It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits to dumping chemtrails for weather modification. What do they look like??

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Nope, I'm referring to THIS law which was passed in 1997 and is still valid today, unless of course you have proof otherwise, I would love to see it.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by indigo25

Yes, that law. 1997

(b) EXCEPTIONS.—Subject to subsections (c), (d), and (e), the prohibition in subsection (a) does not apply to a test or experiment carried out for any of the following purposes:
(1) Any peaceful purpose that is related to a medical, therapeutic, pharmaceutical, agricultural, industrial, or research activity.
(2) Any purpose that is directly related to protection against toxic chemicals or biological weapons and agents.
(3) Any law enforcement purpose, including any purpose related to riot control.

(c) INFORMED CONSENT REQUIRED.—The Secretary of Defense may conduct a test or experiment described in subsection (b) only if informed consent to the testing was obtained from each human subject in advance of the testing on that subject.

www.dod.gov...
Informed consent is required. Period.

edit on 5/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
reply to post by Uncinus

The Bold type in my post are hyperlinks click them.

Your first link:

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu...

says:

If you are attentive to contrail formation and duration, you will notice that they can rapidly dissipate or spread horizontally into an extensive thin cirrus layer. How long a contrail remains intact, depends on the humidity structure and winds of the upper troposphere. If the atmosphere is near saturation, the contrail may exist for sometime. On the other hand, if the atmosphere is dry then as the contrail mixes with the environment it dissipates.

which seems to rather contradict your "5 miles" assertion (less than a minute at cruising speeds)

The accompanying photos show contrails persisting for over 45 minutes.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
In Oz I lived near an airport and have lived in Asia near several flight paths and never even seen one

Why does this issue only seem to affect planes in the US and to a smaller degree the UK?

You'll find chemtrail supporters in Oz if you search for them - eg Chemtrails explained, and yuor neighbours New Zealand have a particularly loopy high priestess of the cult - chemtrailsnorthnz.wordpress.com...

You can also find similar believer blogs around the world - South Africa, Hong Kong...just do a bit of searching if you want to see how far the ignorance has spread.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Not sure if this is related but:-

Summer 2008

Chinese Weather Manipulation

his summer period can be a very wet season for Beijing and officials have been concerned their moment of huge national pride would be a wash-out. But it would appear the 21 rain dispersal launch sites kept nature at bay and made sure the celebration fireworks didn’t get soggy…

Then winter rolls around and Winter 2008/9

Also controversial: the widespread belief in Beijing that the government bears some responsibility for at least one of the big storms. And this is not just a crazy conspiracy theory either. The capital has a bureau actually called the Beijing Weather Modification Office. This organization gained a fame of sorts for their efforts to control precipitation during the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Beijing Snow Storms SPur Angry Debate

Consequences on playing "god" ?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Cloud seeding is a known process.. they look nothing like typical contrails, they are denser than water vapor and aren't dumped from jet aircraft, they are jumped from the same planes that spray pesticides typically..

Cloudseeding != Chemtrails.. entirely different subject

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Here is a picture originally from china-briefing.com showing a plane dropping chemicals in the air in China:

Looks a lot like a "contrail" to me, so how do you tell the difference?

Sorry OP, but I have to call foul on that image.... That is NOT a cloud seeder... that is a stunt plane with a smoke trail for wow factor.

1: There is NO CLOUDS in that image... Cloud seeding is worthless unless there are clouds to seed!

2: Obviously in that image, the aircraft is doing some aerobatic maneuver.

So... I highly suggest you remove that image before you start brainwashing more chemmies.
edit on 30-5-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
Wow, I can't believe this is such a hard topic to understand. So lets put it easy for everyone to understand shall we.

The OP article was talking about stopping rain yet most of the discussion is on seeding. UM...off topic.

A contrail is water vapor and dissipates in less than 5 miles. Its dissipation is uniform and spreads to nothing as the water vapor is ether evaporated of spreads too far to come together as a cloud.

A chemtrail is the spraying of chemicals in the air for a specific purpose, one of which is seeding. Seeding is the spraying of chemicals into a cloud to activate rain.

