It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
that didnt look like they were getting to much of a punishment compaired to what i got as a child in school a ruler to the hands come on not like they were beating them with a billy club. the only one i seen that got it worse than the others is the one that wouldnt take there licks and sit down. this is why they dont have children shooting up there high schools there cause they dont put up with kids that act up
edit on 27-5-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Yes, because the one thing that would've helped Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (and others like them) was clearly more violence. It's not like getting beat up at school was a major factor in what happened. No, having attentive parents who could have taught them how to express themselves emotionally in a healthy manner would have been silly, and just lead to the further "pussification" of our country.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
that didnt look like they were getting to much of a punishment compaired to what i got as a child in school a ruler to the hands come on not like they were beating them with a billy club. the only one i seen that got it worse than the others is the one that wouldnt take there licks and sit down. this is why they dont have children shooting up there high schools there cause they dont put up with kids that act up
edit on 27-5-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

Punishment for what?
Sorry you got beat up,but why exactly did these kids deserve a bashing with the ruler,and hair pulling?
What are they doing wrong by handing in the school work?
Isn't that something to be rewarded,kids trying to learn?

Would you be happy with this being done to your 5-7year old at school?
Really?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Why has someone always got to be "HIT" to be made to do what is right. War is nothing more than a "Hard HITTING"..It's what you get when you get older now. If a human being can't be taught to do right without being hit, then God Help Us....and no, I'm not talking about time out and such mess as that, that does not work either. The only reason "Hitting" works is because it instills FEAR....There are more deterrents than "FEAR"..No, I don't have the answer right this second...but, there is a answer out there and it isn't "Hitting"....to instill fear.....
edit on 27-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Honestly I had no idea that so many members replying here could represent such a large population of corporal punishment's psychologically abused. I don't think I read a single reply of someone saying, "...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat. That guy did a great job conveying his message." THAT speaks volumes to me. My heart hurts right now. OW.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I agree with punishment and a slap when its deserved...but this is well over board, what are they guilty of? not meeting rediculous standards/exspectations?!?

BOO YOU LOT THAT DONT AGREE...and stop living in the past..this is why were not moving forward

edit on 27-5-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am totally shocked by this! Who says its ok to beat a little child over the head with a ruler and pull there hair?? Who says its ok to jab at a little child like that!!

I understand a smack over the hand with a ruler, but beating a child over the head and pulling there hair is border line child abuse!!!!

I'm a mother and this has really upset me as i have a child around the age of these poor little souls.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Its pathetic how the guy filming this is laughing.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
My how time changes perspectives.

Wasn't too long ago when it was considered normal practice here in the west. To the point where you would have to stand in class and answer questions (based on course) with a quick switch everytime you got a wrong answer.

It does beg the question though, are there any stats availabe for scholastic performance and violence pre and post punishment?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't see the problem. I am willing to bet if many of the posters on ATS had their share of whacks with a ruler, the spelling and/or grammar would be much improved as compared with what is currently offered. Me included?
Just added that before I got too many people parsing my post.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was expecting a beating...

Honestly. I was.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Aww c'mon are you serious? thats not a beating. Ive been beaten worse than that and im not traumatized or anything. They do that in lots of countries not just egypt and now we got to hate on them for that. Its stupid.

I understand if he hit them in the face with a stool or chocked them, but its just a ruler hit and little kids deserve disicipline if they been bad.
I sure the guy was afraid that those kids might turn into spoiled brats that disrespect and yell at their parents. Because thats all i see now a days, teens have no respect and are very violent and when they grow up they are worse. Once they are all growned up then you wanna teach them but since they are bigger and stronger they wont listen and most of them later end up dead or in jail.

I can Swear to you that people who have been disciplined in any way as a child grow up to be better in life than those who have let them do what they want.

One day humans will be forced to treat kids how the law sais it should and you wont be able to even hug your kids probably because you will be giving them too much love and it will violate some crazy law so you will be afraid of the law and your own children. Sorry but ive seen parents afraid of their children

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I used to live in a country in which they still had those punishment involving slapping kids with ruler on their hands for not complying with the teachers rules. I remember getting hit, I remember how traumatizing it is when someone who you don't even know that well dealt physical punishment on you.

