It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by DB340

Experience can give you facts that science is nowhere close to proving. You can not prove that the man known as Jesus walked the earth, but if you had experiences you would know that is a fact, just not a fact that can be demonstrated.

Not really.

I've had experiences since birth. They are my experiences and I believe them and have certain beliefs because of them. But I'm not going to claim them as fact - - outside of myself.

The human body is like a chemical (and other stuff) test tube. The human body is capable of all sorts of things. Chemicals in the brain can create all kinds of illusions.

I remember one time when I was a kid with an injury and someone told me I could get blood poisoning. I had no idea what blood poisoning was. They said if I see a red line on my arm - I should get myself to the doctor. The next day I had a red line down my arm. Of course it wasn't blood poisoning -- but never-the-less - - - out of fear I created a red line down my arm. It went away after I was assured it wasn't blood poisoning.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Provide one scripture that supports free will.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by eNumbra

1 Corinthians 10:29-30

For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience? If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

Yeah, way to take a quote and statement out of context. Please read the entire chapter again and come back on here re-asserting your claim.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by 547000

Provide one scripture that supports free will.

Deuteronomy 30:19

TextI call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; THEREFORE CHOOSE life, that both you and your descendants may live;

Joshua 24:15
"And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE FOR YOURSELVES this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."

Proverbs 12:26
The righteous should CHOOSE his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.

As Jean Paul Sartre once said 'Mankind is condemend to be free'.
We always have choices. We're more naturally inclined to make the wrong ones, though. Hard for a selfish person to make a selfless decision......

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I've actually felt the burning of that horrible fire, around the time when I had stigmata. There is a hell. I foolishly tried to deny it because of the nonsense I used to think was spiritual. There is a horrid fire and those who tell you there isn't are ignorant of it.

Well I can not say what you felt but I can assure you it was not the burning fires of hell, this is most likely something your mind has made real for you as the mind is a very powerful tool.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

O , and why would i not type the forgiveness BS? Its a MAJOR part of God's word. It tells us many times , you will not make it to heaven on your works alone

I will agree with you here about forgiveness, it is indeed paramount but anyone can proceed to the next level of consciousness completely of their own merit.

Even our most good works here on Earth is but Filthy rags in God's eyes , for he is a PERFECT and JUST God

This statement is contradictory, we are ALL a small spark of the One Creator.
This would then place us ALL as co-creators so why would you then tell yourself that you suck then say you are perfect?.
You need to let go of the mindset instilled in your thoughts by the teachings of the church. You should read all the good stuff and reject anything that breaches free will or degrades ANY entity at all because these are the additions implemented into your bible by the negative energies that only want to manipulate your life into thinking you are nothing in the eyes of your god, this is elitism.............you are indeed just as perfect and powerful as he is.

blood must be shed for our sins....and God sent the sacrifice of his son. So all we have to do is ask , thats it , faith thats it , but yet as you notice its hard just to believe, thats why we are rewarded and the Bible says few will enter heaven , those that thing they know God

This is such crap.
Get it through your head there are no sins!! only positive or negative choices.
There are two ways to ascend. you can follow the positive path, in which case you are graded for lack of a better word on YOUR performance in service to others.....this path only needs 51% service to others or more to make the grade.
If you choose the negative path or service to self you then need 95% service to self to make the grade, all those stuck in the middle will repeat 3rd density.
Negative harvested entities will proceed to a service to self planet of 4th density and service to others will stay here in fourth density......4th density is the density of love, or your heaven and it does not matter if you follow a church of any kind and no amount of prayer or confession will hide what you may have done in your life because you judge yourself.

Your Ideas of God are Null for you couldnt even concieve God , however Jesus ... you can.

Of this I am very sure I do understand and conceive better than any of your bibles can tell you.

God also determined that man would have free-will, the ability and responsibility to choose to obey Him (cf. Gen. 3:1-6; Josh. 24:15; Matt. 11:28).

Another oxymoron
..............how can free will be measured in a choice to obey someone? this is not a choice this is an ultimatum. Free will is the right to have your own choice no matter if it is to blindly OBEY someone or something, or choose to ignore them and find your own path.
Can you see what I mean by the bible being a mix of positive and negative doctrine? on one hand you have free will and on the other you have to choose this way or you will burn in hell, this is pure and simple manipulation.

