It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

If you take the Bible literally, then yes. I respect your views, of course, however, I do not think that the Bible can be taken at total face value. God is far more complicated than we could ever imagine.

God is unconditional love. God gave substance to all that exists. God created us free. PLease do not condem your brthers and sisters simply because they are wired differently to you. Lack of tolerence and fear lead to hatred. I think that there is enough of that in the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by surrealist
If people are born gay, then it stands to reason that people are born pedophiles. Right? If not, why?

That's been addressed.

Please read the thread.

With so many responses and so much to read, I won't bother, and in the absence of a response I will just hold on to what I believe anyway.

Very mature of you. This is a forum. With threads and responses.

Not really an instant personal "on demand".

Contributors took the time to be involved and engaged on the subject.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
reply to post by wiser3

You're gay?

I really don't have any intention arguing with you,it's your choice to be gay.

I don't know is it being gay normal in your country,but it's not in my.Who knows, maybe next years being pedophile will be normal in your country.

You know how they said "I want mother and father,not father and father or mother and mother".

Just for the record,i don't have anything against you,i just hate to see how young lives like yours are being destroyed because some bad choice.

How sad. How very very sad.

Lack of factual knowledge. Closed in a mindset of human ignorance.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
Life and creation is a gift from God. Being gay? Well, just because you are attracted to the same sex does not mean that you cannot love unconditionally. Love, is a gift from God, whether it be between a man and a woman, a man and a man or between two women.

God will not judge you for how you love but for how you hate.

Yes he will.

Do you know why?

Well i will only say that he created Adam and Eve,not Adam and Johan or Eve and Hannah.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Surely he creates all people, not Adam and Eve... and some people are gay...

...And good thing, because if he didn't, this planet would have overpopulated a long time ago.

Good thing God is smarter than you and the rest of the undeveloped world

...Wooops, your regurgitated anti-logic fails again, go figure.

edit on 10-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
reply to post by grahag

When you say "fact" though, I think you've got a definition that differs from everyone else's. Look at it this way. In order to be a fact, you have to back up your fact with evidence that people who oppose your viewpoint couldn't refute. You may think it's a fact that you felt the holy ghost, but until you can prove it's the holy ghost, it's just a feeling you had that you interpreted as the holy ghost. It's a small but important detail that separates something from being a fact and an opinion/idea. Because it's NOT a fact, doesn't make it any less important to you, and I can totally respect it, but you'll have to get on the same page as the rest of the world when you call something a fact, because it's at the root of a very lively debate.

Neil Armstrong (amongst a select few others) has a reality and 'fact' of experience that we as a population cannot relate to, conceieve, affiliate with or share because we weren't there, we didn't live it, do it, expereince it, sense it, etc. To the best of our mental abilities and faculties, and based on the sources and materials available, we all assume to have an idea of what being in space/walking on the moon really is and means. But we don't, and the best of our collective intentions and perceptions still fall far short. We cannot 'know' that fact of his experiences (in fact people today still dispute the truth and validity of it), so does that therefore render that fact invalid. Even if you don't believe him (and let's assume he's telling the truth,) does everyone elses denial invalidate his truth?
Just a thought! Tssk....truth, eh.....

THIS

Like I said about half a thread ago, you can't possibly speak with any sort of authority on a subject you have NO experience of. The arrogance of some religious people is breathtaking.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I can't believe that healthy people support homosexuality

I don't have anything against gay people,but only for homosexuality itself.

I was raised in a traditional and orthodox family

I was told to respect the beliefs of others and their opinions even though I disagree with them.
That's why I think it's wrong if someone have a different opinion than your calling him stupid or undeveloped.

I am only saying that I can not believe that healthy people support gays while they are not one of them.

And yes,i am against homosexuality but if someone is gay i won't judge him/she.

Finally i just don't want you to think that i am a bad person while i'm not.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

What a shock. Could've fooled me.

I don't think you are a bad person - - - just very very misinformed.

By the way - - I was naive and ignorant of homosexuals once myself. I fully admit I too was taught as a child it was against God and a choice. It is neither.

edit on 10-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I can't believe that healthy people support homosexuality

I don't have anything against gay people,but only for homosexuality itself.

"Here is my bias and why I am openly closed-minded and will accept no hard facts as they do not line up with my 'beliefs' that were instilled in me by a bunch of other ignorant people many years ago."

I was told to respect the beliefs of others and their opinions even though I disagree with them.
That's why I think it's wrong if someone have a different opinion than your calling him stupid or undeveloped.

Nobody is calling you stupid, stop getting offended by stuff and start listening to people. You're not unintelligent, you're just ignorant. "o, those facts aren't true because I'm orthodox". That's your 'argument'? And you wonder why people think that you aren't using your brain on purpose.

I am only saying that I can not believe that healthy people support gays while they are not one of them.

