It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRAPHIC CONTENT: Teacher Beats Children

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
If any of you think 7& 8 year old kids need to be punished like this to make them learn to do their school work properly, then there is something wrong with you.

Corporal punishment may have it's place but this is beyond reason.

It was a tiny little stick!!! your kids probably run all over you the way you sound, just because you give them everything they want and they do not complain does not mean your being a successful parent. or you just passed them on recessive genes.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
reply to post by Sparky63

Of coarse he was arrested. We don't live in a society that wants to see the best for our kids, we live in one that uses kids as political tools and the politician that is nicest to the kids gets the votes. meanwhile schools feed kids full of fatty foods and lower the grade expectations as well as creating sub-par education paths that allow kids to graduate still even though they did not learn the same as the rest of the kids. Its pathetic.

School lunch menus have absolutely nothing to do with what happened to these kids. Violence begets violence.
The state of the Western school system has nothing to do with what what shown on the video.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

If any of you think 7& 8 year old kids need to be punished like this to make them learn to do their school work properly, then there is something wrong with you.

Corporal punishment may have it's place but this is beyond reason.

It was a tiny little stick!!! your kids probably run all over you the way you sound, just because you give them everything they want and they do not complain does not mean your being a successful parent. or you just passed them on recessive genes.

Not assuming much are you? You don't know me or my kids so your arguments and accusations are meaningless.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Based on the story and what is seen in the video - the teacher was hitting these children due to grades and/or school work AND not for disobedience or some other disorderly behavior.

I'm seeing a large majority of the children being hit, yet, I'm not seeing one bit of positive reinforcement for students that may have done as told. That itself represents a poor comprehension of the art of teaching. Classroom grades can also be the result of poor teaching skills of the teacher. So how would the teacher be punished for incompetence?

If the students were receiving bad grades or not doing their class assignments, then I perceive that as ineptness on the side of the teacher - not the students - especially with the high number of students that the teacher was punishing. Apparently none of his students where doing very good.

Inflicting this type of physical (and potentially emotional) punishment to a child (especially without parental consent) is unjust. Now if this teacher was given specific instructions by the parents of the children to punish these children in this exact manner under these exact circumstances then maybe I can rationalize it being acceptable. Yet, I don't see that here.

If supporters of corporal punishment believe it's acceptable to punish a child without their parents prior approval or at least full disclose after the fact (which is not what happened in this case) - then I would be curious to know why? And if they have children?

I support PARENTS punishing their OWN children in this manner, yet I do NOT support some other person doing it for them without prior authorization or full disclosure. And yes PARENTS should have the legal right to physically reprimand their OWN children (without resorting to abuse).

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Finally someone who understands. Its about respect. they are confusing trauma with mental strength thats what it is.
They treat them like pets if they do good you give them a treat if they do bad you go outside. Its just a small smack to wake you up, pay attention. its not a full strength punch in the face. They are soft indeed. maybe they should visit other countries and live with different cultures then they could understand a little better.

AND FOR ALL THOSE that are afraid of spanking your children atleast atleast get them to do exercise and chores.Dont just sit around and say "you are not going to the park!, oh sweety im sorry heres some ice cream" because one day your son/daughter is going to slap you.

IF you really wanna punish your children without hitting them, Get them to do push ups and situps until they are exhausted. youll see its the worse punishment you can get TO exhaust you until you can barely breath by working and exercising.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
I dont really know where to post this and not sure if its already been posted but this is too shocking. This "teacher" claims that this type of punishment is what is required after the Egyptian revolt of Jan 25th.

Please be aware that this may be distressing to some...it sure as hell was for me!

Video

El-Shaar allegedly told prosecutors: "Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children especially after the January 25 revolt."

Whoa.

I would of literally beat the peace into him, had I been there. After that, I'd give each and every child there a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and apologize for the abuses of that man.

He is causes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Trauma to those poor children. What's worse, is that there is a man filming it, and the worse the kids react to his beatings.... the more he laughs.

It's got the smell of propaganda, yes... the incident really happened... but it just stinks of a onetime thing to get us to sympethize with the people who support revolution, to show them... that it's bad.

When it's not. That guy was beating the kids so revolution doesn't happen in their generation. You make a generation of kids scared and docile, so when they grow up, they are used to the practices because that is all they know... so they don't revolt again.

At the same time, blaming the revolution for the reasons they are doing this... basically in an attempt to sway the public opinion away from revolution.

Again, social engineering at its finest.

Sickening, I would love to see that man crying in pain as I jerk is head all around in a MT Clinch, repeatedly sending rib breaking knees to his sternum.

