It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

When you say "fact" though, I think you've got a definition that differs from everyone else's. Look at it this way. In order to be a fact, you have to back up your fact with evidence that people who oppose your viewpoint couldn't refute. You may think it's a fact that you felt the holy ghost, but until you can prove it's the holy ghost, it's just a feeling you had that you interpreted as the holy ghost. It's a small but important detail that separates something from being a fact and an opinion/idea. Because it's NOT a fact, doesn't make it any less important to you, and I can totally respect it, but you'll have to get on the same page as the rest of the world when you call something a fact, because it's at the root of a very lively debate.

Neil Armstrong (amongst a select few others) has a reality and 'fact' of experience that we as a population cannot relate to, conceieve, affiliate with or share because we weren't there, we didn't live it, do it, expereince it, sense it, etc. To the best of our mental abilities and faculties, and based on the sources and materials available, we all assume to have an idea of what being in space/walking on the moon really is and means. But we don't, and the best of our collective intentions and perceptions still fall far short. We cannot 'know' that fact of his experiences (in fact people today still dispute the truth and validity of it), so does that therefore render that fact invalid. Even if you don't believe him (and let's assume he's telling the truth,) does everyone elses denial invalidate his truth?
Just a thought! Tssk....truth, eh.....

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There is scientific evidence of same sex attraction because of Genetics.

Same-Sex Attraction Is Genetically Wired In Nematode's Brain

ScienceDaily (Oct. 26, 2007) — University of Utah biologists genetically manipulated nematode worms so the animals were attracted to worms of the same sex -- part of a study that shows sexual orientation is wired in the creatures' brains.

"They look like girls, but act and think like boys," says Jamie White, a postdoctoral researcher and first author of the new study. "The [same-sex attraction] behavior is part of the nervous system."

"The conclusion is that sexual attraction is wired into brain circuits common to both sexes of worms, and is not caused solely by extra nerve cells added to the male or female brain," says laboratory leader and biology Professor Erik Jorgensen, scientific director of the Brain Institute at the University of Utah and an investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.

www.sciencedaily.com...

AND THE FRUIT FLY

For Fruit Flies, Gene Shift Tilts Sex Orientation

By ELISABETH ROSENTHAL,
International Herald Tribune
Published: June 3, 2005

When the genetically altered fruit fly was released into the observation chamber, it did what these breeders par excellence tend to do. It pursued a waiting virgin female. It gently tapped the girl with its leg, played her a song (using wings as instruments) and, only then, dared to lick her - all part of standard fruit fly seduction.
Oliver Meckes/Nicole Ottawa/ Photo Researchers, Inc.

One gene, apparently by itself, creates patterns of sexual behavior in fruit flies.

The observing scientist looked with disbelief at the show, for the suitor in this case was not a male, but a female that researchers had artificially endowed with a single male-type gene.

That one gene, the researchers are announcing today in the journal Cell, is apparently by itself enough to create patterns of sexual behavior - a kind of master sexual gene that normally exists in two distinct male and female variants.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
reply to post by grahag

When you say "fact" though, I think you've got a definition that differs from everyone else's. Look at it this way. In order to be a fact, you have to back up your fact with evidence that people who oppose your viewpoint couldn't refute. You may think it's a fact that you felt the holy ghost, but until you can prove it's the holy ghost, it's just a feeling you had that you interpreted as the holy ghost. It's a small but important detail that separates something from being a fact and an opinion/idea. Because it's NOT a fact, doesn't make it any less important to you, and I can totally respect it, but you'll have to get on the same page as the rest of the world when you call something a fact, because it's at the root of a very lively debate.

