It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

Using violence as a means of punishment for CHILDREN is abuse. Where do you draw the line? It's okay to use a belt but what about a knife? Just cut them a little bit. Come on, where is your logic?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have to say, that even here in the US, this is still done. When I was going to school in the 80's, I got slapped around a few times by teachers. It wasn't until my teenage years when I could stand up for myself that the teachers stopped. But I remember everything from being thrown into walls to having my arms cranked up behind my back in order to bring me under control and become submissive. This is still a normal practice in some schools in the US.

I believe they should go back to corporal punishment,and SPANK children. (with parents consent)

Without this rule,some teachers feel the need to kick some sense into kids on their own, and that can end in very bad results.

I understand some people feel spanking is wrong, but gosh, seems to me we didn't have a lot of the problems we have now , because kids knew there were consequences to their actions.
Parents were not afraid to spank their kids, but now, you risk jail in some states for spanking your kids.
And people wonder what is wrong with children these days?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
Using violence as a means of punishment for CHILDREN is abuse. Where do you draw the line? It's okay to use a belt but what about a knife? Just cut them a little bit. Come on, where is your logic?

Strawman. Where is your logic, you leap from a belt, which stings, to a knife which kills?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow some people are just out of touch I guess.... If you people knew half of the punishments I received while in school, it makes this man look like a saint, but I guess this is all part of the pussification of America... Sad world we live in.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Konstantinos
... I'm more stunned with the number of people who see nothing wrong with this video.
I too took a ruler to the hand as a child for not doing my homework, but this guy goes overboard pulling hair, and hitting the neck and ears of the kids.

he only pulls the hair of the children
who refuse to take their punishment.
They did not put their hand out when
he requested it.

Punishment for WHAT?? Handing in their homework, perhaps getting something wrong? SERIOUSLY??? You do not beat children with a ruler for handing in homework. Kids are humans too they do not deserve to be beaten like that it's disgusting.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

I agree. I've been punished like hell but I dont regret it a bit. Its normal in many countries but its funny how the video comes out now in 2011
I'm sure there are such incidents in the schools around the world but only the one from EGYPT comes out

I think people are blowing things out of proportion. I agree with you.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Alright, somes of you actualy want to kill this man ?

Are you serious ?

You really want to see this man in jail or beaten into a pulp ?

Because he used a ruler ?

Just because of it ?

When i was a kid my mother was used to use a paddle, sometimes she used her hand till i couldnt be able to sit, and sometimes she smacked my face so hard i could litteraly see stars

And guess what, it teached me discipline, it teached me to respect rules and peoples, to understand to not cross the lines...

And i never attacked or beaten someone who didnt attacked me...

Actualy, if you look closely, parents are overprotecting their kids, kids soon believing they're almighty.

But well, continue speaking about peace and freedom when you want to beat to death a simple teacher

I notice, ATS is ready to murder anyone who dare to hurt a kid , but dont really give a damn about the adult world

Because most of the time, the majority of the ATs database is composed of : kids, old kids, kids stuck in dreamland, kids in adult bodies

And of course : hypocrits

edit on 27-5-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

At first i thought this was not so bad a bit of discipline is not a bad thing,
But after watching the video it seems a bit excessive these children are very young and a few where absolutely craping themselves.

Egypt outlawed corporal punishment in 92 but it still continues today with parents being told not to file official reports.

Here is a personal testimony of an abused child's mother for those that want more to read. corporal-punishment-in-egypts-schools-a- personal-testimony/

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I was punished like this many times
when I was in grade school right here
in North Carolina, USA in the
70's.

My school principal had a paddle in his top
desk drawer which I was the receiver
of that many times.

My father used his leather belt on my
hiney many times. Sometimes it hurt
so bad I couldn't sit down for a day or two.

And my mom used a switch from a bush
or used her shoe.

if I did something wrong, I was punished.
end of story.

this is called parenting

spare the rod, spoil the child

I don't see anything wrong with the video.

children need to be taught that there
are repercussions for breaking rules.
If not, half of them will be in prison
by the time they're 21 yrs old.

Now days, all they do as punishment
is send you to your room or either expel
you from school.

How is that punishment???
When being home means
8 more hrs of video games
and TV ???

edit on 5/27/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

I would have gladly taken this kind of "beating" over the paddlings I got in school anytime. And what has happened now that we treat kids differently than we did back then? Now kids go around beating up old people. Spare the rod spoil child.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubes
Punishment for WHAT?? Handing in their homework, perhaps getting something wrong? SERIOUSLY??? You do not beat children with a ruler for handing in homework. Kids are humans too they do not deserve to be beaten like that it's disgusting.

and may you have kids that grow up to serve
10-15 yrs for armed robbery cuz they have
no respect for authority.

Then when they get out, they put you
in a rest home and throw away the
key and leave you to rot.

nice parenting there buddy

don't want to punish the kids now do we ???

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yes - when I was in school paddling - being slapped with a ruler - and other forms of "getting your attention" were acceptable.

