It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men and Child support. What is the answer?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

dont get me started on alimony...
alimony just means: I'm too lazy to get a job, so pay me for sitting around and doing nothing

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
My old boss used to earn $500k/year.

He gives $250k to 1 wife and $250k to the other.

He lives in a 1 bedroom apartment...

so he has money, lets bleed him for every dime we can right?

just stupid how the system seems to punish those that are tryn to make a living
I think child support is a JOKE! maybe in the beginning it was for the kids but as i have said,
ITS about MonEY now@@@@$$$$

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by die_another_day

dont get me started on alimony...
alimony just means: I'm too lazy to get a job, so pay me for sitting around and doing nothing

Oh you forgot this one, " Well your honor, He knew I didnt work in the begging and he still took care of me
and this whole nasty divorce is his fault, he should pay me till i can get on my feet (knowing full well they just
dont want to work) lazy lazy lazy Blood money, bleeding a turnip call it what ever you want, ITS EFFIN wrong@@@

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by And Now What

Most non-custodial fathers don't want full custody of their children. Of those who have shared custody don't end up with their kids 50% of the time, not because the mothers won't allow access, but because the fathers choose not to have their kids 50% of the time.

Should the parent with the most money be given custody of their children? Does that make them the better parent? Hardly.

I thought I'd mention, in the Islamic nations when a marriage fails, the husband automatically gets custody of the kids.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Child support IS about the survival of our children from day to day until they turn 18! If child support is not about money to pay for the basic neccessities of what all children are entitiled to, then what IS it about? Without money to pay for these things, children start sleeping in cardboard boxes, under a park bench, eating out rubbish bins......children are NOT dogs or wild beasts!

Got it??? Now which part of that don't you understand?

Yes - - I don't know why men think child support is THEIR money.

However - - - in support of all who pay child support. I support they should be able to assign their payment to specifics - such as rent - school - insurance - etc. I think its very important that anyone paying support is guaranteed that money benefits the child.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Of course Child Support Enforcement enforces child support...it's to keep the tax payer's money down. When a woman goes on public assistance, Child Support gets an immediate referral to collect so that welfare monies aren't used to support these kids. And why not? When the obligee has a job there's no reason the state should have to pick up the bill. No? When a woman separates from the father of her children there is an obligation on behalf of the father to support his kids. Questions asked are does he have existing medical coverage that would cover his kid's health care? Why should Medicaid pay for that if the the parent has health insurance? The only way the noncustodial parent gets out of paying child support is if he's hiding, or is on disability or is a threat (domestic violence) issue. Why a man who is a multimillionaire could get out of paying child support is beyond me.

And when a man has children with a woman and opts out of that relationship (whether she is a fat *ss or not) and perhaps has not worked in years, is beside the point. It's about the children...why wouldn't a parent want to help out their kids? That is the question. It's overhead costs such as electrical bills, water, clothing, food and extra-curriculars that all add up....it's the little things.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I'm not a big believer in alimony.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

actually you misstate... a lot and i mean a lot of those fathers now live in one bedroom apartments or rent a room because they can not afford more, that is a huge reason a lot of non custodial father are non custodial, they are paying huge portions of their income in support and insurance... i pay nearly 1k dollars a month just for insurance. wont state the child support that's confidential but its similar.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Child support IS about the survival of our children from day to day until they turn 18! If child support is not about money to pay for the basic neccessities of what all children are entitiled to, then what IS it about? Without money to pay for these things, children start sleeping in cardboard boxes, under a park bench, eating out rubbish bins......children are NOT dogs or wild beasts!

Got it??? Now which part of that don't you understand?

Yes - - I don't know why men think child support is THEIR money.

However - - - in support of all who pay child support. I support they should be able to assign their payment to specifics - such as rent - school - insurance - etc. I think its very important that anyone paying support is guaranteed that money benefits the child.

OMG are you serious? Yes the money is supposed to be for the kids, but more times than not it isn't. Tell me one mother, or father for that matter that receives cs that don't sit down at the kitchen table and eats the food that the other parents cs payed for............Do they Buy there own food separate? NO theres no better example than that
PERIOD! IMHO

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

actually you misstate... a lot and i mean a lot of those fathers now live in one bedroom apartments or rent a room because they can not afford more, that is a huge reason a lot of non custodial father are non custodial, they are paying huge portions of their income in support and insurance... i pay nearly 1k dollars a month just for insurance. wont state the child support that's confidential but its similar.

bump! 2nd line!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Let me just jump in here and point out the 800-pound gorilla in the room.

While we bicker amongst ourselves, man pitted against women, the sad fact of the matter is we are all fighting over scraps. For the most part anyway. Someone with a basic high school education cannot even support themselves much less a child. Which then sets the state for what we are seeing today among so many women. They have a child because she knows darn well society will not let her live in the streets if she has a kid. The kid becomes her security blanket, whether it's some random man paying her bills (for the kid's sake supposedly) or the taxpayer.