Another form of chemtrail is used in large populated areas and is done on a clear day usually in a grid pattern. These are distinguished by the trail continuing for miles and miles. Its dissipation is a spreading effect like a ribbon. Instead of spreading on the wind it spreads in waves in a flat formation. Its purpose is what is speculated. These are what some people believe are used in conjunction with the HAARP system by activating magnetically the chemicals both in the air and on the ground. The chemicals on the ground are like spiderwebs everywhere and have color tints of red and blue. These are what is blamed for Morgellon's disease

I disagree with your distinction between a contrail and an alleged chemtrail primarily because I live next to one of the largest airforce bases in the US and I have a large number of friends in the airforce who would also disagree with you.. not only that but the idea of the powers that be are spreading harmful chemicals intentionally into the air we breathe has no logic to stand on ... the powers that be breathe the same air.. so do the pilots flying those planes, and so do the pilot's friends and families.. even if such an operation existed and the pilots and commanders all decided to spray chemicals on their friends and family for whatever reason.. the information surely would have leaked out by now and it's not .. as evidence by the very lack of evidence to support it .. it's all theory ..

Contrail life, how it spreads and how far it can be seen is directly related to atmospheric conditions.. humidity, air speed, air pressures, air temperature .. you can't define a contrail with a single characteristic and expect it to be the same say over an arid climate vs. a humid climate.. winter vs. summer.. higher altitude vs. lower .. that's absurd

I'm not trying to sound rude but I find your response to be very incorrect in that regard
edit on 30-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Here is a picture originally from china-briefing.com showing a plane dropping chemicals in the air in China:

Looks a lot like a "contrail" to me, so how do you tell the difference?

Sorry OP, but I have to call foul on that image.... That is NOT a cloud seeder... that is a stunt plane with a smoke trail for wow factor.

1: There is NO CLOUDS in that image... Cloud seeding is worthless unless there are clouds to seed!

2: Obviously in that image, the aircraft is doing some aerobatic maneuver.

So... I highly suggest you remove that image before you start brainwashing more chemmies.

Actually that's a "Jet turbine powered Air Tractor in a steep climb dropping water.". But other than that, yes.

www.istockphoto.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
These photos of contrails vs. chemtrails amuse me because you can't really tell much by looking at a still photo, chemicals would be denser than water vapor.. same as in cloud seeding, even the same as when planes drop water onto a fire ( but that is obviously higher volume ) .. to tell the difference it would seem you'd need VIDEO of it, and you'd expect to see chemicals dissipating very quickly because of size and weight .. not only that but logically the powers that be who are out to spray chemicals on you as well as their own friends and family, surely wouldn't want the chemicals to stay up there where you can't breathe it right?

Still .. the point is, you'd see chemicals dispersing rather rapidly

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Oh, you are right. I was wrong. I was going by looks alone... I saw it doing a "steep climb" and figured it was just a stunt plane with smoke. Don't I feel stupid lol... I just knew it wasn't cloud seeding though....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Utterly wrong:

I know weedwhacker, but the US is not one of those places where it is done openly.

Just ONE thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Type "cloud seeding" into ATS Search.....

Use Google: Just type "cloud seeding usa"

Wow, so you finally admit some of these "contrails" are not contrails at all? That didn't take very long.

WTF did you get that genius? Are you one of those metally ill kids that just see # thats not there?

Anyways...chemtrails are BS and are only used to keep most over your pathetic lives a float.
I think it would be better if you peeps actually did some work and found something cool for a change.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by SirCoxone

The logic comes back to this. Cloud seeding is done in clouds that are much lower than jets fly, if you want to seed clouds then you don't do it at 35,000ft. If you see high trails then those are not cloud seeding chemicals.
Simple.
You then ask how do people know it is not chemicals from high planes instead of just vapour. This question bears no relation to the first and is totally different.
Let me ask you this.
How do you know there isn't a huge alien mothership in orbit now targetting you directly with strange mind altering rays making you post on here.
Well, if you can't see it then it might be happening right? so prove to me it isn't.
Well of course the sensible answer is, unless you can come up with a sensible reason and hypothesis as to why it would be happening, you can forget about it.

Actually, the "mother ship" explanation is the only one that makes sense, and since I believe it, and you can't disprove it, it must be true. Moreover, there are dozens of "mothership" threads and YouTube videos, so the "evidence " is overwhelming.

As for hypotheses, I specifically asked the author for just one, and he has thus far refused to offer any.