There is still corporal punishment allowed in US schools today - - mostly in the south.

Corporal punishment in schools remains legal in 21 U.S. states and is used frequently in 13: Missouri, Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida, according to data received from the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education and cited in the report.

articles.cnn.com...:US

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
don't know if anyone was paying attention
but the person doing the filming is also
vocally giddy with amusement....

not for nothing
the kid @ :28 takes it like a man

also notice the trickery he employ's @ 1:08
to lure the girl in so as he can grab her
to dole out his licks...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Literally shook me up, give me 15 minutes with this guy and I can guarantee you that he'll never look at a kid or a ruler again. Hope this jerk gets what's coming to him!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubes

Originally posted by Konstantinos
... I'm more stunned with the number of people who see nothing wrong with this video.
I too took a ruler to the hand as a child for not doing my homework, but this guy goes overboard pulling hair, and hitting the neck and ears of the kids.

he only pulls the hair of the children
who refuse to take their punishment.
They did not put their hand out when
he requested it.

By the it looks in the video they were getting their homework back and the grade determined the punishment received. Apparently Egypt has seen what happened to the American educational system once you get rid of corporal punishment and has decided not to go that route.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

By the it looks in the video they were getting their homework back and the grade determined the punishment received. Apparently Egypt has seen what happened to the American educational system once you get rid of corporal punishment and has decided not to go that route.

Egypt outlawed corporal punishment - - but America has not.

Corporal punishment in schools remains legal in 21 U.S. states and is used frequently in 13: Missouri, Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Florida, according to data received from the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education and cited in the report.

articles.cnn.com...:US

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
We don't know the context, but I bet you most of the people in the village where this was recorded think its nothing unusual.

Do any of you realize how imperialist you sound.

You don't know those people, you probably cannot even pronounce their names. But you are fit to pass judgment after watching a 4 second video.

Like you give a rip about their lives or what the average literacy level in their country is.

You wont dare judge them based on their skin color or funny clothes, so instead you castigate them for how they live. What's next, lamenting the fact that their parents give them unpasteurized milk?

If only you could get them to eat fast food and play videogames, to quit worshiping their god and start worshiping yours instead.

That would be PROGRESS

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Gotta love all the internet tough gouys acting all heated up, as I was talking to an educator this very day, back when we used to get corporal punishement, it was not really so bad, and taught you respect, or at least, made you smarter. Nowadays you cant even yell to a kid without being looked strange...
Hope your kids get a nice life sentence for not respecting the laws, then you will have much more time to think about how deep has the thing gone...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I think everyone should divide the topic from parental punishment and non-parental punishment. I have no problem with the switches and spankings I receive as a child from my parent, they did it because they loved me and I like that I didn't end up walking in front a car because I didn't want to receive a spanking. I don't punish my kids in this way unless its to keep them from hurting themselves in one way or the other. For a parent to beat a child everyday because of an invented excuse is child abuse - that is where the child cannot win - no matter what they do their sick bastard of a parent finds a reason to beat them.

You people against all spanking need to separate "beating" from "spanking" as well. I've never received or seen a spanking that had any effect after 60 seconds. Its a sting. A beating, to me, is punching, hitting, using an object to hit a child. We don't accept "beatings" in any form.

That said, I have a problem with non-parents deciding when to spank children or hit them in any other way. Thats because I have zero respect for public school teachers - they are nearly scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to intelligence (at least in modern times) and lazy to boot. They simply don't have the intelligence to grade children much less punish them.

I admit though, I'm torn because I'd rather my child receive a spank for tossing a piece of mulch than be arrested by the police and subjected to their psychosis. -- our child was threatened with that for that very reason.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Children need a beating every now and then.

Maybe the kids were failing in class or something, idk, but it didn't look bad at all to me.

OMG!!!!

It was humiliating for those children...and you can see they are all very scared to have their turn.

can you imagine every day..how they live in fear for school.

What you said above shows a lot about you..I really hope you don't have children...

I saw another vidio yesterday from the same part of the world with the police..pulling at a young girls hair,and taunting her. I noticed in this video that the girls got it worse.

Damn it this world is screwed up..makes me want to just go fight these a***holes,and take them all out. Instead I have just sit here and cry, wondering why a loving God could stand by and watch so much torture (most much worse) being done to the most innocent ,and vulnerable in our world.

It gets really hard to deal with the sadness ,and anger I have inside when I see crap like this.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It really scares me when people say they see nothing wrong with what he did but I bet you that some of you who say that would be the first one to raise hell if that had been a dog or a cat.

I have no problem with a slap to the hand. But striking a child on the back of the neck and yanking them around by their hair is sadistic. He seemed to get his jollies on the poor little girl in pink.

Call me a internet tough guy all you want, but I promise you I would deal with that guy in a way only he would understand. I have no problem beating a tough guy like this to a pulp who obviously gets enjoyment from whipping kids.

I do agree that paddling should be allowed in schools, without a doubt. The video in the OP is just plain abuse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join