I'm not that old, early twenties, had to start school when I was 4.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

I was never disciplined in any way at home and i actully felt it as a lack of love which I know now it was, my parents just plain never cared what we did one way or another.
I had a school teacher in 3rd grade (was teaching k-8th) who disciplined his own children and the several he adopted exactly like the video. They were expected to hold out their hand when told, they had perfect grades were wonderful to be around and grew up to hold high level positions and have great lives...compaired to majority of my family heading into drugs and alcohol and even some early deaths.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Studies have shown kids who are subjected to corporal punishment are not more likely to perform better academically and worse - as an adult they are more likely to exhibit symptoms of depression, acts of violence, and other mental disorders.

This article has some good sources. It is quite long though.
www.hrw.org...

Conversely, according to this study and my selective quoting..

This review suggests that it is possible that there are benefits to nonabusive physical punishment for African-American children.

So we should beat blackfrican american kids.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
Honestly I had no idea that so many members replying here could represent such a large population of corporal punishment's psychologically abused. I don't think I read a single reply of someone saying, "...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat. That guy did a great job conveying his message." THAT speaks volumes to me. My heart hurts right now. OW.

"...I was never beaten or spanked as a child but I would do it to my kids in a heartbeat...

I disciplined just like the video, I actualy had teachers call me for advice on child rearing and ask me how I had such wonderful children, they grew up to be people anyone would be proud of! they have never used drugs or abused alcohol and are happily married with careers.

On the other hand in my family of 7 children where we were never never disciplined and in my husbands family of 4 children who were NEVER disciplined the majority became messed up drug and alcohol abusers no careers no goals did poorly in school no college...the rest are severly depressed only 3 out of all of both families total 10 kids turned out moderatly ok.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The video is very hard to watch...I dint use physical punishment on my child....not spanking....so I cringe when I see ANY child ANYWHERE being hit (I believe spanking is hitting a child). And my child does not have behavior issues. I was raised being spanked by my parents into my late teen years with belts and paddles. I suffered from it. A lot. Parents need to learn other techniques of disciplining their children.

But wanted to say...when I was in kindergarten, in public school, in the 70s
the teachers would punish us by hitting the inside of our hands with rulers. I remember it happening to me as if it was yesterday. When I was in high school (80s) in public school, they would "paddle" as discipline.

Things have changed a lot since then....
edit on May 27th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm honestly shocked to see how many people seem to think this is OK. The fact that this used to be common practice doesn't justify or make it right, either. White people also used to own slaves back in the day.
Even if I was told this was the only way to be a good parent or to discipline your child, I could never physically hurt an innocent little kid. I don't know how anyone could, I fortunately don't have that in me.

By the way, the camera guy laughing in the background is just as disgusting as the man handing out the punishment.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Bullhorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Bullhorn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Children need a beating every now and then.

Maybe the kids were failing in class or something, idk, but it didn't look bad at all to me.

OMG!!!!

It was humiliating for those children...and you can see they are all very scared to have their turn.

can you imagine every day..how they live in fear for school.

What you said above shows a lot about you..I really hope you don't have children...

I saw another vidio yesterday from the same part of the world with the police..pulling at a young girls hair,and taunting her. I noticed in this video that the girls got it worse.

Damn it this world is screwed up..makes me want to just go fight these a***holes,and take them all out. Instead I have just sit here and cry, wondering why a loving God could stand by and watch so much torture (most much worse) being done to the most innocent ,and vulnerable in our world.
It gets really hard to deal with the sadness ,and anger I have inside when I see crap like this.

This may be because you don't understand. Most of those children will also be really happy and respect that teacher and look for ways to please him in behaving well, they probably love the guy. children do have more respect for adaults that do not let them rule them.
The whack he gave was so light all the crying, cringing and stuff kids do is all show, ask any kid who grows up how much the smack hurt at the time...usualy not much at all but they will remember what they did that caused it and work toward not getting it next time.
BTW if you are Christian the answer to why a loving God could stand by and watch so much torture is because he said "spare the rod spoil the child in so many words he also disciplined his people even to killing them in bunches!!!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

While I see where you are coming from, the teacher seems to be punishing learning. What I saw was him marking papers and small children being hit with a ruler....did they misspell something?
While I do think that much of today has gotten a bit soft on kids, I think there should be a line somewhere. My mother wouldnt spank me for getting a wrong answer on a test or not being able to pronounce a word correctly, she would teach me how to do it, you know with words. The times where I would swear, or hit my brother or steal, or destroy peoples gardens as a little bugger growing up, I got a spanking and a grounding (with all luxuries stripped of my room like toys and fun stuff). I cannot bring myself to condone a teacher disciplining a child for school work.
I dont condone a teacher hitting any student, but regardless, even with your reasoning, how was he right in disciplining?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join