Neil Armstrong (amongst a select few others) has a reality and 'fact' of experience that we as a population cannot relate to, conceieve, affiliate with or share because we weren't there, we didn't live it, do it, expereince it, sense it, etc. To the best of our mental abilities and faculties, and based on the sources and materials available, we all assume to have an idea of what being in space/walking on the moon really is and means. But we don't, and the best of our collective intentions and perceptions still fall far short. We cannot 'know' that fact of his experiences (in fact people today still dispute the truth and validity of it), so does that therefore render that fact invalid. Even if you don't believe him (and let's assume he's telling the truth,) does everyone elses denial invalidate his truth?
Just a thought! Tssk....truth, eh.....

Well said.

Facts usually require reasonable proof. Space/moon walks were pretty well documented AND there is proof of space/moon walks occurring since then. Facts can also change. It used to be a fact that the world was flat. It has since been disproved and it's now a fact that the earth is a sphere. Maybe this fact will change again, but facts can change.

Facts also have to be accepted by the general public. A personal experience which you can't prove, does not necessarily make it a fact. I may have seen a 25' alligator once, but no one else has. In this case, my experience is a fact to me, but conjecture to others. I throw the holy spirit into this category because it can't be proven or measured by others. Scientific fact would be a fact as science has proven it. It could be wrong, but it's very unlikely due to the scientific process.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I apreciate your candour. I must admit to struggling with the post modern moral relativism that says 'Your truth is right for you, and mine is right for me'.
Just because people want their 'truth' to be right in relation to other opinions, doesn't make it so. We can't all be right, therefore truth cannot be a relative truism to our personal interpretations.
Example: Hindus believe in reincarnation, atheists believe in no life after death. Christians, muslims and jews believe in 'a' life after death (and presumably judgement).
There can only be one truth, however painful or politically incorrect or 'intolerant' that sounds. Either we're dead and that's it, or we 're-birth', or we face our maker.
It can't be all of the above. Truth doesn't work that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Atheists believe in no life after death

Lets get the Atheist thing right.

Atheist simply means - lack of belief in a Deity/God.

Beyond that Atheists can have other beliefs. Some do believe there is a life after physical death.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Lets get the Atheist thing right. Atheist simply means - lack of belief in a Deity/God. Beyond that Atheists can have other beliefs. Some do believe there is a life after physical death.

My apologies. That generalised statement was based on the opinions of Professor Richard Dawkins, self elected proponent and champion of Atheism. I didn't see any other celebrity (or otherwise) atheists out there chomping at the bit to correct him. Having said that, if it is possible for an atheist to believe in life after death, surely that involves existence after the body has died. And....doesn't that only leave room for the 'soul'?
The soul is the seat of the emotions, personality, conciousness, awkward things like love, peace, empathy (do other uncreated animals feel 'empathy'?), guilt or joy, apreciation, pensiveness, self assessment, regret, hindsight, mercy, grace, gentleness, jealousy, art and creativity, indifference, tolerance, intolerance, rational, irriational behaviour,. Hard to believe that after several billion years a rock could evolve into something so complex as to contain just a fragment of the human complexity I have attempted to address above. Science may seemingly explain something of the genetics behind the soul, but it doesn't explain the soul itself. We are more than calculators and totals of quantifiable parts that can be summed up.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Being gay is bliss from the God?

We all know what is homosexual is,it's a disease and if don't stop it then we are doomed...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

We all know what is homosexual is,it's a disease and if don't stop it then we are doomed...

How did God make so many ignorant people?

It gets so "old" ya just don't want to bother with facts anymore.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Lets get the Atheist thing right. Atheist simply means - lack of belief in a Deity/God. Beyond that Atheists can have other beliefs. Some do believe there is a life after physical death.

My apologies. That generalized statement was based on the opinions of Professor Richard Dawkins, self elected proponent and champion of Atheism.

No Prob.

There are what is called "Hard Atheists" - - who think this is it and then you die.

They are not particularly congenial to the other Atheists. But fact is - - Atheism means non-belief in a Deity/God. And that is all it means.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If people are born gay, then it stands to reason that people are born pedophiles. Right? If not, why?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
If people are born gay, then it stands to reason that people are born pedophiles. Right? If not, why?

