It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China admits to dumping chemtrails for weather modification. What do they look like??

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

For the UMPTEENTH time......No one denies "cloud seeding"!!!

Please, try to pay attention, and read more carefully.

Re-read the OP....this author is trolling this topic, intentionally. By using deceptively confusing, and vague terms.....and stoking the same nonsense....as in, the way it triggered you to misunderstand, and not get the gist of it.

"Cloud-Seeding", from a variety of methods, is well-known. It isn't always done with airplanes!!

And, "chem"-trails (which are a fantasy, anyways) have NO resemblance to "cloud-seeding" methods,not in the minds of the deluded and paranoid, who cannot understand that normal contrails are just contrails.

Contrails occur at altitudes too high for "cloud-seeding" to be effective. "Cloud-Seeding" is NOT done in clear, blue skies....and is always at much lower altitudes than contrails.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

North Central Europe

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rougeskut

So have you considered that the weather and the air traffic patterns are going to be vastly different in 2011 North Central Europe than they were in 1970s Southern Texas?
edit on 30-5-2011 by Uncinus because: 70's not 80's

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Of course, I would consider that and the surrounding airports within the vicinity.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Originally posted by bsbray11

A photo is posted of "clouds," all in straight lines across the sky, all at a relatively low altitude, and there are no planes to be seen.

Poster "A" says "Contrails!"

Poster "B" says "Chemtrails!"

How in the hell can you tell the difference just by looking?

I always avoid the chemtrail threads as they most often end up in useless debates...but this one got my interest...for different reasons. Let's see if I can explain...

I would be most certainly Poster "A". But could I tell the difference just by looking at it? No. Yet, the question is loaded. Much like a lawyer who will get you to answer what he wants by simply having you answer yes or no but you can't go into details as to why you would answer as such...

I would not be able to tell the difference just by looking...BUT...there is a difference in the science behind it. Contrails do have science behind them to help us understand. So does cloud seeding, cloud busting...Is there science behind chemtrails? It is yet to be found if it exists. Like most conspiracy theories, chemtrails are based on lots and lots of speculation, hearsay and pseudo witness testimony...But where is the proof?

The word "chemtrails" can include any dumping of chemicals into the atmosphere, and there was an article posted earlier in the thread showing cloud seeding specifically being referred to as "chemtrails," referenced by the Wikipedia article on chemtrails, which also says that chemtrails are suspected in weather manipulation. That's exactly what cloud seeding is. "Chemtrails" = chemical trails, so I see no reason why cloud seeding should be excluded from this definition. Cloud seeding is also extremely controversial, just like any other kind of chemtrails would be. You don't hear your weatherman talking about how such-and-such storm system is going to dissipate or grow because of active weather manipulation do you? Yet it happens.

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
i found the pic i saved of the cloud coverage on obama inauguration day... ;p

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Just curious, have you looked at the topics covered on this website? I think you are using the word "trolling" quite liberally in the context of this website. If you are talking about disinfo, I would direct you to this website's homepage. This is a CONSPIRACY BASED website! You are SURPRISED that many have no concrete info and use vague terms? Are you kidding? Female Nordic Aliens? Aliens interested in Type 0 blood? I mean, come on. I'm not saying those topics I just listed are not true, but I would also admit that anyone on this website with differing opinions could theoretically be labeled a "troll". Again, I direct you to the homepage. Take a look at the topics listed. I'm pretty sure you will find all the topics to be 'vague' with little to no evidence. The exchange of ideas that you do not personally agree with does not constitute trolling. Disinformation cuts both ways. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Ever heard the saying, you have a right to your opinion and I have a right to disagree? This is not called trolling, it is called debate. Under your definition of trolling, every website besides the MSM would be a trolling website. These are the very websites being harrassed by TPTB because of these "vague" topics and "conspiracy theories". I for one stand up for websites such as this....a place where people (most of the time) can discuss their ideas openly without the fear of criticism or jeering. Let's try to keep it cool and light, shall we?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
There's your problem. YOU can't tell the difference.
That in no way takes away from the experience of the professionals who can tell the difference.

