join

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by grahag

I hope you don't mind if i ask.

Are you gay?

Do you want your child to see on the street how two gay people kissing each other?Do you?How would you explain to him what are they doing?
edit on 10-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Not gay. Married with a wonderful wife, but no kids. The only problem kids have with homosexuality is that which their parents have taught them. Kids are taught that love is good and then they're taught that not ALL love is good.

If I had kids and they wanted to know how two guys or two girls did the deed, I'd let them know just like I would if I was explaining about a man and a woman. Upfront and honest discussion is really the only way to go when talking about sex. I was raised catholic and went to catholic school for 4 years, so I was pretty heavily indoctrinated into the religion. Education and an open mind fixed that though. I think it's sad that people who preach Chrstianity don't really act very Christ-like...

Any religion that allows you to sin as much as you want and then get absolution isnt teaching the right values for me.

Well there you're wrong.

My family and i go every sunday to the church and we do everything like we were teach.

So i can't tell about myself that i respect tradition...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

It's Serbia not suburbia
Just fix it

And i am very sorry for the double posts.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It's Serbia not suburbia
Just fix it

Suburbia

A residential district located on the outskirts of a city
- suburb, suburban area, burb [N. Amer]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

It's Serbia not suburbia
Just fix it

Suburbia

Then im truly sorry

English is not my native language so I have some problems.

Really sorry again

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It's Serbia not suburbia
Just fix it

Suburbia

Then im truly sorry

Really sorry again

Oh No No - - I thought it was funny.

Hey! At least you speak more then one language. Wish I did.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

It's Serbia not suburbia
Just fix it

Suburbia

Then im truly sorry

Really sorry again

Oh No No - - I thought it was funny.

Hey! At least you speak more then one language. Wish I did.

How so?

I don't know about you country but we learn English,Russian and French,well at least i did ,but i don't know what kids now learns in school.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Because we are naturally biased and unable to make honest, valid self judgements. What is the criteria for judging oneself anyway, and who came up with the criteria by which we judge ourselves approved, meritous or otherwise?

Ok ......well if you think a little broader instead of thinking that your entire existence revolves around who or what you are at this moment then you will have no chance of understanding what I am trying to open your thoughts to.

What if your reincarnation was a conscious choice?.....If you chose to come back as a part of your spiritual education, to work on things that you have not yet got right, and if a condition of this incarnation was a veil of forgetting. After all what would be the point of unconsciously working out your spiritual indifference if you could remember everything, this is also a condition of third density or the plane that we presently inhabit.

Our meaning of life is to learn spiritually, when we incarnate into our human body we become a mind/spirit/body complex the goal is to merge these parts of ourselves into one whole entity, a perfect balance if you will.
When we pass over after death of the physical complex we then remember everything from all our incarnations and are helped to review our performance...............our ultimate goal is Love/Wisdom/Understanding because without the perfect balance we can not move forward in our spiritual evolution.

There are 7 octaves or levels of existence and we must gain enough understanding to move upward through these levels, as we learn, our vibratory level changes and we move as our vibration becomes in tune with the next level.

Just look at the crap people in jobs write on 'self evaluation' forms given to them by their bosses.

This is ego and also must be balanced

Christianity for example says 'Man is appointed to die once and then face judgement'. Right or wrong, this is incompatible with ideas of continuous rebirth.

Sorry but this is incorrect in the assumption that our spirit and body are the same, the body does indeed die once but our true self or the spirit can never die.....ever!! This is the difference.

or oblivion/annihilation/extinction of existence

Ideas of oblivion, hell, purgatory are only conditioning, implemented by the various churches to maintain control over the masses, this is a classic "Elitist" imposition to keep this control.

This is my problem with the idea of 'Your truth is right for you and my truth is right for me'. Just because we want our truths to be true, doesn't make it so, and if they don't agree on something as inevitable as death, one of them has to be wrong and therefore isn't true.

If ideas are placed in the correct perspective then there are no problems with this view.

I also said nothing about the inevitability of the physical death, if you look closely at what I have written then take away all ideas of manipulation from what you believe then our ideas are not that different. This would also leave you open to the possibility that there is indeed more to our existence than the church has allowed you to know.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
To reiterate my last comment a couple of pages back. Black, white, Christian, Muslim Jew Gentile, Straight, Gay or Bisexual. We are all Gods creation. If God wanted us to be the same, God would have created us so. Marvel in God's diverse universe.

