It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old man disrespects Young guy and calls him a typical black punk

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by MrWendal

Dude just rewatched it A 3RD TIME and no where does it mention the dog crapping, Im pretty certain from the way the olddude carried on he would have mentioned the crap.

I can understand if someone jumps over a fence to get in your property but this guy was just walking his dog around a lake for heavens sake!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously in any other country Ive ever been to or lived in that sort of thing (walking your dog around a lake) even if the lake touches on your property people would be friendly not confrontational.

Once again thank god Im not an American

I agree with you... Thank God you ARE NOT an American.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Both of them were wrong, but the older gentlemen should've known better. The young man in the video is probably in his teens, but that doesn't give the older guy the right to put his hands on him. A lot of the comments on here are very ignorant and closed-minded. The teenager didn't know how far the property lines were, so how was he to know he was walking through someone's yard? The older guy also seems to live in a condo, or some other kind of housing complex, so the property might not even belong to him. Even if that's not the case, that doesn't call for the cursing and physical contact he did. In the end, I would say he got what was coming to him.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If I had a nickel for every time the word "punk" was used in this thread...

Name calling is wrong. Becoming physically violent is wrong. The kid backed off at first after the older man pushed him, but then the older man had to get in his face and scream.

Older man got what was comin' to him.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Not really because I dont care go ahead and laugh im glad i made you laugh...laughter is the best cure

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I thought it was a given that most old men are crotchety and want kids to stay off their lawn.

I also thought it was a given that the hip hop culture is prevalent among a lot of young people, regardless of color, and it encourages "thuggish" behaviour.

None of this video was surprising to me. I'm a pretty large bearded man and young punks talk crap to me sometimes. Kids are pretty bold these days. In fact, I blame it on their knowledge of the law. You can't beat the crap out of a bold 15 year old and they know it.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow, what a tough guy, pushing an old man down. Give me five minutes with that loud mouth jackass.

And the old, man...what the hell was he thinking escalating the encounter? Both of them are idiots.
edit on 11-6-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Beyond the person being called a black punk, what other things were stated that would indicate it being a case of racism? Are not the terms correct, the younger of the 2 being an African American, and a punk on top of that by his own actions and admission of actions. Can it be that too many people are willing to scream racism when things do not go their way? In this case, based on the age of the older guy, one would dare say he has heard far worse in his life, if not more derogatory remarks about those of other races. And he probably knows such. No, in this case, it can only be concluded, based off of what is in the video that there is no case of racism, no indications that any involved are racist or a part of any racist group. It is not that hard to determine such, based off of the time that both have lived in to determine what is and is not derogatory speech. After viewing the video and reviewing it again, there is nothing there that would say, it is racial in motivation, nor that there was any intention of those lines by the older man. Just don't see it, nor did I hear such in the video. Now if the older man had used other terms, and had come out using them in the first part of the video, then there would be no doubt or question. And if anyone wonders what terms those are, the musical, "HAIR" has a song that goes through all of what should be considered racial slurs and terms. Ultimately the point on all of this, is that this really is not an issue, just a dispute between 2 people over the walking on someone elses property.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say to this. Old man was in a bad mood but as a young person you have to know that you just have to let them be. Now after that little punk started threatening him I honestly felt like he deserved to get his ass kicked. Leave him crying with broken legs in the pond.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Wow, what a tough guy, pushing an old man down. Give me five minutes with that loud mouth jackass.

Defending himself from a guy who already physically assaulted him. If someone attacks you, then comes forward and starts shouting in your face you're naturally going to believe they'll attack you again.

And the guy didn't look that old either. Being a fat 60 year old doesn't give you the right to go around attacking people without reprisal.

No matter who's right or wrong, the fat little man attacked him and should consider himself lucky he didn't get a punch in the face.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
heh, when i was a kid we DID go through yards. everybody did. we were a community, and we looked after eachother. now its video games, and getting yelled at for loitering in the mall.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I would probably bet the majority of posts supporting this punk are below the age of 20. It just goes with the current climate how disrespectful the young generation are to older people and authority.