What do you think he would say after such an assault?

Oh right, nothing... because he'd be begging me to stop, and I wouldn't till he was down and out.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by matito

Ya ok i agree. But we might not have seen all the kids in the class, the video was short and maybe the kids that did finish got ice cream

my parents had to sign a waver that said it was ok to give me the strap if i broke any agreed apon rules, maybe that wasn't the case with this episode but i still stand by the punishment if it was all on the level

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude
So a ruler to the hand is shocking and worth arresting? I remember being paddled!! and oh good lord what if my dad found out I was messing up in school, I'd get the belt. Come on people, I admit what he did was probably illegal(I am not familiar with laws in Egypt) but arent we blowing this a little out of proportion?? I think disciplining kids is a good thing as long as it doesnt cross the line into abuse. I know we have all seen kids that didnt get disciplined and seen how they act. Maybe it's just me but I wasnt shocked nor appalled.

Did you WATCH the video? Did you see the hair pulling? The beating the kids over the head and back and neck as well as jabbing them in the chest? yanking them around? If you think what took place in that video is okay... Well, then... You are not okay by me.

This is way more than just a ruler to the hand.... Watch the video....

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The man was arrested. His excuse was that he did this because of the recent revolution. I guess he didn't want these little hellions (SARCASM INTENDED) growing up to want freedom or anything as radical as that.

Don't kid yourself that this was a good teacher with nothing but the best intentions for his students.
Try to use some critical thinking skills here.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HisMajesty

Finally someone who understands. Its about respect. they are confusing trauma with mental strength thats what it is.
They treat them like pets if they do good you give them a treat if they do bad you go outside. Its just a small smack to wake you up, pay attention. its not a full strength punch in the face. They are soft indeed. maybe they should visit other countries and live with different cultures then they could understand a little better.

AND FOR ALL THOSE that are afraid of spanking your children atleast atleast get them to do exercise and chores.Dont just sit around and say "you are not going to the park!, oh sweety im sorry heres some ice cream" because one day your son/daughter is going to slap you.

IF you really wanna punish your children without hitting them, Get them to do push ups and situps until they are exhausted. youll see its the worse punishment you can get TO exhaust you until you can barely breath by working and exercising.

You are an idiot. You just endorsed treating human children like animals. This isn't confusing mental strength with trauma, this is causing trauma because of lack of mental strength.

Children don't know any better. Beating them doesn't educate them, it scares them into not doing what they did again, in fear of being beat... instead of teaching them why it was wrong to begin with.

So, following that logic, you can never stop beating children. For the moment you do, they will be an undisciplined population. Doing all sorts of wrong, thinking there is nothing wrong with it, because they were never taught why it's bad.

What he was doing, is not equivalent to spanking your kids, and no... if you watch the video all the way through, not all the kids get hit lightly.

The last one, was crying before she got hit, he hit her hard, on her head, the back of her neck, her stomach, her wrists, and her lower back. All the while, jerking her head around by her pony tail, the more she resisted, the more she was beaten, till she stopped resisting, then he beat her once more and let her go.

There is no excuse for this. He was beating them for no reason too, I might add. He was pretending to read their papers... but he was just flipping through them, looking for a reason to hit the kids hard.

The ones that didn't resist got a lesser wack. The ones that didn't want to be hit, got beat. Furthermore, this isn't their parent, this is some P.O.S. school teacher.

Also, you don't need to spank your kids... ever. This doesn't mean you will have whiny or uncontrolled kids.... nor does it mean they will beat you back later. Punishments are about symbolizing WHY what they did was wrong.... not, You did such and Such, so you can't go X Place. That doesn't teach the kid anything, other than you don't like what they do. It doesn't teach them about the social interaction that they somehow have gotten wrong.

An acceptable punishment should be tailored to the offense. If your kid beat some one up, then showing him extreme cases of wounded victims, and showing him how he could potential end up one of them suffices. Beating him, or telling him no candy doesn't work. It doesn't show the negative affects of the actions commited.

You are not fit to be a parent.

Discipline does not equal beatings. Ever. Discipline is adequate punishment that educates rather than fear mongers.

Beating your kids is all about scaring them into perfoming the way you want them to. I was beat. Guess what, I hit back one day, and it stopped for good. Not proud that I had to raise my hands to my Father, but it was the only thing that got the job done. I was 17 at the time. A smack on the bottom, progresses to a slap in the face, and ultimately when you are no longer a child who will willingly bend over your daddies lap to get the belt, it becomes punches to the face, or beating with brooms and the like.

