It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits to dumping chemtrails for weather modification. What do they look like??

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
There is NO EVIDENCE of chemtrails.

Thats exactly the point, though the veracity of that statement is arguable (apparently).

How can one make any conclusion, either way, with no evidence?

We cant, at least not logically.

It is the same as those who claim there are poison trails being left by planes for world domination. There is no evidence, so how can one prove or disprove it empirically?

We cant, at least not reasonably.

In that, we can not say whether or not chemtrails exist (if specifically using the CT vernacular), by many of the "debunkers" own admission. Because there is no evidence. Its a tricky concept, maybe, but one i think many of the agnostic atheists on this board know well

However, if we use more general speech instead of conspiracy theory talk, then all planes most certainly do leave chemical trails behind them, period. If using the standard precedent set by the word "contrail" as it pertains to avionics, then a person without knowledge of this specific conspiracy, would likely not even bat an eye at the use of "chemical trail" describing anything coming off the back of an airplane.

So, in this, the ones who "do not believe absolutely," are being just as significantly influenced in their perspective on the conspiracy of "chemical trails" as the ones who "do believe absolutely." Individual parts of the same wave. Occams razor does not dictate what will happen, just what might happen.

When it comes down to it, it is difficult to justify absolute stances when there is no evidence present. That is why science exists.
edit on 30-5-2011 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik

Thats exactly the point, though the veracity of that statement is arguable (apparently).

Yes you can. You can conclude there is no evidence for chemtrails. There's lots of evidence for contrails.

You don't need to go beyond that, unless there's some new evidence.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
reply to post by Uncinus

people are saying that chemtrails are being used to manipulate weather. would that not be cloud seeding?

Normal cloud seeding looks nothing like long white lines in the sky, and it's not at high altitude.

Normal contrails affect the weather, but we don't call them cloud seeding.

If people say "that chemtrails are being used to manipulate weather", then I'd ask them what they mean. Clarity is not difficult here.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by indigo25

This is not just a conspiracy-themed board, claiming it is just that demonstrates your ignorance.

Just to drive that point home further, there is much more evidence for female Nordic aliens (hairs, witness testimony, polygraph) than there is for the conspiracy theory commonly known as "chemtrails" (err, no hard evidence whatsoever).

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that you think "chemtrails" - covert operations by X that use planes disguised as commercial airliners to release nefarious chemicals into the sky at high altitude - are more likely than the existence female Nordic aliens, which just goes to show how illogical "chemtrailers" actually are.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You still won't answer questions huh? This is becoming quite telling of you and your methods.

Can you honestly say that the jet at the .45 sec. mark in the video is producing condensation?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-5-2011 by tbonethedstroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yes you can. You can conclude there is no evidence for chemtrails. There's lots of evidence for contrails.

You don't need to go beyond that, unless there's some new evidence.

i know, right? No need to go further at all. No evidence for "conspiracy theory defined chemtrails," and definitely evidence for contrails. The only logical and empirical conclusion that even could be extrapolated from that though, is that contrails definitely exist in an observable manner. Nothing can be said, empirically, about "conspiracy theory defined chemtrails," period. It is difficult, at best, to falsify the unfalsifiable. Without data, it is all conjencture and hypothesis based on, literally, nothing.

Remember now, i dont feel those NWO domination type chemtrails are likely to exist, but there is no way i could say they -absolutely- do not exist. Whether that was due to no current evidence, or the fact that chemical trails most certainly do exist in various capacities and contexts. Though perhaps not in the specifically defined way of the typical conspiracy battle we see waged in this thread.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tbonethedstroyer

Can you honestly say that the jet at the .45 sec. mark in the video is producing condensation?

Yes, absolutely.

Based on my many decades of experience flying ... to include more than 20,000 hours of observing, seeing all sorts of contrails, in many shapes, lighting conditions, and from different angles.

@0:45, is just a view of the jet,and the contrails, with the sunlight angle to make it more pronounced....seemingly *odd* looking, perhaps, to a layperson --- anyone without the lifetime of experience I bring to this....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

You are referring to hairs, witness testimony, and polygraphs as evidence? If a 'chemtrailer' presented what you just listed as "evidence", they would be laughed at. You don't think that someone who honestly believes in chemtrails would pass a polygraph? You don't think people have collected what THEY claim to be 'evidence'? You don't believe there is eye witness testimony of chemtrails?

I won't go out on a limb here and guess that you believe TPTB are covering up these so called Nordic female aliens, because I would not assume to know your thought process. I haven't heard all this evidence on the MSM. Why?

My point here is, if you don't agree with a theory, then yes, it is going to sound like lunacy. If you do believe in something that is not widely accepted, you will be seen as a lunatic. Nothing new there. Been going on for centuries. Ridicule for holding ideas that are not widely accepted? Nothing new there either. If we feared it, we would not be here. If we feared it, agent orange survivors would have kept their mouths shut.

B4 you blast me, I am not comparing 'chemtrails' to agent orange. In fact, I personally would refer to them as CONtrails that are adding to precipitation and humidity. I do not hold the opinion of chemicals being sprayed as some demonic plot.

No, not everyone thinks that there is something 'nefarious' going on here, just like not everyone believes that drilling into the earth eight miles down for oil is some 'nefarious plot to destroy us all'. However, some ARE concerned about unforeseen and inadvertent effects from anything that goes on to alter or manipulate or alter our earth in any way (even when that manipulation is with the best intentions). History has shown us time and time again that science doesn't always study potential outcomes of what at the time seems like a good idea, or a harmless experiment.

History has also proved time and time again that what is truth today is ridiculous tomorrow. After all, the earth is in fact not flat. Now this was the widely accepted theory among MOST people (even scientists and astronomers) back in the day. Does that make it so?

