It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
So all people who believe it to be a choice are admitting their own latent bi-sexuality

Epic

This now my permanent answer to anyone claiming homosexuality is a choice.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

The difference is pedophiles destroy the lives of children and homosexuals enjoy hot man (or woman) love with each other. How does a question like that even pop into your head? The answer is as obvious as a punch in the face.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
... consider this.. the prohibition was against sodomy... for men AND WOMEN ..all you primates have to remember that it has only been within the last 90 years or so most of you now have access to regular bathing... and soap that killed Bactria and other germies... did they have cavemen condemns...??? probably not. this prohibition was written down in Leviticus, ... the story in Genesis had nothing to do at first about the city of Sodem being "mostly gay" for it was recorded in the book of Josephus that the city of Sodom had streets paved of gold, and money everywhere and all sorts of riches and pretty much a nice place to live... but... they didn't help out those that were poor and apparently had a bad habit of a small section of the public that would gang rape the visitors..men and women...( don't be mad at me.. this is what the text states) ...Sodom was blown up after two angels were sent into the city to get Lot and his two daughters out,, but when they came for him,, some of the men in the city tried to have sex with the angels... where by Lot told the men..( ???) here.. take my 2 daughters instead and for the sake of your city .. have nothing to do with these 2 men.... o well..... Leviticus is a book for mostly health issues aside from other things... your gonna stick what..? where..? honestly.. im not trying to be rude or offensive..... but back in the caveman days when there was no regular bathing and people got sick alot and died from infections.. eaten by bears.. or who knows what else... this was another way that people got sick and passed illness to others..... it is a choice to pursue a homosexual life style.. some are born that way.. others are made that way by their environment... hard to say... but this was one of the reasons why cultures banned it and for whatever reasons throughout the years... the realization that the ban was against sodomy in general was forgotten..... the particular "sin" is sodomy... now for the other issues entangled in this subject about whether or not it's moral.. for 2 men.. or 2 women.. or m,w,w or m, w,w,w,w, or w, m,m,m,m,m or w,w,w,w,w or m,m,m,m,m, ( ewwwww) or right or whatever... I'm not gonna go there now in here...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
over 400 animals on this planet can have "gay" interactions only 1 is homo-phobic...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Interesting! Gays propogate! I wonder how?
I have been gay for 52 years now, since the day I was born, not through choice - being born nor being gay might I add!
I was in a relationship for 7 years and never, not once, did I or my lover fall pregnant, and that was in the days before aids and safe sex!

Gays Propogate! Must be another one of "Gods" miracles! Hooray for her!]

edit on 6/6/11 by wiser3 because: spelling!
:
edit on 6/6/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)[/editby
edit on 6/6/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I believe that its a trial from God. They are human beings, that have strong urges to same sex. I know people that have no type of attraction to women like the straight men have no attractions towards other men.
Either they come to these urges or shun them. Life is not fair, point blank.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I've actually felt the burning of that horrible fire, around the time when I had stigmata. There is a hell. I foolishly tried to deny it because of the nonsense I used to think was spiritual. There is a horrid fire and those who tell you there isn't are ignorant of it.

No one told me it doesn't exist, I just know that it doesn't exist, the next plane of existence is similar to this just without all the crap

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
IMHO: Being gay is no more a choice than being black or white, hispanic or asian. It just is....

And as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't matter who people "choose" to spend their life with, as long as they are happy. Isn't it in all the "christian" religions that man shall not judge, for it is the lord God who will judge man upon his death? Then why for goodness sake to we STILL go around labeling and judging people! Live and let live...and if some want to view it as a "Blessing", then by all means, perhaps for them it IS a blessing. It is what it is....and for me, I don't care if your a gay, black, asian from spain who crossdresses...I'll still shake your hand and call you friend!