The system has played us all, so easily, to make this a man vs. women issue. And sadly, it is the women who have fallen for the biggest part of the sham under the guise of feminism.

But at the end of the day, if women could earn a decent living, they would not be resorting to motherhood for profit. And if men were being paid an honest wage, they could actually afford to pay the support without living in abject poverty themselves.

Some food for thought here from my favorite blogger:

US most overworked nation in developed world

Feminism created to destablize society

JP Morgan controls foodstamps, not gov't

Poverty: Play the game now!

Poverty USA

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

While we bicker amongst ourselves, man pitted against women, the sad fact of the matter is we are all fighting over scraps. For the most part anyway. Someone with a basic high school education cannot even support themselves much less a child. Which then sets the state for what we are seeing today among so many women. They have a child because she knows darn well society will not let her live in the streets if she has a kid. The kid becomes her security blanket, whether it's some random man paying her bills (for the kid's sake supposedly) or the taxpayer.

The system has played us all, so easily, to make this a man vs. women issue. And sadly, it is the women who have fallen for the biggest part of the sham under the guise of feminism.

But at the end of the day, if women could earn a decent living, they would not be resorting to motherhood for profit. And if men were being paid an honest wage, they could actually afford to pay the support without living in abject poverty themselves.

Poverty USA

you sir are my hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Non-custodial parents are not realistic when it comes to child support.

This is the list of which non-custodial parents should pay half of in child support to the custodial parent:

1. Rent

2. Utilities (electricity, gas, water, phone)

3. Food

4. Clothing *basic

5. Transport

6. Dental checks @ twice a year including extras if needed

7. Medical/therapy (when needed)

8. Education (school fees, uniforms, stationary, extras)

9. Sports/extra activities

10. Tutoring *optional

any other costs relating to the said child beyond the above list then becomes optional for the non-custodial parent.

Now why is that so difficult? Now as a custodial parent, I'd be more than happy to cough up receipts for the above list to my ex..........getting paid is a whole different ball game though!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Poverty USA

yeah we all know that and it is a given. this isn't man v woman no matter how some attempt to frame my thread... i love my children and i can honestly say i love one of my ex wives, her mental health took her form me. another story perhaps.
i in no way harbor ill feelings to the gender. Women are the best thing ever put on this planet! I love my two daughters and two grand-daughters with all my heart. that should not be a part of this issue at all. this isn't about feminism however feminists should get this more than any hatred of men sometimes blinds them to the truth though. for every sad story of an unwed or divorced single mother i can show you a story of a struggling non custodial father practically starving with ruined credit nearly living in a box working 2 sometimes 3 jobs just to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by And Now What
OMG are you serious? Yes the money is supposed to be for the kids, but more times than not it isn't. Tell me one mother, or father for that matter that receives cs that don't sit down at the kitchen table and eats the food that the other parents cs payed for............Do they Buy there own food separate? NO theres no better example than that
PERIOD! IMHO

YOU made a child. That is at least 50% your responsibility - - no matter what the circumstances are.

Child support payment is not YOUR money - - it is your child's money.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Mom is a train wreck and I have custody of my son. I get no child support and no chance of that happening. This type of BS is why I half way hope we do get struck by a comet.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Do non-custodial fathers need a house to live in?

A one bedroom apartment is quite sufficient for non-custodial fathers since they don't have their kids most of the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

But unfortunately,giving the EX,the money isnt always the best alternative. I know where MY childs money was going,right up my EX's nose. That is the BIGGEST problem,forking over hard earned money,meant for a child,and finding out that the person with the child isnt spending it the way any normal person would.It happens all the time.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

incorrect...in reference to the 50% of the time a father should get the kids where are they going to sleep? i wish i could afford a 1 bdrm apt..or .i rent a room try putting 2 teens and a 10 yr old in your bedroom with you for the weekend you get to see em all. twice a month.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

yeah we all know that and it is a given. this isn't man v woman no matter how some attempt to frame my thread... i love my children and i can honestly say i love one of my ex wives, her mental health took her form me. another story perhaps. i in no way harbor ill feelings to the gender. Women are the best thing ever put on this planet! I love my two daughters and two grand-daughters with all my heart. that should not be a part of this issue at all. this isn't about feminism however feminists should get this more than any hatred of men sometimes blinds them to the truth though. for every sad story of an unwed or divorced single mother i can show you a story of a struggling non custodial father practically starving with ruined credit nearly living in a box working 2 sometimes 3 jobs just to make it happen.

If it were a "given" we would be talking about how to get paid instead of fighting over who should pay.

I never said you hated women, but you know full well that when it comes to these issues, abortion, child support, boirth control, it always splits with feminists on one side, and more-traditional even if progressives on the other side. Roughly, men vs women, but not entirely of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join