I wasn't beaten badly, nothing I would personally believe he needed to be in jail for... for one, he taught me something brilliant from it. Never hit anybody ever, unless you have to... Period. It came to the day in which I had to, I threw one punch, and never ever ever ever ever again was I hit. It taught me how to make a stand, and it also taught me how to endure things that I otherwise wouldn't want to ever endure.

There were positives from it, but again... I was never beaten badly. I've never been bloody as a result. My Mom tied me up with a rope and had my brother transport me to a closet. This is abuse, but, mental abuse. My father has done things like fill up a whole glass full of ice, fill it to the brim with soda, and poor it over me while laying in my bed.

Again, no pain... but mental abuse. You know what happened? I made my stand, and now my little brother (who is now 8) has the best parents in the world now. They used to think like this, until they seen how it didn't work through experience. I don't fault my parents, for that is how they were raised, and they generally believed it was "how it's done."

However, it's not. And again, I was never beat up. I've been punched in the face by my dad. Hit with a broom stick once or twice. Smacked in the mouth by my mom.... Spanked as a kid.... but never repeatedly beaten, over and over into submission.

Spankings don't work. Wrist wacking doesn't work. Pulling hair doesn't work. Screaming doesn't work. These are all irrational behaviours.

As a parent it is your job to analyze what your kid did wrong, and come up with a clever way to make that point to him... so he realizes it on his own. This is the only thing that works, because that is how learning is done. Anything else is classified under fear mongering and irrational behaviour, because "We've tried everything!" except showing the kid WHY what he did was wrong.

Usually this is because the parents don't understand why it's wrong. I'd get punished as a kid, and when I'd ask why... the answer was always "BECAUSE I SAID SO."

I'd be like "Hey mom, can I go over Cody's house today?" She'd be like "No." I'd simply ask, "Well why not, mom?" She'd say simply right back "Because I said so."

So in short, acting authoritarian does not work. It does not work for the SAME EXACT REASONS why Authoritarian Government doesn't work. Because of it's "I said so" stance. You can't learn, if you are refused the information to learn.

All you "Because I said so parents" and I know you are here, on ATS -- check it out.... You are doing a disservice to your kids. If they wanna go somewhere, and you say no... THEY DESERVE an explanation. Otherwise, how do you expect them to learn? The only thing you teach them, is to bow to authority... which is a HORRIBLE trait to have. You only bow to authority when authority is right... and that is NOT the message you are teaching your children.

Sorry. I'm done now, this topic is just a very, very, sore subject for me.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Why is the revolt responsible?

And if they were cheaters and or very bad kids, I don't think it's a bad idea.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

The man was arrested. His excuse was that he did this because of the recent revolution. I guess he didn't want these little hellions (SARCASM INTENDED) growing up to want freedom or anything as radical as that.

Don't kid yourself that this was a good teacher with nothing but the best intentions for his students.
Try to use some critical thinking skills here.

I have no idea what the situation was, it is probably trumped up no doubt but i wasn't there. What i figure is being argued here is weather it is ok to hit kids in school with 4.5 gram objects for not complying. The rest is just another line to divide rather than see the fundamentals here. i doubt half the posters here that claimed to want to beat this man up for what he did, read any of the article but only watched the video

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I went to a Catholic grade school and many of my teachers were old nearing-senility nuns. If we were able to video way back then (70's-80's), I'd be able to show you truly shocking moments as compared to this example.
When we got smacked or spanked, the nuns would also pin a notes to our shirts to ensure our parents would know about what happened. And because my mom was all about nuns being nearly infallable, she'd send me to get the cricket paddle and give me a few whacks of her own and then make me bring her thank-you note back to the nun the next day. I didn't get in trouble very many times...strongly motivated not to.

However...

Save the corporal punishment for the kids who need a behavior check, like a boy for pulling a girl's ponytail or such should get a whollop from an adult, but for improper homework? That is excessive. In that part of the world, we don't need kids to develop schisms because of the treatment they received from their elders. Those kids need extra hugs and praise and the puppy-ducky-bunny routine.

Now western kids, they get the puppy-ducky-bunny routine way too much. They never learn consequences for their actions. When they act out or do poorly in school, they get a diagnosis and a prescription, or are simply ignored and allowed to be disruptive or fail badly on tests but be passed on to the next grade.