There's too much hate in this world to worry about one billboard sign....just let it go and be at peace.
"Do as thy will, but let it harm none"

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't understand why there is so much hatred towards homosexuals. For people who say peopel aren't born gay, what about hermaphodites? Also yes your sexual desires come from puberty, so its devoloped, but I don't think it's a choice. I didn't decide I wanted to like men..

Even before we hit puberty, like when I was 5.. I was attracted to boys and had crushes.... didn't want them "sexually" but I was attracted to them, and yah know the pushing and throwing rocks all that jazz lol.

I don't think using the Bible to claim gays are evil... should be used as fact, only mere opinion. since there are soo many different religious text out there, that differ in lifestyles and beliefs.

for those that say adam and eve... I don't bleieve in that.. so that doesn't hold water for a lot of people...

People say the bible is for love and truth, but yet they twist it to .. (or actually explain how its full of hate) to justify their agenda to spread bigotry

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
mankind turns gay! time starts moving faster and life and death happening quicker! just a couple of the many signs that the end of days are upon us brothers and sisters

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chindogu

It has NOTHING to do with the recipient of the love, only the attraction exhibited by the subject him/herself.

Pedophilia is only one example. lovers of animals, robots, inanimate objects: they all exist. But although all of these are shunned upon in modern societies, that doesn't mean there's any moral rules being broken. Rules of nature =/= rules of man.

So I'll ask my question again.

What's the difference between being born a homosexual or being born a pedophile? "Because it's disgusting" is, in no way, an answer to this question. This question is referring to the lover's emotional/sexual tendencies, not the harm done to the recipient of the love..

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123
reply to post by Chindogu

What's the difference between being born a homosexual or being born a pedophile? "Because it's disgusting" is, in no way, an answer to this question. This question is referring to the lover's emotional/sexual tendencies, not the harm done to the recipient of the love..

Personally I get annoyed when people use Love and Emotion on this topic. Sexual attraction from a biological standpoint has nothing to do with either.

Science is recently working with brain scans. Some believe "we are what we are born" -- and yes that would include pedophiles. (also heterosexuals and homosexuals)

So what is the difference. Social acceptance and laws. Adult Consent. Emotional - Hormonal - Physical maturity. (not love emotion).

In other words - - - cause no harm. Laws do not allow a child (non-adult) to give consent - - even if they choose to (age depending on location).

A child's physical size and organs could be damaged.
A child's has not gone through puberty.
A child's emotions are immature.

A person with pedophile tendencies needs to find another outlet - - - or another planet maybe.

Adult Consent is the dividing factor.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Personally I get annoyed when people use Love and Emotion on this topic. Sexual attraction from a biological standpoint has nothing to do with either.

Science is recently working with brain scans. Some believe "we are what we are born" -- and yes that would include pedophiles. (also heterosexuals and homosexuals)

So what is the difference. Social acceptance and laws. Adult Consent. Emotional - Hormonal - Physical maturity. (not love emotion).

In other words - - - cause no harm. Laws do not allow a child (non-adult) to give consent - - even if they choose to (age depending on location).

A child's physical size and organs could be damaged.
A child's has not gone through puberty.
A child's emotions are immature.

A person with pedophile tendencies needs to find another outlet - - - or another planet maybe.

Adult Consent is the dividing factor.

You said it perfectly, until the last sentence. I totally agree with the last sentence, but if you were using that to answer the question I asked, then it's completely a completely irrelevant answer. Yes, a child should never be put through anything like that. But remember, the question is: what makes a human become attracted to certain entities? Whether it be a person of the same sex, a child, an animal, etc. Are they born with that attraction, or do they choose their mindset later on? It's not about right or wrong; it's more about the science of why a person chooses who to love.

In reply to your post, I agree that when it comes to the morality of the attraction, yes, pedophiles should learn to find a new outlet for their urges, definitely.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

Its about none of those things.

