I literally live within a stone's throw distance of the city limits), I would like to give you my take on this "mob action". Sensationalistic Reporting. I live here and have never heard of The Peoria Chronicle. I would not trust it as a vetted news source.

These were teenage kids blowing off steam. I'd equate it to kids opening a fire hydrant and playing in the water. This is not an every day occurance in here. They did their thing, got scared off by the cops and went home. We had an incident 2 years ago similar to this but more violent at a local festival called Steamboat Days. The police force stepped up its presence since then and it is no longer a problem.

Don't compare Peoria to Macomb, home of Western Illinois University where the police went after college students at a block party. Western IS known as a party college and they do throw some wild parties. Macomb is a small town that hosts a good sized university. During the school year, the population swells, the number of officers does not. I don't condone what the police did there but please dig deeper and look for the truth before passing judgement concerning that matter.

Please do not compare Peoria to Philadelphia or Chicago, both of which have been referred to in this thread. Peoria isn't the size of Philadelphia or Chicago. Peoria is definitely not Chicago or a suburb of Chicago. Chicago is 2.5 hours away by car. Personally, I like it that way. 2010 Census data puts the city population at 115,007.
Peoria, IL population

The number of 25,000 gang members in Peoria is inflated. That would mean about 21% of the city is part of a gang. Honestly, do you buy that number? I live here and I don't! We do have crime. Every city does. It is not, as speculated due to layoffs at Caterpillar. Cat hasn't laid off anybody in the Peoria area this year.

It must've been a slow day over at The Drudge.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Whiskeychaser because: grammar, punctuation and spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

I dont want to bring more violence into this world, quite the opposite.

Funny though that you preach to me but then go onto say that a mass violent attacks against "WHITES" (presumably all whites, including women, kids, poor whites, etc) would have been justified

Satan getting to ya there

I went ahead and made it bold in the quoted paragraph and I will quote it here.

Not saying they would have been right, but they DEFINITELY had a reason.

Reading is essential. Just because I said they had a reason doesn't mean I was saying it was justified.
Funny though, if someone came and stole my mama from home, and made her work, and beat her, and I didn't retaliate after they had worked her to death, I'd feel like a a stupid ass and I think people would agree with me. But nooooo, not here..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiskeychaser

Your input is much appreciated. So basically, this is an OVERLY exaggerated news story?

Now what am I supposed the think about the previous poster who said they just got off the phone with a Peoria resident and the verified it?

Were they trolling?? lol

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Not saying they would have been right, but they DEFINITELY had a reason.

Reading is essential.

I did it, and you are, at best, fence sitting on a black pogrom against whites.

Just because I said they had a reason doesn't mean I was saying it was justified.

Well maybe the whites had a "REASON" for keeping them in slavery, not saying it was justified like

Funny though, if someone came and stole my mama from home, and made her work, and beat her, and I didn't retaliate after they had worked her to death, I'd feel like a a stupid ass and I think people would agree with me. But nooooo, not here..

Well how about you go fetch me cross racial rape and murder crime stats for the last 50 years, and you go tell me how many whites would feel agrieved towards blacks and vice versa.

Failing that, go fetch me a 200 year old black person

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Maybe just a matter of perspective. Mine is obviously different from the person on the phone. I won't dispute that it did happen. But maybe I just didn't get as excited about it. I am pretty sure the police will step up their patrols to keep it from happening again. I am betting there will be more news coverage tonight that will focus more on the surprise national attention than on the event itself.
I think the source of the first reports led to more overblown national coverage. It seems like people are always looking for bad news to glom onto. In this case the mainstream media didn't supress the information as much as not report on it until all it had all the facts before publishing the article.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The Peoria Journal Star also reported this. I'm sure you have heard of this newspaper if you live anywhere near Peoria. My dad lives in East Peoria, he said it happened...I believe him.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I think your perpetuating the ignorance. I'm not saying do not protect yourself against attack but be the message that was intended at least try....don't be weak your not tough because you can kill someone trust me! I know those who do it professionally. One is toughest when he can love in the face of hate and utter disdain.

-Invisible Crown- "child of the feather"

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

I said in my last post that I don't dispute that it happened. I subscribe to the Journal Star. This story was first reported by the Peoria Chronicle, which I, nor any of my family or friends, have ever heard of prior to this event. It sounds more like a blog website than an actaul newspaper to be trusted. The first post on this thread occurred at 4 pm on June 26. The Journal Star followed a few hours at 11:36 pm and updated on the 27th...

article

I'm not calling your dad a liar. I am happy for you that you are close enough to him to believe what he says without asking for sources.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I find it absolutely hilarious how this has been blown out of proportion.

Fear mongering is the word I think I'd used for this. I live on the east bluff which is just as bad as that area, and I certaintly won't be barricading myself in my house.
What's the main purpose of American msm? To instill fear and panic. If everyone is too afraid to go outside and play, you'll spend all your time inside, wrapped up in tv and the Internet.
I've lived in Peoria my whole life and out of the 100's of people I know here, not one person mentioned it.
It's summer, it's hot, and we have a lot of restless youth with no creative outlets.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
See, MSN isn't afraid to play the race card.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

No because Peter is dead.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well, to be honest, my dad wasn't there and did not witness what happened. He did say that it is not the first time something like this happened though. He told me that there were reports of similar incidents like this , but with smaller numbers of people, taking place at Northwoods mall and at the county fair. I do believe that it is being hyped to some extent. I have seen the number of the mob go from 30 to 50. But I also believe that the city council is doing everything in their power to sweep it under the rug.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by wingsfan

Deathwish was a movie, not real life.

In real life, unless you have a group of people, aka the community, defend themselves, one guy would just be overwhelmed and killed.

It was a movie made in part response to the lack of action against criminals who'd pretty much taken over NYC's streets.
It also inspired many citizens to go out CCWs even in states it was frowned upon.
The trouble with a group of people defending is not everyone lives in areas where you can rally enough support to do that. Hence you'll get the solitary types who have to go out armed for their own protection.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join