Yet you can't tell me what a white trail left by a plane is made out of, just by looking at it.

Lots of you have tried and failed. The best attempts people have made, all reference the planes themselves for clues as to whether it's a vapor trail or some chemical being sprayed. After it's in the air, and leaves a white cloud trail, there is no way you can just look at it and say "oh that's so-and-so" without talking completely out of your ass.

Again, if you don't see the plane, you can't tell what it is. If you think contrails can linger for days in the upper atmosphere then why can't anything else?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Every white trail left by an airplane high in the sky is a contrail. Unless you have any evidence that shows otherwise?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
Every white trail left by an airplane high in the sky is a contrail. Unless you have any evidence that shows otherwise?

That's not a logical argument. You can't make a blanket statement that everything is "x" until proven otherwise, when you never proved that everything was "x" in the first place. You have faith that they are all contrails but like I said, your eyeballs do not do chemical analyses from thousands of feet away.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

That's not a logical argument. You can't make a blanket statement that everything is "x" until proven otherwise, when you never proved that everything was "x" in the first place.

Yes we can, it's called deductive reasoning. Do you need an example, because you seem to not understand logic so very well.

You have faith that they are all contrails but like I said, your eyeballs do not do chemical analyses from thousands of feet away.

I'm not a man of faith. I have noticed that 'chemtrails' act as contrails do, the behavior of contrails has always remained the same, etc, therefore there are only contrails. Do you want a link to my thread on critical thinking in relation to 'chemtrails'?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by rougeskut
reply to post by Uncinus

Of course, I would consider that and the surrounding airports within the vicinity.

Surrounding airports have nothing to do with it. What you describe does not sound at all unusual.

You don't often see the planes that leave a persistent trail because the trail lasts 50 times as long as it took the plane to fly over your field of vision. Plus a full trail is more noticeable than a partial trail.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The word "chemtrails" can include any dumping of chemicals into the atmosphere

So then by your definition contrails are also chemtrails? As is breathing?

Be more precise. What do you mean by "chemicals"?
edit on 30-5-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

See what you all think of this guys doppler radar presentation.

I need help defining the smoke/vapor in these videos.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-5-2011 by tbonethedstroyer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The word "chemtrails" can include any dumping of chemicals into the atmosphere, and there was an article posted earlier in the thread showing cloud seeding specifically being referred to as "chemtrails," referenced by the Wikipedia article on chemtrails, which also says that chemtrails are suspected in weather manipulation.

so passing gas would also be considered a chemtrail? Methane is a chemical compound. Hell, the global warming crowd even thinks that cow farts have a detrimental affect on the environment, so they certainly would be considered chemtrails. Are you sure this is the can of worms you meant to open?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
i found the pic i saved of the cloud coverage on obama inauguration day... ;p

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

You can't tell that's fake?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
ok...so now there are contrails and cloud seeding, but no chemtrails? man...the lines sure are starting to blur. isn't that what usually happens when you get closer to hidden truths?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
ok...so now there are contrails and cloud seeding, but no chemtrails? man...the lines sure are starting to blur. isn't that what usually happens when you get closer to hidden truths?

No, those are very hard solid distinct lines. What's blurred? There ARE contrails, there IS cloud seeding. There is NO EVIDENCE of chemtrails.

What's blurry there? Seems incredibly straightforward.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

people are saying that chemtrails are being used to manipulate weather. would that not be cloud seeding?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tbonethedstroyer

Nope....sorry:

Kvr3nEFFQKU

(And, yes....I looked at it). For anyone else, those 11 alpha-numerics are the code for a YouTube video. I chose not to embed it, not worth the effort.

.....because, it is yet another stupid claim about Dennis Kucinich, and HR 2977...long, long ago debunked.

The standard of "chem"-trail believers is to keep throwing up the same nonsense, each time...even when it's already been addressed.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
here in colorado they've been seeding the clouds for years the ski resorts do it the snow drops where they want it for the most part

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join