Can someone explain why the space shuttle does not leave a trail that lingers in the sky for hours? After all, they are going pretty high up into that "cold atmosphere" too.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

So contrails would not assist in cloud seeding ??

Funny how a contrail appears to be much more effective in generating clouds than actual "cloud seeding".

Amazing stuff !! Who are the retards in charge of these programs !!

It would appear that NO attempts have been made to alter the engines to somehow STOP making these bloody trails, it would seem logical and IMPERATIVE to rid these blights from the skies so we could stop altering the weather and be able to actually get some sunlight...but oh yes !!!! The Sun is BAD for us !!

CONTRAILS, the best dam SUNBLOCK on the market....

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

So contrails would not assist in cloud seeding ??

Correct. Not in any way.

Funny how a contrail appears to be much more effective in generating clouds than actual "cloud seeding".

"cloud seeding" does NOT "generate" clouds. How many times must this be repeated, before it sinks in?

Contrails ARE clouds. Period. They are not "seeded"....they are FORMED, by well understood principles of science and physics. Merely a consequence of technology, they are a byproduct of the existing state of the art of aviation, and our reliance on fast, cheap air travel.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is getting absolutely ridiculous.

So just because some of you can find so called "evidence" that these "chemtrails" are in fact "weather modification" techniques, its all good? Everything is alright.....just go about your day? These people are dropping harmful particles into our atmosphere, which eventually get into YOUR BODY directly or indirectly through food water etc etc. Whether you like it or not, they do it anyway.

But no way it is just absolutely crazy to think it is a form of population control.....or that the government is doing something bad.

Need I mention the origins of the AIDS virus, flouride in the water, poison in our foods, vaccines, government funded genocides.

But wait!!! There is no ABSOLUTE PROOF of all these things....so it just CAN'T be true because it CAN'T be proven in court without a shadow of a doubt.

So go ahead and wait for the smoking gun and believe its all a conspiracy "theory"

Or step back and look at the big picture, combine LOGIC and COMMON SENSE (if it exists anymore) and make your mind up.

Food for thought....

Say any of you wanted to take over the planet, control all resources, manipulate public opinion etc etc all of that fun stuff. How would you do it? When you realize the answer to that and the answer of over-population by the elites, then everything clicks together.

Weather Modification or Chemical Trails or CHEMTRAILS....call it what you will. Fact is its unhealthy and unnatural to be doing.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by indigo25

The space shuttle passes through the altitudes at which persistent contrails form very rapidly. It also does not travel horizontally.

Persistent contrails require the air to be supersaturated. If the conditions were favorable, a persistent contrail would form in the small (favorable) region the shuttle passed through.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

i know, right? No need to go further at all. No evidence for "conspiracy theory defined chemtrails," and definitely evidence for contrails. The only logical and empirical conclusion that even could be extrapolated from that though, is that contrails definitely exist in an observable manner. Nothing can be said, empirically, about "conspiracy theory defined chemtrails," period. It is difficult, at best, to falsify the unfalsifiable. Without data, it is all conjencture and hypothesis based on, literally, nothing.

Remember now, i dont feel those NWO domination type chemtrails are likely to exist, but there is no way i could say they -absolutely- do not exist. Whether that was due to no current evidence, or the fact that chemical trails most certainly do exist in various capacities and contexts. Though perhaps not in the specifically defined way of the typical conspiracy battle we see waged in this thread.

But people DO say things about it. They do make claims about evidence. They do claim that chemtrails are different to contrails. They do claim that chemtrails increase levels of various chemicals. That's what the debunkers are addressing - the claims of evidence.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

I still dont believe in these chemtrails, but what I would like to know is how in the hell is a Plane able to turn its contrail off? I've seen a couple of these planes do this, and I've even seen a couple turn on their contrails. I'm sure someones going to come along and say oh well it all depends on the Atmosphere, but that still wouldn't explain why Plane A had a contrail and Plane B whose in the relatively same area doesn't...
edit on 30-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

The atmosphere is not homogenous. Intermittent contrails are formed when a plane flies through regions which are and aren't conducive to contrail formation.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigo25
Can someone explain why the space shuttle does not leave a trail that lingers in the sky for hours? After all, they are going pretty high up into that "cold atmosphere" too.

It does:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/98e044634df7.jpg[/atsimg]

www.flickr.com...@N04/4494546794/

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by indigo25

I can confirm what Uncinus said, being from Orlando, I can actually see the space shuttle launches from my house. It leaves a trail of smoke up to a certain altitude, after that it is smoke and ice crystals. The same goes for every rocket launch I have seen.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well if I had to pick between this answer and someone telling me we are being sprayed for population control, Phage's answer would be my choice..lol

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Star and Flag for your original question Op.....
and also just to SPITE some members who are just rude and condescending to the very bone in their replies.

I just love those with EGO issues.
Humility is very hard for some to learn no matter how "intelligent" they may be.

On topic: I'd like to see a photo section of any confirmed chemtrails. Is there a way to positively identify, by sight alone, chemtrails vs contrails? IF there are actual chemtrails.

edit on 30-5-2011 by Bachrk because: add on

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Population control ?? Who knows what it is being done for,, all we KNOW is,

1.We cannot have a sunny clear day EVER.
2. We cannot see the stars at night even one TENTH as well as 10 years ago !!!
3. Population and air traffic do NOT account for this incredible increase in identifiable "ALTERED WEATHER".
4. No emission standards are known or talked about anywhere, these planes have a free pass to use whatever fuels they like and adjust there engines however they like as well.
5. This is a serious problem, and the fact it does not get addressed by "Climate Changers" is quite mystifying to say the least.
6. This planet does not need artificial clouds and disgusting haze, why is this not being stopped ??

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join