Just watching this video you can tell the young guy was trying to harass the old guy because he couldn't accept being yelled at for doing something wrong. If you have a dog, you don't have it doing it's business on someone's property. They're not responsible to clean up after your dog.

Walking a dog behind someone's backyard, I myself would have called the police. Since when does a stranger have a right to walk behind someone's property. I would question why that person was there in the first place. Just because he has a dog, you don't know if he's casing out your residence.

The old man had every right to get upset. Use the public walkway and carry a plastic bag in case your dog does his business. It's just common consideration and decency.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
all i know is if someone pms where this kid lives and its anywhere within a few hours of me, consider me in the car

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I can shout why did you yell at me instead of asking politely, too, it does not make it true or mean no other methods were employed before the video camera came out. Just because the kid claims something on video does not necessarily make it true.

The kid asks him why he didn't ask politely.

The old man replies "Becuase.."

And you are trying to deny that he asked rudely?

That holds up in court, maybe not in your ageist fantasy land where all old people are angels and all young people are evil, but the truth is the truth, sorry. Your Louisville 'anti-black children' bias holds no weight here.

Watch the video again and use your brain this time.
edit on 11-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)
Wow, attack much??

What court do you mean?

I was referring to asking politely before this video. THAT is something none of us know based upon this snippet of a video. I was saying, none of us kn ow what previous efforts the old man did or did not take.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komod0Dragon
reply to post by DuceizBack

The only part that's hilarious on here is when the old man pushes the kid and almost falls over doing it. Then the younger man pushes the old man a good 5 - 10 feet. Sure made me chuckle!

As for morality, I'm not going to turn this entertaining episode into something serious. Then it'll lose it's fun!
Maybe he appeared to almot fall over because his hands did not make contact with the punk.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Both of them acted like idiots.

The old guy should have recognized his approach was out of hand during the first incident, ie. flipping off the kid. He also should have realized that the younger generation now days do not listen to orders from the older generation anymore.

With that said, kids are downright a-holes now days, and they know it. I love how the older kid (who should be a role model for younger ones) brings his little kid brother and sister (?) with him to egg on the situation by laughing and making smart-ass comments the whole time while filming. Honestly? That sort of dis-respect is rampant all over the place, I see it almost everyday now.

The "cool" thing for kids to do is act tough and better/smarter than everyone else regardless of age because that's what "pop-culture" brought us. Now, If the younger guy was allowing his dog to take dumps in other peoples yards, I'd be pissed too. (There's really no evidence of that, however.)
edit on 11-6-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by MrWendal

He is not a "blatant racist", give me break with that nonsense. Just because you have an issue with someone of a different race does not make you a racist.

I agree totally but when you insult someone and make a racial slur I and most people would consider that racist.
Why didnt he just stop at young disrespectful punk? because to him calling someone black is insulting.

Trust me dude I hate political correctness in all forms and misplaced calls of racism or sexism make my blood boil but in this instance I think its pretty obvious the guys a racist.

Im still waiting to hear where the dog crap part is, would you be so kind as to point it out coz if its true then yes the kids a punk

who gives a f if the man is racist

i dont

i care that the kid has no fin respect

this is a free country, we can say and think what the f we want

the kid had no respect for the old man, the old man was sick of someones dog being on his property

bottom line if it was his property, i dont give a damn if the guy was wearing a pointy sheet and burning a cross

its his fin property the kid has NO RIGHT to be there

why is the kid there, because he has no respect and nothing better to do

im sick of hearing the word racist on everything so you know what

HE HAS THE RIGHT TO BE RACIST! its a free fin country

soon the day will come when we fight for our rights again and when the fight starts, i wont ever stop until we have the full right to defend our property and shoot trespassers on sight

you dont own the property, get the f off, stay the f off, or have you head and chest blown the f off

i cant wait for the revolution
edit on 11-6-2011 by TheTruthShallLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What did the old man beside typical punk black that was racist? The punk used the N word. That is racist.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
The punk used the N word. That is racist.

No it's not.
edit on 11-6-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallLive

Are we watching the same video? I could've sworn that the older guy put his hands on the teenager first. To get respect, you have to give respect and I didn't see the older guy give the teen any respect this whole video. So stop making it seem like the old guy was a saint.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join