Must be the mothership.

jw
edit on 30-5-2011 by jdub297 because: sp

All hail the mothership.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

The term chemtrail is derived from "chemical trail" in the similar fashion that contrail is a portmanteau of condensation trail. It does not refer to common forms of aerial spraying such as crop dusting, cloud seeding, skywriting, or aerial firefighting.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

I think a title about chemtrailing is a bit extreme for a thread about cloud seeding.
Please change the title.
SeraphNB

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by weedwhacker

It would appear that NO attempts have been made to alter the engines to somehow STOP making these bloody trails,

You don't stop contrails by modifying the engines - you stop them by flying at different altitudes.

Generally jet aircraft try to fly as high as they can as it is more economical.

Flying lower costs a lot more fuel -figures have been posted on here before - for a 747 IIRC it was something liek several hundred lbs of kerosene per hour to fly 2-3000 ft lower.

it would seem logical and IMPERATIVE to rid these blights from the skies so we could stop altering the weather and be able to actually get some sunlight...but oh yes !!!! The Sun is BAD for us !!

seems like you're at the south pole then - since it is the only part of the world currently receiving no sunlight at all - not sure that you can blame the earth's axial tilt on contrails tho - I'll be interested in your justification for that??!!

CONTRAILS, the best dam SUNBLOCK on the market....

As others have pointed out - they don't block much at all.

chemtrails, however, clearly block rational thinking in a lot of people!

edit on 30-5-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

No, it doesn't look like a contrail. A contrail clearly comes from abridges in the plane's profile hitting the air. Chemtrails clearly come from a single source, as it's not practical to have more than one.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Your photos show cirrus and contrails. At altitudes that will exceed 25,000 feet, since cirrus and contrails won't form lower (contrails can, in extreme cold, when conditions are suitable. This very rare).

You mention "fog"......fog is a form of STRATUS clouds. Very different from CIRRUS.

You merely encountered a layer of low stratus, called "fog" when it hugs the ground....you were near the coast, of California, and the Marine Layer conditions are common...especially just inland a ways, and up the hills.....they can be a result of orthographic lifting, as on-shore breezes 'push' the stratus up, and along the terrain.

The cirrus, overhead, had nothing at all to do with the stratus, at ground level. Although, that combination CAN indicate a changing weather situation, such as an approaching warm front, followed, sometimes, by rains.

Why not try to get some lessons on meteorology? Seems that wouldn't hurt, to learn more than before.....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

DAMN!!!!!!!

This is a emotive topic, so much venom on both sides

I gotta be honest, theres some topics on which I genuinely believe ignorance is bliss.
The stuff I do know to be true sometimes just makes me so angry and feel so small and impotent that its overwhelming because Im powerless to change it

If it was true and I found out beyond doubt what could I do? nothing except try to educate people and get shot down for it or on the other hand if I found out beyond all doubt it was BS then the believers would just be another group of people I felt sorry for because they were idiots.

Sometimes I really wish I had of taken the Blue pill *sigh*

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The word "chemtrails" can include any dumping of chemicals into the atmosphere, and there was an article posted earlier in the thread showing cloud seeding specifically being referred to as "chemtrails," referenced by the Wikipedia article on chemtrails, which also says that chemtrails are suspected in weather manipulation. That's exactly what cloud seeding is. "Chemtrails" = chemical trails, so I see no reason why cloud seeding should be excluded from this definition. Cloud seeding is also extremely controversial, just like any other kind of chemtrails would be. You don't hear your weatherman talking about how such-and-such storm system is going to dissipate or grow because of active weather manipulation do you? Yet it happens.

With all due respect,

The United States Air Force maintains that the theory is a hoax which "has been investigated and refuted by many established and accredited universities, scientific organizations, and major media publications".[5] The United Kingdom's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has stated that chemtrails "are not scientifically recognised phenomena".[3] The Canadian Leader of the Government in the House of Commons has stated that "The term 'chemtrails' is a popularised expression, and there is no scientific evidence to support their existence."[6]

Same source as quoted above...

en.wikipedia.org...

So you are saying that cloud seeding is the same as a chemtrail. Well, I'll have do disagree. Cloud seeding is common. As I said before, there is science behind it. What about pesticide spraying? Do you classify that as a chemtrail as well? By your reasoning, I would have to say that it would appear so. So our definitions of a chemtrail diverge.

Look, all I'm saying is the same as quoted above..."The term 'chemtrail' is a popularised expression, and there is no scientific evidence to support their existence." Which isn't the case for contrails, cloud seeding and cloud busting.

But I respect your opinion, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join