God is great and I thank God each and every day for the beauty and love that has been bestowed upon us.

As far as two gay men kissing, if they are in love, what harm does it do to you?

I do not give God a sexual gender for my own reasons of belief.
This is why we call God. TGAOTU

God is creation and love. Hatred and intolerance is man made.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Everything that is experienced is a gift from God.
The fact that there is a 'you' to experience all experiences is a gift from God.
He hands it to you in package called 'the present'.
It is a gift.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
God is creation and love. Hatred and intolerance is man made.

Man does not need a god.

More hatred and intolerance has been done in the name of god - - then any other single reason. It gives man an excuse.

Love - Compassion - Tolerance - Acceptance - are as man made as - hatred and intolerance.

I respect a church/believers that will stand up against the hate/judgement/intolerance of fundamentalists.

This church (and others) are saying that gays are natural born. We are in agreement on that. And for that I respect them - - especially for making it a public statement for all god believers to see.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood reply to post by grahag When you say "fact" though, I think you've got a definition that differs from everyone else's. Look at it this way. In order to be a fact, you have to back up your fact with evidence that people who oppose your viewpoint couldn't refute. You may think it's a fact that you felt the holy ghost, but until you can prove it's the holy ghost, it's just a feeling you had that you interpreted as the holy ghost. It's a small but important detail that separates something from being a fact and an opinion/idea. Because it's NOT a fact, doesn't make it any less important to you, and I can totally respect it, but you'll have to get on the same page as the rest of the world when you call something a fact, because it's at the root of a very lively debate. Neil Armstrong (amongst a select few others) has a reality and 'fact' of experience that we as a population cannot relate to, conceieve, affiliate with or share because we weren't there, we didn't live it, do it, expereince it, sense it, etc. To the best of our mental abilities and faculties, and based on the sources and materials available, we all assume to have an idea of what being in space/walking on the moon really is and means. But we don't, and the best of our collective intentions and perceptions still fall far short. We cannot 'know' that fact of his experiences (in fact people today still dispute the truth and validity of it), so does that therefore render that fact invalid. Even if you don't believe him (and let's assume he's telling the truth,) does everyone elses denial invalidate his truth? Just a thought! Tssk....truth, eh..... THIS Like I said about half a thread ago, you can't possibly speak with any sort of authority on a subject you have NO experience of. The arrogance of some religious people is breathtaking.

Okay, explain yourself. Explain what you're accusing me of, explain what it is I have no experience and no authority to speak on, explain my arrogance and explain why you have the ignroance to assume I'm religious. The, we'll take it from there...

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Jesus, I need to repost my old comment from a few pages back. This is getting out of hand.

Again: the mere fact of something being a belief (whether it be a small, singular, common belief such as 'there is reincarnation', i.e. no other variant, just the concept of coming back in another body..., or a larger belief such as your (version of the) Bible, which spans so many variations and interpretations across the world), inversely renders it non-factual until otherwise proven as ...justifiably...true...knowledge (Plato's not too shabby definition of a fact).

As I have said before also, I do not poo-poo the bible; no, I am more intelligent than to be like that and say "It's a load of nonsense". Unfortunately, you take the book of non-verifiable stories (which have a factual, proveable, documented history of being modified, as well as a factual, proveable, documented history of having stories added and removed through time) as 'fact' (despite rather unintelligently proposing that it is, in fact, to believe or not to believe; whereas a fact cannot give the option of belief since it is justifiably true knowledge thus no option of belief exists. Do you 'believe' that water boils at 100 degrees? You can believe all you like, but it demonstratably certainly does). I, on the other hand, and with a growing number of World citizens (fact: dropping church numbers in Europe (source for the UK: www.guardian.co.uk... for example, but others available with quick research), would prefer to make our life decisions not on fairytales (as the Bible currently stands), but on positive, kind acts towards others and ourselves.

That's the fact and logic out the way. Now for an utterly worthless and unimportant opinion.

I feel content that people have an innate sense of doing good. I also subscribe to the notion that there is perhaps a devine 'something', even if it does not exist as an entity or alien race, such as nature. I adore watching thunderstorms and how the lightning blasts from the sky causing thunder to rumble my pants off. I love this awesome display of 'natural' power. It makes me feel that I am part of something wonderfully harmonious of panet Earth.