That's been addressed.

Please read the thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

We can't all be right, therefore truth cannot be a relative truism to our personal interpretations. Example: Hindus believe in reincarnation, atheists believe in no life after death. Christians, muslims and jews believe in 'a' life after death (and presumably judgement). There can only be one truth, however painful or politically incorrect or 'intolerant' that sounds. Either we're dead and that's it, or we 're-birth', or we face our maker. It can't be all of the above. Truth doesn't work that way.

To a point I tend to disagree, what if all the religions are right??
What if there was originally a central belief system that over time splintered into factions forming different religions? therefore forming different views and core beliefs?

It could be that we have many incarnations to prepare ourselves for the next life and upon crossing to that life are judged as to where we will proceed to. What if we are judged by ourselves upon our own merits of how we performed over our many incarnations??

I have always classed myself as an atheist, yet I believe in a higher power, not a god but a power, as a god infers the belief in a human form. I believe in reincarnation as I also believe in life on other planets, after all how naive and arrogant could you be to believe that this is the only planet of billions that holds life.

What if all these things were the truth??

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Nikola014

How did God make so many ignorant people?

It gets so "old" ya just don't want to bother with facts anymore.

Thank you Annee, for responding to this idiot, I was too busy vomiting after reading the post by brilliant Nikola014, who quite obviously is a homophobic idiot who knows nothing!

To Nikola014, you are already doomed, doomed to living the rest of your life with a closed mind! What you need to do is educate yourself before you open your mouth and jump into it without a parachute!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Omg,when i read post like yours i can't believe how people are so stupid and so "open mind".

Well i can tell you that Homosexuality is a sickness and we don't have cure for it YET.

Think about it,now is homosexuality gift of the God,tomorrow pedophilia will be gift from the God.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by surrealist

That's been addressed.

Please read the thread.

With so many responses and so much to read, I won't bother, and in the absence of a response I will just hold on to what I believe anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CouncilOfNine

It could be that we have many incarnations to prepare ourselves for the next life and upon crossing to that life are judged as to where we will proceed to. What if we are judged by ourselves upon our own merits of how we performed over our many incarnations??

Because we are naturally biased and unable to make honest, valid self judgements. What is the criteria for judging oneself anyway, and who came up with the criteria by which we judge ourselves approved, meritous or otherwise? Just look at the crap people in jobs write on 'self evaluation' forms given to them by their bosses.
Christianity for example says 'Man is appointed to die once and then face judgement'. Right or wrong, this is incompatible with ideas of continuous rebirth, or oblivion/annihilation/extinction of existence. This is my problem with the idea of 'Your truth is right for you and my truth is right for me'. Just because we want our truths to be true, doesn't make it so, and if they don't agree on something as inevitable as death, one of them has to be wrong and therefore isn't true.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

You have proof of your claim that it is a disease I suppose????

I am proof that it is not a disease!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

You're gay?

I really don't have any intention arguing with you,it's your choice to be gay.

I don't know is it being gay normal in your country,but it's not in my.Who knows, maybe next years being pedophile will be normal in your country.

You know how they said "I want mother and father,not father and father or mother and mother".

Just for the record,i don't have anything against you,i just hate to see how young lives like yours are being destroyed because some bad choice.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Life and creation is a gift from God. Being gay? Well, just because you are attracted to the same sex does not mean that you cannot love unconditionally. Love, is a gift from God, whether it be between a man and a woman, a man and a man or between two women.

God will not judge you for how you love but for how you hate.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Life and creation is a gift from God. Being gay? Well, just because you are attracted to the same sex does not mean that you cannot love unconditionally. Love, is a gift from God, whether it be between a man and a woman, a man and a man or between two women.

God will not judge you for how you love but for how you hate.

Yes he will.

Do you know why?

Well i will only say that he created Adam and Eve,not Adam and Johan or Eve and Hannah.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join