Simply put, the Bible teaches that God elected (predestined or set in place) to save every soul who "fears God and works righteousness" (Acts 10:34-35). That is, before time eternal, God predestined that men would be saved "in Christ" (Eph. 1:3-4, 7-12). God predestined the "plan" of human redemption (cf. Eph. 3:10-11).

Why should we fear ourselves?? and if you don't believe that we are all co-creators then why should we fear a power that created us??.............. how can a creator who is countless billions of years old predestine that men would be saved by an entity that was here only 2000 years ago? sounds a bit fishy to me, nothing in any of this makes any sense at all.
edit on 4-6-2011 by CouncilOfNine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Well it is thought provoking and with all the bashers that gay people do get I can understand for something like this to happen.. A you notice I am replying directly to you virraszto because I know what lyes ahead nothing but Christians quoting their bible scriptures and saying its directly from GOd himself ..

dont believe in a GOd I belive In a Supereor being with lower enitys that may have acted as a God once human kind exsisted on earth . thats when all that sruff started ,, but yeah good lick in your thread hot topic ..if it lands in ATS live show

please excuse my typos as im not feeling the best today .. and actually this is my last post tonight cant wait to listen in on ATS live tonight ..

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by DB340

You either believe or you dont. Its that simple.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

I couldn't help but laugh at this. After all the pretty heavy and very interesting garb I have taken the time to carefully write, you come back with the comment of the century!

I know very well (!) that you either 'believe' or you do not 'believe'... this was the whole core of my comments!

So to write very simply, again; the mere fact of something being a belief (whether it be a small, singular, common belief such as 'there is reincarnation', i.e. no other variant, just the concept of coming back in another body, or a larger belief such as your (version of the) Bible, which spans so many variations and interpretations across the world), inversely renders it non-factual until otherwise proven as ...justifiably...true...knowledge.

As I have said before also, I do not poo-poo it; no, I am more intelligent than to be like that and say "It's a load of nonsense". Unfortunately, you take the book of non-verifiable stories (which have a factual, proveable, documented history of being modified, as well as a factual, proveable, documented history of the Bible having stories added and removed through time - how can they thus quote exact words 500+ years later!?!?!) as 'fact' (despite rather unintelligently proposing that it is, in fact, to believe or not to believe; whereas a fact cannot give the option of belief since it is justifiably true knowledge). I, on the other hand, and with a growing number of World citizens (fact: dropping church numbers in Europe (source for the UK: www.guardian.co.uk... for example, but others available), would prefer to make our life decisions not on fairytales (as the Bible currently stands if you step outside your box for a moment and take a look), but on positive, kind acts towards others and ourselves.

That's the fact and logic out the way. Now for an utterly worthless and unimportant opinion!

I feel content that people have an innate sense of doing good. I also subscribe to the notion that there is 'perhaps' a devine something, even if it does not exist as an entity, such as nature. I adore watching thunderstorms and how the lightning blasts from the sky causing thunder to rumble my pants off. I love this awesome display of 'natural' power. It makes me feel that I am part of something wonderful harmonious of panet Earth.

If people choose to follow a (unverified, as I have demonstrated in many responses) book, then of course I have nothing against it. I worry that they lack the observational logic because it leads them to false conclusions; this, in fact, irritates me more than worries me. It only worries me for their own safety to be honest, but one is but a product of their decisions, so by the grace of God go they, I guess.

An example is when I did my flight test for my commercial pilot's license. The weather was good, but my very religious family (grandparents brother's family, not my immediate family) said grace at the table and thanked God for the good weather and the fact I had passed! I was genuinely miffed at this. Could they not understand that, in the week leading up to this day, the weather was terrible about about 10 others were unable to carry out their flight test!?!? Did God not like them? I mean, it's so incredibly ignorant that it begs belief.

Also are those who thank God for successful operations, forgetting that the life-saving surgeon has studied at least 10 years of medicine and surgical procedure and most likely has 10 years experience or more, and saved the life through skill and excellence; I admire them all very much. But wait, it's God! An absolute disgrace, an utter in-you-face insult to the surgeon. I can't imagine how that would make me feel.