If people choose to follow a (unverified, as I have demonstrated in many responses including this) book, then of course I have nothing against it. I worry that they lack the observational logic because it leads them to false conclusions; this, in fact, irritates me more than worries me. It only worries me for their own safety to be honest (look at Harold Campin followers; a college tuition savings out the window, family break-ups, girl in Russia commiting suicide to save witnessing the horrors), but 'one is but a product of their decisions' so they will do themselves harm if they 'believe' in a 'belief system' rather than living a good, positive live based on facts.

An example is when I did my flight test for my commercial pilot's license. The weather was good, but my very religious extended family (grandparents brother's family, not my immediate family) said grace at the table and thanked God for the good weather and the fact I had passed! I was genuinely miffed at this. Could they not understand that, in the week leading up to this day, the weather was terrible and about 10 others were unable to carry out their flight test!?!? Did God not like them? I mean, it's so incredibly ignorant that it begs belief (teehee). They also seemed to forget that I, factually, studied for many hours every day to even do the test (and pass with the highest mark in the clubs history, I'd like to gloatingly add). But it was me, not God, and the weather was a high pressure system over the Pacific bringing good weather for me, and not the cold, cloudy weather from the North that 'He' decided to drop on the others (including one who was unable to leave for his wife's baby due to bad weather - what a nice God he is).

Also are those who thank God for successful operations, forgetting that the life-saving surgeon has studied at least 15 years of medicine and surgical procedure and most likely has 10 years experience or more, and saved the life through skill, excellence and sheer precision; I admire them all very much. But wait, it's God! An absolute disgrace, an utter in-you-face insult to the surgeon and his team. I can't imagine how that would make me feel if I were a surgeon.

Close the book, open your eyes, study facts, be a good person and love those around you, realising that, as someone else said, more people have died in negative circumstances in the name of/due to religion that anybody has died from 'normal' reasons...

... and THEN the world will be a better, more informed place to live.

Until then, in the words of Joni Mitchell: Stop this world, let me off.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
im gonna say it again so people can see it again but, over 400 animals on this planet engage in Same sex actions, only one of them is homo-phobic. im sure we all know witch one.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Amen.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sns23

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Amen.

So the both of you think that people should live a lie witch is in my opinion a worse "Sin" than a simple act of showing love....and none of you seem to want to even take a look at what science has to offer on the matter...We dont controll who we fall in love with...we see someone we think we can spend a long time with we want to...but depending on other matters, you just fall in love with them un-controllably...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Amen.

What exactly does Amen mean?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Amen.

What exactly does Amen mean?

Definition of Amen

a-men
–interjection
1. it is so; so be it (used after a prayer, creed, or other formal statement to express solemn ratification or agreement).

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Everything that is experienced is a gift from God. The fact that there is a 'you' to experience all experiences is a gift from God. He hands it to you in package called 'the present'. It is a gift.

Actually we all experience for the creator, this is a part of the reason we are here, this is our gift to the creator and not the other way around

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Man does not need a god.
More hatred and intolerance has been done in the name of god - - then any other single reason. It gives man an excuse.

I tend to agree with you on this, the word god has been distorted to a point where it is used for many things, unfortunately not all of them positive.

Love - Compassion - Tolerance - Acceptance - are as man made as - hatred and intolerance.

They are not made made they are emotions and a part of what and who we are, some positive and some negative but all need to be balanced depending on the person.

I respect a church/believers that will stand up against the hate/judgement/intolerance of fundamentalists.

As far as I am concerned this should be mandatory for anyone spouting that they are "religious" by nature.

This church (and others) are saying that gays are natural born. We are in agreement on that. And for that I respect them - - especially for making it a public statement for all god believers to see.

Tolerance is paramount and judgement of another self is only a personal opinion, not something that should be stated in the name of a creator of all things.......to many church's hide their personal opinions behind doctrine and call it law, this is not law its personal preference.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Actually, I have to disagree with yoú there. Man does not need Religion. I do not support any of the mainstream Religions, for the simple reason that you stated in your post.

However, one does not need to follow a Religion to recognise that there is an all powerful creative force at work in the universe.

So, let me rephrase that. I have disagree with you.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join