It's about not being a douche bag who wants to emotionally bully people and contribute to the current homosexual suicide rates. That makes you much worse than a pedophile, sorry. Pedophiles at least have an excuse -- a terrible excuse, but an excuse nonetheless, which is more than the evangelical homo-bashers can come up with.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123
You said it perfectly, until the last sentence. I totally agree with the last sentence, but if you were using that to answer the question I asked, then it's completely a completely irrelevant answer. Yes, a child should never be put through anything like that. But remember, the question is: what makes a human become attracted to certain entities? Whether it be a person of the same sex, a child, an animal, etc. Are they born with that attraction, or do they choose their mindset later on? It's not about right or wrong; it's more about the science of why a person chooses who to love.

In reply to your post, I agree that when it comes to the morality of the attraction, yes, pedophiles should learn to find a new outlet for their urges, definitely.

I thought I answered the question with Science and Brain scans: "Science is recently working with brain scans. Some believe "we are what we are born" -- and yes that would include pedophiles. (also heterosexuals and homosexuals).

So yes - science is saying pedophiles are born. Science says Lesbian's brains differ from hetero females and Gay men's brains differ from hetero men.

It is a new science. They are questioning if "differences" are found in the brain early - - can it be "corrected".

But as some gay's say - - beware of the Mengele approach. There is nothing wrong with being gay. They are healthy normal humans. They are not a threat to society. They are not endangering children etc. They do not need to be fixed.

edit on 7-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Really now? As far as I know the nurture versus nature debate is NOT settled. There is a lot of propaganda that it IS settled, but that's because gay activists push it and people don't want to look bigoted.

I think experiences have far more influence over what sexual fetishes you have than genes.
edit on 3-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

It's definitely not settled, but more evidence is pointing towards a genetic/hormonal balance than people previously thought.

I sincerely believe that genetics plays a majority role and eventually they'll find the gene(s) that contribute the most to the behavior. I think it would be an interesting world where we could change our genes to see how the other half lives and get a better understanding of people or behavior we might not agree with.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
Surely the mere fact that religion and God is a belief, in itself factualises that it cannot be a fact?

Some beliefs can be fact even if not considered true by many.

I think they were saying that belief alone doesn't make it a fact. You can definitely believe in something that is not a fact, but you'll have a rude awakening at some point.

Facts require proof. Believing in a fact is a safe choice.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by DB340

The Bible tells you the Holy Spirit inspired the Bible. If you dont believe that , then you arnt a Chrisitan and you might as well not debate about the Bible ... because the people that believe in the Bible , believe its words , those who dont...do not , so if you dont believe in the Bible you cant talk about it as you have nothing to interrupt that isnt already warned about in the Bible that can be thrown back at you as the Holy Spirit provides us the meaning or ways to obtain meaning of the verses.

That's a shortcoming of the bible that you HAVE to believe in it, in order for the argument to make any sense. Rational thought and logic don't require belief. They just require that you can can think critically. There's not a lot of proof in the bible, and in fact, there are a lot of inconsistencies in the bible that seem to point towards it NOT being divinely inspired.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by DB340

Experience can give you facts that science is nowhere close to proving. You can not prove that the man known as Jesus walked the earth, but if you had experiences you would know that is a fact, just not a fact that can be demonstrated.
edit on 4-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

When you say "fact" though, I think you've got a definition that differs from everyone else's. Look at it this way. In order to be a fact, you have to back up your fact with evidence that people who oppose your viewpoint couldn't refute.

You may think it's a fact that you felt the holy ghost, but until you can prove it's the holy ghost, it's just a feeling you had that you interpreted as the holy ghost. It's a small but important detail that separates something from being a fact and an opinion/idea.

Because it's NOT a fact, doesn't make it any less important to you, and I can totally respect it, but you'll have to get on the same page as the rest of the world when you call something a fact, because it's at the root of a very lively debate.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
But as some gay's say - - beware of the Mengele approach. There is nothing wrong with being gay. They are healthy normal humans. They are not a threat to society. They are not endangering children etc. They do not need to be fixed.

Wow, perfectly well said. And yeah, your first post was great, I agreed with all of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join