Now go and quote me your highly modified, edited and thwarted bible with no justifably true knowledge contained therein, and waste my and other's time again. Or perhaps you will say something for yourself with your own brain? Now that WOULD be a God send
(teehee).

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Isn't a sock full of coal a gift from santa too? I can't say all "gifts" are good... hehe
edit on 5-6-2011 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Ever heard of cause and effect? In every instance in the Bible where choices were made, God provided the cause. God, if he knows everything, KNOWS what you are going to do. Therefore, your choice isn't free.You might think it is, but God, KNOWS what you will choose. It isn't free.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

Just a side note, the Bible says the earth is fixed and does not move. Long story short, the Bible describes a flat earth. "Satan" took Jesus up to the highest mountain so he could see all the nations he could rule over if he wanted. Can you explain that?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I wouldnt call it a gift, just chance that someone ended up that way.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

I know what you mean. The christian right is absolutely fixated on homosexuality and how "sinful" it is. My daughter is gay. My son is a right wing religious nut. He won't put himself in the same room with his sister, and will not allow his children to be around her. So much for "hate the sin, but love the sinner." That is a bunch of crap.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

reply to post by DB340

Just a side note, the Bible says the earth is fixed and does not move. Long story short, the Bible describes a flat earth. "Satan" took Jesus up to the highest mountain so he could see all the nations he could rule over if he wanted. Can you explain that?

I cannot explain it but I can prove it is nonsense. Is it justifiably true knowledge from a justifiably true source?

Until then, I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The statement is stupid, fatuous and umprovable. I am in no way anti gay but really this is really needless. Why define people in terms of their sexuality? What about hair length or foot size?

I cannot see any sensible debate from any side getting into this was of space.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

these thing leave me stunned..

btw that bilboard wouldnt survive a day in my country

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Jrocbaby

I know what you mean. The christian right is absolutely fixated on homosexuality and how "sinful" it is. My daughter is gay. My son is a right wing religious nut. He won't put himself in the same room with his sister, and will not allow his children to be around her. So much for "hate the sin, but love the sinner." That is a bunch of crap.

Fortunately my Religious daughter has mellowed over the years with maturity. She wouldn't dare bring up any kind of prejudice in my presence.

I saw a list somewhere that listed the "alleged" passages in the bible relating to homosexuality.

Compared to a long list of all the positive loving things Jesus preached.

Very pathetic.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

The statement is stupid, fatuous and umprovable. I am in no way anti gay but really this is really needless. Why define people in terms of their sexuality? What about hair length or foot size?

I cannot see any sensible debate from any side getting into this was of space.

Why is there a need? If there was no need - there would be no sign.

Because this specific minority group - defined by non-gays in a sexual manner - are being denied rights because of it.

Do you honestly think gays themselves define themselves in sexuality?

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

Ever heard of cause and effect? In every instance in the Bible where choices were made, God provided the cause. God, if he knows everything, KNOWS what you are going to do. Therefore, your choice isn't free.You might think it is, but God, KNOWS what you will choose. It isn't free.

If one is not constrained by the dimensions of time and space (they are outside of it) then the begining, the middle and the end are perceivable at any point. If GOD knows what I'm going to do before I do it, does that mean I have no free will? No.
I can stand somewhere in a city and watch a ticker tape parade or a carnival, and I perceive it one float at a time. Someone up above in a blimp over the city can see where the parade will start, what course it will take, and where the parade will end. The ability to perceive all the events in a way that I cannot, does not negate the choices made by the city in terms of which floats go first, last or whatever.

If not, I guess every schizophrenic arsonist or murderer (etc) that says 'GOD made me do it', is absolutely right and should be released from jail immediately.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

One verse I can think of initially (and I know there are more) in Isaiah 40 speaks of GOD who sits over the 'circle of the earth'. So while the Catholic church (or whoever) were arguing about a flat earth, if they had bothered to look at the book they purport to know and base their actions on (or dare I say, 'religion',) I dare say a number of astronomers wouldn't have been burned at the stake.

Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
Hmmm.....how do you define a kingdom? Is it by the ruler/leaders? The principles of governance? The geography? The 'spirit' behind it?
The explanation to your question will arguably have different answers depending on people's understanding or interpretations. Are you happy for an explanation from anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join