There should be a happy-medium somewhere.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

I understand where some are coming from regarding disciplinary punishment. It all depends on the circumstances - which are not completely visible in this video. Maybe those children deserved and maybe even needed some type of disciplinary reprimand. And maybe some parents knew and approved about what was happening being done. It's not easy to determine if there was any kind of prior authorization or if he was telling any of the parents what actions he was taking to discipline their children. In my opinion, this is something between him and the parents of those children. I pointed out my observations, yet, personally I'm not taking sides since I don't have all the facts.

edit on 27-5-2011 by matito because:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Sorry to say, I do nto consider this to be "abuse" at all. If we brought back this type of treatment maybe we wouldn't have 17 year old kids who act like the girls in the video below.

Or, you know, her parents could have done their jobs when she was a child and instilled morality into her through positive reinforcement. I know it's a hard concept to grasp for a lot of you considering the cyclical nature of abuse, but there are many parents out there who actually parent and never have to resort to hitting their children just to teach them common decency.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by HisMajesty

You are an idiot. You just endorsed treating human children like animals. This isn't confusing mental strength with trauma, this is causing trauma because of lack of mental strength.

Children don't know any better. Beating them doesn't educate them, it scares them into not doing what they did again, in fear of being beat... instead of teaching them why it was wrong to begin with.

So, following that logic, you can never stop beating children. For the moment you do, they will be an undisciplined population. Doing all sorts of wrong, thinking there is nothing wrong with it, because they were never taught why it's bad.

What he was doing, is not equivalent to spanking your kids, and no... if you watch the video all the way through, not all the kids get hit lightly.

The last one, was crying before she got hit, he hit her hard, on her head, the back of her neck, her stomach, her wrists, and her lower back. All the while, jerking her head around by her pony tail, the more she resisted, the more she was beaten, till she stopped resisting, then he beat her once more and let her go.

There is no excuse for this. He was beating them for no reason too, I might add. He was pretending to read their papers... but he was just flipping through them, looking for a reason to hit the kids hard.

The ones that didn't resist got a lesser wack. The ones that didn't want to be hit, got beat. Furthermore, this isn't their parent, this is some P.O.S. school teacher.

Also, you don't need to spank your kids... ever. This doesn't mean you will have whiny or uncontrolled kids.... nor does it mean they will beat you back later. Punishments are about symbolizing WHY what they did was wrong.... not, You did such and Such, so you can't go X Place. That doesn't teach the kid anything, other than you don't like what they do. It doesn't teach them about the social interaction that they somehow have gotten wrong.

An acceptable punishment should be tailored to the offense. If your kid beat some one up, then showing him extreme cases of wounded victims, and showing him how he could potential end up one of them suffices. Beating him, or telling him no candy doesn't work. It doesn't show the negative affects of the actions commited.

You are not fit to be a parent.

Are you some sort of shill? you just made up your own story, how do you know he was pretending to look at the books? how complicated to imagine it would be to see if a 4th grader finished his/homework.

My mother spanked the hell out of me till i was about 10 then i didn;t need it anymore, and i might add i have NEVER struck anyone in anger nor do i think it is ok.

What don't children know? when they are doing something wrong? of coarse they do dont be naive, if he didn't do that they probably would have laughed about how they didn't have to do it. Those kids parents should have been hauled in there to watch so that maybe they would do better job teaching their kids responsibility.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here is another article about a different Egyptian teacher:

A teacher at an Egyptian preparatory school beat one of his students to death for not doing his homework, according to press reports.

Mathematics teacher Haitham Abdul-Hamid, 23, was punishing 11-year-old student Islam Amr at the school in the coastal city of Alexandria for not doing all his homework, the Egyptian daily al-Masry al-Youm reported Tuesday.

Abdul-Hamid tried to beat Amr using a ruler, but the scared student would not open his hand. The teacher then took him outside the class and started kicking him brutally in the stomach. Amr fainted and was transferred to the hospital, where he breathed his last. Doctors have not yet announced the cause of death.

The teacher admitted to his crime and said he only wanted to discipline and not kill him. Abdul-Hamid was charged with man slaughter and was detained for 4 days pending further investigations.

theworldobserver.com...:egyptian-teacher-beats-11-yr-student-to-death&catid=54:around-the-w orld

Maybe now we see why the authorities are taking the conduct of this teacher so seriously.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Liberals are just now realizing the culture is different? This is pretty typical. The guy hasn't realized the Socialists have taken over his country. You libs really thought they were as pc as you?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with spanking your kids but I don't think that anybody besides their parents should be doing the spanking.

That said, if I ever catch anybody touching my daughter the way that guy is hitting that little girl I would beat the crap out him.

I would go to jail with a smile over the that one!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join