I cannot believe overtly religious people are still allowed to preach their regurgitated 4000-year-old tripe from the rooftops even though it has created 6,000+ wars and killed hundreds of millions of innocent people and continues to create enough mental anguish to be the #1 cause of youth suicides... I guess we have this thing called freedom in the developed world and that's what people want to protect. People shouldn't be persecuted and made to feel unaccepted by society because of urges that they cannot control, and actions that hurt nobody.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What do you mean by "support gays"? I do support their right to be treated with respect, like normal heterosexuals are.

Also, you are from Serbia, which is quite a homophobic country, as far as I know. Maybe your ideas are biased by the influence of this anti-gay culture?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

What do you mean by "support gays"? I do support their right to be treated with respect, like normal heterosexuals are.

Also, you are from Serbia, which is quite a homophobic country, as far as I know. Maybe your ideas are biased by the influence of this anti-gay culture?

You can see up my explanation why am i against "father and father or mother and mother"...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucius Driftwood
reply to post by grahag

I apreciate your candour. I must admit to struggling with the post modern moral relativism that says 'Your truth is right for you, and mine is right for me'.
Just because people want their 'truth' to be right in relation to other opinions, doesn't make it so. We can't all be right, therefore truth cannot be a relative truism to our personal interpretations.
Example: Hindus believe in reincarnation, atheists believe in no life after death. Christians, muslims and jews believe in 'a' life after death (and presumably judgement).
There can only be one truth, however painful or politically incorrect or 'intolerant' that sounds. Either we're dead and that's it, or we 're-birth', or we face our maker.
It can't be all of the above. Truth doesn't work that way.

Unfortunately, there are some things we'll never know the truth of while we're here. Is there life after death? I don't think so. Many people do, but the truth won't be known. Frustrating for sure...

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Being gay is bliss from the God?

We all know what is homosexual is,it's a disease and if don't stop it then we are doomed...

How did God make so many ignorant people?

It gets so "old" ya just don't want to bother with facts anymore.

Oh no! You're gonna get infected with "The gay!"

Seriously? I'm going to go on a rant on how people who are left handed are a disease... They MUST BE STOPPED!

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

And I guess all the progeny of Adam and Eve are products of incest... Those sick twists...

Whoever would base their religion off of something like that has got to have something wrong in the head....

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grahag

I hope you don't mind if i ask.

Are you gay?

Do you want your child to see on the street how two gay people kissing each other?Do you?How would you explain to him what are they doing?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Do you want your child to see on the street how two gay people kissing each other? Do you? How would you explain to him what are they doing?

. . . and the problem is?

How would you explain a straight couple kissing?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Do you want your child to see on the street how two gay people kissing each other? Do you? How would you explain to him what are they doing?

Like,it's perfectly normal thing.

And how would you explain when he see two weird guys or girls kissing each other?What would you say to him?
And how would you feel if your child be gay and never have children?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

And how would you explain when he see two weird guys or girls kissing each other?What would you say to him?

Of course its natural. If someone is born gay - - they're gay. My child is my child - there is no "IF".

There is nothing wrong with a gays reproductive system. But - just like straights who need help - they can adopt - use a surrogate - or sperm donor etc.

Weird guys/girls kissing? You mean with tattoos and piercings?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Of course its natural. If someone is born gay - - they're gay. My child is my child - there is no "IF".

There is nothing wrong with a gays reproductive system. But - just like straights who need help - they can adopt - use a surrogate - or sperm donor etc.

Weird guys/girls kissing? You mean with tattoos and piercings?

Here in Serbia,gay people look weird.They have blue,orange and green hair,i can't explain you exactly how they look,because you must see them.They are weird and funny

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Here in Serbia, gay people look weird.They have blue, orange and green hair, I can't explain you exactly how they look, because you must see them.They are weird and funny

We have that here in the states too. Actually I am near Hollywood California. Lots of colorful people - not just gays.

When a minority group is forced to live secretly on the edge of society - - they tend to create their own culture. I suppose part of it is like belonging to a club and wearing a uniform - so you know who else thinks like you do.

Studies show that the more gays are accepted by society - - the more they become mainstream.

Also - - understand you only know of the gays who choose to be a bit flamboyant. That's stereotyping. I guarantee you there are plenty of settled down gays just living a quiet life in suburbia.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by grahag

I hope you don't mind if i ask.

Are you gay?

Do you want your child to see on the street how two gay people kissing each other?Do you?How would you explain to him what are they doing?

Not gay. Married with a wonderful wife, but no kids. The only problem kids have with homosexuality is that which their parents have taught them. Kids are taught that love is good and then they're taught that not ALL love is good.

If I had kids and they wanted to know how two guys or two girls did the deed, I'd let them know just like I would if I was explaining about a man and a woman. Upfront and honest discussion is really the only way to go when talking about sex. I was raised catholic and went to catholic school for 4 years, so I was pretty heavily indoctrinated into the religion. Education and an open mind fixed that though. I think it's sad that people who preach Chrstianity don't really act very Christ-like...

Any religion that allows you to sin as much as you want and then get absolution isnt teaching the right values for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join